Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination (28755 Views)

Senate Forced Into Emergency Closed-door Session As Ndume Stages Walkout Of Plen / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List / Fresh Cracks In PDP Over Lawan, Goje, Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by TeeeVeeee: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume (APC, Borno South) has disagreed with the position taken by the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) that Senate Leader Ahmad Lawan should be the next Senate President.

The Adams Oshiomhole-led APC national leadership recommended Lawan to President Muhammadu Buhari during a meeting with senators-elect for the 9th Assembly in Abuja on Monday night.

Meanwhile, Ndume, a former Senate Leader, said while briefing journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, that the APC leadership's nomination of Lawan is a wrong decision as APC senators-elect were not consulted. Lawan noted that majority of the APC senators are unhappy with the decision, while adding that the APC leadership’s decision did not reflect the true position of what President Buhari wants.

Ndume said he had consulted with President Buhari and APC national leader Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, and they both gave him  the go-ahead to contest for the Senate President’s position.

https://enewsnigeria.com/senate-president-crisis-brews-in-apc-as-ndume-kicks-over-lawans-nomination/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by amaniro: 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have this feeling that APC will make the same mistake they made in 2015.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by MadeInTokyo: 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
amaniro:
They will make a more bigger mistake, Oshiomole has introduced his divisive politics among the incoming APC senators

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by iammo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
smiley

Ndume should calm down and let Dr Lawan run the 9th Senate.

Ndume's temperament as displayed in the 7th and 8th assembly with Jonathan and Saraki respectively isn't needed to lead a multi ethnic, multi religious and divers institution like the Senate, Dr Lawan is more liberal and as the majority leader of the 8th assembly, related with Saraki's camp, the opposition and the Presidency seemlessly

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by ChristianNorth: 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
iammo:
smiley
Ndume should calm down and let Dr Lawan run the 9th Senate
He has the right to contest and he will.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by oilPUSSY(f): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
May disunity keep falling on them till June.. grin grin cheesy grin

43 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by iammo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
ChristianNorth:

I like seeing PDP supporter/ piglets and retired IPOB miscreants with monikers impersinating other tribe Loosing sleep and getting worked up about APC internal affairs.

Sure Ndume can try his luck, Saraki and Ekweremadu tried theirs at the 8th assembly and Buhari retired saraki while Ekweramadu's Foreign Asset got confisticated.. 80 of the decamping Saraki supporters couldn't get a reelection and both Saraki and his body guard Dino Malaye both have a pending criminal cases.

Atleast Buhari would be nice unlike Obasanjo that teargassed and eliminated Okadigbo and kept on changing Southeastern Senate President like houseboys... from Ken nnamani, adolphus wabara, Pius Anyim

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by seunmsg(m): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
APC can conduct a shadow election between Lawan and Ndume. The winner will be the undisputed candidate of the party and both of them must agree to support whoever emerges. I’m not in support of Oshiomole singlehandedly imposing Lawan without the input of senators-elect. Let the party guide the senators-elect to choose the senate president from the north east and not impose so as to avoid bad blood or formation of unholy alliance with the disgruntled PDP senators who are seriously seeking how to derail the Buhari second term presidency.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by HalepSimon: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
seunmsg:
APC can conduct a shadow election between Lawan and Ndume. The winner will be the undisputed candidate of the party and both of them must agree to support whoever emerges. I’m not in support of Oshiomole singlehandedly imposing Lawan without the input of senators-elect. Let the party guides the senators-elect to choose the senate president from the north east and not impose so as to avoid bad blood or formation of unholy alliance with the disgruntled PDP senators who are seriously seeking how to derail the Buhari second term presidency.

According Ndume, he consulted with Tinubu and Buhari, and they encouraged him to view for the position. So why is Oshiomole behaving like a bull in a Chinese shop?

As far as I am concerned, the two are qualified for the post. If it was zoned to the North East as being speculated, then they should be allowed to internally agree on who should step down for each other, and not trying to bully Ndume.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Amuocha: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ndume should do the needful.

Danjuma Goje is there grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by ChristianNorth: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
iammo:

I like seeing PDP supporter/ piglets and retired IPOB miscreants with monica's impersinating other tribe Loosing sleep and getting worked up about APC internal affairs.

Sure Ndume can try his luck, Saraki and Ekweremadu tried theirs at the 8th assembly and Buhari retired saraki while Ekweramadu's Foreign Asset got confisticated.. 80 of the decamping Saraki supporters couldn't get a reelection and both Saraki and his body guard Dino Malaye both have a pending criminal cases.

