Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (18305 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Daddy Freeze Attacks Pastor Oladiyun Over Tithes Payment / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by unclesoyo: 5:12am On Mar 26, 2019
The Senior Pastor of the Christ Livingspring Apostolic Ministry (CLAM), Wole Oladiyun has explained the reason why every christian must pay tithe.

The pastor spoke on the issue in a recent interview with City People Magazine where he also advised all Christians to adopt the principle of giving.

Below are excerpts of his views:

Over the last few months many Pastors have come under close scrutiny and attack from those outside the church. What is your take on various criticisms pastors have been subjected to?

The Bible says the prince of this world comes and finds nothing in me. The Bible equally said: “He who stands must beware, so that he does not fall”. The criticisms are both positive and negative. There are norms that we must conform to as Christian leaders. Once we deviate from those norms, we must be checked. The criticisms, in a way are checks, and they are welcome. We are in a position of leadership and we must be responsible.

There are 3 major things I emphasise to Christian leaders. One, that God has put us in the ministry, we have not put ourselves there and it’s a great opportunity. So, the first thing is God has given us an opportunity. When a man is given an Opportunity, the onus now lies on the man to be responsible and be accountable.

So, those two things must be adhered to. We must be responsible for the opportunity to be in ministry and we must be accountable. When responsibility is shirked, then there must be deterrent measures. When we are not accountable then we must be pummeled.

The public, singularly speaking can raise voices against us, and then we must check ourselves. You can’t rule it out that people are saying what they don’t know because we are human beings. We have the episcopal grace. But we must use the grace to better the lot of the people. Some pastors are not called, they called themselves.

You can imagine abominable things happening in Christendom. It gives us concerns, those of us who are really standing right by the grace of God. How can you imagine pastors patronising dark practitioners, people in the occult world? It’s not right.

How can you imagine pastors using the inflowing to the ministry for frivolous things, instead of using the resources to build humanity, to build a better life for people, to build legacies that our children will see tomorrow and congratulate us. When you see pastors living extravagantlifestyle, it shouldn’t be so.

These days, you see pastors sleeping with women in church and young ones doing abominable things or saying things they don’t do. It’s not right. That is not being responsible, that is not being accountable. When those things are happening, the Holy Spirit goes away from such ministers, and then they will now look for other means to help themselves up.

So, when we are criticized in those areas, those criticisms are welcomed, so that we can change. So that we can conform to the norms of our Lord Jesus Christ. Many General overseers, who are doing evil these days don’t have eternity in mind. But I must say some criticisms in some areas are purgatory.

They are not positive, like people criticizing Giving, Tithing and first fruit. Those are biblical norms nobody can work against. You can criticize those who are not using the resources right. For instance, every income in CLAM for the past 21years is well accounted for, I have the records. And you can see the visible things we are doing with the income.

By the grace of God, if you check in Nigeria today, CLAM has one of the leading medical facilities, caring for people with minimal charges. We just take charges that can make us to pay the staffers. For example, we did the 4th brain surgery a few weeks ago.

Each brain surgery will cost 8 million in India, but here we did each one successfully for 900k. Here in CLAM Soteria Maternity, we’ve done hip replacement and so many surgeries successfully. Now we just concluded one-month free medical checkup for women with our Mammogram machine.

Last year alone, 2 to 3 mad persons gave birth to children by the way side and they were brought here. We took care of them and handed them over to the Lagos medical welfare successfully. When we see people who could not afford their bills we let them go.

We are doing things right here. Our farms alone will be able to take 7,000 to 10,000 youths off the street. How about using money coming in to CLAM to set up an acquisition scheme, vocational center? Miscreants are being brought in here to be trained. People from other faith are coming here to be trained. We award scholarships. We are training a lady who will become a Pilot in 3 months’ time, in Philippine.

We are training people in primary school, secondary school and University. Even the Muslim community here benefited from our scholarship awards. We are taking care of them. We live together in peace with our neighbours. That is Christianity as defined by Jesus. When ministers veer off, we must be checked, they must be checked.

