Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region (14274 Views)

Underdevelopment In Africa: Use Your Brain Now Or Perish - Melie Onyejepu / Governor Ikpeazu Blames Nnamdi Kanu For Underdevelopment In Abia State / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Binikingdowm: 10:12am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:
What did Oshiomhole do with the huge amount he was receiving from the fed govt?
the money river state receives a year is 5 times bigger than Edo state own

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
The politicians over there are selfish

The politicians from your region aren't greedy, is your region more developed than Niger Delta?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2019
You just love to fight shadows
Read again , one word at a time

Acidosis:

Lies. North central is the most underdeveloped region, and the least funded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:
Instead of the vermins in the south south and east to hold their leader accountable, they will keep having nightmares over Tinubu. Keep electing PDP and expect development in your region. Clowns

You're more daftt than I thought. Outside Lagos state, which was developed by Federal Government as the then Federal Capital, what has other Western States achieved?

All your states has mud houses in there capital, please tell us other region in the South such is obtainable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Ilovemystate: 10:18am On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:
Instead of the vermins in the south south and east to hold their leader accountable, they will keep having nightmares over Tinubu. Keep electing PDP and expect development in your region. Clowns
Southeast and Southsouth are far developed than your t region, remove Lagos from west which all tribes contributed, West is most backward region in Southern region

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by murphyibiam15(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2019
toolovely:

thats because of the allocation from the federal govt but those funds does not translate to physical infrastructural development in the state. Rivers state is just like every other state that are receiving lesser allocation
you're right anyway
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by murphyibiam15(m): 10:21am On Mar 25, 2019
Lexicon123:
I think the bigger issue is with the leaders than it is that of outsiders. The leaders should consciously make use of funds at their disposal for infrastructural developments; they should improve accountability. I was highly disappointed when I first set my foot in Port Harcourt. Heightened crime rate is apparently also responsible for this.
Rivers is the most insecure state... imagine how wonderful pH would be without insecurity when oil firms will be there

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by gabicon: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2019
I believe as a people we need to develop a unit measurement of success, it would be unfair to say a governor or president didn't do anything during his tenure in office, in plain terms what we really mean is that the president or governor didn't do enough to meet our expectation. But how do we measure enough? it starts with the peoples agender measured with short-term, midterm, and long-term goals. imagine if we have a peoples mandate that states that the present government resurfaces all major roads of a state in 2 years. As for the niger-delta what is required there is visionary leadership, I don't see any reason why we don't have an inter south-south rail network to foster trade in the region.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by PapaBaby: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2019
Binikingdowm:
the money river state receives a year is 5 times bigger than Edo state own
I agree with that but you'd agree Edo state still gets sizeable income from the fed govt.
Compare the population of Edo and that of of Ogun or Anambra and you'd see Oshiomhole wasn't prudent at all.
He did great in his first term and used 2nd term to marry and become a political godfather. Did zilch in his 2nd term.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by tiredoflife(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:

How do u hold a leader accountable
When u lots talk like this
Its clear u don't understand the constitution or u are only acting like u do
U give leaders a blank cheque with immunity clause wrapped around their wrist
And hope they don't spend it all
U mention tinubu
Lagos case is different
No matter how much they steal
It won't show
Tinubu makes an average of 3billion naira from Lagos state IGR
Through alpha and beta

Besides the south south is not the most funded
The north is
We have 6 states in the south south
The north has how many states
How many local governments
This obaseki is only speaking half truths

When we are ready
We will either use a civil war to change this useless constitution or a military coup
U yorubas can keep laughing at us
Yet tomorrow u will claim u love us
Time will tell
Just know that the Yoruba is a common enemy now
And I pity u if something goes wrong
wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Binikingdowm: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:

I agree with that but you'd agree Edo state still gets sizeable money income from the fed govt.
Compared the population of Edo and that of of Ogun or Anambra and you'd see Oshiomhole wasn't prudent at all.
He did great in his first term and used 2nd term to become a godfather. Did zilch in his 2nd term.
I created a topic about that this morning https://www.nairaland.com/5097289/oshiohmole-8-years-governor-waste

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

You're more daftt than I thought. Outside Lagos state, which was developed by Federal Government as the then Federal Capital, what has other Western States achieved?

All your states has mud houses in there capital, please tell us other region in the South such is obtainable.

