Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,461 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers (4707 Views)

Deal Hunters Come In Here / Deal Hunters Please Read!!! / Lord Of Deal Hunters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2019
3 weeks ago I contacted a Picker here on nairaland to help with a pick up from one of my regular supplier in Chicago. And when I say a regular Suplier i mean a seller have being dealing with since last year October. The seller always hit me up every week with nothing less than 2 iPhone x in a week.
Big Sam has helped picked up from me time without numbers, even Big Sam most time take it up with me if I did not turn up pr respond to the seller new stocks by first and I fund him later.
Unfortunately I reached my transfer limit for the day on a ussd mobile transfer of a million naira. I sent him the screenshot of the mobile transfer limit of the day but this picker in Question said he can not help with the pickup unless I fund him. Well i understand because a week before he helped when Same situation arised. Immediately I called Topgamer and another OP to help fund him, I also rushed to a nearby ATM to completed the fund deposit because it was a weekend. Immediately I completed the transfer, Picker kept mute and my supplier also MIA all through that day.
the next morning My picker said he made a switch of his Phone that he did not get any of my messages also he needed the sellers phone number again which I pssted to him. For almost a week he claimed my seller did not responded to his messages I believed him because my messages to the seller got no response too. But I decided to leave the fund with him.
After a week or so I demanded for a part refund still hoping my seller did not make the rapture while the rest of u missed it na
after 3 weeks .my seller pop up that he has some Phones for sale as at yesterday o. I was mad because I thought you were dead! Dude now begged me that my picker actually bought those phones that day and has always been buying phones from him and confides in him not to tell me.
I smiled and asked him for more details of their past transaction. Yes im in Nigeria, I understand how some of their system works better than occupant of the Oval office LMAO and have walked my seller through some' and he Is loyal to me to some point more like a favor to returned.
Well I was calm and asked my picker why he chose to messed up our relationship. I was the first depositor in your pick up business on nairaland Bro, almost a milli naira and I remember vividly Oga Dragnet and some OP had their flashlight up and running when his Thread pops up which I ignored.
His response: Bro, the US is a capitalist country. I can buy and sell to anyone I want. Do you think u have a monopoly power to deal with the seller solely ? No, that is just the bitter truth. I buy from him and I don't regret I did. So Bro this is United states o.
Yes I was still calm but bitter, no sign of remorse at all then why did you tell him not to tell me na Bros.
My People where is the trust and integrity? Lion will go pick from my Macbook supplier and will still pay me for service and give me report say the dude has more or still expecting more. I owe that Dude an apology i swear
Oga mikky go give u report after a successful pickup that the seller has more o, hit him up asap.
This Is not a drag down or name damages but I want to hear from my fellow deal hunters and pickers.

Below Is my convo with the seller!!

Cc Mikky, Lion, Frinx, Wildchild, Deal hunter, Daaz, Chisom, Omicpet etc

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by ChisomK9(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2019
Which picker is that angry sad sad angry
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2019
ChisomK9:
Which picker is that angry sad sad angry
big qdivy
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by ChisomK9(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2019
techprodigy:
His response: Bro, the US is a capitalist country. I can buy and sell to anyone I want. Do you think u have a monopoly power to deal with the seller solely ? No, that is just the bitter truth. I buy from him and I don't regret I did. So Bro this is United states o.
Can you imagine sad angry
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2019
This better not be QDLVY cos I know him to be someone trustworthy, faithful and reliable.

Waiting for the other side of this saga.

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wesley80(m): 11:30am On Mar 27, 2019
Yep, sh*t like this will continue if he isn't blacklisted. This is totally unacceptable. The traits of a potential fraudster are always damn obvious. How can you double cross a client and be so brazen about it? Na clap dem take dey enter dance o.

8 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by mixter(m): 11:30am On Mar 27, 2019
This is very bad and wrong. Whoever the picker is which I think we know him should retrace his steps and do the needful by apologizing ....
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by adecamp(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
Very sad
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by essay123(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
I am really sorry about this techprodigy. The picker is like a brother to me and he is a good man.

But let's hear what he has to say too. But its true he changed his phone earlier this month.

