Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari (30763 Views)

APC NEC Concluded As Osinbajo Leads Birthday Song For Gbajabiamila & Sanwo-Olu / Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu At Homecoming Reception For Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Okorocha Organises Special Reception For Gbajabiamila In South East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Baroba(m): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2019
See how stupid Nigerians are, as if selecting speaker from your tribe or ethnic group will change your miserable lives....

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by LegitBoyy: 10:27am On Mar 27, 2019
Rizstar:
The most greedy, conscienceless and manipulative people on earth are the afongi's. They must have it all no matter the consequences.

You people should stop acting like bitter losers, this is politics.

Between 2011 and 2015
Deputy Senate President : South East
Deputy Speaker : South East.

South West had none.

You didn't come here to cry foul.

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by RockHard: 10:31am On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=Maduawuchukwu post=77026746][/quote]
OK. Even if Yaradua was the president, doesn't change the fact that the number 2 (GEJ), 3 (David Mark), and 4 (Patricia Etteh) were all Christians at a point an heaven did not fall! Both Mark and Etteh assumed office on June 6th, 2007. Etteh was later removed on corruotion grounds not for bwing a Christian. So my point still stands.

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by MrBONE2(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2019
CunnyLinguist:
President - NW
Vice President - SW
Senate President - NE
Deputy Senate President - SS
Speaker - SW

HouseBoy General - ? grin grin grin

[img]https://2.bp..com/-ze8eBAS_CEA/Vuh0bTCPKZI/AAAAAAAA9MA/90xy5wNneTgf9S3czjpjIWMIDK8hsZOGw/s1600/21-days-6.gif[/img]

HouseBoy General ,Cleaner and sweeper SOUTH EAST grin

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Duru009(m): 10:38am On Mar 27, 2019
southeast finish !!!!!
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by EvilMetahuman: 10:53am On Mar 27, 2019
sogodihno:

keep quiet, in APC government, u won't get anything, wait till 2098 when PDP take over, but as at now, shingbai! u won't get.
abagworo is pro apc

take it easy on him.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by EvilMetahuman: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2019
Abagworo:
So what will Igbos get? APC is beginning to piss me off
this shouldnt piss you off. you supposed to see it coming.

though you might be for apc, but you kinsmen hate apc.

in democracy, minority will have their say and majority will have their way.

while minorities like yourself are having your say, majority of your kinsmen had their way. overwhelming majority at that.

so you cant blame apc.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Pacesetter123(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2019
yuanexchanger:
Always between the Hausa/fulani and the yoruba. we sell chinese yuan.
Dats why Gbajabiamilla or any oda south Westerner will fail woefully.Hw can dey have VP n now looking for speakership position?For the sake of peace, equity n fair play,de speakership position should be zoned to SS or SE.Else.......
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by raumdeuter: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2019
Amitez:

Again, Gbaja will lose ... HOR and Senate leadership can both not be Muslims. Simple balance of power. You can argue with your spirit but any Christian candidate will receive overwhelming support from PDP. Do not also forget the Dogara factor. APC votes will be split into 60/40 while PDP will break the expected tie.

David mark and Patricia Etteh were once head of Senate and hor
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Kennydoc(m): 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2019
Amitez:

Again, Gbaja will lose ... HOR and Senate leadership can both not be Muslims. Simple balance of power. You can argue with your spirit but any Christian candidate will receive overwhelming support from PDP. Do not also forget the Dogara factor. APC votes will be split into 60/40 while PDP will break the expected tie.

President - Muslim
Senate President - Muslim
Speaker - Muslim

Let's not forget that Acting CJN is now Muslim.
All the heads of security outfit apart from Navy are Muslims.

