Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers (4703 Views)

Deal Hunters Come In Here / Deal Hunters Please Read!!! / Lord Of Deal Hunters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by BCISLTD: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

Techprodiggy you're getting too emotional and confrontational about this, relax grin

Seriously you should blame your supplier here cos he knows both of you are different, why would he sell to him? its very obvious, highest bidder. I understand you're sad about this but hey it is what it is, we win some we lose some #Shalom

dude...ur not making any sense..and it would come back to bite u in the ass....how would u like to agree a super deal for 200 and ur picker offers 205....

from my understanding that's what happened...mckky would never do this.

finder of seller should always get first dips....

5 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by choosen1: 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
From what has been said so far by both parties no judge in the world can convict qdlvy of theft. However, it is also not difficult to see prodigy's grouse here, except one chooses to be blind.

Though it's business bla bla and no one can lay claim of ownership on a supplier BUT qdlvy you have to understand how we do business over here. Our climate differs from America. We would rather deal with an emotional person, a person who sometimes sees business from an emotional point of view than a core core I'm-all- professional type of guy. Not saying you're a robot but you get my point.

As a picker, If I pay you for your services which can come in form of fuel fee, drop off fee or shipping fee or whatever fee, then I EXPECT you not to encroach into my domain cos that's where I feed from & there's a high possibility that your encroachment (no matter how innocuous it may seem) will affect the channel I feed from. I'm talking about buying from your customers supplier whether or not he seduced you.

If you make bread from your services which I pay for, then its only right for me to EXPECT you to allow me make bread too & not take from it. If a picker whose services I pay for encroaches into my territory, then it becomes a Parasitic relationship not a saprophytic one. E go come look like monkey dey work baboon dey chop cos heaven knows getting a supplier ain't easy. It's a JOB on its own sef. Now you're enjoying from your service I pay for & also enjoying the benefits of getting items for cheap from the supplier I toiled for. Are you going to pay me for that service too? Afteralll it's all business right?

Qdlvy I know you didn't steal from no one. You're not a thief or whatever or evil. I also know you are in a different climate where business takes another perspective that differs from ours. But it shouldn't be hard to understand why prodigy feels slighted here.

We are your customers. We are your targeted market. We are the engine of your business so maybe it wouldn't hurt if you try to come down to our level and understand why some of us might see it as a business-tufiakwa for a picker to buy from our supplier without our knowledge.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by choosen1: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2019
Post modified. lool
All that gibberish about fellowship with Christ & God na autocorrect work.
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by timijoseph01(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

Techprodiggy you're getting too emotional and confrontational about this, relax grin

Seriously you should blame your supplier here cos he knows both of you are different, why would he sell to him? its very obvious, highest bidder. I understand you're sad about this but hey it is what it is, we win some we lose some #Shalom
I sincerely feel "OKAYing" pickers to communicate with Sellers behind their respective dealhunter is a TIME BOMB waiting to explode..
What happens to Picker giving a certain respect to the DealHuter to inform him the Seller has new stuff,, then if the seller is not interested he can go ahead.
**Are you aware in some cases as a bargaining tactics, the hunter may intentional lowball and delay buying,, but in a situation he and picker are now COMPETING for a good, the picker can smarty big higher

**Did you know this Situation is similar to somebody Customer A contacting Lionlee (for instance) for a pick up, and says Customer B already posted it.. Then Customer A goes back to the seller to bid higher causing Customer B to lose the deal

**Have you thought thoroughly the implications of Pickers and Dealhuters competing for same good..? And the Pickers having the upper hand as they have access to the sellers

I'm sure 95% haven't seen or met these Pickers, all these are done on Integrity and Trust. This is a very bad attitude in my opinion..
Yes, he (picker) MAY not have done nothing wrong logically or technically, he's just being SMART eating off the poor DealHunters effort (who ofcourse have no physical access to the sellers), but look beyond the moment, see things on a more larger view.. THIS IS GOING TO HURT THIS PICK UP BIZ IN THE LONG RUN.