Once again i am really sorry about this.
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Ezemoses42(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
techprodigy:
3 weeks ago I contacted a Picker here on nairaland to help with a pick up from one of my regular supplier in Chicago. And when I say a regular Suplier i mean a seller have being dealing with since last year October. The seller always hit me up every week with nothing less than 2 iPhone x in a week.
Big Sam has helped picked up from me time without numbers, even Big Sam most time take it up with me if I did not turn up pr respond to the seller new stocks by first and I fund him later.
Unfortunately I reached my transfer limit for the day on a ussd mobile transfer of a million naira. I sent him the screenshot of the mobile transfer limit of the day but this picker in Question said he can not help with the pickup unless I fund him. Well i understand because a week before he helped when Same situation arised. Immediately I called Topgamer and another OP to help fund him, I also rushed to a nearby ATM to completed the fund deposit because it was a weekend. Immediately I completed the transfer, Picker kept mute and my supplier also MIA all through that day.
the next morning My picker said he made a switch of his Phone that he did not get any of my messages also he needed the sellers phone number again which I pssted to him. For almost a week he claimed my seller did not responded to his messages I believed him because my messages to the seller got no response too. But I decided to leave the fund with him.
After a week or so I demanded for a part refund still hoping my seller did not make the rapture while the rest of u missed it na
after 3 weeks .my seller pop up that he has some Phones for sale as at yesterday o. I was mad because I thought you were dead! Dude now begged me that my picker actually bought those phones that day and has always been buying phones from him and confides in him not to tell me.
I smiled and asked him for more details of their past transaction. Yes im in Nigeria, I understand how some of their system works better than occupant of the Oval office LMAO and have walked my seller through some' and he Is loyal to me to some point more like a favor to returned.
Well I was calm and asked my picker why he chose to messed up our relationship. I was the first depositor in your pick up business on nairaland Bro, almost a milli naira and I remember vividly Oga Dragnet and some OP had their flashlight up and running when his Thread pops up which I ignored.
Yes I was still calm but bitter, no sign of remorse at all then why did you tell him not to tell me na Bros.
My People where is the trust and integrity? Lion will go pick from my Macbook supplier and will still pay me for service and give me report say the dude has more or still expecting more. I owe that Dude an apology i swear
Oga mikky go give u report after a successful pickup that the seller has more o, hit him up asap.
This Is not a drag down or name damages but I want to hear from my fellow deal hunters and pickers.

Below Is my convo with the seller!!

Cc Mikky, Lion, Frinx, Wildchild, Deal hunter, Daaz, Chisom, Omicpet etc

That's rubbish now.i can remember clearly the day I met with tech ,he told me how he trusted this him and even when he was having shipment issue,tech still told me he's a good guy..if this what u told tech then you bleeped up....this are part of the things I still respect Lionlee for....

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Pradit: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hmm could this be the reason why some of my suppliers
Are not responding to me ? People that respond to my
Casual “hi” even if I’m not buying...

4 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by jeromedee: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is very bad. Meaning if person entrust this picker with an amount he hasn't seen before he'll definitely deactivate. Some ppl sef dem dey allow devil use dem spoil small Reputation wey dem don build. Lionlee216 O karee n tie, Omo dada grin grin. Na daaz i no wan see for Macca. I go stone am and say na mistake cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Tomjazzy2: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
Some one like me that isn't regular in the market, the few suppliers I've got would have been gone by now cry cheesy cry
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by jeromedee: 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Pradit:
Hmm could this be the reason why some of my suppliers
Are not responding to me ? People that respond to my
Casual “hi” even if I’m not buying...
No stress yourself. Dem don sell your suppliers to highest bidder grin
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by jeromedee: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
Tomjazzy2:
Some one like me that isn't regular in the market, the few suppliers I've got would have been gone by now cry cheesy cry
If your own suppliers dey miss na Wildchild1 steal dem be that. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Tomjazzy2: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
jeromedee:

Lolz
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by bobo65(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Please this one everybody is advising every deal hunter to open thread, let me say this

DO NOT PAY MONEY TO ANY NON TRUSTED DEAL HUNTER WITHOUT CONTACTING THE PICKER FIRST

Cos now, any thief can just open thread and be posting ads up and down then catch Maga

My 2 pennies

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
jeromedee:

hahaha my name is WildChild and i'm not a thief.

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
bobo65:
Please this one everybody is advising every deal hunter to open thread, let me say this

DO NOT PAY MONEY TO ANY NON TRUSTED DEAL HUNTER WITHOUT CONTACTING THE PICKER FIRST

Cos now, any thief can just open thread and be posting ads up and down then catch Maga

My 2 pennies

I'm still not in support of deal hunters opening threads as it would aid/encourage scam.

What can be done? Repeated ads must be stopped, and pictures on an ad should not be more than 2, no need for unnecessary spacing in your ads, items already in Nigeria should not be advertised on a pick up thread again. A particular ad should not appear more than once in 24hrs and anytime after that, deal hunter should only quote with the word still available without picture. QED

5 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
a

26 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by bobo65(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

I'm still not in support of deal hunters opening threads as it would aid/encourage scam. Repeated ads must be stopped, and pictures on an ad should not be more than 2, no need for unnecessary spacing in your ads, items already in Nigeria should not be advertised on a pick up thread again. A particular ad should not appear more than once in 24hrs and anytime after that, deal hunter should only quote with the word still available without picture.

Seems cool
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Perspec(m): 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
bobo65:

My 2 pennies
Just leave them. Just leave the over-lords of this section to continue doing what they like. They do not understand business at all and this move will cripple this business. Even if it doesn't, it's going to pose more SERIOUS problems. Shey no be here we dey? We go see am.

I know the ads can be annoying atimes but this is a fucking market place. A MARKET PLACE. What were they expecting? Everybody benefits from the so-called annoying ads. Everybody. One way or the other.

Imagine enjoying the benefits of okrika but complaining about the smell.
Anybody that wants the benefits of okrika should be ready to bend. Simple.

Well, now that they've separated the tomato from the pepper sellers and completely taken away that sense of community that has over the years hindered the boldness of scammers & theives & ensued progress, ladies and gentlemen, let the scamming begin.

