Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

50calibre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 50calibre's Profile / 50calibre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 196 pages)

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lmao...the straw you're grasping at now is the kids' gloves at argos, no? I'd wager that you also believe kids' rackets are also the same as the professional ones, no? Thanks for the good laugh and for exposing yourself. You don't know anything about boxing, mate. And the more you post the more you get exposed.

Just go check why they call the everlast 8oz gloves the pillow gloves, and come back to me.

You mean this one?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/everlast-8oz-junior-boxing-gloves-131987?cm_mmc=PPC-_-Summit-Google-_-NonBrand-_-PLA&_$ja=cgid:18000973096%7Ctsid:49590%7Ccid:320438656%7Clid:18283950120%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:57096822616%7Crnd:5121281427678534586%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o2%7Cbku:1

Hahahaha an 8oz gloves is an 8oz gloves it's simple as ABC... please stop embarrassing yourself, you've lost. Just accept defeat, it doesn't make you a lesser man.

Also, size has absolutely nothing to do with punching power the way your knuckles are formed. If that were the case, then Nikolai Valuev should be the most powerful puncher ever. grin I shall keep picking you apart.

What? Did you just say this? Hahahahaha it's official, my man has more boxing knowledge than you. This unforgivable statement right here is conclusive proof that you're a boxing novice and all your boxing arguments are hereby rendered invalid grin

A video of him calling Kovalev out should suffice not some kiddies' tale by his trainer.

lol they're sparing partners and perhaps friends so they're not going to call each other out.

Just stop, I'm wiping the floor with you.

Please go upgrade your knowledge of the sport before we can have a proper boxing debate.

This might be a good place to start

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/may/18/boxing-gennady-golovkin-willie-monroe-jr-floyd-mayweather-middleweight-wba-kevin-mitchell

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2015-05-18/mayweather-golovkin-manny-pacquiao-canelo-alvarez-miguel-cotto-ggg-gennady-floyd-boxing

That's an advice for Floyd to steer clear of that KO artist.
Romance / Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Elimination Round 2 by 50calibre(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, the last decent one was the one with that Lupey chic. At least, if the face wasn't really saying much (perhaps cos dark-skinned chics always look dull to most folks but still average IMO) - the body looked enticing to the eyes.

Then you had the ogugua era. Then sweetlemon with 'em crazy thighs. grin

Those were the days, my nyggah. grin

Word!! It's gotten progressively worse since them.

The bad chics are no longer active on NL, no longer interested in this stuff or too busy with something else.
Romance / Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Elimination Round 2 by 50calibre(m): 8:00pm On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol. The party is dead, anyway - just a lot of kids you might get shifted for, when you stare too tough. grin

I tell you!! Is this the best NL has to offer?

Sorry to be blunt but these chics are not good looking, at best a few of them are just average.

No chics with nice face or even nice body. Even a chic with a batty as flat as a pancake is proud to show it off to the camera shiiiiit!! grin

It's a travesty to call this a beauty pageant and therefore in protest, I abstain from voting.

I will vote when I see actual beauties.

Please organisers take these little pubescent girls and bring me some real women with curves. grin
Romance / Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - Elimination Round 2 by 50calibre(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:
Oi, 50calibre.

Let me see who you'll vote for.

Tag me when you vote.

I came late to the party..

Let me check the chics out first
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lmao...you've pugilism in ya DNA, yet you think with ya brittle hands, you can actually cause damage to someone's face with an 8oz gloves, when real boxers whose hands are more or less weapons can't do it? Do you even know what an 8oz gloves look like and why they call it the pillow gloves? - get the porky pies out of ya mouth, you're starting to sound utter ridiculous apart from being a casual fan. grin.

Lolz why are you doing this to yourself? You know quite alright you have little to no knowledge regarding this subject, why continue trying to convince yourself that you do? Ok let me indulge you for a moment.

8oz gloves are so small, they're more of kids toys. Here's a link to sports direct, you could order one right now for your little cousin.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/9267332.htm

Now for someone like me who weights above 190lb, lacing those gloves (that's if they actually fit) and punching someone with it, it's guaranteed to have almost the same effect as bare knuckle. Here's a little glove knowledge for you, take the time to read it and be informed in the subject.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/boxing-equipment/what-boxing-gloves-to-use

So basically your proof that Golovkin is willing to move to light heavyweight is a YouTube video of an interview with Golovkin's coach about sparring with Kovalev, no? And you mean the same Golovkin who already said he isn't ready to move up in weight to face Andre Ward Super-middleweight - claiming money, is actually going to move up to face Kovalev? How ridiculous can you get? He'll get knocked out old at little heavyweight with ease. Just tell him to stop giving excuses about money and ducking like a biitch and face Andre Ward after Ward schools Paul Smith.

What other evidence were you expecting? A signed contract?

Did you read my previous post at all? I said he would move to light heavyweight if need be . Do you expect a fighter to just move up weight like that for peanuts? If the money comes correct, I guarantee he'd move up just for a single fight else why should he when he's not fought every challenger in his current weight class?

Hence I said since Mayweather is the money man, he calls the shots and runs his own empire, he could offer Golovkin some good money to have him come down and fight him.. He doesn't need to offer him the world, I'm sure a meagre $5 or $10 million would do.

C'mon tell ya boy Floyd to rep the money team grin

Mayweather will destroy him at 147 . A guy with no jab and footwork like Golovkin would be schooled like a biitch at 147 the same way Mayweather schooled Saul Alvarez. And you casual fans will come more excuses about how he was weight drained.

Lolz wishful thinking. Are you going to wager on Mayweather against that guy? Golovkin will hurt Floyd so bad, he may be permanently damaged. The guy is a stalker, he stalks his opponent till he weakens them with power punches to the body, to the face, arms.. everywhere.. And he's got a good chin too.

You said Carl Froch was star struck when he saw Mayweather hence he commended him for his genius in the ring and how he picked Pacroid apart. However, you're back again saying he was probably star struck of Pacroid as well. Okay, let's now accept that he was star struck of both fighters. So would agree that opinions that day were objective? (I'm sure you will come back again to spin it another way) grin

Carl Froch is a fan boy, a mayweather dic*k rider, it was so obvious on fight night. He's almost the same age as Floyd but on May 2 he was like a little 15 year old Justin Beiber fan grin

Was he not the same guy who said he isn't an Ali fan... That's shows he's a man of poor taste.

Anyway, let me leave you in ya delusion, with a post by my doozy on CIF yesterday when we were debating casual boxing fans like you:

Denial

Floyd didn't win. Pacquiao won. Floyd ran all night and barely threw a punch or land one. Only one person came to fight.

Anger

I can't believe I paid money for this/stayed up all night to watch this. So disappointed I didn't get to see Pacquiao knock out Mayweather. I can't believe the boxing authorities allow boxers to use the entire good footwork and hit and not be hit!!

Bargaining

Oh Pacquaio was injured. That is why he didn't knock out Mayweather. That explains it.

Depression

Oh my God. If that was the best boxing had to offer it is dead. I'm off to watch UFC. Thanks a lot Mayweather and you too, Obama!

Acceptance

OK. I've seen the fight again and Mayweather did win but he will never be called an all-time great because he hasn't fought anyone in their prime.

Mayweather should go up a weight and fight Golovkin. He'll do to Mayweather what Pacquiao couldn't do because he was injured..

Yeah... Golovkin. He'll let me finally get my wish to see Mayweather really get hurt bad.

That will be great for ME, I mean great for boxing...

Some of you bitter numpties are so transparent

Off to to bed, it's past my bed time....numpties numpties numpties. We love you! grin

lol enjoy you psychology lecture, it's for you, Froch and other mayweather fanboys grin besides have you ordered your money team T-shirt and cap?
Politics / Re: John Kerry To Attend Buhari's Inauguration, Leads US Presidential Delegation by 50calibre(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2015
The election of Buhari seems to herald a new era of strong international relationships and respect.