We built Lagos with our sweat not federal government. Ogun, oyo and Ondo are far ahead of the south south and east

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by PapaBaby: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2019
tiredoflife:

U mention tinubu
Lagos case is different
It won't show
Through alpha and beta

The north is

When we are ready
We will either use a civil war to change this useless constitution or a military coup
Time will tell
wink
They won't see Tinubu's thievery but would notice Ibori.
Ibori is a hero in Ogharra just like Tinubu is in Lagos. The only difference is Tinubu continues to eat Lagos die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by DarkJeddi(m): 10:30am On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:

If rivers economy was bad it wouldn't still be the 2nd richest state in Nigeria. The state is currently battling Political instability.
Having a huge revenue isn't exactly the best Guage of a well performing economy..

If the said revenue is not being utilized for the betterment of the citizens..

Where exactly is Rivers State in the Standard of living index?

A state like Anambra earns far less than Rivers but has far less percentage of its citizens under the Poverty line..

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2019
tiredoflife:

U mention tinubu
Lagos case is different
It won't show
Through alpha and beta

The north is

When we are ready
Time will tell
wink

LOL. Nobody would be happier for everyone to go their separate ways than me; I'm tired of the rest of you Nigerians, and its clear this contraption cannot work. Let SS / SE face themselves, let the North face themselves, and let the SW face themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 10:37am On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:

We built Lagos with our sweat not federal government. Ogun, oyo and Ondo are far ahead of the south south and east

All the infrastructures I'm going to mention now were built by Federal Government, I challenge you to disclaim any them.

Airport
Seaport
Bridges
Roads
Rails
All Ministry headquarters
Lagos state government house

Please which one did your state government build?

Secondly, I will challenge you to travel outside Lagos, go to the East or South, you will never mention states with mud houses in their capital as progressive.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Indispensable85(m): 10:44am On Mar 25, 2019
Niger delta states governors are the greatest criminals on earth. The region is in mess with all the monies they've received nothing to show for it. The hungry masses will gather here with empty stomachs to argue over these thieves!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2019
Ejimagift:
Don't say "keep electing PDP" rather say "keep electing bad leaders" because we have them across party lines just like we have manageable ones too.Don't commit the same crime like the ones you accused by embracing anything that APC churns out too in the name of a leader.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:
What did Oshiomhole do with the huge amount he was receiving from the fed govt?
He used it to buikd a private university in his hometown edo university iyamoh. I can't wait for PDP to take over Edo in the next Guber election, if only they could produce a veritable candidate. If they act out of greed like what happened in Ogun state , they may not get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by AnanseK(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Very true, bayelsa, delta and river state comes to mind.

It's only Edo and akwa ibom trying.

Southerners should sit up, by 2030 we'll start deporting those Muslims northerners

The selfishness greed and irresponsibility of your criminal leaders has nothing to do Muslims. You may gain more by deporting your leaders.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Binikingdowm: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2019
luckymaj:
Don't say "keep electing PDP" rather say "keep electing bad leaders" because we have them across party lines just like we have manageable ones too.Don't commit the same crime like the ones you accused by embracing anything that APC churns out too in the name of a leader.
thank you
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:
Akwaibom, Rivers and Edo state are trying. The rest.....
Edo is the only one trying, the other governors are thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Binikingdowm: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2019
fairfora:
He used it to buikd a private university in his hometown edo university iyamoh. I can't wait for PDP to take over Edo in the next Guber election, if only they could produce a veritable candidate. If they act out of greed like what happened in Ogun state , they may not get it
are you from edo state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by AnanseK(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Typical. They will defend their criminal leadership
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 25, 2019
Binikingdowm:
are you from edo state?
ypu don't have to live in Lagos to know what's happening there. It's 2019, oh boy.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2019
AnanseK:

Typical. They will defend their criminal leadership

While you hails Tinubu, Oluomo, Bode George and elected the most wanted drug lord, Kashanu.

You can only win illiterates.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 11:01am On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Edo is the only one trying, the other governors are thieves.

Which Edo? Can you Compare Edo to Rivers, Akwa Ibom or Calabar? Eeeh!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Westsida: 11:02am On Mar 25, 2019
He said part of the challenges faced by the South-south is defining well-articulated and implementable development agenda, adding, “A lot has been done in the region over the years but they have not translated to meaningful development to benefit our people, as the region remains one of the least developed in the country when you review what we earn as a region.”

The Children of hate & sadness won’t see this to work on. Their main focus is to keep displaying nonsense around the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by ayo84(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2019
Let Meteorea Technology be your business coach

Do you want to start a business?
Do you want an online business?
Do you want an offline business?
Do you know your passions?
Is your business in need of a change?
Do you just not know where to start?
Are you wanting to change business?
Do you love your business?
What is your business need?
Are you stuck somewhere?
Are your objectives moving in the right direction?
Do you need to boost your sales?
Do you need business tips?
Do you need direction and a plan to get you started?

