Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice (2312 Views)

Nigerians Dig Up, Eat Contaminated Chicken Buried By Customs In Rivers (Photos) / Nigerians Babies Die From Contaminated Syrup / Doctors, What Is The Effect Of Taking Two Bottles Of Star Bear Every Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by harakiri(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2010
Hello all,

I'm not sure were to post this so i'll post both in the general and health section.I recently bought four bottles of Smirnoff Ice.On opening one, i experienced a funny unusual taste and as i examined the bottle carefully, i observed some odd looking residue at the bottom of the bottle.I examined the remaining 3 bottles and saw the same residue/sediments at the bottom.

I'm not a regular drinker of Smirnoff Ice so i don't know if this is a normal phenomenon.If it isn't, then i intend to sue Guinness and i might need some pointers/advice.

Thanks.
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by GoldCircle: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2010
Are u sure these weren't bottles of Palm wine? and did you not see 'SHAKE WELL BEFORE DRINKING' on the bottle?? if not, then maybe you should take them over to a lab. scientist and then subsequently take them to your lawyer.

Perhaps you may be on your way to some good fortune. . . grin grin
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by zenatta: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
how old were they? I found out that everything expires even, water in my opinion. Ok, wine matures but smirnoff isn't. Another thing, where did you buy the drinks
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by tpiah: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2010
Are u sure these weren't bottles of Palm wine?

quite possible.

poster, next time shake the bottle small to disperse the other ingredients.
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by aieromon(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2010
First step is to carry out laboratory tests to confirm the presence of POISONOUS substance/s.
Please,permit me to laugh at the palm wine comment.ROTFLMAO
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by greenlabel: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2010
Well this is not in anyway funny to me. I think i agree to wat Goldcircle said. Dear poster, i have been a victim of this kind of situation, and i tell it to you that till today i regret how i went about the issue. to cut the long story short, i went to guiness, and as if i was under some kinda spell wewn i got into that office, i tendered the bottle of multina and then all i got in compensation are biros and caps. Please go to the lab, invite your lawyer, video cover the content of the bottle, take photographs of it. Do all this for the sake of having an evidence and then go there with you lawyer for a good compensation. if not, forget the stuff, because they are gonna collect it, telling you they wanna go examine it and before u know it, its been thrown into the funance. If you go about this well, you will be on your way to getting millions for compensation. Goodluck with that.
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by tpiah: 2:13am On Sep 19, 2010
If you go about this well, you will be on your way to getting millions for compensation

in nigeria or where?
Re: 3 Bottles Of Contaminated Smirnoff Ice by charlie44nike: 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
Sorry for getting into this, I know my opinion is coming in late. But i think that the stuff might be fake, you should have asked the bartender for more bottles to know if the stuff was made in ALABA or OLUWOLE or ONITSHA. If all the bottles of smirnoff in that bar is like that, then the bar must have bought fake drinks by mistake or knowingly because its cheaper. Your investigation should have started there at the bar. Just my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

FG Punishes Resident Doctors For 106 Days And Counting / Hepatitis B: Protect Your Liver- You're Dead Without It! / Negative Effects Of Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.