Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? (1088 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by hesilo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2019
Please i need help...i want to buy a new car and the car currently has a manual transmission gear, would want to know if there is a downside relationship between manual transmission and the car AC.

Like would it make the car AC stop functioning earlier than required?
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by nosiebaba(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
No sir it doesn't. But the cars engine needs to be powerful enough to cater for the car's transmission and air conditioner compressors need.

1 Like

Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
nosiebaba:
No sir it doesn't. But the cars engine needs to be powerful enough to cater for the car's transmission and air conditioner compressors need.

If it is a standard manufacturer installation, it should have no effect.........
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by Lexusgs430: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
hesilo:
Please i need help...i want to buy a new car and the car currently has a manual transmission gear, would want to know if there is a downside relationship between manual transmission and the car AC.

Like would it make the car AC stop functioning earlier than required?

My question to you is why you want to buy a manual tranny.......

If you intend to resale it, you would struggle........
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by nosiebaba(m): 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If it is a standard manufacturer installation, it should have no effect.........
Yea but most tokumbo cars have about 150000 km on their engine which is enough time to reduce the compression power of an engine and a very little bit of torque also.
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by Lexusgs430: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
nosiebaba:

Yea but most tokumbo cars have about 150000 km on their engine which is enough time to reduce the compression power of an engine and a very little bit of torque also.

Standard wear and tear........ Parts replacement and if well looked after, should not be an issue......
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2019
The simple answer is NO
Re: Does Manual Transmission Have Any Effect On The Car's AC? by hesilo(m): 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:

My question to you is why you want to buy a manual tranny.......

If you intend to resale it, you would struggle........

I won't be reselling it anytime soon.Even when i decide to, it should worth What ever price i would place on it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inaccurate Fuel Guage Display / Delay In Changing Gear Aftrr Changing Throttle Body / Why Is A Registered 2003-2006 Toyota Corrolla Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.