Would Northern Muslims and MURIC members have accepted the situation if the reverse was the case?
That's one of the reasons why PDP is far better than APC. PDP is always sensitive about the balance of religion and geopolitical zones in power sharing.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by olagbola45(m): 12:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
LegitBoyy:

You people should stop acting like bitter losers, this is politics.
Between 2011 and 2015 Deputy Senate President : South East Deputy Speaker : South East.
South West had none.
You didn't come here to cry foul.
you dey mind those bastard
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Joevics(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Oshigun:

bruv, whatever you are smoking must be very potent because you are in dreamland. Dogara my azz. Him and Saraki will now need to fight for personal survival because PMB, when it gets personal, takes no prisoners. Just ask Dasuki who has been in jail for the past 4 years. Trust me, dem no born Dogara well to try meddle. He is a nonentity now with no political clout at all beyond his constituency. His 15 minutes of fame is over and i think PMB is not done with him and Saraki for how both personally sabotaged his first term with their disruptive and pro-PDP leadership of the upper and lower legislative houses.
This was how gou guys ranted when he decamped.
Take it easy boi.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by OlawaleSmarter1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2019
South West accepted their fate when they had none during GEJ tenure. Our brothers from the East should accept their fate too, until PDP take Over
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by ojbaba95(m): 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
Any spirit of Saraki this time....die die !!!
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by BRRR: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
LegitBoyy:

You all should stop whipping religion and tribal cards when you want please...I'm not a fan of the ruling government but in democracy, I know the majority will always have their way and it is not about their personal religion.

We should all cut APC some slack. Yes they are evil but are we expecting they zone these elective posts to areas they don't have supporters? It is a winner takes all Democracy please. This is not nepotism,that's how politics I'd everywhere, we just happen to be in Nigeria where there a lot of Cultural, religious divides.

Between 2011 and 2015

President - SS
VP- North
SP-NC
DSP - SE
Speaker- North
DSP- SE

So what exactly is the point? Should APC have zoned the SP/ SPEAKER to SE? It is only reasonable they zoned the Deputy SP and Deputy speaker to SS and NC where they have supporters.
w ould still say this if it was the other way round ? Even with the obvious lopsided appointments ? If GEJ did that am sure we would have had 2nd civil war. Am wont argue with u but if it looks right ur eyes. What will i say ? U have right to ur opinion no matter how shallow it may look
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by sharpsecret: 12:41am On Mar 28, 2019
sogodihno:

keep quiet, in APC government, u won't get anything, wait till 2098 when PDP take over, but as at now, shingbai! u won't get.
my joy is dat their nomination wont take away d hausa begger at d bustop or the agbero and agbo sellers at d bustop,it wont provide more security for ur tribe than igbos,na una bokoharam go still kill pass igbo,.it wont make hausa more educated than igbos,we are too strong to let nigerias dirty politics bring us down,imagine say na hausa dey receive dis kind marginalization dat igbos receive,.wont make u better or brilliant dan an igbo,.not nominating an igbo wont make u betta dan igbos.u dont want igbo leaders nd yet u wont campaign to let igbos go
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by sogodihno: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2019
sharpsecret:
my joy is dat their nomination wont take away d hausa begger at d bustop or the agbero and agbo sellers at d bustop,it wont provide more security for ur tribe than igbos,na una bokoharam go still kill pass igbo,.it wont make hausa more educated than igbos,we are too strong to let nigerias dirty politics bring us down,imagine say na hausa dey receive dis kind marginalization dat igbos receive,.wont make u better or brilliant dan an igbo,.not nominating an igbo wont make u betta dan igbos.u dont want igbo leaders nd yet u wont campaign to let igbos go

u no get Sense! so, I should be the one that will campaign u should go,and so what's the work of ur useless senators, it seem ur brain has bn looted by PDP too.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by sharpsecret: 10:27am On Mar 28, 2019
sogodihno:

u no get Sense! so, I should be the one that will campaign u should go,and so what's the work of ur useless senators, it seem ur brain has bn looted by PDP too.
ur brain don decay...my own be say without senate president,vice president,president,igbo states still manage to be d most educated states in nigeria with d highest passes in waec evry year..dats my joy so u can go to hell
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by sogodihno: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2019
sharpsecret:
ur brain don decay...my own be say without senate president,vice president,president,igbo states still manage to be d most educated states in nigeria with d highest passes in waec evry year..dats my joy so u can go to hell

lolz, most educated state indeed! no wonder ur region is useless, no IGR, no one stay dia, the only thing u rate high is HIV Prevalence. useless states. wen I become a senator, I will Convert those ur useless states to one state, stop sucking our allocation, without producing anything in return, barren people in barren region.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by sharpsecret: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
sogodihno:

