|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,797,864 members, 6,685,012 topics. Date: Friday, 21 January 2022 at 08:33 AM
|20 Powerful Healing Benefits Of Celery Juice For Hair, Skin And Health by chop4naija: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2019|
We have outlined 20 Powerful Healing Benefits of Celery Juice for Hair, Skin, and Health. The humble celery is commonly used in combination with other ingredients to create highly nutritious, raw, fresh juices. But did you know that pure celery juice has unique regenerating and healing properties which are enhanced when it’s juiced on its own?
It contains almost all essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and stocked up energy, which helps in regulating the natural as well as optimal functions of our body collectively.
Here are 20 benefits of celery
1. Prevents Cancer: Keep cancer at bay by drinking celery juice every day. There are 8 types of anti-cancer substances present in the juice that can heal cancer in a number of ways. The phytonutrient content stops free radicals from destroying the DNA of our cells, and so on.
2. Heals The Gut: Celery contains special nutrients in its fibers which are realized when the vegetable is juiced. These nutrients promote optimal functioning of the digestive tract by acting as a natural laxative and relaxing the nerves that have been damaged by unhealthy lifestyle and food choices. Celery juice is soothing and cooling to the digestive tract, which aids any inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. This is perfect for anyone with IBS, Crohn’s, colon cancer, etc.
The exceptionally high percentage of natural sodium in celery can really help you absorb and utilize the rest of the food you consume throughout the day. The enzymes in celery work to raise the hydrochloric acid in the stomach so that food digests easily and doesn’t ferment.
3. Hydrates Skin: The juice extracted from celery is high in water as 95% of the weight of the plant is water. Hence, drinking celery juice in a regular manner can fulfill our daily requirements of water and keeps our skin cells hydrated. As a result, we get soft and supple skin.
4. Prevents Skin Damage And Other Disorders:
Water and antioxidant content of the juice are also good for purifying our body and making our skin clearer. Antioxidants are basically ‘free radical scavengers’, which make our body free from toxins and prevent our skin cells from getting damaged. On the other hand, water facilitates the elimination of those toxins as well as other waste materials from our body. Consequently, we can stay away from a number of skin disorders.
5. Strengthens The Bones: Have you ever noticed that celery actually looks like bones? Celery is very high in calcium and silicon which help to regenerate and strengthen damaged bones. Celery is also high in Vitamin K which plays an important role in bone metabolism and protection against osteoporosis.
6. Aids In Weight Loss: Shedding extra weight also becomes easy and hassle-free with the regular intake of celery juice. It is extremely low in calories and very filling at the same time. Therefore, it keeps our appetite under check and helps us lose weight successfully.
7. Treats Insomnia: Sleep disorder or insomnia can also be treated effectively with celery juice. The magnesium as well as essential oil content of the juice imposes a soothing effect on our nerves and. As a result, we can relax and enjoy sound sleep
9 Kinds of Fish You Should Never Eat
8. Keeps Skin Young: Celery juice is loaded with vitamin A, B, C, K, niacin, and folate, which are essential for repairing skin damages as well as keeping up the health of our skin. These vitamins also help in producing collagen and nourishing our skin. Therefore, we get smooth, young and wrinkle-free skin.
9. Purifies The Blood Stream: Celery contains a particular compound called coumarins which promotes the activity of white blood cells and assists the vascular system. This helps the blood flow, reduces blood pressure and purifies the bloodstream. Many diseases of the nervous and blood systems are due to the inorganic elements and salts taken in by the body in the form of dead processed products. Celery is rich in Vitamin A, C, iron, and magnesium. This combination helps to nourish and rebuild red blood cells and aids those suffering from rheumatism, high blood pressure, arthritis, and anemia.
10. Ensures Glowing Skin: There are numerous minerals present in celery juice. These include calcium, potassium, magnesium, selenium, and so on. Regular intake of these minerals can result in bright and glowing skin.
11. Lowers Cholesterol: Celery juice is an excellent natural remedy for lowering the cholesterol levels in our body. It contains a chemical compound that has positive effects on reducing the bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) in our bloodstream. It also boosts the secretion of bile or steroid acids which is helpful in lowering cholesterol too. The juice extracted only from 2 stalks of celery can decrease our cholesterol levels up to 7 points.
Read full article here: https://chop4naija.tv/20-powerful-healing-benefits-celery-juice/
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46