The money that built the Soteria Hospital could have been deposited to wet lease a plane, but I have not done that. There is nothing bad in using a Jet. Let me balance it and let the whole world hear. I am a crusader; I go to villages that pastors don’t go. I have been to several countries, states, towns and villages.

Sometimes I would be tired in the car and feel like having a helicopter, to bring me out of those villages and hamlets immediately I finish. If anybody gives me, a helicopter, I will collect it, use it, and nobody must shout because I have paid my dues. So, for those of us, who have paid our dues, we deserve a major comfort.

What is your take on the issue of Titthe?

Tithing has to do with the 10% of your income. It belongs to God. When you pay your Tithe, you activate benefits from the Lord. When you give your Offering, you activate blessings from the Lord. When you give your First fruit, you enter into a level of wealth unprecedented, because God will begin to release ideas, he will begin to minister to you.

Payment of Tithes is a spiritual thing; it cannot be analyzed with our gumption. These are biblical norms that must not be faulted by anyone. No one is compelled to give; we explain the principle to the people, the onus now lies on you to activate the principles. It is as simple as that.

When you give your Tithe, you chase away devourers from your finances. Even the Muslims give Zakat. They believe Zakat is a matter of must for them. Those who are not born again, they are neither a Muslim nor Christian, yet they Give and receive, Law of nature, Law of nemesis, Law retribution. What you give will activate receiving from the supernatural; I’m talking on the mundane level.

Every Giver is an Achiever, even those who don’t know God, once you give you receive. It’s a natural principle that God has instituted. So, in our faith by the grace of God, Tithing, Giving of Offering and first fruit is very important. When the money flows into the church, they must be multiplied. They must be well used. When it’s not well used, then criticism comes in.

What is the correlation between the Old and New Testaments on the issue of Tithing, because that has been the argument over the years?

When people are bringing issues up, I’ll want us to discuss holistically. The bible is just one book. Everything in the Old Testament is the shadow of the New Testament.

When you are talking of Tithing, are they saying we don’t have Tithe issues in the New Testament? When you look at Hebrew 7 for example you will see everything there.

The Leviticus priest had paid Tithe in Abraham’s time. Abraham was the great grandfather, followed by Isaac, Jacob then Levi. The Levi was the 4th generation. When Abraham had an encounter with Melchizedek, there was an exchange. He paid Tithe.

He said this levite has paid tithe in Abraham. I don’t like complication. That simply means through the blood, genetically levite has done that, though he wasn’t born then. We are the modern day Leviticle priest.

So, the priesthood is there and there is nothing anybody can do about that. If you say ‘tithe should not come to church; we should not follow the principles of God? We would deny many people of their benefits? You want me to go back and be practising engineering and give myself fully to this work; If I do that you won’t meet CLAM like this.

We won’t be affecting our nation like this. So, for those of us who are genuinely doing the work if I do that well, we know these principles are real and these principles will be there till the 2nd coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. They cannot be discarded. They cannot be removed. They cannot be deleted and they cannot be taken away from the Bible. They remain as God has stated them.

When you are talking of Giving, Giving runs through. When you are Tithing, you are Giving the 10% of your earnings to activate the blessing and promises of God. Giving is an act. Some people don’t even give physical money, but they give their services. Some people intercede, they give in intercession. So, Giving is multi-dimensional. It’s the principle of God; it’s the principle of the kingdom. Giving must not be compromised.

As a rational human being, what you sow, you reap. It works for everyone irrespective of your faith bias. There is something very unscientific about Giving just like the Anointing. The first Submarine made by God was the fish that swallowed Jonah.

He was in the belly of a fish for 3 days, God suspended the digestive system of that fish, Jonah was not digested, and the fish vomited him on the 3rd day. That was not scientific. So, this principle is beyond Science. It’s beyond rational analysis.

Take for instance. Jesus met with the disciples and the tax payers asked them to pay tax. Jesus asked Peter to go to the sea with his hook, the first fish that comes, he should pick it, open it and bring the money in it. Can science rationalize that?