9 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by ChisomK9(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

Chief Wildchild your seeing this from a different angle a picker here did same to me he actually told me he does have dollars up to 6k dollars so I settled for 2800$ he said he has but do you know at pick up he pick up double that deal , the supplier told me abt I told the picker you didn’t have to hide from me , he said he sold it to someone who needed too , I told him he should have told me he needed phones too there is no way I wouldn’t tell him to not to pick his ,afterall sometimes a seller will have 3 items ,I will tell him to pick the 3 I will buy two tell him to resell the other one for himself I do this because we all love profits here , for QDLVY acting as if he has the utmost right for what he did is wrong he should have told him my guy me I done buy those phones and I done sell am already I no see say you pay the money or you money no enter on time and I no want make supplier sell to order people simple all this big English I no understand grin me no been the pay attention for school that time na why I no too understand big big English

8 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
BCISLTD:

dude...ur not making any sense..and it would come back to bite u in the ass....how would u like to agree a super deal for 200 and ur picker offers 205....

from my understanding that's what happened...mckky would never do this.

finder of seller should always get first dips....

Mr common sense stop reasoning with your anus. Take a moment to comprehend my comments.

And guess what, this particular picker in question bought the phone he's using now from a supplier of mine and i didnt about cry about it, you know why? Na small thing. Once again, go through the posts again, read and come back to make a more sensible contribution without sentiments. #Shalom
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wesley80(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

Mr common sense stop reasoning with your anus. Take a moment to comprehend my comments.

And guess what, this particular picker in question bought the phone he's using now from a supplier of mine and i didnt about cry about it, you know why? Na small thing. Once again, go through the posts again, read and come back to make a more sensible contribution without sentiments. #Shalom
So according to your logic, you're waiting till he does a "big thing" to you before you complain? And you say person dey reason with his anus? SMH

4 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by ChisomK9(m): 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

chief this not about being emotional
Give thought to this scenario you get supplier let’s say Sam the pick up item for you steady from am then Sam start to buy for him self too then the resell am as deal give me do you know that it will get to point that seller no go reply your msg again he will be dealing with Sam not you anymore because is Sam that always meets him up and buys from him

Abeg will you be happy if the supplier tell you say Sam the always come buy from him grin no na

3 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by McMayor(m): 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2019
Chisom,... you get matter with me too. Come to my whatsapp else we go meet for court of Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
[qu
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Ezemoses42(m): 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
ChisomK9:
Chief Wildchild your seeing this from a different angle a picker here did same to me he actually told me he does have dollars up to 6k dollars so I settled for 2800$ he said he has but do you know at pick up he pick up double that deal , the supplier told me abt I told the picker you didn’t have to hide from me , he said he sold it to someone who needed too , I told him he should have told me he needed phones too there is no way I wouldn’t tell him to not to pick his ,afterall sometimes a seller will have 3 items ,I will tell him to pick the 3 I will buy two tell him to resell the other one for himself I do this because we all love profits here , for QDLVY acting as if he has the utmost right for what he did is wrong he should have told him my guy me I done buy those phones and I done sell am already I no see say you pay the money or you money no enter on time and I no want make supplier sell to order people simple all this big English I no understand grin me no been the pay attention for school that time na why I no too understand big big English

Lol nice one
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
wesley80:

So according to your logic, you're waiting till he does a "big thing" to you before you complain? And you say person dey reason with his anus? SMH

Shake you balls join sef if you don't know what na small thing means.

For me, its QUE SERA SERA. No big deal in anything, everything na smalls. Alubarika Lo ju.
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by chuchwhite: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mr picker i dnt totally agree with you.. cos the seller texting you about products he has, is as good as texting techprodigy. Tech might have told him in his initial dealings With him that a brother of his or cousin would come pick up the phone and then dropped ur number .. so him texting you is as good as texting him cos he feels u guys re either connected or same person he negotiated with ( which happens to be you) cos u re our man on the ground to pick at a fee. So i think you are obliged to tell tech that his seller texted you about some deals and he should reach out to him..then if he doesnt have the money u can pay and resell urself or if has the money to pick all but the deal to sweet for ur eye and u need some. U go still make arrangements with him about picking one or two based on agreement..

