Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,032 members, 7,803,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel (8038 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe El-Rufai / VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by ikorodureporta: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2019
Read screenshots...

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Ibrahim9090: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2019
Noted
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by hubtiva: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2019
Atlease dey start somting, small small we will get there

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by dfrost: 7:34am On Mar 27, 2019
Good.

Consumers can lay their complains to the panel.

Simple solutions for light:

1. Meter everyone. If not...
2. If you can't meter everyone at the moment, then read the analogue meter as was obtainable back then.
3. Those without meter should be billed heavily to make them get meters (analogue or digital).

And for crying out loud, stop crazy bills angry.

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by OlujobaSamuel: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2019
To seat once in 6months, is my eyes deceiving me? How do they intend to be effective and efficient by such short timing.
Modified
It's once every month and not 6months.

8 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by jmoore(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2019
EEDC the fraudulent company. Can they set up one?

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by ikorodureporta: 7:38am On Mar 27, 2019
Na load assessment we want
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by dfrost: 7:38am On Mar 27, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
To seat once in 6months, is my eyes deceiving me? How do they intend to be effective and efficient by such short timing

Nigerian factor for you. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by braveboy64(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2019
Will this improve the Mega Watt
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2019
All this long grammar no dey ever work in reality abeg find effective means to distribute prepaid metres to each Zonal district. Is it too much to ask?

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by helpee(m): 7:41am On Mar 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by masciv: 7:42am On Mar 27, 2019
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Whois(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2019
We want prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by mungoparks: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2019
Na still rubbish embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by olasclef(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
To seat once in 6months, is my eyes deceiving me? How do they intend to be effective and efficient by such short timing

Once every month
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Jabioro: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2019
Nonsense! Is that the solution to crazy bills,erractics and epilentic power? A beg make dem carry the dispute committee go Atlantic ocean..

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by olasclef(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2019
helpee:
These people are crazy o. So the panel will meet once every six months. Meaning if they are giving you crazy bills, you must pay for six months till the panel meets. Meanwhile, since the panel meets once every six months, they will have a lot of accumulated cases so some cases will be postponed till another meeting. At this rate , some customers will pay crazy bills for two years before being heard out at all. And the panel is meant to expedite bill dispute resolution. Disband the panel already

People still have problem to read and understand. Once in every month at the six business unit offices.

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Anonymous29: 7:51am On Mar 27, 2019
Infact this our naija na something else. The old meters were cancelled without making preparations for everyone getting a prepaid meter.
So ikedc were in my area yesterday, I complained about the outrageous bill. The man replied by saying that every house on the street gets the same amount per month. It doesn't matter what you consume or not. You pay the same amount.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by ElsonMorali: 7:52am On Mar 27, 2019
Until Nigeria enforces prepaid metering there can never be 24 hrs constant electricity supply in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by goshen26: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2019
Ok

But Eko-DC that recruit popular area thugs as disconnection staff, in case customer refuse disconnection nko? Customer don't just refuse disconnection, but how can explain an old woman whose children in abroad rented a two bed flat for her, but only uses 4 60W bulb, two ceiling fans, one TV, one GOtv, one pressing Iron, no AC, yet she get between 13k and 18k a month as bill in an epileptic supply in ijesha (aguntasolo street)

When wil theyl do the same....like Ikeja DC

You see Ikeja guys always in their overall (uniform), Eko-DC guys are always tattered

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by 9gerian: 7:55am On Mar 27, 2019
Another smokescreen... Only in Nigeria cheesy

ikorodureporta:
Read screenshots...

Lalasticlala
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by 9gerian: 7:56am On Mar 27, 2019
The word never underlined...

ElsonMorali:
Until Nigeria enforces prepaid metering there can never be 24 hrs constant electricity supply in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by ismaistylez: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Read screenshots...

Lalasticlala

The worst set of service providers... Will the panel result to reducing the bill of a self contain from 10k to 2k?
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by 9gerian: 8:06am On Mar 27, 2019
Which preparation again?

There was nothing wrong with the old meters except that they do not read well because little or no light is supplied through them. But they were quick to cancel it to give room for the fraudulent crazy estimated bills that allow them to build up your bills astronomically. So that when you eventually get the prepaid meter you are forced to clear the bill that you didn’t use. If anyone has experienced otherwise kindly educate us.

This is also the reason why areas that currently enjoy improved electricity are those that have prepaid meters predominantly. Here, no light no income for the discos... so they force direct more electricity to such metered areas and starve the estimated Billings areas.

Also, if you get the prepaid meter but live an area where most people get crazy estimated bills, you will suffer the same fate of not much electricity supply.

Anonymous29:
Infact this our naija na something else. The old meters were cancelled without making preparations for everyone getting a prepaid meter.
So ikedc were in my area yesterday, I complained about the outrageous bill. The man replied by saying that every house on the street gets the same amount per month. It doesn't matter what you consume or not. You pay the same amount.
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by OlujobaSamuel: 8:10am On Mar 27, 2019
olasclef:

Once every month
Thanks. Seems I was in a different world when I read it the first time. I've checked again.
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Rollitout: 8:12am On Mar 27, 2019
Stupid people
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by ewizard1: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2019
dfrost:
Good.

Consumers can lay their complains to the panel.

Simple solutions for light:

1. Meter everyone. If not...
2. If you can't meter everyone at the moment, then read the analogue meter as was obtainable back then.
3. Those without meter should be billed heavily to make them get meters (analogue or digital).

And for crying out loud, stop crazy bills angry.

3. Those without meter are going to buy one at Aswani market and install by themselves abi?
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Anonymous29: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2019
9gerian:
Which preparation again?

There was nothing wrong with the old meters except that they do not read well because little or no light is supplied through them. But they were quick to cancel it to give room for the fraudulent crazy estimated bills that allow them to build up your bills astronomically. So that when you eventually get the prepaid meter you are forced to clear the bill that you didn’t use. If anyone has experienced otherwise kindly educate us.

This is also the reason why areas that currently enjoy improved electricity are those that have prepaid meters predominantly. Here, no light no income for the discos... so they force direct more electricity to such metered areas and starve the estimated Billings areas.

Also, if you get the prepaid meter but live an area where most people get crazy estimated bills, you will suffer the same fate of not much electricity supply.

You are right..... It's just annoying. What they do is read the meter from the transformer and divide it equally among the users.
So I heard the new prepaid meters consumes more(don't know how true that is).
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by Anonymous29: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2019
ewizard1:

3. Those without meter are going to buy one at Aswani market and install by themselves abi?

I tire ooo.... Imagine!
Re: Ikeja Electric Sets Up Bill Dispute Resolution Panel by DFSH(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2019
Another tactics of delaying prepaid meter.

Dear Disco or NERC or whatever,
This issue of meter can be achieved by the following collaborative effort.
1. Invite companies that sell prepaid meter on the agreement of installment payment.
2. Consumers should collect meter on payment terms , one time or installment.
3. One time means pay once while installment means paying with 50% of every subscription (voucher) purchased.
4. Pay the meter companies and be transparent with it.
5. There should be law against illegal connection or manipulation of meter.
I might not be totally right, but if the thought is further refined it will work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!! ANAMBRA Presidential Election Result / Pics: Biafrans Storm 10 Downing Street This Afternoon In Protest / If It Comes Down To These Two, Who Would You Prefer As Nigeria's Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.