So, it’s the same thing with Giving. Also, the wife of one of the prophets went to Elisha, she said to him, “Your servant, when he was alive owed, though he was a good man, now the creditors have come to take the two sons, what shall I do”?

Elisha asked if she has anything in the house, she said ‘nothing but a little measure of oil and Elisha said, go and borrow vessels, lock the door, get the oil and start pouring it inside the vessels, and the little oil filled so many vessels. Can science rationalize that? So, you can’t rationalize the principle of Tithing, first fruit and Giving. There is something that is beyond common sense about the principle of God.

https://lailasnews.com/why-every-christian-must-pay-tithe-pastor-wole-oladiyun/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Fizzymike1(m): 5:52am On Mar 26, 2019
They have come again o

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Tocynone(m): 6:23am On Mar 26, 2019
Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-26 is the truth
No wonder we now have several churches in a building

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 6:37am On Mar 26, 2019
I seriously disagree with this chap.Tithing is an old testament law , so why are these men taking us back to the old testament ? Did the apostles of old pay tithe and first fruit ? If a person wishes to give or make a donation , he must be led by the Spirit of God; he must be convince by God to make that donation , not compelled because some clown somewhere , sees it as a means of making a good money .

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by frank317: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2019
All this long writeup just to convince someone to pay u money. Well, try harder sha, mugu must fall.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 9:43am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:

Did the apostles of old pay tithe and first fruit ?

The Apostles paid more than tithe. They sold their properties and use the money for GOD's work.

Always give to GOD what belongs to GOD.

A good church uses your tithes for evangelism, helping the congregation and . not for pastor's enrichment

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

The Apostles paid more than tithe. They sold their properties and use the money for GOD's work.

A good church uses your tithes for evangelism, helping the congregation and . not for pastor's enrichment
Please read my post clearly . It said " did the apostles pay tithes "? This is clearly a yes or no question. If Yes , were is it mentioned in the bible .

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by adelee777: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Seems you guys are still confused about what tithe is. The apostles sold all and gave it as OFFERING. Many people complaining about tithes pay offerings that are more than tithes. What many complain about is the dubious way people are being manipulated in the tithes issue. It is not wrong to pay tithes. What is wrong is a preacher saying it is compulsory for a christian.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Please read my post clearly . It said " did the apostles pay tithes "? This is clearly a yes or no question. If Yes , were is it mentioned in the bible .

Pay more than tithe then,if you don't want to pay tithe — Sell parts of your properties & use the money for GOD's work.
If you want to help the poor, sell another part and give the money to the poor.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

If you don't want to pay tithe, Pay more than tithe then. Sell parts of your properties & use the money for GOD's work.
If you want to help the poor, sell another part and give the money to the poor.
I see you cannot give biblical backing to support your reasons. Which is typical to those who want others to believe in the lies which they themselves refuse to listen to . Have nice day sir .

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
I see you cannot give biblical backing to support your reasons. Which is typical to those who want others to believe in the lies which they themselves refuse to listen to . Have nice day sir .

Heaven is not for stingy people bro.
Always try to give a minimum of 10 percent to GOD ALMIGHTY. Parts of your wealth must go to the poor also
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 10:10am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Heaven is not for stingy people bro.
Always try to give a minimum of 10 percent to GOD ALMIGHTY. Parts of your wealth must go to the poor also
Heaven is also not for those who twist the word of God for their own selfish benefits.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:20am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Heaven is also not for those who twist the word of God for their own selfish benefits.

If you make N200 monthly, donate 10%(N20) to a real church and do something for the poor also. Spend most of your life serving GOD and helping the poor.

GOD is testing you.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 10:23am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

If you make N200 monthly, donate 10%(N20) to a real church and do something for the poor also. Spend most of your life serving GOD and helping the poor.

GOD is testing you.
You are just a liar. Please where is it written that tithe should be paid by Christians? How can God judge us by what is not written in His word ? Please have a rethink and stop deluding yourself .