Buhari is not yet in office but he's already beginning to claw back the reputation and recognition that was lost thanks to Jonathan's idiocy and cluelessness.

The international community seems eager to establish strong ties with the incoming administration.

I can't begin to emphasise how big the US delegation is, even during the burial of Margaret Thatcher of Britain and even the royal wedding, the US never sent a delegation this powerful.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 1:31am On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

I'm bored of the needless back and forth cos it's obvious you know next to nothing about boxing. However, I'll ask you a few questions, just to expose you further cos you have expanded the topic:

1). Since you want Mayweather at 39 who walks around as 150lbs to move up two divisions to face Golovkin, who is naturally a middle weight and walks around 170lbs...why not tell Golovkin who's still 33 and yet to move up in weight like all boxers do to move two weights up to light heavyweight to face Sergey Sergey Kovalev(who walks around at around 185-190lbs)? Note: the differences in weight are the same for Mayweather/Golovkin vis-a-vis Golovkin/Sergey Kovalev.

2). You asserted that Carl Froch, a multiple time world champion at middleweight and a future HoF, was star struck of Mayweather? If so, why wasn't he star struck when he saw Pacroid, since you believe he's greater than Mayweather? grin

I'm going to start picking you apart just to show how vacuous your arguments are. grin

Hahahaha you wanna pick apart someone who has pugilism in his DNA? Ok! I hope you know what you're doing.

1 - Golovkin is willing to move up to light heavyweight to fight Kovalev should there be need for it. He will inevitably move up anyway after facing every challenger at 160lb.

Kovalev at the moment, wants no piece of Golovkin, apparently they're sparing partners and he can attest to golovkin'a punching power which will surely become more lethal when he moves up.

Floyd on the other hand has faced every challenger in the 147lb category, Pacquiao was the last. Who else is there to face? He could take up the challenge and move up for one or two more big PPV fights but I know that's never going to happen, Mayweather is too smart and too much of a coward to step into the ring with Golovkin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9pi6uYm6Jk

http://thaboxingvoice.com/abel-sanchez-says-golovkin-dropped-kovalev-in-sparring/33762?var=no

http://thaboxingvoice.com/abel-sanchez-says-golovkin-dropped-kovalev-in-sparring/33762?var=no

Golovkin - Kovalev will most likely happen sometime in the future, even golovkin's manager doesn't rule out its possibility

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/363731-sergey-kovalev-gennady-golovkin-anyone

Or alternatively, since Floyd holds all the aces, he could make Golovkin an offer to come down to 147lb to fight him. It's very possible.

2 - Carl Froch was so star struck, it was so glaring and embarrassing. At one point, he was flattering him and when he realised Mayweather knew who he was, ohhhh! He became wet. grin

Who told Froch wasn't star struck when he met Pacquiao? Well I can't speak about that, I only saw him meet Floyd. Froch's attitude is understandable anyway, given Floyd's flamboyance, it's only normal for a local champion like Froch to get carried away

I'm sorry but all he did on fight night was ride Mayweather's coc*k hard. Sky sports won't be inviting him to anymore mayweather fights, he's a fanboy and couldn't give reasonable/objective analysis.

If he had this reaction with bitc*h Floyd, he would have fainted if he met Tyson. grin
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 12:25am On May 19, 2015
cap28:
The great Muhammed Ali training in Zaire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Jom8Ok_DA

Damn!! the golden days of boxing... I really wish I was born in that era.

This was when boxing was huge, being the heavyweight champion was like being the biggest celebrity in the world.

They selected the toughest jungle to stage the fight with the approval of Mobutu Sese Seko. They said temperatures in Zaire were so high the fighters were already sweating before entering the ring.

On Ali's way to the ring the crowds were chanting "Ali Bomaye" meaning Ali kill him.

Today causal boxing fans want to see a man smooch another man in the ring instead of fight grin

1 Like

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 12:05am On May 19, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, you're starting to look like a gift that keeps on giving with ya retorts. What are you on about with context? I know reading/comprehension isn't the forte of the overwhelming majority of folks who populate this forum, however, I don't expect you to be part of the gang cos I rate you higher than the rest. Go back and read my post again, and this time read carefully/slowly.

Err, let me break it down for you again in simple terms, and I hope you'll be able understand clearly:

- I said Holyfield is broke and bitter - and his washed up bitter ar.se just lost a charity boxing crap match to Mitt Romney. And isn't he well documented that Holyfield is broke? Didn't he look like a class clown and an idi.otic spook doing stupid charity boxing match with Mitt Romney? So what dots and context are you alluding to?

- I said Oscar De La Hoya is a crackhead and he's just bitter that Al Haymon has taken his boxers. And isn't Oscar De La Hoya a crackhead? You mean a guy who has been to rehab more than once in the last 4 years isn't a crackhead, no? Another link for you: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9658985/oscar-de-la-hoya-says-going-rehab-again

Also, didn't Golden Boy Promotions (Oscar De La Hoya's company) sue Al Haymon for taking his boxers? Link here: http://www.cityam.com/215220/floyd-mayweathers-manager-al-haymon-sued-300m-oscar-de-la-hoyas-golden-boy-promotions So what dots and context are you alluding to?

- I said Tyson and Mayweather don't get along cos of sexual assault case from way back. Did I tell a lie? And didn't Mike Tyson via his assistant affirm the story in the link I posted? So what dots and context are you alluding to?

Basically, you expect me to take the opinions of these bitter and washed clowns who have a problem with Mayweather seriously, and not the opinions of objective folks like: Lennox Lewis, Teddy Atlas, Roy Jones, Benard Hopkins, Amir Khan, Andre Berto, Andre Ward, Paulie Malignaggi etc.. Heck, even Carl Froch who was at the ringside as the co-host for ShowtimeUK marvelled at Mayweather's genius and he couldn't stop praising him. Brev, I'm bored of this back and forth, to be honest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop exposing your limited knowledge of boxing. Mayweather walks around (even when not boxing) at 150lbs max (he's a natural welterweight) but you expect him move up at least two divisions up to go take on a Golovkin (a natural middleweight) who walks around at over 170lbs, no? How ridiculous can you casual boxing fans get with ya unnecessary hate? Why not tell him to move up to heavyweight to fight Wladimir Klitschko? That was the same way you lot were making noise about Pacroid and his roid rage till Mayweather schooled him, and the midget filipino had to create some phantom injury after those Mayweather's straight rights and vicious left hooks/jabs kept him at bay. What theory are you going to come up with next? - he ducked a middleweight fighter as a welterweight, no? - bwahahahahahaha

Err, why not tell Golovkin to stop running like a biiitch and go fight Andre Ward and Lara? Or since you want a 39-year old Mayweather to move up to middleweight to him - how about tell Golovkin to also move up two division to take on Adonis Stevenson or Sergey Kovalev? I'd even put my money on Saul Alvarez to knock the Golovkin hype job out in 7 rounds cos Saul walks around at 160lbs now.

Anyway, who has Golovkin even fought apart from tomato cans and bums? Name one decent fighter he has fought? The media created a hype job about a brawler with punching power, but no jab and footwork, yet all the casual fans keep spamming everywhere with noise about some useless Golovkin. WHo has he fought apart from tomato cans? Why can't he take on folks on the level they claim he's before crowning him? I'd even wager that Mayweather would school him if it makes business sense, but even with after schooling him - you lot are going to come back and ask Mayweather to move to the heavyweight division as a welterweight to face Wladimir Klitschko. That's how irritating/annoying/nauseating you casual fans can get sometimes.

