Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Living Stillborn - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Living Stillborn (595 Views)

Ovunda Ihunwo Sets Port Harcourt Alive With 'Hopes Of The Living Dead' / Ovunda Ihunwo Sets Port Harcourt Alive With 'Hopes Of The Living Dead' / Bring The Dead, Take The Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Living Stillborn by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
I may not be a prolific writer but this is a product of one of my uncountable sleepless nights.
(c) Philips Eugene Afamefuna with due respect to C8t8(my brother). He was my ment0r, my brother and so on.
Prologue
'Mummy, I need more beans' my son, Dike called out to me as I rearranged the kitchen for I just finished cooking. He appeared at the doorway, clutching a brown plate and scraping the beans remnants with a spoon.

'Nkem, how many times have I told you to always be satisfied with any food I gave you' I blurted. 'And stop that scraping!'

Obviously angry, Dike dropped the plate and flopped on the floor, crying hard. 'hmmn, I will tell my papa if he returns' he wailed7.

'Just bring it' i said when I couldnt bear his tears again. The greedy kid bounced up and reached for his plate. He jumped towards him and just when I wanted to take the plate from him, my eyes caught a hand holding a pistol outside the door directed at Dike. l screamed 'Dike!' and tried to cover him but sadly, the gun was shot at hij
Re: The Living Stillborn by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
I patrol d corridor sadly,clapping my hands.every nw and den,a nurse wud pass clutching a tray fild wit drugs and syringes.i wud rush to her,hows my son i will ask bt d nurse wud jst wave me away and walk away.bt wu wanted 2 kill Dike,i tot sadly.
tbc
Re: The Living Stillborn by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
jst den,2 armed men entrd d coridor holding guns,dey luk at me and com 2 me.i was afraid.
'weres ur son dey askd.i was shokd,y wer dey askin abt my son.one of dem slap me and entrd d wod were dike is.dey shot d doctor and carid dike out.
nooo"i scremd
Re: The Living Stillborn by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
I rush afta d men carrying dike out.
pls,liv my son'i cried nt minding d comotion in d ospitu.i rushd afta dem as dey enterd a car
dike lay pale in dere arms and angrily,i grab a stne nd flng it at d car.D GLass broke nd a man shot at me angrily.i faint
Re: The Living Stillborn by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
Evrbdy in d ospitu wz runin abt.nurses rn abt in fear,tryin 2 sve d doc lyf.a womn notcd me as i lay faint on d bare flr.help she scremd.2 nurse cme 2 pt me on a stretcher nd wheeld me awy.jst as dey pt me on a be,d ospitu exploded.bomb i wke nd fntd agn

(1) (Reply)

Story: The Trial Of A Married Woman (by Mercy Okusun) / The Monkey Theory (short Story) / Poetry - Trapped In A Cage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.