Afterall what better way to kill a prey that isolate it from the clan. ** continues blowing whistle**

Some people don't just understand that asides the affordability, what makes this whole thing special is that sense of Community. It's a Brand. A brand that this new development would cripple.

6 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
qdlvy:
Hi guys!

In response and defense to the accusations (I don't know if I should characterize it as such but well...), I will try to word this as simple and succinct as possible by giving a response paragraph by paragraph.

"3 weeks ago I contacted a Picker here on nairaland to help with a pick up from one of my regular supplier in Chicago. And when I say a regular Suplier i mean a seller have being dealing with since last year October. The seller always hit me up every week with nothing less than 2 iPhone x in a week."

I assume the picker referred to above is me. Can't speak to the length of Techprodigy's relationship with the regular supplier but I'll take his word for it on that. The length of said relationship is largely irrelevant (reasons for this I'll explain later). About the supplier hitting him up for at least two iPhone X per week is what I presume to be hyperbole, something Techprodigy is known to often do which is to exaggerate.

"Big Sam has helped picked up from me time without numbers, even Big Sam most time take it up with me if I did not turn up pr respond to the seller new stocks by first and I fund him later."

Irrelevant. No response.

"Unfortunately I reached my transfer limit for the day on a ussd mobile transfer of a million naira. I sent him the screenshot of the mobile transfer limit of the day but this picker in Question said he can not help with the pickup unless I fund him. Well i understand because a week before he helped when Same situation arised. Immediately I called Topgamer and another OP to help fund him, I also rushed to a nearby ATM to completed the fund deposit because it was a weekend. Immediately I completed the transfer, Picker kept mute and my supplier also MIA all through that day."

I don't know if he reached his transfer limit but I will take him at his word although he has shown in the past to be untruthful about this. It's true I told him I couldn't help with the pick up unless he paid in full because he has shown many times in the past to be untruthful in these kind of situations (will explain later).
Yes, true. A week or so before, I made a pick up for him from the same 'regular supplier' for an iPhone 8 plus I believe. He did not make a full payment for that and I picked it up because the price was so low that I could live with it even if he defaulted on payment later. This is more about weighing the risk of default payment against the amount which to me made a financial sense. Picking up for people without payment is a decision I make on a case by case basis.
Yes, I told him he needed to pay in full before I can go for this new pick up because the amount of money involved is too large and a bigger risk for me to take on. Considering the history of default payments and intentionally misleading information from Techprodigy, I could not make the pick up without full payment, I told him this and he knew. Meanwhile, I told him a time frame to make full payment if he wants to pick up. Amidst all this, something else was going on.
The regular supplier texted me the day before about the same phones he told Techprodigy. Before I go further, let me explain how this came to be.
Every seller I meet for a pick up, I always tell them before I leave (some even tell me first before I let them know) that if they have any other things to sell now or in future, I can buy, they can text me and let me know and if we agree on a price, I will buy. I did the same thing with the 'regular supplier'. My guess is the regular supplier always ask Techprodigy and I for prices and eventually go for the best for him. Sometimes he gets the deal because his bid is better and sometimes I get the deal. Some of the deals he wins, I still end up picking them for him but I won't pay more for it.
So back to the story, the 'regular supplier' texted me the day before about the same deal and I gave him my price, my guess is he was going back and forth with Techprodigy at the same time. Was there a conflict of interest on my side? Absolutely! However, I'm an emotionally balanced man, I do not give to sentimental misgivings. Techprodigy was willing to pay more for the deal and I was not willing to. The problem is he couldn't make full payment for the phones at the time frame I gave and the guy ended up selling to me at lower price. What Techprodigy fails to acknowledge is the fact that if he hadn't eroded my trust with defaulted payments and lies in the past, I would have made the pick up for him at his price even with payment not made in full. The bulk of my customers base, I pick up for them daily without any payment at all, they pay after I pick up. They pay immediately after and none of these guys have ever defaulted. We will continue until they mess up too, if they ever will.
About picker (me I presume) going mute, yes, true. Many of my customers know I do that a lot, I have school work to tend to. But in this case, it wasn't even school work, my phone stopped working and I switched to an LG phone and didn't back up my contacts and data.
He completed the transfer outside of the time frame I gave which he is well aware of.
Supplier going MIA should not be strange to Techprodigy and he can't feign ignorance on this. The supplier does this every time, he only surfaces when he has phones to sell. I wish people can see this 'supplier' guy, I have expressed my reservations about meeting this guy because I don't know what crimes he commits to get these phones. This is in fact what led to the breakdown of my relationship with him. He hit me up few days ago about some phones, I was not willing to meet him and he got angry. Over the last few times, I have shown my reluctance in continuing to buy phones from him and he is not happy.

"the next morning My picker said he made a switch of his Phone that he did not get any of my messages also he needed the sellers phone number again which I pssted to him. For almost a week he claimed my seller did not responded to his messages I believed him because my messages to the seller got no response too. But I decided to leave the fund with him."

See above for response. Already addressed.