Hopefully, when Golovkin the hype gets smacked by Andre Ward or Saul Alvarez; bum ar.se Wladimir Klitschko retires; and midget Filipino Pacroid wakes up from a combo Mayweather and Marquez's straight rights - you'll leave boxing the sweet science with them, and move to the MMA/UFC where animals in human skin fight in cages like brutish savages. grin

With Andre Ward, Dirrell brothers, Terence Crawford, the new cautious Saul Alvarez, Lomachenko, Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua, Errol Spence, Keith Thurman, Charlo brothers, Adrien Broner (if he can stop being a clown), Nicholas Walters, and Rigondeaux - we boxing purists have a lot to look forward to. The future is bright!cool

Damn!! You don't give up do you?

Are you seriously trying to tell you don't understand what I'm trying to say?

Holyfield is broke, yes!! De la Hoya was a drug addict, yes!! Tyson is bankrupt, yes!! Holyfield fought Romney for charity, yes!! What relevance are all of these in this context, (context meaning "discourse" ) what has it got to do with their expert opinion? Its really that simple.

Why the hell should Holyfield be bitter with floyd, bitter about what anyway? De la Hoya isn't broke so you grab at his drug addiction... Why are you linking up different unrelated subjects? Or is it just a desperate attempt to discredit their professional opinion?

FYI Holyfield couldn't care less about Floyd, he was invited on ESPN to give a prediction before the fight and he gave an objective analysis but failed to give a prediction.

Tyson don't get along with Floyd, yet they've hung out together, even featured together in commercials. Loolz. Tyson said (in his book by the way) that Floyd set him up in 99 .. Ok!! but it's funny how you chose to accept that part of his story which suits your argument, yet refuse to accept other part of his story. Lol

The opinions of all those guys you mentioned, objective or subjective as they may be, they do count... after all they've all laced boxing gloves and fought professionally. Even the great Muhammad Ali tipped Pacquiao to win, so what?

Your boxing argument proves you're not even a boxing fan, no disrespect but you know much less about boxing than I thought you did. You should have known fighters move up and down the weight classes (I even gave you examples) and no mayweather isn't a natural 150lb, he's moved up four or five weight classes so moving up isn't a problem for him. Canelo Alvarez came down to fight him, Golovkin I'm sure would be willing to come down to fight him if that's what it takes. Golovkin would pulverise floyd to dust grin

Mayweather is no stranger to moving weights, he's moved weights several times, he moved weights to fight De la Hoya, Marquez, cotto... these are little things I'd expect a staunch mayweather fan to know.

I watched Carl Froch's analysis on fight night and he was obviously star struck by mayweather even more so after mayweather recognised him. The guy was given the opportunity to co-interview floyd and he made a right mug of himself. He was given a ring side seat (something that's naturally out of his league) so what do you expect from a guy who's never had any major fight outside his backyard, who's biggest fight was Wembley stadium?

We've obviously reached an impasse, neither of us would agree and you're also not making it a worth while argument by constantly evading the truth (truth i'd expect someone like you to know) and making some utterly ridiculous arguments. So I will leave it at that, maybe we can pick it up some other time when there will be real boxing fans in the house so we could see who's truly the "casual fan"

When I watch boxing, I wanna see skill and intelligence but most importantly I wanna see blood, cut, punishment. I wanna see the cuts man in each corner going to wok at the end of each round. You want to see a man running around, baby punching and hugging another man grin fair enough!!

Politics / Re: Pressure Mounts On Obama To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration In Person by 50calibre(m): 9:28am On May 18, 2015
Bunch of dreamers!! The chances of Obana attending the inauguration is zero to none.

The security challenges presented by the Nigerian terrain at the moment is too immense for the secret service to deal with.

A lot of people don't realise the complexity and planning than goes into moving a president of the United States. The amount of hardware that's moved alone will shock you.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Davido Acquires A House In The US by 50calibre(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2015
Must have cost him just pocket change, houses in the states are cheap.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he took out a mortgage on that house not outright purchase.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 2:53am On May 18, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

What theories are you alluding to? I posted links to everything I said, yet you're still grasping at straws - just say you have to argument, end of. Utter ridiculous and innuendo rebuttals won't cut it with me.

You sound pained. Baby fighter who has beaten everyone put in-front of him and remained undefeated. Brev, stick to brawling - you're just showing yourself out the more you post.

The sweet science is about BOXING not BRAWLING!

It's obvious you never paid attention to the fight cos you were looking for a brawling contest. If you did, you would have see what happened in the 4th and 6th round. Pacman the roid biiitch threw flurries and won both rounds convincing yet the biitch claimed a fake injury after the fight.

I can't keep regurgitating the same thing over and over again. Read all my previous post to Cap28 and all the links I provided about how Tyson NEVER had $20 million in his account. Ditto all the videos I posted.

You lost when you failed to even include Tyson even in ya top-5 heavyweight fighters ever. You're basically just arguing for the sake of it. It's boring now.

Why not tell him to move up to the heavyweight division to face Wladimir Klitschko since you want him to move up two divisions to face a natural middleweight? grin Do you even know how old he's and that he's a natural welterweight? You lot just talk for the sake of it - I bet you don't even know how the divisions work in boxing. Tired of back and forth with casual fans who know nothing about the sweet science.

Tell Golovkin the hype job to stop running from Andre Ward and get in the ring with him, so ward can school him like he did those before him. At least they're both just one division apart, and both are still relatively young.

Lol your links mean nothing, they have no relevance in this context. You're the only one connecting some imaginary dots here and trying to pass it as valid reason.

I don't need any link to tell me what I witnessed or what is generally known. Tyson made shi*t load of money in his career, even as far back as the late 80s when he divorced his first wife, she walked away with more than $10 million. Any link stating contrary is nothing but bullsh*it, not even worth the click.

Except you can show me where it's explicitly said that Tyson walked home with much less money than reported, then there's no point here.

Tyson said everything in his undisputed show, go and watch it. He'd no reason to lie there.

From what you've said do far, even almost going as far as saying Floyd Mayweather Junior is greater the great Muhammad Ali... It's already obvious you're not a boxing fan at all, just a Mayweather fan. Which is cool, after all the money team bandwagon is full of loyal supporters (including 50 cent who jumped back on the bandwagon after saying all the shi*t he said about Floyd... Talk about a man behaving like a groupie)

Why can't Floyd go up to middleweight? That's very feasible than going up to heavyweight where Wladimir Klitschko fights. Roy Jones, Evander Holyfield, James Toney, David Haye did similar thing, even Pacquiao his nemesis moved up from 107lb to 147lb... Mayweather is almost at middle weight, he doesn't even need to add up to 30lbs to fight Golovkin, that should be easy peasy for him.. At least if he wants to silence the naysayers forever.

Golovkin will fight Ward, and he would just be another knockout to his record.

Forget what the Mayweather fans boys might say to hype their man, the boxing world knows mayweather will forever be remembered as a hype who not only ducked fighters in their prime but also ducked them in the ring by running around like a bitc*h!! The bitc*h doesn't even like boxing, he's given up his belts so he won't be forced to face mandatory challengers.

Like tyson said " Floyd Mayweather is delusional, he's just a weak, little scared man" Hahahahahahahahaha tyson gave him a verbal KO grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA24sDTpMuA

As a big fan of the pugilist trade, I have zero respect for any fighter who steps into the ring without the intention to impose his will, punish and knockout the other man. It's very disrespectful of the sport.

As a man, he has no class, I really don't get why most black folks are blindly rooting for him, he's not even done anything for black people, nothing!! Apart from floss his wealth, make blasphemous statements and be a cash cow for bitc*hes.

Don't worry, your boy Mayweather would retire soon and all of you his fans would retire with him.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2015
cap28:
50 calibre - watch this very interesting study and analysis of Mike Tyson's peek-a-boo style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hMsDu9E6QA

Very insightful

ShymmexOBE fails to comprehend the brilliance of Iron Mike Tyson... A man so bad they nicknamed him the baddest man on the planet.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

What other excuses are you alluding to? Is Holyfield not broke and bitter, and isn't that the same guy fighting and getting his broke ar.se beat up in ridiculous celebrity boxing match against Mitt Romney?