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
You are just a liar. Please where is it written that tithe should be paid by Christian? How can God judge us by what is not written in His word ? Please have a rethink and stop deluding yourself .

Tithe is not compulsory but people paid it since the beginning of the World. Abel & cain paid tithe. Abraham paid tithe. Moses paid. People paid tithe in the time of Jesus.
Even Jesus did not discourage tithe.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Tithe is not compulsory but people paid it since the beginning of the World. Abel & cain paid tithe. Abraham paid tithe. Moses paid. People paid tithe in the time of Jesus.
Even Jesus did not discourage tithe.
Why are you dragging us back to the bondage of the old testament ? Jesús never paid tithe, and neither did His disciples . So there is no justicfation for the disciples of Christ to pay it .

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Why are you dragging us back to the bondage of the old testament ? Jesús never paid tithe, and neither did His disciples . So there is no justicfation for the disciples of Christ to pay it .

Jesus never paid tithe? Any scriptural reference?

Jesus and his apostles most likely paid tithe. Those things were never recorded for obvious reasons.
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by paxonel(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2019
If you listen to this thief, you do that at your own peril

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 10:48am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Jesus never paid tithe? Any scriptural references?

Jesus and his apostles most likely paid tithe. Those things were never recorded for obvious reasons.
Stop deluding yourself : Jesus never paid tithe ; for it was never written and neither did He even speak about the issue because to Him there was no justification for men to justified by the law(Gal2:16). Even after His death and resurrection the issue of tithe was never made mention in the church or out of it ; only willing donations were made (Acts4:32). So all what your saying cannot be proven with scripture .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Stop deluding yourself : Jesus never paid tithe ; for it was never written and neither did He even speak about the issue because to Him there was no justification for men to justified by the law(Gal2:16). Even after His death and resurrection the issue of tithe was never made mention in the church or out of it ; only willing donations were made (Acts4:32). So all what your saying cannot be proven with scripture .

Read John 12:3-6. It is very significant..

That part of the scripture are for those who discouraged people from giving to GOD.

Don't stop people from offering their sacrifices to GOD. God loves and appreciate the sacrifices.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by OpenYourEyes1: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

That part of the scripture are for those who discouraged people from giving to GOD.

Don't stop people from offering their sacrifices to GOD. God loves and appreciate the sacrifices.

John 12:3-6

"Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages. ” He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it. "

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Shelumiel: 11:00am On Mar 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

You are just a liar who cannot defend what he preaches . How does John 12:3-6 relate to tithe ? Can you see how deluded you are ...grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by TheAngry1: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2019
How about why every church should pay tax?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Zoroaster: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Tif
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by N2B2: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Hungry thief.

Daddy Freeze don spoil their business.

All that epistle just to explain that their jets and luxury cars need fuel, so their mumu audience should pay tithe.

Thief.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by SEONaijaExpert: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2019
It's interesting that matters that has to do with Christians and the Church can be open for public opinions and contributions while Islamic related discussions are restricted to some set of people under an oath.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by tesppidd: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Fizzymike1:
They have come again o
lol
Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Offpoint1: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2019
All this tithe, matter don tire me sef... how many times Jesus talk about tithes sef?

Make I just live right and If I quench God no go talk make I no enter heaven cuz I no pay tithe.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by zlantanfan: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2019
I don't have a problem with paying tithe (if that means it is the steady source of keeping the church in existence).

My problem would be to see one idiot sit down waiting to benefit 10% of my struggle consistently so he can live lavishly and f##ck members.

Every church insisting on tithe should have a transparent process where every kobo is remitted to church account and the members unanimously agree (by poll or vote) on what the money must be spent on.

Daddy G. O should have only an opinion on what to use the church money for, he shouldn't pocket everybody sweat and act like the wisest because he can blackmail people with fear of "old testament".

After general church expenses, a little percent should be given to the pastor for upkeep (not lavish lifestyle) while more should go to charity

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian by Sakamaje: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2019
Sakamaje.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Giv God A Great Name From Yr Heart / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.