Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? (665 Views)

What Rishi Sunak's Emergence As UK Prime Minister Should Teach Nigerians / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Atiku’s Challenge To Buhari. Will Buhari Come Or Run? (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by Newsbreakers: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
Which Minister Should Return with Buhari Come June?

The days of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet ministers are numbered. For me, the return of some of them to their seats come June would amount to a disservice to Nigerians. But I won’t name names. Here though I wonder who among them would leave behind what Nigerians would remember them by. Yet, I don’t expect too much because, as I tell myself, even cabinet ministers are human after all. This disposition makes me imagine that I’m rather permissive, eager in fact to justify the other person’s shortcomings, easily dismissing what some may want to hold as flaws on the part of others. So, I don’t see public officials as miracle workers. For they don’t know all the answers, and they don’t have answers to every problem.

This is the reason I clap when any public official does one thing, only one thing, that makes a difference. Sometimes, some assess such an act on the part of a public official and say it amounts to nothing. But I see it differently. The little anyone does and for which he leaves a mark is something. Why? Many occupy the same office and do nothing worth remembering. I’ve clapped for not a few people on this page in the past. It’s because they do just that one thing that leaves a huge impression on me. Note that we read people differently, and different things impress us.

Read more at; https://newsbreakers.ng/which-minister-should-return-with-buhari-come-june/

As INEC Conducts Supplementary Elections in Five States

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will this Saturday conduct supplementary elections in five states of the federation. The states include Sokoto, Adamawa, Benue, Kano and Plateau states. That of Bauchi State has been cancelled. The elections come after governorship elections results in 22 of the 29 states’ in the March 9 elections were released. According to INEC, the results in the five states were inconclusive, owing mainly to either the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) or the All Progressives Congress (APC) leading with margins considered to be below cancelled figures from troubled areas.

INEC had, in a statement by its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Mr. Festus Okoye, said after a meeting of the senior management team of the electoral body, that the supplementary elections would hold March 23. He said that elections would also hold in polling units in all states where state Houses of Assembly polls were declared inconclusive and winners could not be declared. The result of the seventh state, Rivers, has not been released at all. With the elections scheduled in the five states this Saturday, both PDP and APC have been talking tough, laying claims to victories or expected victories in the elections.
Read more at; https://newsbreakers.ng/as-inec-conducts-supplementary-elections-in-five-states/

In Search of Autonomy for Government-owned Universities

In a shambles, Nigeria’s universities groan as they grapple with the federal and state governments’ stranglehold on their administration. If the authorities concerned will embrace university autonomy, writes Head Education Desk, IYABO LAWAL the public university system may flourish again.

In an address on his first day as the leader of his country in 1939, Sir Robert Menzies, the former prime minister of Australia – who is credited to be the father of university education and reform in Australia, asked: “What are we to look for in a true university? What causes should it serve?” Though he provided clues, successive Nigerian governments still find the answer elusive as they continue to ignore the benefits of university autonomy
Read more at; https://newsbreakers.ng/in-search-of-autonomy-for-government-owned-universities/

Do Politicians Feel Our Pain?

She is an avid follower of my written opinions. My treatises on theology and ecclesiology make her skip for joy. Liberally, she scribbles uplifting comments on my inspirational and motivational writings. But, she hates my debates on Nigerian politics. And then one day with a phone call, Doyin drew the dagger.

“Boda mi, pastor niyin ooo. E jowo, e ma ko nipa politics mo. E fi politics s’ile”. My sister called to remind me that I am a pastor; and I must not write on politics. I didn’t have to ask her why she feels uncomfortable about political discussions. In Doyin’s subconscious, writing on politics makes you a politician. To her, it means you have become one of them who kill, steal, and destroy. It means you have become a liar, a manipulator, a pursuer of funny money in stashes, and a chaser of heisted silver and gold in batches. It was difficult to convince Doyin that I have not become a man who can kill a friend for a political position and slaughter a family member for sacrifices to the many gods of Nigerian politics to get power. I don’t know how she will feel if I tell her that I have not received one dollar from anyone for writing what I write, and that I do it pro bono publico until I pick up a replacement chore.
Read more at; https://newsbreakers.ng/do-politicians-feel-our-pain/

2019 Election and Judicial Activism

The famous French political philosopher, Alexis Tocqueville, in his classic: Democracy in America, wisely observes that in the United States no sooner does a political controversy arise than it transforms into a legal dispute.

In that disputatious society, the law court is an extension of the public square. Now that the US model of constitutional democracy has traveled across the world and reached Nigeria, we are in the Tocquevillian world where the hooded sages will be asked to determine the most important question of political Nigeria: who should govern?

It is official. Vice President Atiku Abubakar has filed a petition at the Presidential Election Tribunal, seeking to nullify the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) declaration of President Buhari as elected for another four years tenure.
Read more at; https://newsbreakers.ng/2019-election-and-judicial-activism/
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
But them say na Atiku win the election nah
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by BIGGIE121(m): 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
But them say na Atiku win the election nah
in his dreams
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by BIGGIE121(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
None of them should return
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by successking401(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
hmmn!
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by sholatech(m): 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2019
Fashola, Enelahmah, Kachikwu, Liar Mohammed, Zainab Ahmed..should return.
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by muykem: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Atiku should be made ministers of servers and social media while Peter Obi should be made ministers for containers economy.
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by Nkemtreasure: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
June or December?
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by id911(m): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
They are wasting their time because we will retrieve our stolen mandate in court

May God bless H.E Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by slimfit1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
None of them
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by Tomide007: 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Amaechi.
Re: Which Minister Should Return With Buhari Come June? by eagleeye2: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2019
Lai Mohammed, that guy is legend in lying.
grin
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it very well.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Adeleke's Disqualification: Legal Implications / Osun Guber: PDP Strives On Lies, Wants To Create Confusion – APC / Biafra Technology Had Solution To Nigeria’s Problems –tsav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.