Is De La Hoya not hooked on crack and cocaine? And didn't he go to rehab for it? http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/23/oscar-de-la-hoya-cocaine-party-photos-rehab/

And hasn't almost all Golden Boy Promotions fighters left De La Hoya for Al Haymon? grin Stop grasping at straws - you lost the debate already.

I'm back!! Anti spam bot banned me but I'm free now.

You're making up ridiculous theories again, mixing up loads of things which are irrelevant in this context, taking people's personal problems and pinning it as a reason for their opinion... That's just ridiculous.

Whether Holyfield is broke or De la Hoya a drug addict, that's completely irrelevant, they don't have some personal vendetta against Floyd. No matter how much you might want to deny it, their opinions count in the boxing world.

The Romney fight was for charity, it didn't even last 2 rounds.... Another irrelevant point. You're the one grasping at straws here. Give me something solid not you're baseless theories or you can convince yourself you've won the debate.

Grasping at straws again, are we? If professional boxing were about how heavy your punches are - then Foreman, Sonny Liston, and Earnie Shavers should be the greatest boxers ever.

But they are one of the greatest boxers ever so what's your point? Ali who is widely acknowledged as the greatest, had reasonable punching power to go along with his array of skills and so did Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Johnson and Joe Louis. Your boy floyd is just a baby fighter, he should be in the Olympics.

I can agree Floyd is the greatest Olympian ever (he even lost his fight in the 96 Olympics) grin

Anyway, how come ya Pacman failed to throw flurries in that bout, since that's what he's about? And how come Mayweather threw and landed more punches than? I guess the effective straight rights and jabs kept him at bay. If they were "baby punches", why didn't Pacman walk through them? grin

He unleashed vicious flurries on Mayweather, didn't you watch the fight? Mayweather was doing a Usain Bolt and Pacquiao was chasing him around.

Brev, the more you post, the more obvious it's that you're a casual boxing fan...thus adding credence to my assertion that you don't really know much about the sweet science.

Nah bruv!! Based on some of the things I've seen you say here, you're the casual boxing fan here. In fact I dare say you're more of a Mayweather fan than a boxing fan.

Iv heard countless debates with mayweather fans, I've listen to different types of mayweather fans, ranging from the sentimental/biased ones to the ones who truely believe he's that great but none of them has ever over-exaggerated his abilities as much as you've done, nor uttered some downright blasphemous statements like you have e.g "Tyson never had more than $20 million his account". .

This statement right here is irrefutable proof that you're still a boxing newbie of the Mayweather era because no boxing fan of the 90s could have said this. So I won't even bother arguing this.

Yes, he took punishments on purpose to ware his opponents out, but look at where that got him with the Parkinson's disease. I bet Ali wished he never took those punishments.

However, Mayweather on the other mastered the craft and he fights without taking punishments. He'll retire almost 100% the same, with hundreds of dollars in pocket undefeated. That's supreme intelligence and greatness right there. Respect the legend, matey.

Of course I respect the legend, the legend of Mayweather the escape artist, the Houdini of boxing.. That I respect him for, not his boxing.

Like I said before, I don't have any problem with being defensive, I would also try to avoid punishment if I was a boxer. What I have problems with is running and not fighting.

I think that's long overdue. We boxing purists aren't fans of folks destroying themselves in the sweet science. It's about exhibiting skills and high ring IQ, not brutish and animalistic behaviour.

Lool you not even a boxing purist. Well I guess they could invent virtual boxing so the risk of damage would be completely eliminated. Boxing is a brute sport, that's the undeniable reality, a sport where two people lace gloves and try to punch each other on the face, is a brute sport. IQ only makes is better to watch.

Bwahahahahahahaha. You mean the Physician they paid? So you actually believe a person with a tear in his shoulder would be able throw the flurries Pacman threw in the 4th and 6th round of that fight? The same injury that made Vitali Klitschko retire from his fight against Chris Byrd, despite winning handily before he had the tear? If you believe that, then you will believe that pigs do fly - hysterical. grin

You were the accountant who paid the physician right? Loool Pacquiao was denied an anti-inflammatory shot before the fight by the boxing commission because he his team failed to tick the appropriate box. His injury occurred in training, it's well documented and he's undergone surgery to repair it which would keep him out for a year. Again!! No point here

You mean the same Pacman who was put to sleep by Marquez with a straight right, no? The same Marquez Mayweather schooled like an amateur? Pacman's claim to fame was steroid - he has been a bum since he stopped juicing up.

Lool another amateur comment, boxing (and sports in general) doesn't work that way. Frazier have Ali hell, even defeated him once but the same Frazier was pulverised by Foreman who Ali knocked out. Again!! No point here.

No one wants to a see another one-sided rematch unless Pacman can agree to fight in his bedroom, with his wife and kids as ref and judges. That's the only way he'll have a chance. grin

Then Floyd has nothing to fear, since money is his true motivation, he can as well accept a rematch and rake in more money.

Mayweather wears 8oz and 10oz gloves because his hands are messed up - and with those extra fluffy gloves, you can't really hurt people. Pacman and other punchers wear the Cleto Reyes the puncher's gloves - peep the difference.

With Mayweather's gloves, you won't even be able to inflict the slightest damage on anyone's face. This just shows you have never worn boxing gloves.

Like I said, some things are better experienced that told, it's easy to be an armchair, Internet analyst but nothing beats a first hand experience. Visit that boxing gym I told you of and spar with one or two people, thèn come back lets talk.

I've seen people tooth get knocked loose by amateurs with gloves, talk more a professional. Lol

Like Mike Tyson turning into a cannibal and biting Holyfield's ear off, after getting pummeled, no? grin

Just like your boy floyd sucker punching a man who wasn't looking and accepting it as a win.. What a puss*y

Tyson took so much beating in that bout that I actually felt sorry for him. And Holyfield isn't even top-20 greatest heavyweight fighters ever.

Yes tyson took punishment in the fight, that I accept, I accept when reasonable points are made, I try to be objective as possible.

However it took Lewis 8 rounds to knock out an out of shape, lazy tyson. What do you think could have happened if Tyson was in his prime. Tyson took big shots in that fight, absorbed it and kept coming forward, tyson had a very thick neck which could absorb punches.

You should know tyson was finished by then, he went on to lose more fights against epic bums

Till then, just respect his hustle and the fact that he's not getting ra.ped like Tyson was ganked in his ar.se for his peez by Bob Arum and Don King.

Of course I respect the hustle but that doesn't mean I can't speak the truth.

Not surprised cos you're a casual boxing fan, not a purist. The same Tyson who ducked Lennox Lewis till he was broke and needed the money? Yet his ar.se got put to sleep when they met. The cannibal who bit Holyfield's ear off after getting pummeled? The same Tyson who was put to sleep by Douglas? grin

You're repeating yourself now, your comments are going in a loop. You've even contradicted yourself here.

Few posts ago you said you defend Tyson against people who think he ducked lewis, now you're saying something else. Which side are you on exactly?

Anybody can get KOed, Henry Cooper Knocked ali out.

Mayweather is way above him.

Oh, undefeated Corrales in his 20s (same age as Mayweather then) with big punching power, who was touted as the next big thing, was past his prime? Arturo Gatti the warrior was past his prime? Undefeated Ricky Hatton and a world champion at the time was past his prime? Young Castillo was past his prime? De La Hoya a world champion at 154 back then was past his prime? Shane Mosely a world champion coming off two great victories was past his prime? Cotto a world champion, who's still fighting and beating boxers, at 154 (not the catchweight Pacman fought him at) was past his prime? A young Saul Alvarez the next big thing in boxing and a big puncher who just knocked out Kirkland last week was past his prime?

Stop grasping at straws - you lost the argument when Tyson didn't make your top-5 even in the heavyweight division. Mayweather dominated his era, fought everyone and remained undefeated. While Tyson ducked Lennox Lewis. Got put to sleep by Douglas in his prime. And turned into a cannibal in the ring. Enough said. grin

Your comments are now playing on a loop grin

All these guys lost to floyd because they weren't trained to chase after a man in the ring.

