Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,500 members, 7,801,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect (28270 Views)

List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs) / Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect –sokoto Yoruba Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Honor10: 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
Davash222:

Olowu of Iwo. Bling bling emir

I know that's d person u will mention, he also said they can start calling him Igwe, oba or Emir, and his official title is still Oba.

oya mention another king in Yoruba land(SW) that bear emir.
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
sweetjohn:
The northerners don't like and don't trust and will never trust the Yorubas. They trusted the Igbos more and even find it comfortable doing businesses with the Igbo. Their only problem with the Igbos is RELIGION. This is what every average northerners knows. That's why they refer the Yorubas as deceivers that never can be trusted. In fact, to the northerners, there are only TWO tribe in Nigeria: the Muslims (Northerners) and the Christians (SE and SS) the rest are insignificance
So no Christians in the northern region?
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by mabea: 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
RichBoy247:
There is no Yoruba monarch in the North, don't confuse yourself. If you are hungry, beg for food, stop behaving like Igbos that have Igwes all over the world. Yoruba monarchs ate supposed to lead in Oduduwa land. Hausa/Fulani land is not Oduduwa land
Go to kado in Abuja near life camp you will see a Yoruba oba palace

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by MrIcredible: 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
YorubaBigot:
Lol... I often laugh at some of my fellow yorubas who think they natter in islam.

Although i'm a yoruba Christian, truth is yoruba muslims are often disregarded and seen as lesser muslums when it comes to islam. Theres no point trying to force, we yorubas are visitirs to islam, lets allow the real owners of islam in nigeria to call shots. I see no reason why we should be crying of been pushed aside and marginalized by northern muslims, but we are quick to accuse ibos of having an Eze ndigbo in yorubaland. Thsts hypocrisy
I don't know why OSU flat heads usually think that their opinion matters.

I am waiting for them to make an Osu a pope first

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by mabea: 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Do yorubers accord respect to igbo monarchs in their own land Any small thing they start threatening igbos in South west because igbos refuse to lick their ass.
Now look at them crying foul for receiving the same medicine they dished to igbos.
Meanwhile i thought they said yorubers don't go to other lands apart from lagos.
They are very paranoid with lowself esteem

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Ziggylady(f): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Afonja muslims!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Why this insult to Yorubas. Yoruba will never recognize any oba crowned and ruling outside Yoruba land because ori oba ki sunta(the King's head never sleeps outside the palace). The northern regional self acclaimed Yoruba oba is a Yoruba LEADER in the region and not OBA. If he wants to test his obaship respect in the land,he should come to his village or state, if he will be accorded or honoured as a real Yoruba king. He should drop his purchased crown in the north while coming here or else he will be disgraced because we are not like awon omo aje okuta ma mu omi (ajokutamamomi) who buy crowns anywhere and put it on. Yoruba Oba's crown is inherited and not modernly purchased. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Earthquake2:

So you are for disrespecting the yoruba king by the Northern masters

Slave mentality

Is it that many of you guys can't comprehend simpler sentence or what ? He was complaining that his Fellow Yoruba won't Accord him respect, he wasn't talking about the Northerners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by AnanseK(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
Jayslicky:
How can they be respected when all they do is asslick northerners, they cannot make a firm decision in a situation they only go with the highest bidder, they lack virtes of honesty, integrity and contentment but have vices of hypocrisy, greed and wickedness, who will ever want to associate with such people, they insult whoever is not on their side calling them Igbos even if they are igbos, I've never seen a tribe so filled with jealousy and hate like them, everything to them is competition.

Another bitter and frustrated IPOB spotted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Do yorubers accord respect to igbo monarchs in their own land Any small thing they start threatening igbos in South west because igbos refuse to lick their ass.
Now look at them crying foul for receiving the same medicine they dished to igbos.
Meanwhile i thought they said yorubers don't go to other lands apart from lagos.

He said his fellow Yoruba Don't Respect him, he is not talking about Northerners

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
Earthquake2:
[s][/s]

Oba of yoruba is disrespected in Sokoto what do you have to say about that

He said his fellow Yoruba don't respect him, he is not talking about the Northerners. I think you guys can't read and Comprehend simple sentence

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Opiletool(m): 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2019
One thing anyone can deduce from this thread is, some people lack basic comprehensive skills. It's so shameful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by noisy45(m): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Jayslicky:
How can they be respected when all they do is asslick northerners, they can make a firm decision in a situation they only go with the highest bidder, they lack virtes of honesty, integrity and contentment but have vices of hypocrisy, greed and wickedness, who will ever want to associate with such people, they insult whoever is not on their side calling them Igbos even if they are igbos, I've never seen a tribe so filled with jealousy and hate like them, everything to them is competition.

