Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,967 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader (56419 Views)

Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections / Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa Leader Won't Resign, Says Spokesman / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Alejoas(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2019
This is deep menh l

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by AngelicBeing: 9:27am On Mar 26, 2019
id911:
If he were to come from Nigeria, he can never ever be poor as Ex-Head of State whether he stole while in power or not. Go and check what this country is paying all past Nigerian leaders monthly or yearly as the case may be including coup plotters that committed treason by subverting the mandate of the people.

Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that pay coup plotters in the name of being Ex-Head of States. Useless country
l concur grin

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Yello1(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2019
Wen bad luck mix with ignorance na so so disaster like this wey dis person dey face oo. Oo God my God i reject this kind destiny even for my enemy oo.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by ibnlawal(m): 9:31am On Mar 26, 2019
Funniest thing is that the guy who led the coup that oust him is now the current elected president of Sierra Leone....The guy was his deputy then and they were allies so he never saw the coup coming
For old time's sake, can't he help him? he practically made him his deputy. He helped his career, he should return the favour

Africa is so f**ked

6 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by SarkinYarki: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2019
poshbrave:
the rise and fall of Strasser i only wish similar thing have happened to some of our ex HOS

I
Nigeria is a crime haven where this can never happen , In Nigeria he will be cleaned up and made a member of the council of State where he is given a mansion in Maitama , two bullet proof jeeps, body guards and a monthly salary of 39 million Naira to flex for life .

8 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by SaintLucia: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2019
id911:
If he were to come from Nigeria, he can never ever be poor as Ex-Head of State whether he stole while in power or not. Go and check what this country is paying all past Nigerian leaders monthly or yearly as the case may be including coup plotters that committed treason by subverting the mandate of the people.

Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that pay coup plotters in the name of being Ex-Head of States. Useless country
If you plan coup and succeeded there is no crime in it but if u plan coup and fail then you should get ready to face the consequences. Most pass European leaders were dictators go and read their history before they adopted democracy. They faced worst situations than us before they arrived at where they are today. No be by magic or why do u think the West recognized people like Idris Debby, Paul Biya, Iyadame Jr, Museveni etc as president of their country?

4 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Whether he was a coup plotter or not,he is part of Sierra Leone's history n they should do right by him.He doesn't deserve the life he is currently leading.I hate small countries.

His story is quite fascinating.Reminds one of that nursery rhyme "Solomon Grundy"...Born on Monday, christianed on Tuesday bla...bla...bla

Do right in what way ? Reward a failed murderous dictator and coup plotter ?
Just look at how you think. Not every nation is as morally bankrupt as Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2019
if this coupist is a Nigerian, he'll be smiling to the bank monthly!......#the shithole is DOOMED!

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by megareal: 9:35am On Mar 26, 2019
Let me laugh a bit. This one is called Hard knock life.

He was never meant to be great. grin

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by tomdon(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Whether he was a coup plotter or not,he is part of Sierra Leone's history n they should do right by him.He doesn't deserve the life he is currently leading.I hate small countries.

His story is quite fascinating.Reminds one of that nursery rhyme "Solomon Grundy"...Born on Monday, christianed on Tuesday bla...bla...bla

Do you mean he doesn't deserve the life he's currently living or he doesn't deserve to be alive!!!

Did you read that he ordered the killing of many of dissenters of his regime??
He should be either imprisoned in a hell like prison or hanged. He deserves no mercy.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2019
Tell him to come over here and join APC

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by crunchyg: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2019
mysticgal:
problem I have with people who touch money is that they forget about the future...money has wings you know
Please when does becoming head of state become touching money, do you thing their government is all about money the way it is here in Nigeria where people loot up and down?

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Psoul(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2019
It's like they don't sell otapiapia (Sniper) in that country.

Let him buy one and end this kind of life of shame biko

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by XTHRONE(m): 9:44am On Mar 26, 2019
Many Mistakes we make as youth.He that thinks he stands, take heed less he fall.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by 01mcfadden(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2019
mysticgal:
problem I have with people who touch money is that they forget about the future...money has wings you know
Bill Gate's money continues to fly higher
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Conceptman: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
life na general market, one second landlord fit become tenant(victorAD) , easy with life.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by XTHRONE(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
yuanexchanger:
Life is very unpredictable.

Very very unpredictable.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by XTHRONE(m): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2019
hischoice:
Mums will almost definitely take us back no matter how far astrayed we've gone.

I can't say the same of dads. Egocentric noisemakers.

"If you don't bring me that cup from the table, I will disown you, blah blah blah"

God wanted to be everywhere, he created mothers. Jewish proverb
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by freemi(m): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2019
The crime this 1 committed is that he's not from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by XTHRONE(m): 9:51am On Mar 26, 2019
kaen1317:
even before opening the thread I knew he can never be Nigerian because here our leaders steal for 10 generations down the line

Or one government will just compensate him with a juicy position and life goes on. No country like Naija.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by madridsta007(m): 9:53am On Mar 26, 2019
id911:

LOL.

Nigerians will vote in coup-plotters and Professors and so-called "Intellectuals" will argue that it is the democratic and integrity-inclined thing to do.
This fellow was unlucky to be born in Sierra Leone.

3 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by millionboi2: 9:54am On Mar 26, 2019
helinues:
Power, money and fame are not for weak ones...

Learning biggerly
hmmmm
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Born2Breed(f): 9:56am On Mar 26, 2019
His undoing was his refusal to handover to a democratically elected civilian and Bio his former deputy now civilian president is enjoying that singular act today.