Maidana punished floyd, hit him more times than anyone expected, backed him up against the ropes many times. Shane Mosley almost destroyed Floyd's face with a powerful right hand.... So much for the greatest defensive boxer.

Pacquiao is greater than Floyd, mark what I say, posterity will validate this. Pacman has gone up many weight classes and won titles, he's fighting at 147lb which isn't he's natural weight and he's able to still dominate. While floyd a natural 135-147lb is sitting comfortably.

He should move up in weight and face the new kid on the block Gennady Golovkin, lets see what happens.

Note!! I've replied to your comment from yesterday
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 2:58am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, if you can give Jay Z props for Rocafella despite the fact that Dame Dash was the businessman, while Jigga was the rapper - why can't Mayweather take the props for being a business genius? It takes two to tango, and they both combined to milk the sport.

All I'm saying is; you're highly over-rating Mayweather. I recognise and appreciate his ring intelligence, but I refuse to accept him as some business genius because he clearly isn't. Any athlete with money can hire a solid financial team to handle his affairs, that don't make him an Einstein. Even 50 cent who has great knowledge of the man doesn't speak so highly of his business acumen.

Undefeated and he made all the great boxers in this era look like bums in the ring. Tyson never did that. He got knocked out cold by Douglas, a bum. Got his ar.se whooped by Holyfield twice and turned into a cannibal. Ducked Lennox Lewis for a long time, and got knocked out cold when they finally met. grin

Which fighters did he make look like bums, are they the same ones he gave facials in the ring, the ones who came out looking prettier? Ok I hear you. grin

Fighting floyd is very frustrating, most of these guys lose out of frustration, chasing a man around the ring is not what they trained for.

Tyson made big scary men look like real bitc*hes. Tough guys like Holmes, Spinks, Berbick, even Bruno were made to look like women..... I don't think you knew Tyson. Douglas knocked out a tyson do what? Ali was knocked down by Henry cooper early in his career, that doesn't meant anything. For all we know, Tyson underrated Douglas and didn't train properly for the fight.

Holyfield fought dirty, very dirty. He was known to use headbut people in the ring.. Tyson also said recently that the Ref in thir first fight (Mills Lane I think) came into the ring drunk grin

Tyson didn't duck lewis, he just wasn't a big draw financially so he was paid to step aside for more lucrative bouts. You and I both know Lewis stood no chance against a prime tyson. When they finally fought, Tyson was way past his glory days, he was a drug addict, he was slow, he was lazy........ Yet it too Lewis 8 solid rounds to knockout tyson who was just a sitting duck after the first two rounds.

Do you think the boxing world gives hails that Lewis win as a great win? Hell no!!

Nobody cares about age - it's about longevity and body of work. If it were about the age you became a superstar, Robinho should be one of the greatest footballers ever right now. Lennox Lewis was a late bloomer, but that didn't stop him from being greater than Mike Tyson.

You're having a laugh now ain't you? Age matters so much in sport, I can't emphasise it enough. No football club will splash out on a 30+ Year old dude no matter how good he is. Robinho been in his prime young years wasn't considered the best. He was behind the shadow of Ronaldinho and kaka.

In what universe is Lennox Lewis greater than Mike Tyson? Nah!! You're definitely having a laugh grin

But you never answered my question. Is Tyson greater than Frazier since they were about the same height cos you made excuse for Tyson's height?

The difference in eras make it hard to compare but in some regards, of course Tyson is greater than Frazier. Don't forget Frazier's son faced Tyson early in his career and got pulverised in epic fashion.

How about list those he ducked? He never ducked anyone - they ducked him (Sugar Shane Mosley, Kostya Tszyu). And he did beat everyone they put in-front of him, hence he's undefeated.

How about amir khan? How about Pacquiao? He basically waited till Pacquiao was diminished before facing him. Same thing he did with De la Hoya and Cotto.

How about Floyd move up in weight class and face a knock out artist like Golovkin, just to prove his greatness?

But Tyson ducked Lennox Lewis. grin

Go watch his fights on YouTube to see how Mayweather was knocking people out before he started having problems with his hands.

How dare you compare a broken jaw with a broken hand? Mayweather fought with one hand and still won. If that isn't greatness, I don't know what it's. grin

What!! So a broken fist is worse than a broken jaw? I give up!

Tyson isn't top-5 on the biggest punchers ever list.

Really? So who and who makes the top five?

We're talking about net worth here, not what the fights the participated in made. If that were the case, Mayweather should be in billions.

Tyson's highest net worth was never more than $20 million, and that's me being extremely generous

Ok now you're being a comedian. Tyson made $30 million each for his fights against Bruce Seldon, Holyfield, and Lewis. Around the time he came out of prison, he had a net worth of around $200 million. Go and watch his undisputed show, he said he had an account balance of $100 million when he came out of prison in 96

You're confusing career earning with net worth. Over Tyson's career, he made in excess of $300 million, most of which he lavished. A guy who spent a million dollars in a London jewellery store in the early 2000s... You clearly didn't know mike tyson.

50 cent said it in a jokey way clowning around, but Charlamagne gave it life by releasing those tapes. If it were just 50cent, no one would have bothered cos 50cent can barely spell as well - just check his twitter. grin

Looool his twitter is hilarious I must admit but you're making excuses for floyd. He can't read else he should have accepted that challenge.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 2:11am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Holyfield and De La Hoya the crack head are just bitter - Holyfield for being broke, and De La Hoya cos Al Haymon has taken all Golden Boy Promotions' boxers. As for Tyson, that stems from something else - I believe the two of them don't get along cos of what happened in the past when Tyson's house was ransacked about sexual assault against some chic in Vegas, Mayweather was also checking. But after the fight, he did give props to Mayweather and said he won.

Now you're making up theories grin

Boxing isn't for the entertainment of casual fans - it's for die-hard fans who understand the sweet science. And we all appreciate Mayweather's style. Selling his style to casual fans would amount to trying to make the average Brits love NFL, or trying to sell Rugby to a yank. Ditto baseball and cricket. grin You have to understand it, to know the greatness.

So the so called "die hard boxing fans" enjoy seeing a man run around the ring and hug his opponent for 12 rounds? In that case I'd rather be a "casual fan" for wanting to see a real fight.

What Floyd does is not the sweet science, and will never be. You wanna see the sweet science? Watch Ali. He's the master tactician.

The sweet science is about imposing your will on another man, making him miss while you punish him emphatically and show him you're the better man. Mayweather doesn't punish his opponents, he runs from them and since he found a way to fool the Vegas judges, all he does connect a couple of feeble punches just to win rounds... That's nonsense!

But did he run around against Pacman cos the last I checked he threw/landed more punches than Pacman who was meant to be the aggressor and the ultimate brawler . Yet he still can't get his props from casual boxing fans, despite putting fear in Pacman with those two heavy straight right that landed effectively in the 1st round Pacman got scared after that lol. Ol'boy lost so terrible, he had to fake an injury after the fight about some tear in his shoulder - bwahahahaha. Who the hell throws flurries after having a tear? - grin

But Pacman landed more vicious punches especially in the 4th, 6th and 12th round. Pacman was clearly the aggressor throughout the fight and all floyd wanted to do all night was run & hug... What the fuc*k is that?
Floyd probavly thought they were on a race track. The Internet was awash with funny memes of floyd doing a usain bolt in the ring grin

And as with all Floyd's opponent, Pacman came out looking prettier, floyd polishes his opponent's face during the fight, making them look prettier after the fight grin.... So much for the self acclaimed great.

Pacman even inflicted more damage to Floyd with his fewer punches than vice versa, go and look at Floyd's swollen lip after the fight.

Do you think Floyd could have won that fight outside Vegas or the US?

