Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,005 members, 7,799,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (56410 Views)

Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections / Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa Leader Won't Resign, Says Spokesman / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by poshbrave(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2019
the rise and fall of Strasser i only wish similar thing have happened to some of our ex HOS

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by odeebee: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2019
T
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by zoedew: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2019
This is a terrible executive outcome!
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by kaen1317: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
even before opening the thread I knew he can never be Nigerian because here our leaders steal for 10 generations down the line

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by wakes: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
are you kidding?
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by biosilicon: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
MediaNGN:
In 1992 at just age 25, Captain Valentine Strasser had seized power from His former boss President Joseph Momoh and had become Sierra Leone’s Head of State making him the youngest ever in West Africa.

Strasser sat on wealth and many opportunities but he soon allowed his youthful exuberance to be his waterloo .He engaged in high level of profligacy and failed the war against rebel leader Forday Sankoh.

He grew unpopular with accusations of mismanagement and ordering the killing of many of dissenters of his regime. Majority of his soldiers defected to the rebel army after he employed the services of mercenary front Executive Outcomes.

Strasser was ousted in 1996 through a palace coup staged by his deputy Julius Maabo who assumed his position afterwards. Strasser fled to London and attempted studying law at Warwick University on scholarship. He couldn’t feed nor afford decent accommodation.

Hardship, coupled with divorce and constant harassment from a daughter of one of his victims soon forced him to abandon the school.

He was granted amnesty and returned to Sierra Leone where he’s been living with his mum and struggling so hard to make ends meet.

He laments over his joblessness and takes solace in the Palm wine bars.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/from-president-to-pauper-meet-youngest.html

You dont meant it
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by dingbang(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
This is what our politicians fear the most and that is why they will do anything to remain in power

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Imagine complaining about Joblessness useless people, the way they destroy the country and then send themselves or their children abroad is disgusting.
This guy is not different from all the military leaders in Nigeria, nothing upstairs just self hate and greed, no idea about economics because guess what they are not economists

3 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by donprinyo(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
just like bubu. He get luck na just jagaban save am.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by nanakgh(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
At the end of the end of the day it helps to have a sound, working brain.

He could also have gone the other way and made his country a superpower, or at least made some efforts to develop his country like Jerry John Rawlings of Ghana. Well, to each his own.

3 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by nicepeople: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
This is one of those stories I hate reading. How on earth did he allow those beautiful days to escape without achieving any meaningful thing.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by ibietela2(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2019
id911:
If he were to come from Nigeria, he can never ever be poor as Ex-Head of State whether he stole while in power or not. Go and check what this country is paying all past Nigerian leaders monthly or yearly as the case may be including coup plotters that committed treason by subverting the mandate of the people.

Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that pay coup plotters in the name of being Ex-Head of States. Useless country

Why won't they get paid when you are using the constitution they prepared?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Fadomero(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2019
this is what happened when small pikin take power no sense if na naija him go just dey use country money dey flex buy phones carry hoes but las las forget to safe

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by fleeter001: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2019
It comes around, what goes around...Just turn to your Creator and beg forgiveness of the masses you ever wronged. There are two worlds
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by hischoice(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2019
Mums will almost definitely take us back no matter how far astray we've gone.

I can't say the same of dads. Egocentric noisemakers.

"If you don't bring me that cup from the table, I will disown you! Blah blah blah"

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Boyooosa(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2019
Wow. What a great summary of life

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by cooljoe(m): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2019
id911:
If he were to come from Nigeria, he can never ever be poor as Ex-Head of State whether he stole while in power or not. Go and check what this country is paying all past Nigerian leaders monthly or yearly as the case may be including coup plotters that committed treason by subverting the mandate of the people.

Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that pay coup plotters in the name of being Ex-Head of States. Useless country
I never understood y those guys are paid any form of pension outside those they are entitled to as formed members of the military

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Elxandre(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2019
nicepeople:
This is one of those stories I hate reading. How on earth did he allow those beautiful days to escape without achieving any meaningful thing.
This is the most shocking story I've read bro.

I mean he spent 4 good years in that position, and has not a single thing, as a military head of state o.

Village people might just be real.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Kharol1234: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2019
dem follow dis one ooooo frm head of state to palm wine seller......
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by snazzy53(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2019
yuanexchanger:
Life is very unpredictable.
very unpredictable
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by chally100(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2019
God forbid... His village people really did a great job

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by morikee: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2019
Chai dis one strong I mean very strong

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by HolyFuckXXX: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2019
From grace to grass.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by faithfull18(f): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Boyooosa(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2019
Yahaya Bello should learn from this..

1 Share

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by yaks77: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2019
in Nigeria they have looted Soo much that they are now interfering in all aspects of the country religious, ethnicity.knowing these are the two major points of getting the masses enslaved.my major problem is after looting the treasury they move to enslave masses cause problems in the ordinary man's home.there are looters in other countries,but they do not interfer with the common man.i learnt of one of such who said he has acquired so much wealth that his next aim is heaven(meaning his eyes is on an innocent mans home).just cross to coutonu here once u cross from naija see fresh air that will enter ur body.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by HolyFuckXXX: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2019
Elxandre:

This is the most shocking story I've read bro.

I mean he spent 4 good years in that position, and has not a single thing, as a military head of state o.

Village people might just be real.
Everything he had was taken away from him by the law.
Even at that, he could have saved from his military salary but as we all could see, he was flamboyant.

Women, cars and drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by GemstoneJs(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2019
bros you be big fooool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Names On Namibian ID Cards / US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Jacques Hamel Killed In France By ISIS Terrorists Who Slit His Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.