As a business coach we will help you build a thriving, successful business .Our daily series on whatsapp where we spend 1-2 hours giving you marketing strategies and growth hacks that will assist you in building a strong business, a powerful income producing business,we would coach you on new and emerging business opportunities around your existing business or also suggest new business trends you can embark upon. This is a monthly based coaching session on whatsapp, and you are expected to pay for a month or for a year.

As a business owner you have what it takes to excel. You need someone that provides you with quality advice, direction, influence, and inspiration to achieve your BEST. We will dedicate our time to you in ways no one ever has.

We will help you define opportunities for your business and review areas to potentially increase revenues.We are your Solution. We would help you even if you are just starting up a business. We will guide you to establish a solid plan which will enable you to define your internal processes and procedures, design operational methods, create marketing campaigns and build your sales program, just to name a few.

The best part, We will be the support you need and be a sounding board for your ideas and most important, be your own personal business advisor.

The crux of why businesses fail is due to low patronage and sales.

Are there proprietary free marketing strategies you can use to promote your business without spending money on conventional advertising like newspaper, radio, facebook adverts and posters. Even paid conventional marketing strategies are not working like before. Conventional Marketing Methods are not Working like before.There is a high proliferation of the same business models. Customers are becoming more sophisticated and busy and they seem so uninterested as they are bombarded everyday with so many conventional marketing advert Impressions on radio,tv, flyers , bulk sms and even on the internet , so you need to try
out a new strategy to Increase exposure to your business.

My business coaching also involves training where i would show you creative free strategies to advertise your business without spending a dime plus also show you creative strategies to spend less and get you customers.

We will also show you :
How to create your own videos to advertise your products. How to design your image adverts without hiring a graphic designer .How to write your advert content without hiring a writer and free advertisement channels you can explore.

Even of you want to hire people and delegate work to them,we will show you cheap and effective platforms or people who you can delegate work to at very affordable costs.

Looking forward in helping you move mountains!

The consultancy is done in a remote manner via a third-party service. We will add all our customers to a whatsapp group to make a minimum of 100 participants.It is going to be a monthly training fee schedule, it is even cheaper than hiring a sales girl or sales person.This business coaching is done by me and my team.

We are looking for 100 dedicated business owners to pay N10,000 monthly for unlimited business coaching.

Meteora Technology

www.facebook.com/meteoratech

www.instagram.com/meteoratec
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by OAUTemitayo: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

All the infrastructures I'm going to mention now were built by Federal Government, I challenge you to disclaim any them.

Airport
Seaport
Bridges
Roads
Rails

Secondly, I will challenge you to travel outside Lagos, go to the East or South, you will never mention states with mud houses in their capital as progressive.
Lagos seaport was built by the British during colonial era from taxes collected from the Yoruba people there.

Lagos airport was built by the British during colonial era

Most parts of Lagos state were under Western region and then Lagos state... FCT was only three local governments..

Ikeja was western region. It was never FCT
Epe same
Oshodi same
Agege same and almost all parts of Lagos.
Most schools, roads and public infrastructures in Lagos were built by either western region or Lagos state government not FCT.
Awolowo built Ikeja industrial estates and almost most of the industrial estates in Lagos.

Apart from third mainland bridge, few projects of worth were built constructed by FG.

Don't be a stark illiterate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Westsida: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2019
[s]
kernel001:

Airport
Seaport
Bridges
Roads
Rails

[/s]

Even theyre trying to identify the problems that are kissing your ass in ur region, all you could still do is talk about Lagos. Are we to feed your region to get better? You guys claimed you got a lot and can do a lot and can develop a lot, simply go & get it started & stop asking useless questions on the forum.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Westsida: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Lagos seaport was built by the British during colonial era from taxes collected from the Yoruba people there.

Lagos airport was built by the British during colonial era

Most parts of Lagos state were under Western region and then Lagos state... FCT was only three local governments..

Ikeja was western region. It was never FCT
Epe same
Oshodi same
Agege same and almost all parts of Lagos.
Most schools, roads and public infrastructures in Lagos were built by either western region or Lagos state government not FCT.
Awolowo built Ikeja industrial estates and almost most of the industrial estates in Lagos.

Apart from third mainland bridge, few projects of worth were built constructed by FG.

Don't be a stark illiterate.

The dead beat flatinoz are always wanking on fake news & false information.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Stops FG From Taking Control Of Lagos Airport / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / IGP Egbetokun Commissions Police Complaints Response Unit In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.