The most important thing is the victory. Who cares about the opponent's face? So you mean you can leave an impact on a person's face with 8oz of gloves on - interesting. grin

Of course yes!! It doesn't matter if it's a 8oz or 10oz gloves, if I get a clean shot at someone's face, it's impact will be visible. If Pacquiao at 145lb can do that, anyone above that weight with reasonable punching power can. Floyd's hands are so weak, I'd allow him punch me for fun. grin

Well, that's why boxing is called sweet science and not brawling. You win by points.

Yes!! In the Olympic though

It had something to do with the punishment Ali took in the ring. Don't forget it was exacerbated after his fight with Larry Holmes. A fight he should never have participated in. I guess he needed the money, hence he took the fight - and he was never the same after that.

Yeah it exacerbated after that fight but ali was already Parkinson's-bound way before that fight so we can't say punishment was the root cause. Ali is not the only boxer who took punishment.

Fair enough. But, this is about pure boxing and technique. So Tyson shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Floyd Mayweather when it comes to pure boxing.

Of course he should be mentioned, he's a great of his era. I only have a problem when he's being mentioned as the greatest.

You cannot compare the impact & significance tyson had on the sport and beyond to that of mayweather. It's just the truth!

Isn't it shocking that Tyson didn't even make your top-5 - not in general boxing, nor in the heavyweight division (your list not mine). Yet you think he's greater than Mayweather - hysterical. grin

Tyson didn't make my top give because the list is star studded.

Your list is the same as mine with Mayweather to round up my top-5. Definitely can't forget how Joe Louis paved the way and broke barriers for black boxers. And Sugar Ray Robinson was pure genius. Sugar Ray Leonard did duck Hagler till towards the end of Hagler's career - and Hagler won the fight between the two of them, but the refs did him in. However, Sugar Ray Leonard had it all.

Also, if Hagler could make ya list of honourable mentions - why didn't you include both Hearns and Duran? Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, and Duran made that era the best ever in boxing history. Too bad I missed that era, but my pops told me a lot about it, and I did watch all the documentaries about all those great boxers.

My top five (in no order): Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Joe Louis, Mayweather, and Sugar Ray Leonard. Next should be: Hagler, Hearns, and Duran. Roy Jones in his prime should make my top-20.

Fair list, at least we mostly agree on this

Stop comparing bums with Mayweather, mate. Marciano fought bums and pensioners. He fought so many bums and pensioners, he fought a lot of them more than once. That's how bogus his record is.

You're funny! So Marciano fought bums and pensioners while Mayweather has fought real gladiators right? Give me one real, terrifying opponent on Floyd's resume

As for Calzaghe, he ducked both Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins in their. He never fought outside Europe (90% of his fights were in the UK), apart from when he went to America to fight almost-retired Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins. And Hopkins did knock his ar.se out, the judges just cheated and gave Calzaghe the win. Joe Calzaghe won't even make top-50 best boxers ever. grin

That's why I say unbeaten record doesn't make one a great champion.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 9:25pm On May 16, 2015
cap28:
Tyson speaks emotionally about his relationship with Cus D'Amato who was like a surrogate father to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJ7vwBLKjc

The death of Cus de Amato was the single most significant event which derailed Tyson's career.

That set of a chain of events which ultimately deprived Tyson of reaching the heights he was set to reach then. From the introduction of Din King into his life, to his gold-digger wife Robin Givens to his parting ways with Kevin Rooney, Teddy Atlas and Jim Jacobs, Tyson was never the same. Then the rape conviction as well.

I keep saying, Tyson under the tutelage of Cus de Amato was unbeatable.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:
50cal,

I'm out for now, need to run out quickly.

Finna reply ya other post later tonight.

Cool bruv!!

You'd find my replies when you return.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Brev, I'm a big Mike Tyson fan, and my childhood won't be complete without the legend of Iron Mike. I still remember vividly that I watched his two fights against Holyfield with my pops and brother (and we were all rooting for him). Ditto his fight with Lennox Lewis. I'm also the guy who defends him all the time whenever I get into argument with a lot of folks out here who thinks he ducked Lennox Lewis for a long time (most Brits think he ducked Lennox Lewis till he was broke and needed the money). So you can't question how much I admire the man.

Very well!!

However, in this context/discourse - I'm riding with Mayweather based on pure boxing talent/genius and how he changed the game business wise. I'm all for black people creating their own wealth, and managing their economics - without being enslaved by the establishment.

This is not the issue here, you're mixing the business side of things with the sport. Mayweather wins in this regard, not because he's that brilliant, but because he has brilliant a strategists in his team.

Mayweather, despite being greater than Tyson in the ring - he's also greater than him outside the ring with the blueprint he created with Al Haymon. That's greatness right there.

@the bolded, that's almost blasphemy. How is what Mayweather has accomplished in the ring greater than that of Mike Tyson? Tell me one unique feat or milestone Mayweather has accomplished in the ring?

I never said anything to negate the greatness/legends of both Cus de Amato and Kevin Rooney (I think you forgot to add Teddy Atlas to the list cos he was just as influential on Mike Tyson as Kevin Rooney was).

At least, that we agree on!

However, what has being the youngest ever heavyweight champion and his height got to do with how efficient his style was compared to the pure scientific style of Floyd Mayweather? If height were to be a yardstick, then Joe Frazier was just an inch taller than Mike Tyson So would you say Mike Tyson was greater than Joe Frazier? And would you say the efficacy of Joe Frazier's style, whereby he takes loads of punishment was more efficient than peek-a-boo style? Mike Tyson was a brawler not a pure boxer, end of story.

I mentioned that to highlight the sheer scale of Tyson's ring achievements, do you know what heavyweight champion at age 18 meant back then? Mind you unlike today where there are many titles, there was just one heavyweight title back then and to earn a shot, you had to fight your way to the top. Of course height matters a lot, in every of Tyson's fight, he stepped into the ring with a significant physical disadvantage and yet managed to match these guys and even knock out most.

Same with Frazier, but he took real punishment from bigger guys like Foreman

Floyd has cherry picked fights throughout his career, ducking dangerous fights and selecting fights that were good for business.

I guess you never watched Floyd Mayweather before he fvcked up his two hands, hence he stopped going for knockout, unless he gets frustrated in the ring. Need I remember you that Corrales (a hall of famer), with his power punches, was the guy touted by everyone to beat Mayweather when they were both coming up (both were undefeated then). What happened? Mayweather knocked him out five times in that fight and Corrales' dad had to throw in the towel. After that, Corrales was never the same. Arturo Gatti was another legend in the ring with a big heart that was touted to beat Mayweather...but his ar.se was knocked out in the 6th round. This was the same Mayweather that broke his hand in his bout with Castillo, and had to fight with one hand - yet he won. Is there any boxer in the history of boxing that has ever done that?

I never really paid much attention to Floyd until has fight with De la Hoya and that's because he was not a big draw till then (thanks to his style)

Ali fought with a broken jaw for 13 rounds against Ken Norton... Again, nothing special here.

Tyson never had the best punching power apart from Foreman even in the heavyweight division ever. Where are you going to put the likes of: Sonny Liston, Earnie Shavers, Lennox Lewis, and Joe Louis?

This is debate-able but tyson had the best punch execution. I'm not sure Lewis should be in that list. Lewis was a late bloomer who never reached his peak or discovered his natural power till late in his career and even at that, Tyson was a better Knock-out artist than Lewis, and had higher KO % than Lewis.

Inflation or no inflation, Tyson never made anything close to what Mayweather has made thus far. Check the PPV numbers. Mayweather owns three of the top-5 highest selling boxing bouts ever. That's enough to tell you who the king is.

You're failing to take the times and inflation into account. Obviously, as time goes on new PPV records will continue to be set. Tyson had more big PPV bouts in the top 10 than floyd. Juxtapose that with the times those fights happened and see what they meant back then.

Take note Tyson made between $300 - 400 million in his career.