Besides all this grammer to much for this ish cos if u were down here hunting like us to, u will know how hurting what you did is and can speak all the grammar cos last last for ur mind nothing wey we fit do na. Na u still dey the yankee na there the upper hand they ..

5 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Kreamie(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2019
This is a long one but read-worthy in the end. All facts

qdlvy:
Hi guys!

In response and defense to the accusations (I don't know if I should characterize it as such but well...), I will try to word this as simple and succinct as possible by giving a response paragraph by paragraph.

"3 weeks ago I contacted a Picker here on nairaland to help with a pick up from one of my regular supplier in Chicago. And when I say a regular Suplier i mean a seller have being dealing with since last year October. The seller always hit me up every week with nothing less than 2 iPhone x in a week."

I assume the picker referred to above is me. Can't speak to the length of Techprodigy's relationship with the regular supplier but I'll take his word for it on that. The length of said relationship is largely irrelevant (reasons for this I'll explain later). About the supplier hitting him up for at least two iPhone X per week is what I presume to be hyperbole, something Techprodigy is known to often do which is to exaggerate.

"Big Sam has helped picked up from me time without numbers, even Big Sam most time take it up with me if I did not turn up pr respond to the seller new stocks by first and I fund him later."

Irrelevant. No response.

"Unfortunately I reached my transfer limit for the day on a ussd mobile transfer of a million naira. I sent him the screenshot of the mobile transfer limit of the day but this picker in Question said he can not help with the pickup unless I fund him. Well i understand because a week before he helped when Same situation arised. Immediately I called Topgamer and another OP to help fund him, I also rushed to a nearby ATM to completed the fund deposit because it was a weekend. Immediately I completed the transfer, Picker kept mute and my supplier also MIA all through that day."

I don't know if he reached his transfer limit but I will take him at his word although he has shown in the past to be untruthful about this. It's true I told him I couldn't help with the pick up unless he paid in full because he has shown many times in the past to be untruthful in these kind of situations (will explain later).
Yes, true. A week or so before, I made a pick up for him from the same 'regular supplier' for an iPhone 8 plus I believe. He did not make a full payment for that and I picked it up because the price was so low that I could live with it even if he defaulted on payment later. This is more about weighing the risk of default payment against the amount which to me made a financial sense. Picking up for people without payment is a decision I make on a case by case basis.
Yes, I told him he needed to pay in full before I can go for this new pick up because the amount of money involved is too large and a bigger risk for me to take on. Considering the history of default payments and intentionally misleading information from Techprodigy, I could not make the pick up without full payment, I told him this and he knew. Meanwhile, I told him a time frame to make full payment if he wants to pick up. Amidst all this, something else was going on.
The regular supplier texted me the day before about the same phones he told Techprodigy. Before I go further, let me explain how this came to be.
Every seller I meet for a pick up, I always tell them before I leave (some even tell me first before I let them know) that if they have any other things to sell now or in future, I can buy, they can text me and let me know and if we agree on a price, I will buy. I did the same thing with the 'regular supplier'. My guess is the regular supplier always ask Techprodigy and I for prices and eventually go for the best for him. Sometimes he gets the deal because his bid is better and sometimes I get the deal. Some of the deals he wins, I still end up picking them for him but I won't pay more for it.
So back to the story, the 'regular supplier' texted me the day before about the same deal and I gave him my price, my guess is he was going back and forth with Techprodigy at the same time. Was there a conflict of interest on my side? Absolutely! However, I'm an emotionally balanced man, I do not give to sentimental misgivings. Techprodigy was willing to pay more for the deal and I was not willing to. The problem is he couldn't make full payment for the phones at the time frame I gave and the guy ended up selling to me at lower price. What Techprodigy fails to acknowledge is the fact that if he hadn't eroded my trust with defaulted payments and lies in the past, I would have made the pick up for him at his price even with payment not made in full. The bulk of my customers base, I pick up for them daily without any payment at all, they pay after I pick up. They pay immediately after and none of these guys have ever defaulted. We will continue until they mess up too, if they ever will.
About picker (me I presume) going mute, yes, true. Many of my customers know I do that a lot, I have school work to tend to. But in this case, it wasn't even school work, my phone stopped working and I switched to an LG phone and didn't back up my contacts and data.
He completed the transfer outside of the time frame I gave which he is well aware of.
Supplier going MIA should not be strange to Techprodigy and he can't feign ignorance on this. The supplier does this every time, he only surfaces when he has phones to sell. I wish people can see this 'supplier' guy, I have expressed my reservations about meeting this guy because I don't know what crimes he commits to get these phones. This is in fact what led to the breakdown of my relationship with him. He hit me up few days ago about some phones, I was not willing to meet him and he got angry. Over the last few times, I have shown my reluctance in continuing to buy phones from him and he is not happy.