lolz, most educated state indeed! no wonder ur region is useless, no IGR, no one stay dia, the only thing u rate high is HIV Prevalence. useless states. wen I become a senator, I will Convert those ur useless states to one state, stop sucking our allocation, without producing anything in return, barren people in barren region.
u said d only tin we rate high is HIV prevalence,ok lemme tel u somtin is we rate high,we rate high in education,google is there 4 u to use,google d most educated states in nigeria,.we rate high in enterpreneurship,we rate high in music,sports,infact we make up 95% of super eagles and super falcons team,.as for IGR ,i wil be happy if we giv FG 0% because ur state dat hav bin giving 100% IGR stil live in abject poverty..no peace,bokoharam everyday,Go to ur state and visit an IDP camp,u wil c people picking sour food frm d floor.u giv d highest IGR to FG but ur pple live in IDP camp..mumu
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by modik(m): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Abagworo:
So what will Igbos get? APC is beginning to piss me off

Sign of myopism.

You were warned of your mindless and unreasonable addent support for a blood thirsty and holiganist party but you called us names then.

How market now cos Okwe akuo la.

Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2019
BRRR:
and u think all these things are right? I marvel at this stupid country but more shocked at peoples stupidity in accepting what is not right. Why should PMB be intimidating a branch of government that is as independent as the branch he controls? I hope u know that the 3 arms of government are independent of each other. But that's not the case in Nigeria. The executive want to hijack the legislature and judiciary. He have succeeded in the judiciary. If he continue like this then we are heading to tyranny. I weep for this country nd more for the gullible citizens who have come to accept nonsense because the president is from there region. I can't be part of it

You must be Igbo because everything for them is about sentiments and never reality. What intimidation are you talking about? we practice the same political system as the USA which is deemed one of the greatest homes of democracy. Even there the Party with the majority seeks to produce the head of the legislative houses while the President, through lobbying and not "intimidation" or abuse of power, will always attempt to gain a senate President and speaker that will be a governance asset rather than a hindrance. It is even more important Buhari gains legislative leaders he can work productively with given what we all saw Saraki and Dogara put him and the ruling Party through to the detriment of Nigeria's progress.

You guys are incapable of grasping these simple principles of political synergy, i.e various arms of government working well together because deliberate effort made that possible, since you will never understand politics to be about permanent interest and working for the outcome you want. Shout all day you hate Buhari and the APC yet when they win and gain majority control of the Senate and House of Rep you still put your mouth in their business whereas worldwide, and in sophisticated climes, everyone accepts it is about those with majority mandate getting their way and say.You PDP fans and sympathisers , especially those from the SE who rejected the APC 100%, should show manly dignity and shut up over who APC choose to be leader of the Senate and HOR. The matter no concern una.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 02, 2019
Stillthebest:

Keep hallucinating and seeing mirage

Sharrap !!!! Stop the childish show of sentiments. In which Nation, even the most advanced like the UK and USA, is lobbying not used by the Party with the majority so that the head of government, as much as possible, gains 'friendly' political leaders who can help the government succeed overall? Buhari and the APC should mumu again so the next four years, and final term for PMB, should be like the last where Saraki and Dogara automatically shot down any good proposal from the APC just to make the Party looks bad to the benefit of the PDP? You are a joker.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 02, 2019
LegitBoyy:

You all should stop whipping religion and tribal cards when you want please...I'm not a fan of the ruling government but in democracy, I know the majority will always have their way and it is not about their personal religion.

We should all cut APC some slack. Yes they are evil but are we expecting they zone these elective posts to areas they don't have supporters? It is a winner takes all Democracy please. This is not nepotism,that's how politics I'd everywhere, we just happen to be in Nigeria where there a lot of Cultural, religious divides.

Between 2011 and 2015

President - SS
VP- North
SP-NC
DSP - SE
Speaker- North
DSP- SE

So what exactly is the point? Should APC have zoned the SP/ SPEAKER to SE? It is only reasonable they zoned the Deputy SP and Deputy speaker to SS and NC where they have supporters.

Best post here and nothing but respect for poster. No fan of APC but still respectful of democracy and its sacrosanct tenet of majority rule as others , damaged by sentimental outlook, are unable to accept. After a hard-fought victory that saw APC gain majority control of the legislative houses, the Party should then mumu and let anyone be SP and Speaker HOR so another round of Buhari versus Saraki/Dogara plays out to the detriment of Nigeria?