"After a week or so I demanded for a part refund still hoping my seller did not make the rapture while the rest of u missed it na
after 3 weeks .my seller pop up that he has some Phones for sale as at yesterday o. I was mad because I thought you were dead! Dude now begged me that my picker actually bought those phones that day and has always been buying phones from him and confides in him not to tell me."

Also already addressed except the last part.
I don't recollect telling him not to tell you. But to disprove this claim, check the screenshot Techprodigy posted. The supplier stated in the screenshot "I've sold him some phones. DIDN'T know he was doing it behind your back."
How will I tell him not to tell you and he also DIDN'T know I was doing it behind your back. These are two contradictory statements. Who you choose to believe however is your decision but you can't argue against logic and common sense. The guy was angry I was not looking to buy from him anymore because I feel meeting him is dangerous and risky and not sure about his sources for what he sells and he decided to feed you lies.

"I smiled and asked him for more details of their past transaction. Yes im in Nigeria, I understand how some of their system works better than occupant of the Oval office LMAO and have walked my seller through some' and he Is loyal to me to some point more like a favor to returned."

More hilarious hyperbole.
He is not loyal to you because he owes you nothing. He is looking to do business with whoever offers the highest profit to him. He told you all that because I was not willing to meet him anymore, he will feed you any lies now. And by the way, he still sent me a message last night asking me how much? That doesn't sound like loyalty to me. He doesn't owe you. You do not own him as a sole proprietorship or patent. It's a free market in a free country, basic Economics. The idea that he has to sell to you alone is false and misguided, this same idea is what is ruining our country but that's a discussion for another day. He doesn't need your consent to sell to anybody, as much as that might sound hurting to your ears, you can't ignore the facts.
What would have been a wrong doing will be me stealing your deals, that is bad and I do not do that. I pick up very very great deals from people I trust here without payment upfront.

"Well I was calm and asked my picker why he chose to messed up our relationship. I was the first depositor in your pick up business on nairaland Bro, almost a milli naira and I remember vividly Oga Dragnet and some OP had their flashlight up and running when his Thread pops up which I ignored."

I don't understand what you're taking credit for here but it is not hard to see your intention here, which is drum up support and stir people's emotions that you have been done bad by someone you helped. You did not help, in fact, I lost from my initial deals with you. I made so many pickups for you with half of my money. I don't exactly know at this point what the figures are but almost $2000 of my money went into your pick ups. Deals you benefitted greatly from and could have lost if I demanded full payment. Meanwhile not only did you not pay when you promised, you lied to me everyday for 3 weeks. That month, I had to pay my rent on my credit card with 3% credit card processing fee, almost $40 in late payment fees and carried a balance on my 23% APR chase sapphire card, all these not only wiped out all my profits from the pick up, it cost me more. I explained all these to you back then but you kept on lying everyday about making payment. Meanwhile, everything I picked up for you from my own money you made significant profit from because they were all great deals.
My thread went through the normal trusting period to gain customers, I made promo deals of picking up without payment to gain people's trust, it has nothing to do with your input, if anything, you cost me more.

"His response: Bro, the US is a capitalist country. I can buy and sell to anyone I want. Do you think u have a monopoly power to deal with the seller solely ? No, that is just the bitter truth. I buy from him and I don't regret I did. So Bro this is United states o.
Yes I was still calm but bitter, no sign of remorse at all then why did you tell him not to tell me na Bros."

All true.
It is a capitalist country built on free market. You do not own the guy. The length of your relationship to him is irrelevant. He will sell to whomever he deems fit. No wrong doing here, because I did NOT steal your deals you sent me from him (I DON'T DO THIS, IT'S UNEQUIVOCALLY BAD). He texts me of his own volition and he does business with whom he prefers, some of which you win and some I win. I understand how you feel, I probably will feel bad too but the fact is it is not a wrongdoing. Absolutely nothing to apologize for. I will if you come up with a valid argument as to why I should. But as at the moment of writing, you haven't. Everything you have stated have been based on emotions and opinions and not any based on the facts and evidence of wrongdoing.

"My People where is the trust and integrity? Lion will go pick from my Macbook supplier and will still pay me for service and give me report say the dude has more or still expecting more. I owe that Dude an apology i swear
This Is not a drag down or name damages but I want to hear from my fellow deal hunters and pickers."

Where is the trust and integrity you asked? Maybe you should have asked yourself when you broke on your word to me several times in the past about my payments and kept on lying everyday for three weeks while at it.
And you comparing about pickers is a classic case of the defense mechanism "splitting". That's an immature defense mechanism according to DSM IV, won't go down that road with you.
Of course, you need to apologize to Lion for reasons best known to you.
More classic case of splitting.
"This is not a drag down or name damages" but that is what you just did. I don't know if this is brain-fart moment from you or something but you just attempted to drag me down and named names and in the same breath stated you don't want to do so? Read that again and tell me if that sounds smart to you.

"Cc Mikky, Lion, Frinx, Wildchild, Deal hunter, Daaz, Chisom, Omicpet etc"

The only surprise here is you did not Cc God.

The screenshot
You sell phones to him without my consent? Lol this funny, the entitlement. Are you a slave owner?

To everybody reading this:
There will be three groups of people

1. Those who are given to emotions and opinions over facts and logics.
2. Those that examine the facts and logic
3. Those that are indifferent.