Atleast Buhari would be nice unlike Obasanjo that teargassed and eliminated Okadigbo
Too much ewedu is damaging your brain

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by senatordave1(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
ChristianNorth:

But guy,why must you impose apc always? Rest small na

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by senatordave1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Too much ewedu is damaging your brain
This kind of comment is empty,childish and petty.one minute you are sounding very intelligent only to damage it with such uncouth comment

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
All of una head no correct.
Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by quickberry(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Fake news

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by ChristianNorth: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
We need a Senate President that can work with our president-in-waiting, Atiku, so Goje is the deal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by smatt1711: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
I need a physiotherapist in onitsha to work on my aged mom who finds it difficult to walk properly, pleas contact me of you are one and wants to do there job 08.067..87722..7.call or whatsapp
Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by punisha: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
shocked

It isn't difficult na.
They should allow senator Dangote to handle the first plenary session. If not for Ali, Ndume won't have even been recognized to take prayers...

PS... They should kee themselves. It will save us the drama.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by senatordave1(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
HalepSimon:

According Ndume, he consulted with Tinubu and Buhari, and they encouraged him to view for the position. So why is Oshiomole behaving like a bull in a Chinese shop?

As far as I am concerned, the two are qualified for the post. If it was zoned to the North East as being speculated, then they should be allowed to internally agree on who should step down for each other, and not trying to bully Ndume.
I agree with you.plus i think this is also speculations.there's no way that categorically said apc settled for lawan or ndume kicked against it.all these are speculations akin to that of igberetv.what we are sure of is that both ndume and lawan has declared their intentions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
The repeat of 2015 is about to unfold.
But anyways, fingers crossed.
Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Agbaletu: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
amaniro:
100% sure!
PDP will teach them another bitter lesson.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by bonechamberlain(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
God forbid, buhari, tinubu and the so called cabal want a stooge in the senate. undecided the looks of lawan alone shows a yes sir man angry
Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Marty70s: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
***BREAKING NEWS***

THE ERA OF 'I NO BE IGBO' IS GONE:

IFEANYI OKOWA ASSURES ANIOMAS OF IGBO LANGUAGE STUDIES IN SCHOOLS

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has promised Anioma teachers and youths that he would erase any form of Anioma dialect
teaching in schools in his administration.

Ifeanyi Okowa lauded the important role played by Anioma
men and women towards the UNITY of ANIOMA people.
The governor said his administration would sidetracked
ANIOMA -- Ukwuani/Ndokwa, Enuani, Ika -- dialect teaching in
primary schools, and bring forth IGBO CENTRAL LANGUAGE
(Igbo izugbe) in all schools in Anioma as to bring out Anioma
people's Igbo beautiful nuances and values.
He made the pledge yesterday while speaking with PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP) and IZU ANIOMA (IA) team at Asaba, Delta state capital to resuscitate IGBO language, tradition and culture in the region. "I appreciate our coming here, but we have to thank CHUKWUOKIKEABIAMA for success at poll, "Okowa said. The peoples Democratic party and IZU ANIOMA team lauded him for the initiative and assured the governor of ever ready to taking the IGBO LANGUAGE STUDIES to their respective locals.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by koladebrainiac(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by ChristianNorth: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
senatordave1:

But guy,why must you impose apc always? Rest small na
We want a Senate President that defend our democracy and work for the good people of Nigeria and Goje is the man.

We are supporting him with our 45 Senators. Ndume, Lawan and Goje will share APC 64 votes. When they kill themselves finish, we will kindly give Goje our 45 votes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by MobilityExpress: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
I have a hunch feeling that this Lawan will turn out to be another Saraki if APC makes him Senate President. APC shooting themselves in the foot since 200 BC. Ndume, as a party loyalist, I think would serve APC better than Lawan. Lawan seems an elite aristocrat like Saraki, that once he doesn't get his way or has issues with the NWC he might defect to PDP, as he is already friendly with the PDP caucus. But what do I know, this is mere speculation. Maybe it's a wrong speculation. Nobody should quote me with insult please. I have not eaten lunch grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by babyfaceafrica: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
We dont care
Re: Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination by Runaway: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Party that can not manager her internal crisis, wants to manage Naija. Where is Amechi, that said all APC members are 'God' fearing. APC make una fear God oooo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crowd Hails Peter Obi As He Visits Jos, Plateau State Unannounced / Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation / Yomi Faparusi "Fapas" For US Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.