Sorry to say but the political maturity of Nigerians, especially those from the SE, is very poor overall. Nowhere in the world, even in the most advanced democracies, is politics practiced without lobbying and horse-trading that sees ruling Parties , with the majority, trying to control every arm of government particularly to influence the emergence of leaders they can work with proactively with in the government of the day.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by wowcatty: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2019
This is why I love Apc, they always bring home the bacon, unlike awon omo ale, omo papanlugi akotileta akobata eru aye, omo odogo in Pdp.
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by BRRR: 8:31am On Apr 02, 2019
Oshigun:

You must be Igbo because everything for them is about sentiments and never reality. What intimidation are you talking about? we practice the same political system as the USA which is deemed one of the greatest homes of democracy. Even there the Party with the majority seeks to produce the head of the legislative houses while the President, through lobbying and not "intimidation" or abuse of power, will always attempt to gain a senate President and speaker that will be a governance asset rather than a hindrance. It is even more important Buhari gains legislative leaders he can work productively with given what we all saw Saraki and Dogara put him and the ruling Party through to the detriment of Nigeria's progress.

You guys are incapable of grasping these simple principles of political synergy, i.e various arms of government working well together because deliberate effort made that possible, since you will never understand politics to be about permanent interest and working for the outcome you want. Shout all day you hate Buhari and the APC yet when they win and gain majority control of the Senate and House of Rep you still put your mouth in their business whereas worldwide, and in sophisticated climes, everyone accepts it is about those with majority mandate getting their way and say.You PDP fans and sympathisers , especially those from the SE who rejected the APC 100%, should show manly dignity and shut up over who APC choose to be leader of the Senate and HOR. The matter no concern una.
keep showing ur shallow way of reasoning go on nd parade ur ethical rascality. U don't even know between what's right and reality. Nd where have you been since this post was posted ? You are one of the "lets tag alongs" lol late comer. Even in reasoning u came late too just like ur comment. I don't have to tell u my tribe because its not about tribe, its about the unity, equity and harmony in this country. U must be one of those people who go about trying to see if the person commenting is hausa, igbo or yoruba, so that u can call him or her afonja or ipod, Igbo, developers etc. Well those are not the only tribe in Nigeria. U better shape ur tribal head
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2019
BRRR:
keep showing ur shallow way of reasoning go on nd parade ur ethical rascality. U don't even know between what's right and reality. Nd where have you been since this post was posted ? You are one of the "lets tag alongs" lol late comer. Even in reasoning u came late too just like ur comment. I don't have to tell u my tribe because its not about tribe, its about the unity, equity and harmony in this country. U must be one of those people who go about trying to see if the person commenting is hausa, igbo or yoruba, so that u can call him or her afonja or ipod, Igbo, developers etc. Well those are not the only tribe in Nigeria. U better shape ur tribal head

Looks like I hit a nerve. Definitely Igbo. Sentimental to a fault. Dispute my reasoning or get lost. As I said before, even those credited with creating the democratic politics we practice do what APC is doing so you and others need to shut up and suck it up. Next time get involved to secure the outcome you want rather than sit on the sideline insulting everyone only to then go grovelling to same people after they have put in the hard work and won elections.

Why should APC not produce leaders of the upper and lower house when they have the majority in both? When has PDP ever squandered that chance in 16 years of ruling? Also why should Buhari not use legitimate lobbying to try and assist the emergence of SP and Speaker HOR that will make his work easier rather than the debacle that played out last time under Saraki and Dogara to the detriment of Nigeria? Can you guys ever leave sentiments and politics of hate/bitterness aside and think like men for once in your life?
Re: APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari by Stillthebest: 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
Oshigun:

Sharrap !!!! Stop the childish show of sentiments. In which Nation, even the most advanced like the UK and USA, is lobbying not used by the Party with the majority so that the head of government, as much as possible, gains 'friendly' political leaders who can help the government succeed overall? Buhari and the APC should mumu again so the next four years, and final term for PMB, should be like the last where Saraki and Dogara automatically shot down any good proposal from the APC just to make the Party looks bad to the benefit of the PDP? You are a joker.

Lol what are you saying?

Sowore Presidential Posters Flood Ibadan (pictures) / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? / New Photo Of Aisha Buhari (adorable)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68