Facts:

1. Techprodigy does not own the seller and he is free to sell whoever he likes.
2. I did not steal any of his deals. Neither have I from any other person. I pick great juicier deals from other people with my own money and they pay me afterwards.
3. I tell every seller I meet if they have stuffs they can text me later (I'm sure every picker does this, other pickers buy stuffs too). Not wrong.
4. The supplier is hurt because I won't meet him and will say anything to discredit me. You all need to see this supplier guy to know whom to believe, if anybody else have met him, they will understand what I'm saying.
5. Techprodigy is not exactly someone who you can trust, he embellishes, lies and intentional distort the truth to his gains.

Opinions/Misleading Information
1. Techprodigy has the sole rights to this seller's products - Wrong
2. I stole his deals - wrong. He hasn't proved that.
3. He said I told the guy not to tell him - I do not recollect but I already disapproved this claim earlier with the two contradictory statements from the supplier.

Reach your own conclusion.
I will reply other comments that are constructive and approach the situation from a fact and evidence based angle. I will ignore opinion based comments.
Lecturer weldone sir, I was expecting this. How many months are you into this Pls? Do you read well before you posted all these at all? You have the damn greedy gut to talk to other people sellers you did not work hard to sort for online, you told them to text you whenever they have stuffs for sell? Oga you be thief sir, Greedy mofo. Even if he texted you if you are not a bad person you will tell me he did. Any idea how many time Oga mikky don post on his thread about some particuLar sellers that belong to his client that has enough stuffs and such client should text the sellers. Lionlee has contacted me times without number about some MacBook and phones sellers that told him to come back for more in few days. He bought from me despite the fact he has the seller number.
What kind of man are you? Our first transaction you acted so greedy by insisting on taking $50 off a price lowered by the seller for a not so neat iphones you helped me noticed.
You keep saying I’m a liar because I did not meet up with just 100k or so balance in a week. Let me jog your memory sir, I had a shipment worth almost 2 million naira with you that got stuck for 3weeks Plus and you keep bugging me for 100k. I owed that huge money to some people too, I made refund within those weeks. And immediately those stuffs reached Nigerian I paid up before pick up, Remember?
About reaching my limit .. Bro you don’t want to know how much I push out every day! Nicerazor met me for a transaction last year December we had to drove far for an atm machine to have him funded, Moses also on 2 occasions we located an atm to completed the transaction, Timijospeh, Btech, Topgamer, etc they received money from me through quickteller atm alert. For the fact that I trusted you first on here and took that risk .. Son, you owe, You don’t go about stealing from people and come here using big English Oga. 2 guys already called me from Nairaland that their reguLar sellers have gone MIA since they shared their details with you. One made a comment here already sef. I’m not pained o but please stop stealing people hard earned regular sellers LMAO.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
You never told me about a time frame to do the complete fund
That is a lie!!!! OMG.. even if you did and you got the money in few minutes from topgamer and I completed it some hours later and also refunded topgamer on an atm. I kept the money with you for a week because I believe my seller will come around the next day not knowing your greedy black hairy ass has bought those Phnoes same day and you keep telling me he did not respond to your text too. A whole week you held on to the fund that is pure wickedness sir. What happened to you telling you no bought them already because the United states is a capitalist country. cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by essay123(m): 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
I remember you didnt flinch when i called your attention to this. People need to hear both sides of a story before casting stones.
Well said bro.

qdlvy:
Hi guys!

In response and defense to the accusations (I don't know if I should characterize it as such but well...), I will try to word this as simple and succinct as possible by giving a response paragraph by paragraph.

"3 weeks ago I contacted a Picker here on nairaland to help with a pick up from one of my regular supplier in Chicago. And when I say a regular Suplier i mean a seller have being dealing with since last year October. The seller always hit me up every week with nothing less than 2 iPhone x in a week."

I assume the picker referred to above is me. Can't speak to the length of Techprodigy's relationship with the regular supplier but I'll take his word for it on that. The length of said relationship is largely irrelevant (reasons for this I'll explain later). About the supplier hitting him up for at least two iPhone X per week is what I presume to be hyperbole, something Techprodigy is known to often do which is to exaggerate.

"Big Sam has helped picked up from me time without numbers, even Big Sam most time take it up with me if I did not turn up pr respond to the seller new stocks by first and I fund him later."

Irrelevant. No response.

"Unfortunately I reached my transfer limit for the day on a ussd mobile transfer of a million naira. I sent him the screenshot of the mobile transfer limit of the day but this picker in Question said he can not help with the pickup unless I fund him. Well i understand because a week before he helped when Same situation arised. Immediately I called Topgamer and another OP to help fund him, I also rushed to a nearby ATM to completed the fund deposit because it was a weekend. Immediately I completed the transfer, Picker kept mute and my supplier also MIA all through that day."