"the next morning My picker said he made a switch of his Phone that he did not get any of my messages also he needed the sellers phone number again which I pssted to him. For almost a week he claimed my seller did not responded to his messages I believed him because my messages to the seller got no response too. But I decided to leave the fund with him."

See above for response. Already addressed.

"After a week or so I demanded for a part refund still hoping my seller did not make the rapture while the rest of u missed it na
after 3 weeks .my seller pop up that he has some Phones for sale as at yesterday o. I was mad because I thought you were dead! Dude now begged me that my picker actually bought those phones that day and has always been buying phones from him and confides in him not to tell me."

Also already addressed except the last part.
I don't recollect telling him not to tell you. But to disprove this claim, check the screenshot Techprodigy posted. The supplier stated in the screenshot "I've sold him some phones. DIDN'T know he was doing it behind your back."
How will I tell him not to tell you and he also DIDN'T know I was doing it behind your back. These are two contradictory statements. Who you choose to believe however is your decision but you can't argue against logic and common sense. The guy was angry I was not looking to buy from him anymore because I feel meeting him is dangerous and risky and not sure about his sources for what he sells and he decided to feed you lies.

"I smiled and asked him for more details of their past transaction. Yes im in Nigeria, I understand how some of their system works better than occupant of the Oval office LMAO and have walked my seller through some' and he Is loyal to me to some point more like a favor to returned."

More hilarious hyperbole.
He is not loyal to you because he owes you nothing. He is looking to do business with whoever offers the highest profit to him. He told you all that because I was not willing to meet him anymore, he will feed you any lies now. And by the way, he still sent me a message last night asking me how much? That doesn't sound like loyalty to me. He doesn't owe you. You do not own him as a sole proprietorship or patent. It's a free market in a free country, basic Economics. The idea that he has to sell to you alone is false and misguided, this same idea is what is ruining our country but that's a discussion for another day. He doesn't need your consent to sell to anybody, as much as that might sound hurting to your ears, you can't ignore the facts.
What would have been a wrong doing will be me stealing your deals, that is bad and I do not do that. I pick up very very great deals from people I trust here without payment upfront.

"Well I was calm and asked my picker why he chose to messed up our relationship. I was the first depositor in your pick up business on nairaland Bro, almost a milli naira and I remember vividly Oga Dragnet and some OP had their flashlight up and running when his Thread pops up which I ignored."

I don't understand what you're taking credit for here but it is not hard to see your intention here, which is drum up support and stir people's emotions that you have been done bad by someone you helped. You did not help, in fact, I lost from my initial deals with you. I made so many pickups for you with half of my money. I don't exactly know at this point what the figures are but almost $2000 of my money went into your pick ups. Deals you benefitted greatly from and could have lost if I demanded full payment. Meanwhile not only did you not pay when you promised, you lied to me everyday for 3 weeks. That month, I had to pay my rent on my credit card with 3% credit card processing fee, almost $40 in late payment fees and carried a balance on my 23% APR chase sapphire card, all these not only wiped out all my profits from the pick up, it cost me more. I explained all these to you back then but you kept on lying everyday about making payment. Meanwhile, everything I picked up for you from my own money you made significant profit from because they were all great deals.
My thread went through the normal trusting period to gain customers, I made promo deals of picking up without payment to gain people's trust, it has nothing to do with your input, if anything, you cost me more.

