Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? (1380 Views)

Nnadi Chimaobi Michael Builds A Drone In Enugu (Photo, Video) / Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by queiii: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hey everyone, I just placed an order for a particular 'cheap' drone I found on Aliexpress, and will like to know from the experts what requirements I must obtain to fly one here.

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
It's a toy quadcopter between I don't think those laws of acquiring a licence before flying a drone works here

1 Like

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by matrixme(m): 10:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
There is a recent law against drones usage in public places in Nigeria. Google for more info
I'm sure the enforcement isn't serious if you're not around military facilities and airports, so be guided appropriately
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/26/fg-bans-unauthorised-use-of-drones-broadcast-equipment/?amp

1 Like

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by queiii: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
grayht:
It's a toy quadcopter between I don't think those laws of acquiring a licence before flying a drone works here

Thx for the reply.

But Toy that actually shoots video as seen in the review? Hm
Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by queiii: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
matrixme:
There is a recent law against drones usage in public places in Nigeria. Google for more info
I'm sure the enforcement isn't serious if you're not around military facilities and airports, so be guided appropriately
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/26/fg-bans-unauthorised-use-of-drones-broadcast-equipment/?amp

Your response is appreciated
Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
queiii:

Thx for the reply.

Videos are crappy usually wobbly during mid air flight.. They are not usable for cinematography as the drone doesn't have gimbal "2 axis / 3 axis". Depends on what u need the videos for, then it's ok. If u flying for fun then u good to go also note that this drone doesn't support satellite positioning as they use GPS for flight calibration.

1 Like

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by Trike: 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
queiii:

Thx for the reply.

Enjoy your Drone, but try to eventually get a Phantom 4 Pro. I used to use the standard Phantom for videos when camping outdoors in the wild. The standout improvement I enjoy is the Phantom Pro’s camera. It also uses all-new hardware with a 1-inch image sensor — which is four times the size as what’s used in the original Phantom 4. On top of that, the camera can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second, and still images at up to 20 megapixels.
aperture control and a mechanical shutter. No matter how you look at it, the P4’s new camera is bigger, better, and more customizable than ever.

1 Like

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by queiii: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
grayht:

Videos are crappy usually wobbly during mid air flight.. They are not usable for cinematography as the drone doesn't have gimbal "2 axis / 3 axis". Depends on what u need the videos for, then it's ok. If u flying for fun then u good to go also note that this drone doesn't support satellite positioning as they use GPS for flight calibration.

meh, thx mate, you saved a brother. would've wasted money on nonsense that shoots 480p
Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by queiii: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
Trike:
Enjoy your Drone, but try to eventually get a Phantom 4 Pro. I used to use the standard Phantom for videos when camping outdoors in the wild. The standout improvement I enjoy is the Phantom Pro’s camera. It also uses all-new hardware with a 1-inch image sensor — which is four times the size as what’s used in the original Phantom 4. On top of that, the camera can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second, and still images at up to 20 megapixels.
aperture control and a mechanical shutter. No matter how you look at it, the P4’s new camera is bigger, better, and more customizable than ever.

good one, mate, but i didn't buy it. how much does the phantom go for?
Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by Trike: 1:02am On Apr 15, 2019
queiii:

good one, mate, but i didn't buy it. how much does the phantom go for?
I bought one from JHB South Africa for R17,000

1 Like

Re: What To Know Before Purchasing A Drone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
queiii:

meh, thx mate, you saved a brother. would've wasted money on nonsense that shoots 480p
lol..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3g \ Evdo Free Internet Browsing / Y Go To Cafe,when U Can Browse Free At Home. / Nigerian Man Generates Electricity From Potatoes(photos+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.