You said it all no need to say my
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by noisy45(m): 10:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
ogunsbanjul:
Why this insult to Yorubas. Yoruba will never recognize any oba crowned and ruling outside Yoruba land because ori oba ki sunta(the King's head never sleeps outside the palace). The northern regional self acclaimed Yoruba oba is a Yoruba LEADER in the region and not OBA. If he wants to test his obaship respect in the land,he should come to his village or state, if he will be accorded or honoured as a real Yoruba king. He should drop his purchased crown in the north while coming here or else he will be disgraced because we are not like awon omo aje okuta ma mu omi (ajokutamamomi) who buy crowns anywhere and put it on. Yoruba Oba's crown is inherited and not modernly purchased. Thanks

Omo ale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Effiongdbest: 10:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
So there is oba in sokoto? Ehhn wonders shall never end. These Yorubas are bastarrds and hypocrites. Anyway how can a Northern master ever respect a SW slave??.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Effiongdbest: 10:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

He said his fellow Yoruba don't respect him, he is not talking about the Northerners. I think you guys can't read and Comprehend simple sentence
So it really means there is Oba in Sokoto?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by noisy45(m): 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
Continue to ass lick northerners how will they respect you when Alimi ass fuc*ked Afonja and took illorin. How will Tinubu respect you when the whole of Lagos, Ogun and osun belongs to him and you are not useful as a tout to him like mc oluomo

6 Likes

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
Effiongdbest:

So it really means there is Oba in Sokoto?

I don't know about that
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by arstot(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2019
Davash222:
How can they accord them respect when your obas in the West are conferring themselves with the title of Emir. Inferiority complex.
How many oba in d west is adopting that...... stop nonsense and mention name if u know any , but remember even the sarkin Yoruba in sokoto is greater than all traditional rulers in the east put together.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
noisy45:
Continue to ass lick northerners how will they respect you when Alimi ass fuc*ked Afonja and took illorin. How will Tinubu respect you when the whole of Lagos, Ogun and osun belongs to him and you are not useful as a tout to him like mc oluomo

You are an Illiterate and you are just disgracing yourself because you can't comprehend simple sentence, Go back and read it maybe your brain would be able to pick up this time
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Guestlander: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Earthquake2:

So you are for disrespecting the yoruba king by the Northern masters

Slave mentality

We know all Yoruba kings and there's no record of anyone disrespecting any of them. Those who tried it in Akure had to prostrate and apologize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Effiongdbest: 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I don't know about that, and he is not really a King he is just a leader with a Fake title
He is a leader with fake title but has he been flogged like the one in Akure claiming Eze ndigbo with a fake title??

4 Likes

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:49pm On Mar 24, 2019
Effiongdbest:

He is a leader with fake title but has he been flogged like the one in Akure claiming Eze ndigbo with a fake title??

Eze Ndigbo deserve to be Flog

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Effiongdbest: 10:51pm On Mar 24, 2019
arstot:

How many oba in d west is adopting that...... stop nonsense and mention name if u know any , but remember even the sarkin Yoruba in sokoto is greater than all traditional rulers in the east put together.

But their is emir of Ilorin as we speak where your Oba of Oyo bows down in worship and in total surrender to his will.

5 Likes

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Trexnemesis(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
Guestlander:
There's no king without a territory. Yoruba monarchs in the north are just like the eze igbo in every corner of the world, they are just community leaders, nothing more.

I think.
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Effiongdbest: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Eze Ndigbo deserve to be Flog
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by noisy45(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You are an Illiterate and you are just disgracing yourself because you can't comprehend simple sentence, Go back and read it maybe your brain would be able to pick up this time

Read my comment again Tinubu didn't respect him because he is not politically useful like mc oluomo as a tout
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Boyooosa(m): 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2019
By default, he should know that 90% of Yoruba pple that left to any other place or region would have gone there to double the hustle. So which time person go get to dey respect or appreciate somebody wey no fit help ur hustle.
My advice to him and his colleagues is that if they need any relevance, they should just use their little position to influence the hustle of their people over there, in their humble way. Shikena!
Nobody wey dey face hustle go get time dey go appreciate one person wey no fit EPP for house.
Even the visiting politicians sef get targets and they know where to get it not from una palace.
People wey build una palace don try for una, abeg dey earn una salary on a lowkey wey una dey before dem go slash am again o.

1 Like

Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by sweetjohn(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
yemaldo:

So no Christians in the northern region?
there are Christians but the north see all of them as Muslims and are doing all their best to ensure that. That's why all the unrest in Jos and Benue.
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Westsida: 11:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
[s]
Jayslicky:
How can they be respected when all they do is asslick northerners, they cannot make a firm decision in a situation they only go with the highest bidder, they lack virtes of honesty, integrity and contentment but have vices of hypocrisy, greed and wickedness, who will ever want to associate with such people, they insult whoever is not on their side calling them Igbos even if they are not igbos, I've never seen a tribe so filled with jealousy and hate like them, everything to them is competition.
[/s]

The children of 8 is here again! Hating never stops progress! Get that into it skull!
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by Olugbayi: 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
hisgrace090:
I smell hypocricy.

What is different from this and the eze ndigbo which an oba nearly flogged in public for acting as a king in his land?
There are Eze Ndigbo selling car parts here also with some engine oil in a corner !
Re: Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect by mastar111: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2019
Oga stop ranting. Go and build your own sokoto in Afonja land. One good turn deserves another.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miss Somalia Wins African Beauty Pageant In USA 2013 / Emir Sanusi Visits Patients In The Hospital, Share Gifts To Them(photos) / Nigeria's Pidgin English Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.