The whole Charlamagne Tha God thing about Mayweather not being able to read is funny, when the guy has shown afterwards that he can read perfectly. He had an off day or whatever happened, and Charlamagne decided to clown something as confidential as that. Err, can Charlamagne himself speak English and enunciate words the right way? Pot and kettle. grin

Are you aware it's 50 cent who said he can't read? 50 cent challenged him to read a children's comic and he'd donate $700k to charity, David Letterman challenged him to come on his show and read in front of the whole America... Why didn't he accept? Loool you give floyd way too much credit.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

It's obvious you and Cap28 have no understanding about what boxing, the sweet science, is all about. You lot are casual fans, and I can't blame you for that. For the umpteenth time: it's BOXING not BRAWLING - the art of hitting, and not getting hit.

So going by that logic, Holyfield, Tyson, De la Hoya and the loads of other people out there who aren't fans of Mayweather's style are just casual fans too? Looooool

I've been watching boxing from as little as 3 years old, I come from a family of ardent boxing fans, my dad, uncles are big time boxing fans, my grand parents knew Dick Tiger.

I know what the sweet science is, and what floyd does is not the sweet science. Even Lennox Lewis the self-styled pugilist specialist and advocate of the sweet science, agrees Floyd's style is boring. Effective but unentertaining.

Let me break it down for you:

- The first thing the ref says before any bout is: protect yourself at all times. Evidently, if the sport is about "protecting yourself at all times" - why do you lot have a problem with Mayweather, for perfecting himself, without getting hit? You're in there to score points, based on effective hits - not to get brain damage and die young, while entertaining the people.

You're wrong!! I don't have a problem with Floyd not getting hit, I have a problem with running around in the ring like its a race track. Floyd has great defence which I applaud, but very little offence... Which is not what bicubh is about. Ali had great defence too but with a decent amount of offence.

- There's something called compuBox, which tallies the total number of punches thrown in a bout - and each round is scored based on the effective punches that hit the designated areas. You don't win based on throwing flurries and leaving yourself open. Mayweather also mastered that, and he's calculative and extremely intelligent in the ring.

Yet the opponent comes out looking pretty faced... Those must have been phantom punches because I know as amateur as I am, a solid punch from me will definitely have an impact on a person's face.

I don't need any computer to tell me what I'm seeing, Compubox can be saved for the Olympics, that's where points safety and scoring is all that matters that's why they wear head gear. There's a reason professional boxers wear just trunks and boots.

Ali took a lot of punches, hence he has Parkinson's disease. Ditto all the boxers who either died in the ring, or have one form of brain problem or the other. And when you look at how messed up the faces of most boxers are, you can't but feel sorry for them. However, that's something that has never happened to Mayweather - hence he's called: the pretty boy. He's going to retire as the richest ever (he's already worth over $500 million), without taking too much punches. Why's it difficult to appreciate his genius?

That's not why he had Parkinson's, he's not the only boxer who took punches, it may have aggravated or facilitated it, but never the sole cause. Many boxers took far more punishment and are still healthy today. Of course I appreciate the genuine of running around for 12 rounds and getting paid millions. That Houdini shi*t right there grin

Mike Tyson was a brawler - not a pure boxer.

And who's in your top-5, if Mayweather isn't there, despite beating everyone in this generation, including at least 5 future hall of famers?

Agreed!! Tyson is a brawler but guess what? It's boxing!! Trading punches is a fundamental part. Foreman was also a brawler and so was Frazier.

Ali was a pure boxer, Lewis was a pure boxer, sugar Ray Leonard was a pure boxer.

My top five pound for pound are

Ali - His records in and out if the ring speaks for itself

Sugar ray Robinson - Over 200 fights with over 100 wins in an era where the sport was as brutal as it could be. They fought 15 rounds instead of 12

Joe Louis - The first black heavyweight champion. Fought in a very tough era which had the likes of Max Schmelling and Joe Bugner

Sugar Ray Leonard - had epic fights, great rings mastership, great footwork, technique and very entertaining

I don't know who I'm going to pick in 5th position but Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Hagler, Holmes,... come to mind by virtue of competition they faced.

Floyd's unbeaten record is not unique, he's yet to equal Marciano's record. Even Joe Calzaghe retired unbeaten.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Bruddah, why all the hate and vituperations against Floyd "Pretty Boy and Money" Mayweather? I thought you were pro-black, and you're now looking like a pawn in the white/Jewish man's social engineering. This is a guy who outsmarted white people and Jews in their own game (with the help of another black man, Al Haymon the ghost) - to get better deals and milk the sport like I do, while paying black sportsmen crumbs, with his own company. He refused to be a slave and became an owner (something difficult to do by black athletes). And all he's getting from you is hate, for opening up doors for the next generation of futuristic black youths and how to control their own destiny, and turn the campaign of calumny in the white owned media to money? I'm not proud of you, black man.

Tyson's peek a boo style? - you must be having a laugh, mate. Nothing in history is as effective as Mayweather's shoulder roll, combined with his counter-punching. Even Muhammed Ali's rope-a-do.pe was more effective than peek-a-boo. I'm a big fan of Mike Tyson and I'd probably say his era was when I started watching boxing and became a fan - but don't let nostalgia fool you, Tyson never had Mayweather's skillset, though watching him was fun and casual fans will like his style. Tyson wasn't even a saint as well...didn't he go to prison for ra.pe for 3 years (I believe 2pac met him in prison on Riker's Island)? The same guy, his wife, Robin Givens left for the dead after fvcking Brad Pitt loads of times while they were married (I believe Tyson caught Brad Pitt fvcking her on his own bed but he escaped lol). The same Tyson who got knocked out cold by a bum, Buster Douglas, no? The same cannibalistic Tyson who bit off Holyfield ear after getting pummeled in the ring (he lost to Holyfield twice)? The same Tyson who got knocked out cold by Lennox Lewis (though he was on a downhill then)? The same Tyson who got ra.ped for years by Don King and Bob Arum? STOP IT!!!! grin

Nobody respected Tyson - he almost single-handedly destroyed boxing by turning into a cannibal in the ring. Do you know how many people swore never to watch boxing again, after his show of shame? After that fight - boxing took a big hit. And if not for Latino/Hispanic fans, especially with the rise of Oscar Dela Hoya, the sweet science would've been dead time ago. Hence the heavyweight division died, and nobody is interested in that division again. Tyson caused that.

Mayweather remains the finest boxer the ring has ever seen and the smartest businessman in the world of sports ever. Compare his face to Mike Tyson's face to see who's more effective. Muthaphucking Tyson who speaks with a lisp and speech impediment. And most likely has brain damage for all the beating he took. STOP IT!!! grin

Hahahahahahaha hahahaha c'mon bruv I think you're being disrespectful to Tyson. It makes me wonder if you really were a tyson fan or had any interest in his fighting days.

By diminishing Tyson's achievements in the ring this way, I think you're failing to acknowledge the genius of legendary Cus de Amato and Kevin Rooney. Need I remind you Tyson was and still is the youngest heavyweight champion of all time. You also fail to recognise the efficacy of the peek-boo-style, a style tailor fitted for shorter fighters and nicely perfected (along with the bob-and - weave) by Tyson which enabled him chop down taller heavyweights like trees. The impact of Tyson's reign of terror in the HW division will far outlive anything Floyd has done or will ever do.

Tyson had great punching technique as well as dynamics (perhaps the best we will ever see). What about punching power? He was pulverising (only Foreman could stand up to him in this regard). This was a guy with very short hands but yet could connect with jaws of 6 ft 2+ guys with vicious hooks and uppercuts.

You're mixing the business side of things with ring affairs. Tyson was an idio*t outside the ring while mayweather (thanks to al haymon and his team) is a much smarter business man..... We live in different times but don't forget Tyson earned more money in his career than Floyd has so far... Then if you take inflation into account, the figure goes even higher.

