Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal (11618 Views)

PDP's Caleb Muftwang Wins Plateau Governorship Election (2023) / Buhari Sends Birthday Messages To Anyim, Useni, Four Others, Snubs Wife / Jeremiah Useni's Rice Company In Plateau (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by jamesnews0001: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
The main opposition candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Plateau State, Senator Jeremiah Useni has rejected the final outcome of the result of the gubernatorial election and has vowed to reclaim his mandate in the tribunal.
He also assured the citizenry and the teaming party supporters in the State that the party will pursue the matter diligently.

Useni stated this while addressing journalists in Jos, the State Capital.

It would be recalled that in the early hours of Sunday, the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared the incumbent Governor and candidate of the APC, Simon Lalong, winner of the election, after polling 595, 587 votes, while his closest rival and candidate of the main opposition PDP, Senator Jeremiah Useni, got 546, 813 votes.

The PDP candidate, however said, “My team and I have gone through both the official results released by INEC and documents submitted by our own field staff; we have every reason to believe that justice has not been done to our people in this election, because there was massive rigging and electoral shortcomings.

“After due consultation, I hereby state that the results announce by INEC is not acceptable to us.

“Consequently, we have requested our legal team to activate all the due processes to reclaim our cherished mandate.”

“I give you my word that we will pursue this matter diligently, and by the grace of God, we will overturn and recover the peoples mandate”, Useni assured.

SOURCES[b] :https://jamesnews.com.ng/2019/03/24/plateau-guber-polls-pdp-candidate-useni-rejects-outcome-heads-for-tribunal/ [/b]

1 Share

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2019
Buhari is an irresponsible president

Common Election he cannot conduct

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Richardonald(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
APC governorship candidate now, hearing the PDP candidate is going to court... after what happen in osun tribunal.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by olisaEze(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
One advantage, no one yells “sifia pains” anymore on NL when opponents head to court! cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by saaron(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Plateau govenorship elections was basically the template used for the -sham Kano rerun yesterday. The only difference was violence.
An election with figures like: APC 4000, PDP 2 is not only a calamity but a huge disgrace. What is the point of organizing elections when the anointed candidate has been chosen by the cabals that rule Nigeria? Hundreds of billions of naira wasted for NOTHING!
Nigeria under this useless govt has entered the era of Rigging with Impunity. They will rig before your very eyes and tell you to go to court. what an Insult.
Free and fair elections indeed.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Hezzyluv: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
APC and ringing, Just like bread and butter.

The worst election EVER. In the history of Nigeria democracy.

Go and reclaim ur mandate. "E work for Adeleke, e go work 4u"

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by InaNla(f): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
This grandpa should go and rest

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Amuocha: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Great decision

Plateau is PDP shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by yeyeboi(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Buhari and Yakubu are patron saints of Lawyers .
Chop chop season for the learned criminals.
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Ayomiposi0: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
angry

Thank God, Nigeria is getting there now

Fight for what you deserve
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by InaNla(f): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Buhari is an irresponsible president

Common Election he cannot conduct

Buari is a confirmed crook!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by ifyalways(f): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
You win some, you lose some.

Jerry boy should rest. Cant even believe this man is still in Politics; Since Abacha regime? Made a whole lot of Abuja big madams rich in those days cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by kelvinginzie: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
InaNla:

Buari is a confirmed crook!
you hate buhari more than satan

1 Like

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Ceekay212: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
After the massive rigging during the LGAs elections, I had no doubt APC would rig the sh*t out of the gubernatorials too

1 Like

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Tiyi(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
All of them will start heading to tribunal...

But, one thing I don't understand is that, if person win at tribunal, shouldn't inec be blamed for being corrupted.. Why blame the other party??

I'm just saying

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by pat077: 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
Old man. Go and sleep and leave the stage for your children.

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Bonebreaker(m): 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
imagine the fear that buahri will be feeling now
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by QualityShare: 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
It was a clear rigging and I'm sure PDP will regain their mandate just like we saw in osun.
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by albaniy1: 6:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
JOS TRIBUNAL WAITING 4 HIM LIKE

1 Like

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Pavore9: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bonebreaker:
imagine the fear that buahri will be feeling now

Fear fire! Na today! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by OBAGADAFFI: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
Is that 76 year old Lt. General J.Usenni (RTD) of Abacha regime?

What is going in the country ?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by NinjaMetahuman: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
lol when pdp loses, it goes to tribunal. but when apc loses, it accepts defeat in the interest of peace.

now i know pdp is a party of boko haram and gej is the only democrat in that awful party.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by tstx(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Following

See my signature
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by slivertongue: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
Over voting and undue cancellations will make the pleas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Bonebreaker(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
Pavore9:

Fear fire! Na today! cheesy
oga na today oo he has been taking people to the tribunal but now he is been taken there
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Mopolchi: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
PDP will surely retrieve its stolen mandate.
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Pavore9: 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bonebreaker:
oga na today oo he has been taking people to the tribunal but now he is been taken there

E don "wet ground" before the election! cheesy
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Agugbadin: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
I am not supporting any party but I think Useni is an old man that should go and rest or farm and leave politics for the younger ones.
Re: Plateau Governorship Election: Useni Rejects Outcome, Heads For Tribunal by Neoteny(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
PDP has a serious case of entitlement syndrome.

When GEJ was ousted, they blamed it on rigging.

When Atiku lost, they blamed it on some phantom rigging.

Every single election they win is honest, but each one they lost is rigging.

In free and fair elections, you win some and you lose some.

PDP seems to have this mentality of daring INEC with "we can never lose", as if electorates cannot make their own choices, which is emblematic of true democracy. Perhaps they're used to the old days of clean sweep enabled by wide-spread rigging.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inaccurate Reporting On Sale Of Power On Credit Needs To Be Corrected - Garba / Bayelsa West: APC Members Defect To PDP In Protest Of Zoning Violation / I Didn’t Receive Any Salary For Eight Years As Sokoto Governor – Bafarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.