I don't know if he reached his transfer limit but I will take him at his word although he has shown in the past to be untruthful about this. It's true I told him I couldn't help with the pick up unless he paid in full because he has shown many times in the past to be untruthful in these kind of situations (will explain later).
Yes, true. A week or so before, I made a pick up for him from the same 'regular supplier' for an iPhone 8 plus I believe. He did not make a full payment for that and I picked it up because the price was so low that I could live with it even if he defaulted on payment later. This is more about weighing the risk of default payment against the amount which to me made a financial sense. Picking up for people without payment is a decision I make on a case by case basis.
Yes, I told him he needed to pay in full before I can go for this new pick up because the amount of money involved is too large and a bigger risk for me to take on. Considering the history of default payments and intentionally misleading information from Techprodigy, I could not make the pick up without full payment, I told him this and he knew. Meanwhile, I told him a time frame to make full payment if he wants to pick up. Amidst all this, something else was going on.
The regular supplier texted me the day before about the same phones he told Techprodigy. Before I go further, let me explain how this came to be.
Every seller I meet for a pick up, I always tell them before I leave (some even tell me first before I let them know) that if they have any other things to sell now or in future, I can buy, they can text me and let me know and if we agree on a price, I will buy. I did the same thing with the 'regular supplier'. My guess is the regular supplier always ask Techprodigy and I for prices and eventually go for the best for him. Sometimes he gets the deal because his bid is better and sometimes I get the deal. Some of the deals he wins, I still end up picking them for him but I won't pay more for it.
So back to the story, the 'regular supplier' texted me the day before about the same deal and I gave him my price, my guess is he was going back and forth with Techprodigy at the same time. Was there a conflict of interest on my side? Absolutely! However, I'm an emotionally balanced man, I do not give to sentimental misgivings. Techprodigy was willing to pay more for the deal and I was not willing to. The problem is he couldn't make full payment for the phones at the time frame I gave and the guy ended up selling to me at lower price. What Techprodigy fails to acknowledge is the fact that if he hadn't eroded my trust with defaulted payments and lies in the past, I would have made the pick up for him at his price even with payment not made in full. The bulk of my customers base, I pick up for them daily without any payment at all, they pay after I pick up. They pay immediately after and none of these guys have ever defaulted. We will continue until they mess up too, if they ever will.
About picker (me I presume) going mute, yes, true. Many of my customers know I do that a lot, I have school work to tend to. But in this case, it wasn't even school work, my phone stopped working and I switched to an LG phone and didn't back up my contacts and data.
He completed the transfer outside of the time frame I gave which he is well aware of.
Supplier going MIA should not be strange to Techprodigy and he can't feign ignorance on this. The supplier does this every time, he only surfaces when he has phones to sell. I wish people can see this 'supplier' guy, I have expressed my reservations about meeting this guy because I don't know what crimes he commits to get these phones. This is in fact what led to the breakdown of my relationship with him. He hit me up few days ago about some phones, I was not willing to meet him and he got angry. Over the last few times, I have shown my reluctance in continuing to buy phones from him and he is not happy.

"the next morning My picker said he made a switch of his Phone that he did not get any of my messages also he needed the sellers phone number again which I pssted to him. For almost a week he claimed my seller did not responded to his messages I believed him because my messages to the seller got no response too. But I decided to leave the fund with him."

See above for response. Already addressed.

"After a week or so I demanded for a part refund still hoping my seller did not make the rapture while the rest of u missed it na
after 3 weeks .my seller pop up that he has some Phones for sale as at yesterday o. I was mad because I thought you were dead! Dude now begged me that my picker actually bought those phones that day and has always been buying phones from him and confides in him not to tell me."

Also already addressed except the last part.
I don't recollect telling him not to tell you. But to disprove this claim, check the screenshot Techprodigy posted. The supplier stated in the screenshot "I've sold him some phones. DIDN'T know he was doing it behind your back."
How will I tell him not to tell you and he also DIDN'T know I was doing it behind your back. These are two contradictory statements. Who you choose to believe however is your decision but you can't argue against logic and common sense. The guy was angry I was not looking to buy from him anymore because I feel meeting him is dangerous and risky and not sure about his sources for what he sells and he decided to feed you lies.

"I smiled and asked him for more details of their past transaction. Yes im in Nigeria, I understand how some of their system works better than occupant of the Oval office LMAO and have walked my seller through some' and he Is loyal to me to some point more like a favor to returned."

More hilarious hyperbole.
He is not loyal to you because he owes you nothing. He is looking to do business with whoever offers the highest profit to him. He told you all that because I was not willing to meet him anymore, he will feed you any lies now. And by the way, he still sent me a message last night asking me how much? That doesn't sound like loyalty to me. He doesn't owe you. You do not own him as a sole proprietorship or patent. It's a free market in a free country, basic Economics. The idea that he has to sell to you alone is false and misguided, this same idea is what is ruining our country but that's a discussion for another day. He doesn't need your consent to sell to anybody, as much as that might sound hurting to your ears, you can't ignore the facts.
What would have been a wrong doing will be me stealing your deals, that is bad and I do not do that. I pick up very very great deals from people I trust here without payment upfront.

"Well I was calm and asked my picker why he chose to messed up our relationship. I was the first depositor in your pick up business on nairaland Bro, almost a milli naira and I remember vividly Oga Dragnet and some OP had their flashlight up and running when his Thread pops up which I ignored."

