Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops (1347 Views)

Please Car Gurus In The House Advise On Hyundia Elantra / Please Car Expert I Need Your Advise On This / What Every Car Owner Should Do When Their Car Starts Consuming Too Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 9:09am On Mar 26, 2019
Please Masters, I need help for my V6 Toyota Camry 2007 (spider) , I went on a 2-hour journey, suddenly, I notice my car jerked a little and then moved fine again. Then It started slowing down and making a loud howling noise and also the RPM shoots to 5/6, but car is not moving. At a point It came to a final stop. Then I allowed it for like 5 - 10 minutes, I turned it on again, It moved correct and within a few metres started again... the noise and then comes to complete stop, If I allow it for another 5 minutes, It works normal and then again back to the same problem.

Immediately it started, I change the gear oil, as I called my mechanic and he suggest it's oil, Please Help me.
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Smony: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2019
fluid pump problem, as a result of bad fluid.
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2019
Smony:
fluid pump problem, as a result of bad fluid.

Thank you for your response ...

Are you suggesting I change the fuel pump entirely,
Because a mechanic open the fuel pump asked me to turn the key and the fuel splashed out. He then told me it’s pumping.

Please which fluid exactly do you think it is

Please advise me
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2019
Where are you?
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 9:38am On Mar 26, 2019
CHISPAREPARTS:
Where are you?

I am in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom...

But my car got that issue in portharcourt, so i left it at my friend's car stand and returned to uyo
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:

I am in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom...

But my car got that issue in portharcourt, so i left it at my friend's car stand and returned to uyo
Oh ok. A lot of issues can cause a stop and stall. It would have been interesting to diagnose your problem but you are far away.
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2019
CHISPAREPARTS:

Oh ok. A lot of issues can cause a stop and stall. It would have been interesting to diagnose your problem but you are far away.

I’m praying hard it shouldn’t be the gearbox... cus I was told a 22 pin gearbox is expensive
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Smony: 10:14am On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:

Thank you for your response ...

Are you suggesting I change the fuel pump entirely,
Because a mechanic open the fuel pump asked me to turn the key and the fuel splashed out. He then told me it’s pumping.

Please which fluid exactly do you think it is

Please advise me
then they should check d car nozel may b it has block
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by DECOtech(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:
Please Masters, I need help for my V6 Toyota Camry 2007 (spider) , I went on a 2-hour journey, suddenly, I notice my car jerked a little and then moved fine again. Then It started slowing down and making a loud howling noise and also the RPM shoots to 5/6, but car is not moving. At a point It came to a final stop. Then I allowed it for like 5 - 10 minutes, I turned it on again, It moved correct and within a few metres started again... the noise and then comes to complete stop, If I allow it for another 5 minutes, It works normal and then again back to the same problem.

Immediately it started, I change the gear oil, as I called my mechanic and he suggest it's oil, Please Help me.

There are people in PH that can help you scan your car and give you pinpoint diagnosis. all the guess work I am seeing here will make you throw away money.
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by nurey(m): 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:

your explanation isn't detailed but it seems you are a newbie.

if car idles but doesn't move it has nothing to do with injectors or fuel pumping. what am saying is your engine doesn't switch off but car refused to move and when you depress the accelerator the rpm just increases like you are warming the car even when the gear is in D.

diagnosis

check gear oil if black or if it is guaged. if black you are in soup if it isn't guaged check under to confirm no leak.

scan gear to confirm error codes.

have you changed gear oil before? what brand did you use?

The 2007 camry had gear issues many complained then when they 1st bought it.

if gear is the culprit change don't repair. but let's know the codes 1st

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
DECOtech:

There are people in PH that can help you scan your car and give you pinpoint diagnosis. all the guess work I am seeing here will make you throw away money.

Please give me a contact to speak to and what the price like ? �
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
nurey:

your explanation isn't detailed but it seems you are a newbie.

if car idles but doesn't move it has nothing to do with injectors or fuel pumping. what am saying is your engine doesn't switch off but car refused to move and when you depress the accelerator the rpm just increases like you are warming the car even when the gear is in D.

diagnosis

check gear oil if black or if it is guaged. if black you are in soup if it isn't guaged check under to confirm no leak.

scan gear to confirm error codes.

have you changed gear oil before? what brand did you use?

The 2007 camry had gear issues many complained then when they 1st bought it.

if gear is the culprit change don't repair. but let's know the codes 1st

You are pinpoint correct ... I’m a newbie, the car is in port harcourt, any reliable persons I call contact to get it scanned and send provide me with the codes ?
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:

You are pinpoint correct ... I’m a newbie, the car is in port harcourt, any reliable persons I call contact to get it scanned and send provide me with the codes ?

I don't or can't remember any PH technician here. but try to find a competent tech guy with scanner and check the gear fluid colour and level
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by RZArecta2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have a mechanic in ph but he’s a mad man so I won’t recommend him for a complex vehicle like yours. Op, follow nurey’s advice, don’t spend one extra naira on that car without scanning it first of all
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have told them to diagnose and send me the error codes, once I receive, i’ll post it here ... thank you all for your contributions...
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by mayor2013: 10:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
Swiftinfo:

I’m praying hard it shouldn’t be the gearbox... cus I was told a 22 pin gearbox is expensive

U660E transmission. Prepare very well for this. Not outside a transmission issue
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Swiftinfo: 8:45am On Mar 27, 2019
mayor2013:

U660E transmission. Prepare very well for this. Not outside a transmission issue

Wooh! ... fingers crossed though ...

Can this scanner do anything ??

Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by mayor2013: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2019
Limited
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by mayor2013: 9:11am On Mar 27, 2019
Swiftinfo:

Wooh! ... fingers crossed though ...

Can this scanner do anything ??

Limited
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by Gboliwe: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Kingreign, Sey you are in Uyo? Do you know anyone who can help?
Re: Help Me PLEASE!! Car Starts, Moves A Little Then Stops by kingreign(m): 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2019
OP should call me 07034581213

(1) (Reply)

SECODI Solar Cars In Nigeria / Can I Raise Honda Civic 2007 / 2012 Toyota Avensis For Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.