Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students (15135 Views)

Anambra University Lecturer Falls In Class, Smashes Laptop To Demonstrate / How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by massmediang: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Some students of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, COOU, formerly Anambra State University, have taken to social media to disclose that one of their lecturers gave them free textbooks for his lecture.

The students who are of the department of mass communication, 200 level, expressed surprise at the action of their lecturer, saying they never believed a lecturer could do such a thing.

Massmediang gathered that the lecturer had noticed that the students did not resume school immediately after the nationwide strike by university lecturers, so he devised a means to get them back to school.

He then sent a message to the whatsapp group of the class telling them that the first set of students to appear in class will get his textbook free of charge. The textbook is actually sold N1,500 in the University bookshop.

In the end, 80 percent of the class got the textbook free. The lecturer told the students that what he gave them was one of his best textbooks but insisted that anyone who failed to come to class with the free textbook will be walked out. Two of the students actually forgot to come to class with theirs for the next lecture after receiving the free gift.

Below are some of the comments the students posted on social media.
https://massmediang.com/anambra-varsity-lecturer-gives-free-textbooks-to-students-to-make-them-attend-lectures/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by fuckerholic(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
As in how ? Dash or what ?
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by hisgrace090: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
fuckerholic:
As in how ? Dash or what ?

No matter how bad it gets, there are still good one's out there.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
I can see good student lecturer relationship. Na so heh suppose be instead of using fear to intimidate students. I advocate that student's rating of their lecturers should be one of the yardstick for promotion

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by CodeTemplar: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hmmm . . . to what end?
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by tstx(m): 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hmmm my man has heard about that kenyan wey win Teacher of the year because he helped poor student...

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web... See mY signature.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
nice one
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
c

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by dingbang(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
cool some people will still fail his course

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Factfinder1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
He'll yoke them and collect his money in another way... This is Nigeria... Igbo man for that matter

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by gideon1971(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hope the students will read d textbook, I never finish reading the books I bought with my money, talk more of free book.... Anyway that's nice of Mr lecturer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by SantiRAMBO: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
g
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by jericco1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
unlike one lecturer that I know that sells handout he photocopied for 200 for 1500
nice one

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by SouthSouth1914: 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
This lecturer heard a guy won $1M USD... He wants his own share.. grin
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by SantiRAMBO: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
This is the kind of lecturer that is after the success of her students unlike 90% of lecturers in a 9ja university that usually boast about how students fail their course.. "If you like play with my course, better go and ask your predecessors. 70% of them failed my course"
Nigeria educational system is bleeped up.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by 01mcfadden(m): 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
Prof. Omueti of AAUA used to give us materials for her courses back then too.
She studied abroad.
There's a probability that this one too must have studied abroad.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
God bless the man and give him grace to so more... He notice this Buhari time affected all man..
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Smartiyke: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nice
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by abbasajao(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
What kind of unpronounceable, very local and detested name of a university is this?

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Olukat(m): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
grin grin grin..how many of una lecturer done do am?
This question was technically ignored grin grin grin grin
The man is watering more seeds in the class o grin grin
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dr. Egbunu who is now late of Kogi State University then gave free textbook from 200 - 400level

4 Likes

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by qanda: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
Download NOUN 100-400L, 700-800L Exam Past Questions and Answers from Q and A App. Install the App from Playstore. Search for Q and A on Playstore and Install the first App from the search result.
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Fisher007: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by iamclime(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
I remember Professor Linus Osuagwu (of LASU Marketing fame), now of AUN, giving us the best students in his course Entrepreneurship Development autographed copies of his textbook in final year 2007. I cherish the book till this day. He also mentored some of us in learning the rudiments of data analysis using SPSS. I'm still earning from that knowledge till now.
There are lecturers who love their profession and the students they teach/mentor.
And there are those who are just frustrated about everything. The latter are more abundant in our tertiary education system. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Rapmaestro(m): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dr Nsa of Unilag comes to mind, good woman, God bless her.. Nice gesture anyways

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by partnerbizz4: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
He must have studied overseas
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by mechanics(m): 11:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Wow, very rare, I can remember one of my lecturer back then in school, he do give areas of concentration and it will surely come out in exams, he was my best lecturer.
Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by TGMISKY(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
In my final year in UNIPORT, one of my lecturers (Prof Adesope) shared a journal to each student to enable us write well in our project. The result; we recorded the highest number of 'A's the Faculty have ever had.

1 Like

Re: Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students by Teejayphillip(m): 12:04am On Mar 26, 2019
Oga sef wan collect $1m just like d teacher in Kenya grin grin grin....

Well,God bless ur pocket sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me / MOUA Umudike Post-Ume Date Announced! / "Sandalilii Sandalili Sandalili Sandalili Am A Doctor Doctor"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.