I don't understand what you're taking credit for here but it is not hard to see your intention here, which is drum up support and stir people's emotions that you have been done bad by someone you helped. You did not help, in fact, I lost from my initial deals with you. I made so many pickups for you with half of my money. I don't exactly know at this point what the figures are but almost $2000 of my money went into your pick ups. Deals you benefitted greatly from and could have lost if I demanded full payment. Meanwhile not only did you not pay when you promised, you lied to me everyday for 3 weeks. That month, I had to pay my rent on my credit card with 3% credit card processing fee, almost $40 in late payment fees and carried a balance on my 23% APR chase sapphire card, all these not only wiped out all my profits from the pick up, it cost me more. I explained all these to you back then but you kept on lying everyday about making payment. Meanwhile, everything I picked up for you from my own money you made significant profit from because they were all great deals.
My thread went through the normal trusting period to gain customers, I made promo deals of picking up without payment to gain people's trust, it has nothing to do with your input, if anything, you cost me more.

"His response: Bro, the US is a capitalist country. I can buy and sell to anyone I want. Do you think u have a monopoly power to deal with the seller solely ? No, that is just the bitter truth. I buy from him and I don't regret I did. So Bro this is United states o.
Yes I was still calm but bitter, no sign of remorse at all then why did you tell him not to tell me na Bros."

All true.
It is a capitalist country built on free market. You do not own the guy. The length of your relationship to him is irrelevant. He will sell to whomever he deems fit. No wrong doing here, because I did NOT steal your deals you sent me from him (I DON'T DO THIS, IT'S UNEQUIVOCALLY BAD). He texts me of his own volition and he does business with whom he prefers, some of which you win and some I win. I understand how you feel, I probably will feel bad too but the fact is it is not a wrongdoing. Absolutely nothing to apologize for. I will if you come up with a valid argument as to why I should. But as at the moment of writing, you haven't. Everything you have stated have been based on emotions and opinions and not any based on the facts and evidence of wrongdoing.

"My People where is the trust and integrity? Lion will go pick from my Macbook supplier and will still pay me for service and give me report say the dude has more or still expecting more. I owe that Dude an apology i swear
This Is not a drag down or name damages but I want to hear from my fellow deal hunters and pickers."

Where is the trust and integrity you asked? Maybe you should have asked yourself when you broke on your word to me several times in the past about my payments and kept on lying everyday for three weeks while at it.
And you comparing about pickers is a classic case of the defense mechanism "splitting". That's an immature defense mechanism according to DSM IV, won't go down that road with you.
Of course, you need to apologize to Lion for reasons best known to you.
More classic case of splitting.
"This is not a drag down or name damages" but that is what you just did. I don't know if this is brain-fart moment from you or something but you just attempted to drag me down and named names and in the same breath stated you don't want to do so? Read that again and tell me if that sounds smart to you.

"Cc Mikky, Lion, Frinx, Wildchild, Deal hunter, Daaz, Chisom, Omicpet etc"

The only surprise here is you did not Cc God.

The screenshot
You sell phones to him without my consent? Lol this funny, the entitlement. Are you a slave owner?

To everybody reading this:
There will be three groups of people

1. Those who are given to emotions and opinions over facts and logics.
2. Those that examine the facts and logic
3. Those that are indifferent.

Facts:

1. Techprodigy does not own the seller and he is free to sell whoever he likes.
2. I did not steal any of his deals. Neither have I from any other person. I pick great juicier deals from other people with my own money and they pay me afterwards.
3. I tell every seller I meet if they have stuffs they can text me later (I'm sure every picker does this, other pickers buy stuffs too). Not wrong.
4. The supplier is hurt because I won't meet him and will say anything to discredit me. You all need to see this supplier guy to know whom to believe, if anybody else have met him, they will understand what I'm saying.
5. Techprodigy is not exactly someone who you can trust, he embellishes, lies and intentional distort the truth to his gains.

Opinions/Misleading Information
1. Techprodigy has the sole rights to this seller's products - Wrong
2. I stole his deals - wrong. He hasn't proved that.
3. He said I told the guy not to tell him - I do not recollect but I already disapproved this claim earlier with the two contradictory statements from the supplier.

Reach your own conclusion.
I will reply other comments that are constructive and approach the situation from a fact and evidence based angle. I will ignore opinion based comments.

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hmmmmm Like i said earlier i would only comment after the QDLVY's response.

Prodiggy, is it true that you've defaulted on payments before?

And like i told few people that i talked to offline even before this QDLVY's response, that if QDLVY has picked all items sent by Prodiggy in the past, then he cant label picker as someone not trustworthy.

Another question Prodiggy should ask is why is the supplier just telling him about QDLVY's transactions now.

Now about picker buying from supplier, i dont see anything wrong in it. Its very obvious supplier aint loyal to Techprodiggy. Just like QDLVY mentioned, the supplier only cares about highest bidder. I have a supplier that would always text me before texting lionlee about phones, if i dont respond he would sell to his other clients, i doubt he texts lionlee if i dont tell him to do so. At the same time, i have another that would text both of us but if lionlee gets to respond before me and eventually picks them, supplier would tell me *your brother has picked the phones* thats what we call loyalty.

