Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q (17895 Views)

Exciting Features Of The Smart 7 Plus And Smart 7 HD You Can't Miss / Which Type Of Android Phone Can I Get On A 15K Budget / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Jacktheripper: 6:40am On Mar 25, 2019

1) Native Screen Recorder
:

We have always wanted a native screen recorder in Android for a long time now and it’s finally here with the Android Q. Now, the native screen recorder is not enabled by default, instead you have to go to the developer options then go to the feature flags and enable it.

Once you’ve done that, you can open up the power menu and long press on the screenshot button which will bring up this weird-looking screen recorder menu where you can enable mic sound recording, short apps and start the screen recorder. There’s no option to record internal audio on any of the features but this seems like a feature that’s still in the very early stages because while it worked fine on a Pixel 2, things aren’t the same with the pixel 3XL.

On the pixel 3XL when you try to stop, pause or cancel the screen recording it would just not do it, instead, the screen recorder just goes on with the recording. This will surely be fixed with future Android Q updates.

2) Share WiFi Networks:

Android Q brings a couple of handy options in the Wi-Fi menu, first of all, you can now share a Wi-Fi network via a QR code. All you need to do is go to Wi-Fi settings and tap on the network you’re connected, there’s the new share option there which shows you the QR code which others can scan to join the network.

Now, there’s this QR scanner icon in the network option which lets you connect to Wi-Fi networks by scanning your codes, it’s a nice addition. Apart from this, Android Q now uses randomized MAC addresses by default instead of the optional setting in Android Pie.

3) Theming

Android Q now brings one of the most highly requested features from users. I’m talking about theming. The theming options are currently available in developer options and you get three theming options.

The first option is the ability to change accent colour, you can choose between the device default of black, green and purple. These accent colours reflect across the system in the settings, quick settings and other menus.

The second option is the font option which includes a new font now and it’s pretty bad but we should see more options with Android Q updates.

Lastly, there’s the icon shape option which has obviously been here for quite some time. The theming options in Android Q aren’t very extensive as you would like but it’s a start and it should definitely get better.

4) Better Security And Privacy.

A lot of Android apps are infamous for taking up unnecessary permissions and running in the background. The Android Q brings changes that should fix decisions.

The biggest change here is how Android handles location access, there’s a dedicated location option in the settings page now and unlike before, you can now decide whether you want an app to have access to your location all the time or only when the app is open,

So no more background location access for apps that you don’t trust. Also, I like how the location page has sections to show you absolute apps access only when open and apps that you have denied location access. Apart from that, Android Q also limits access to photos, videos and other files to third-party apps.

Not only that, but Android Q will also prevent apps from launching any activity while in the background which is definitely great.

Read More: https://www.techvenge.net/2019/03/android-q-exciting-features.html

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by solarview(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2019
Now Android Q... Before it gets to Android Z at least Nigeria will start producing their own phones. cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by investigator007: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
wow,this android version go really make sense.i just wish the next TECNO phantom will come with the android Q

2 Likes

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by investigator007: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
lol grin, we pray so
solarview:
Now Android Q... Before it gets to Android Z at least Nigeria will start producing their own phones. cool

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by PurestBoy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
I've not even used Pie and now Q is out.

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
investigator007:
wow,this android version go really make sense.i just wish the next TECNO phantom will come with the android Q
Phantom gini
When last did Tecno release a phantom device
Keep on wishing...

9 Likes

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Chese: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ahhhhh
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by oluwapoju(m): 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
I can share wifi on my xioami note 4 , so nothing special

9 Likes

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by whatmoreng: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
Even my humble Blackview A7 running android 7 can record screen.
It even have some of these other features already.

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by boujeeassnigga(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
EVERYTHING THERE IS LONG OVER DUE

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by pastoray(m): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
solarview:

2 Shares

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by NotBeenPaid: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2019

Xiaomi users already enjoying this features since 2years now.

9 Likes

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by OlujobaSamuel: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Is it out already? When can I get it on my Nokia 8 (currently running on pie). I can't buy a new phone because of one small change and I no wan wait till when Nsukkabread go dey force everyone buy new phone as the days of symbian, blackberry and the likes

2 Likes

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
Android 7.0 has screen recorder grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Mowoe(m): 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
I hope it won't be as overrated as Android P? Cos the only cool feature I see on the Android P is the Gesture thingy!
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by ignis: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
grayht:

Oga it's your phone feature and not 7.0 feature

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by jarvis4: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
I go use launcher wey get all these features
So I am not interested
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by ekaette1621: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
I hate Chinese phones.
So if you are using one, HIDE YOUR FACE tongue
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
When I just upgrade go Pie? Make we enjoy Pie small abeg.
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Mac2016(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
investigator007:
lol grin, we pray so
grin
.. At the same time. This is not funny grin
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by twilliamx(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
H
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Mac2016(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
grayht:

What does screen recorder do?
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by udemzyudex(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
oluwapoju:
I can share wifi on my xioami note 4 , so nothing special

Lol I can share hot-spot and even cap the data I want to share.
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by debque(m): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
my Gionee has screen record na....so??

1 Like

Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Jaytecq(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nice
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by dingbang(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
grayht:

which phone you using?
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by dingbang(m): 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
udemzyudex:

Lol I can share hot-spot and even cap the data I want to share.
wow.. What phone are you using?
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Garshyzee(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
Where cN i purchase new xaomi phones in nigeria?
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by Sluvist(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Those features are not enough to move me from the PIE i enjoyed, they need to add more reasonable features.
Re: Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q by abumeinben(m): 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
I don't understand. All these features are available in Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus MIUI v10.2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itel Surprises Longtime Customers With Car Rewards / Mtn's 125% And 150%Recharge Bonus Is Fake. Try It At Your Own Risk / Mtn New Number (0810)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.