Both men have their demons, I however couldn't care about that, I'm more concerned with ring matters, and tyson wins every time for me, his ferocity and brutality in the ring are part of the things which shaped my childhood.

Tyson has a lips, Mayweather can't read grin

You see! Everyman has his flaws.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2015
cap28:

You give Floyd too much credit, there is nothing great about his boxing style, okay he may be a good defensive boxer but in my book that doesn't make him a great boxer, I want to be entertained when I watch a fight not bored to death. Ali and Tyson are the greatest boxers of all time in my opinion because they brought something new to the game, they made boxing exciting, Tyson in his prime was a gladiator and is still respected and loved till today, no-one respects Mayweather and no-one will remember him 10 years from now. Fair enough Mayweather may be good with managing money but he uses his money to cover up his many flaws and insecurities, what do you do when you haven't got the looks, the charisma and the raw brutality - you focus on money. Money may cushion you from life's many hardships but it cant buy you class, love, intelligence or happiness, these are all the things Mayweather is lacking in spades. Who's to say that Mayweather will have money 10 years from now, with the way he squanders his money on strippers, hangers on and other leeches and parasites its fair to say that he may end up broke in the next couple of years along with all of the other great boxers.
Tyson and Mayweather are obviously in different weight categories but I still cant help comparing the two fighting styles, Tyson was aggressive, brutal, exciting and gladiatorial, Mayweather fights like a bi.tch, throws a punch and runs, theres nothing remotely interesting about his fighting style.

By the way Tyson perfected the art of hitting and not getting hit - remember his peek a boo style? Unlike Mayweather the b.itch, he never ran from his opponents, Greatest of All Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgoHp3smBc

Spot on!!! I couldn't agree more.

That's what I've tried explaining to ShymmexOBE but he's too much of a Mayweather fan to see it or admit it.

Don't get it twisted, I'm also a mayweather fan, there's something to appreciate about a brother who takes charge of his own career and dictate his terms but that's not to say I consider him to be in greatest.... far from it.

There's no gainsaying the fact Mayweather is very good at what he does but do I enjoy his fight style? No! Has he done anything spectacular to earn him a spot in the top 5 all time greats? No!! (Unbeaten records are not what make greats, as a matter of fact, most great fighters lost fights in their career) Is his style entertaining or good for boxing? An emphatic No!! and I think it is downright blasphemous when Mayweather fans try to place him in the same league of Ali.

The era of Ali, Foreman et al was before my time but I was old enough to watch Tyson in his prime years and I can tell you for sure that Mayweather is no where near the reputation, acclaim or recognition Tyson had... This guy was a terrorist who had opponents shi*tting themselves before fights, so big was Tyson's popularity that my mum (who detests violence) knew who he was. Even the tyson haircut was big.

Boxing has obviously changed a lot, the fact there are no more big pay per view bouts is testament to this. These days running around the ring is considered "strategy" if you ask most boxing heads to speaks objectively, they'd tell you it's bullshi*t. I guess I'm not a fan of today's boxing, the sport died 10 years ago.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, you just have to protect yourself at all times, even if you can manipulate power. Never get too lackadaisical to end up slipping, when it comes to these Jezebels and daughters of Eve cos most of them look like angels, but beneath all the facade is pure evil. And when the chips are down, they destroy folks faster than ebola virus. grin

It's all a business move - you sign an agreement with the cash cow - and keep the real one on the side for the fun of life. Win win for everyone. Life's short, my nyggah - puzzy ain't got no name.

The ghost of King George V shouted me and he said, "Son, I shalt knight thee by year 2020" - and I ran with that. grin

grin grin
Politics / Re: Egypt's Morsi Sentenced To Death by 50calibre(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2015
Just like Mubarak, he is going to appeal and the sentence would most likely be reduced. However, he is looking at very prolonged jail time.

The Egypian system can be very brutal & unforgiving, they've made a scape goat of Morsi and his Muslim brotherhood brothers. A clear warning to others that Islamic fundamentalism won't be tolerated.

1 Like

Family / Re: Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband by 50calibre(m): 9:51am On May 16, 2015
Rap*e doesn't apply in this context. There's nothing like a husband rap*ing his wife. It's his wife.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 9:50am On May 16, 2015
cap28:

And yet his woman cheated on him with his "friends" Nelly and 50 cent.

Money may be the only thing according to him but it sure can't buy you love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc9SYG5iQoM

Most rich folks are not looking for love, they're looking for puss*y which money can certainly buy.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 9:47am On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Black mamba never dies, yano - pause/no-homo. grin And you know whenever the black mamba gets his game-face on, he'll tear that ar.se up with vengeance, especially after popping viagra. He definitely can't let that fresh and tasty wine waste away like that without putting in supreme work and blowing her back out. But viagra has to always come in handy - pauseeee/no-homo. grin

It's obvious she's in it for the money and power/fame. Hopefully, he signed a pre-nup and he doesn't get too carried away cos that will be another man destroyed by a woman with the power of the pum. Can't trust these heaux, man. And are you the younger guy isn't cotching somewhere right about now, smiling and licking his lips with this jackpot? Ol'boy he's going to get rich quick and still share the pum, from time to time, with the gullible old man - talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. grin

Brev, this is the ghost of King George V - British Chivalry right there. grin

Hahahaha

I don't think pre-nup is really needed in Nigeria, any man with money or power can manipulate the court system to get whatever he wants. There will definitely be a younger guy on the side putting in work from time to time. grin

Lol the black ghost of king George V? I hear you. grin
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 11:56pm On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Bwahahahahaha. Floyd Mayweather lied, especially for a guy whose alias is Money. Cash rules everything and it's all about the Benjamins/dead-president.

Are you sure he can beat that pum to smithereens, at his age? Then again, he should be able to keep viagra handy - if not, he might end up dying on that pum if he tries too hard. grin

Just look at all the ancient men at the wedding of a man around their age marrying someone around their granddaughter's age - hysterical. Certain things should be done low-key, without funfair.

Lol never say never, the black mamba never dies and if he needs any assistance, I'm sure Viagra or even traditional Viagra would come in handy.

Exactly! This wedding is so hilarious, I pity the girl and her family. She probably doesn't intend to spend the rest of her life with this man. Just amass as much fortune as she can in the next five years, divorce his as*s and move back to her country to enjoy with a younger guy.

Besides I noticed your new moniker, you've given yourself a new title... at this rate, you'd soon be a lord grin
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 11:35pm On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol. Ultra-black Hugh Hefner on steroids. grin

Trust me, that's why I always tell nyggahs to chase that paper and once they get loads of it, they can pick any chic - money, power, respect.

Money unlocks women/puzzy faster than Lewis Hamilton at Silverstone. grin

Hahahaha true talk!

According to Floyd Mayweather "Money isn't everything, money is the only thing" grin

It must be a horrible experience for this lady though, imagine having to sleep with this type of man all the time with zero attraction and the man won't take it easy with her, he will totally go ham on that puss*y grin

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 11:23pm On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Dayummmm!! grin

How did she kiss that without throwing up? grin

Beauty and the beast. grin

I swear!! This is the real beauty and the beast

There's no end to what most women are willing to do for money.
Politics / Re: Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) by 50calibre(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2015
Damn!! This is a freak show

Things ladies go through for money.

I never knew beastiality was legal in Nigeria. Imagine that lady looking up to that face at night. grin

Even the look on Buhari's face is epic

1 Like

Politics / Re: Dangote,Femi Otedola,El-Rufai,Bride's Parents,others At Oshiomhole's Weding(Pics by 50calibre(m): 9:12pm On May 15, 2015
Damn!! I doff my hat to women, being a woman is not easy, I swear!!

How would a pretty woman allow an ape-like creature like this mount her at night. He's also a dwarf loool

Imagine this lady looking up during a love-making session to see a dreadful face slamming away at her.. Shiiiiiiiit!

That's the power of money right there.

This is the real definition of beauty and the beast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 196 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.