Conclusion:

Based on prodiggy's submission and qdlvy's response, i do not think picker is a bad person or not trustworthy enough to conduct business transactions with. The only person that's not trustworthy here is the supplier who is only interested in highest offer.

Below is a screenshot of another supplier to show some of them are only interested in highest bidder, they aint really loyal.

5 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote

2 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
essay123:
I remember you didnt flinch when i called your attention to this. People need to hear both sides of a story before casting stones.
Well said bro.

Bros you are a bad Jury!! So because he is a picker now that we entrust our money and seller details with, he has the right to talk to my regular seller behind my back ba? and buy stuffs off him without my consents
Let me give you an instant between me and a macbook regular seller, he gave Lion a different spec of Pc that costed me over 400k and he promised to refund me like 55k right after we talked about the mix up. If Lion is like our Lecturer here do you think I will have that refund back? He would have cut me off from him, dealing with him and i will get short of 56k on that macbook deal then. Is not right, tell him to go on offer up and letgo and get a regular seller fo himself
He can't eat his and have it
You wan be a picker and also a deal hunter? Stay one place kid, stop confusing our thunder
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2019
techprodigy:
Bros you are a bad Jury!! So because he is a picker now that we entrust our money and seller details with, he has the right to talk to my regular seller behind my back ba? and buy stuffs off him without my consents
Let me give you an instant between me and a macbook regular seller, he gave Lion a different spec of Pc that costed me over 400k and he promised to refund me like 55k right after we talked about the mix up. If Lion is like our Lecturer here do you think I will have that refund back? He would have cut me off from him, dealing with him and i will get short of 56k on that macbook deal then. Is not right, tell him to go on offer up and letgo and get a regular seller fo himself
He can't eat his and have it
You wan be a picker and also a deal hunter? Stay one place kid, stop confusing our thunder

Techprodiggy you're getting too emotional and confrontational about this, relax grin

Seriously you should blame your supplier here cos he knows both of you are different, why would he sell to him? its very obvious, highest bidder. I understand you're sad about this but hey it is what it is, we win some we lose some #Shalom

7 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by essay123(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
To be honest. Most phones i buy online are from deal hunters, i hardly search. Through out this year qdlvy picked up just one phone for me. An iPhone 7 plus.
Believe me when i say we are very close and all my phones should come from him. But he will never hijack any deal for you. He will tell you to search for your deals yourself.
The 7 plus he picked for me was searched for my self.
He has access to this sellers just like any other picker. At least other pickers post deals too. You cannot own a seller, you can't buy a seller. A seller sells to whomever will give him the highest profit.
You worked hard to find a seller so that means you automatically own the seller lol. Naija d way una dey reason sha

techprodigy:
You never told me about a time frame to do the complete fund
That is a lie!!!! OMG.. even if you did and you got the money in few minutes from topgamer and I completed it some hours later and also refunded topgamer on an atm. I kept the money with you for a week because I believe my seller will come around the next day not knowing your greedy black hairy ass has bought those Phnoes same day and you keep telling me he did not respond to your text too. A whole week you held on to the fund that is pure wickedness sir. What happened to you telling you no bought them already because the United states is a capitalist country. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:
Hmmmmm Like i said earlier i would only comment after the QDLVY's response.

Prodiggy, is it true that you've defaulted on payments before?

And like i told few people that i talked to offline even before this QDLVY's response, that if QDLVY has picked all items sent by Prodiggy in the past, then he cant label picker as someone not trustworthy.

Another question Prodiggy should ask is why is the supplier just telling him about QDLVY's transactions now.

Now about picker buying from supplier, i dont see anything wrong in it. Its very obvious supplier aint loyal to Techprodiggy. Just like QDLVY mentioned, the supplier only cares about highest bidder. I have a supplier that would always text me before texting lionlee about phones, if i dont respond he would sell to his other clients, i doubt he texts lionlee if i dont tell him to do so. At the same time, i have another that would text both of us but if lionlee gets to respond before me and eventually picks them, supplier would tell me *your brother has picked the phones* thats what we call loyalty.

Conclusion:

Based on prodiggy's submission and qdlvy's response, i do not think picker is a bad person or not trustworthy enough to conduct business transactions with. The only person that's not trustworthy here is the supplier who is only interested in highest offer.

Below is a screenshot of another supplier to show some of them are only interested in highest bidder, they aint really loyal.
I have no business with him dealing with my seller provided I knew about it, I trust the seller he will contact me for deals but because he told him not to tell me about it and that has been going on since January. Hes the picker. There's no way I can manage both of them without their interaction.. loyalty is for the picker to tell me about it not cutting me off. And I never defaulted. the first 2 shipment he did for me I paid everything in full before he shipped out. But when those 2 shipment are taking like forever and people started asking me about an update and how much I trusted him to have done that business with hin then I decided to start refunding clients on my neck for the third shipment
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by bobo65(m): 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
bobo65:

My 2 pennies

Chai no be here I wan post this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Month Price Drop! 1000w (1.5kva) Pure Sine Inverter With Digital Screen / Relocation Sales. Cheap Things Up For Grab!! Lagos. / Nexus 7 3g With Android 4.3 OS For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.