Abdulsalam Abubakar and Obasanjo are still respected world wide because of that act, the likes of IBB can't stand where the likes of OBJ and Abdulsalam are standing internationally.

The lesson here is don't get too greedy. That Gambia guy wetin be him name again who is now a refugee in Equatorial Guinea came to power at a very young age too but was also greedy.

5 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by hinograce: 10:01am On Mar 26, 2019
He will be currently 52 years old he still has strength. Let him do legbuke. If u know u know
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by Brightest04(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2019
What a pity!! All this while I have been wondering what have become of the guy.
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by foreshore(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2019
MediaNGN:
In 1992 at just age 25, Captain Valentine Strasser had seized power from His former boss President Joseph Momoh and had become Sierra Leone’s Head of State making him the youngest ever in West Africa.

Strasser sat on wealth and many opportunities but he soon allowed his youthful exuberance to be his waterloo .He engaged in high level of profligacy and failed the war against rebel leader Forday Sankoh.

He grew unpopular with accusations of mismanagement and ordering the killing of many of dissenters of his regime. Majority of his soldiers defected to the rebel army after he employed the services of mercenary front Executive Outcomes.

Strasser was ousted in 1996 through a palace coup staged by his deputy Julius Maabo who assumed his position afterwards. Strasser fled to London and attempted studying law at Warwick University on scholarship. He couldn’t feed nor afford decent accommodation.

Hardship, coupled with divorce and constant harassment from a daughter of one of his victims soon forced him to abandon the school.

He was granted amnesty and returned to Sierra Leone where he’s been living with his mum and struggling so hard to make ends meet.

He laments over his joblessness and takes solace in the Palm wine bars.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/from-president-to-pauper-meet-youngest.html

What a life
Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by grandstar(m): 10:24am On Mar 26, 2019
MediaNGN:
In 1992 at just age 25, Captain Valentine Strasser had seized power from His former boss President Joseph Momoh and had become Sierra Leone’s Head of State making him the youngest ever in West Africa.

Strasser sat on wealth and many opportunities but he soon allowed his youthful exuberance to be his waterloo .He engaged in high level of profligacy and failed the war against rebel leader Forday Sankoh.

He grew unpopular with accusations of mismanagement and ordering the killing of many of dissenters of his regime. Majority of his soldiers defected to the rebel army after he employed the services of mercenary front Executive Outcomes.

Strasser was ousted in 1996 through a palace coup staged by his deputy Julius Maabo who assumed his position afterwards. Strasser fled to London and attempted studying law at Warwick University on scholarship. He couldn’t feed nor afford decent accommodation.

Hardship, coupled with divorce and constant harassment from a daughter of one of his victims soon forced him to abandon the school.

He was granted amnesty and returned to Sierra Leone where he’s been living with his mum and struggling so hard to make ends meet.

He laments over his joblessness and takes solace in the Palm wine bars.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/from-president-to-pauper-meet-youngest.html

I remember him then. Never knew he was this clueless and reckless.

If he was crooked, he could have stashed like $20m abroad considering Sierra Leone has lots of high priced diamonds. It was these diamonds that Charles Taylor covered so much that he plunged both Liberia and Sierra Leone into long civil wars

Imagine Strasser toasting a white babe., "I was once the president of my country"

Lady: You're so funny. That's a lie you tell all your other girls. I'm no dumb blonde.

Strasser: it's true. I can show you proof online. Oh shit. I don't have smartphone.

Lady: Don't worry Stras, I love you just as you are

Strasser: I'm serious! I'm not lying!

Lady: You on any sort of medication? Prozac? Zoloft?

Strasser: I'm telling the truth. Why don't you believe me! I'm loosing my mind!

Lady: Just like I've suspected! Who's your shrink? He needs to know right away you're off your meds. You still living with your mum at your age is the problem and it's taken it's toll on you. Poor thing!

Strasser: I'm not on drugs you hear! I'm not on drugs! I'm saying the truth! Please believe.me. Why won't you believe me ?

Lady: Of course I believe you've stopped taking your meds. That's why we are going to see a shrink.

Strasser: I'm done fighting. You win.

3 Likes

Re: Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader by sweetTai(m): 10:39am On Mar 26, 2019
grandstar:

I remember him then. Never knew he was this clueless and reckless.

If he was crooked, he could have stashed like $20m abroad considering Sierra Leone has lots of high priced diamonds. It was these diamonds that Charles Taylor covered so much that he plunged both Liberia and Sierra Leone into long civil wars

Imagine Strasser toasting a white babe., "I was once the president of my country"

Lady: You're so funny. That's a lie you tell all your other girls. I'm no dumb blonde.

Strasser: it's true. I can show you proof online. Oh shit. I don't have smartphone.

Lady: Don't worry Stras, I love you just as you are

Strasser: I'm serious! I'm not lying!

Lady: You on any sort of medication? Prozac? Zoloft?

Strasser: I'm telling the truth. Why don't you believe me! I'm loosing my mind!

Lady: Just like I've suspected! Who's your shrink? He needs to know right away you're off your meds. You still living with your mum at your age is the problem and it's taken it's toll on you. Poor thing!

Strasser: I'm not on drugs you hear! I'm not on drugs! I'm saying the truth! Please believe.me. Why won't you believe me ?

Lady: Of course I believe you've stopped taking your meds. That's why we are going to see a shrink.

Strasser: I'm done fighting. You win.

WTF is this Not even funny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Names On Namibian ID Cards / US President Vs UK Prime Minister’s Motorcade (photo) / Jacques Hamel Killed In France By ISIS Terrorists Who Slit His Throat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.