"His response: Bro, the US is a capitalist country. I can buy and sell to anyone I want. Do you think u have a monopoly power to deal with the seller solely ? No, that is just the bitter truth. I buy from him and I don't regret I did. So Bro this is United states o.
Yes I was still calm but bitter, no sign of remorse at all then why did you tell him not to tell me na Bros."

All true.
It is a capitalist country built on free market. You do not own the guy. The length of your relationship to him is irrelevant. He will sell to whomever he deems fit. No wrong doing here, because I did NOT steal your deals you sent me from him (I DON'T DO THIS, IT'S UNEQUIVOCALLY BAD). He texts me of his own volition and he does business with whom he prefers, some of which you win and some I win. I understand how you feel, I probably will feel bad too but the fact is it is not a wrongdoing. Absolutely nothing to apologize for. I will if you come up with a valid argument as to why I should. But as at the moment of writing, you haven't. Everything you have stated have been based on emotions and opinions and not any based on the facts and evidence of wrongdoing.

"My People where is the trust and integrity? Lion will go pick from my Macbook supplier and will still pay me for service and give me report say the dude has more or still expecting more. I owe that Dude an apology i swear
Oga mikky go give u report after a successful pickup that the seller has more o, hit him up asap.
This Is not a drag down or name damages but I want to hear from my fellow deal hunters and pickers."

Where is the trust and integrity you asked? Maybe you should have asked yourself when you broke on your word to me several times in the past about my payments and kept on lying everyday for three weeks while at it.
And you comparing about pickers is a classic case of the defense mechanism "splitting". That's an immature defense mechanism according to DSM IV, won't go down that road with you.
Of course, you need to apologize to Lion for reasons best known to you.
More classic case of splitting.
"This is not a drag down or name damages" but that is what you just did. I don't know if this is brain-fart moment from you or something but you just attempted to drag me down and named names and in the same breath stated you don't want to do so? Read that again and tell me if that sounds smart to you.

"Cc Mikky, Lion, Frinx, Wildchild, Deal hunter, Daaz, Chisom, Omicpet etc"

The only surprise here is you did not Cc God.

The screenshot
You sell phones to him without my consent? Lol this funny, the entitlement. Are you a slave owner?

To everybody reading this:
There will be three groups of people

1. Those who are given to emotions and opinions over facts and logics.
2. Those that examine the facts and logic
3. Those that are indifferent.

Facts:

1. Techprodigy does not own the seller and he is free to sell whoever he likes.
2. I did not steal any of his deals. Neither have I from any other person. I pick great juicier deals from other people with my own money and they pay me afterwards.
3. I tell every seller I meet if they have stuffs they can text me later (I'm sure every picker does this, other pickers buy stuffs too). Not wrong.
4. The supplier is hurt because I won't meet him and will say anything to discredit me. You all need to see this supplier guy to know whom to believe, if anybody else have met him, they will understand what I'm saying.
5. Techprodigy is not exactly someone who you can trust, he embellishes, lies and intentional distort the truth to his gains.

Opinions/Misleading Information
1. Techprodigy has the sole rights to this seller's products - Wrong
2. I stole his deals - wrong. He hasn't proved that.
3. He said I told the guy not to tell him - I do not recollect but I already disapproved this claim earlier with the two contradictory statements from the supplier.

Reach your own conclusion.
I will reply other comments that are constructive and approach the situation from a fact and evidence based angle. I will ignore opinion based comments.

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=chuchw

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Kreamie(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
qdlvy:

I always tell anybody using my services not to tell these sellers I'm a friend or brother. I don't feel comfortable with this because not only is it a lie, it can become a problem if any issue not even relating to this arises. Most sellers I meet, I tell them I run a pick up service and ship out of the country. I have never felt comfortable with that and I strongly discourage this.

I understand you feeling "na yankee you de and last last na you get upper hand", but the truth is I will never use my position to do a wrong, never. But every one perception of wrong doing does not necessarily mean a wrong has been done. Only the facts, evidence can prove a wrong, and there also has to be a standard against which to measure what is wrong and not.
About English, I don't understand the obsession with this, I can only write the way I can unless you want me to grin switch to Yoruba grin which I'm also fluent at.
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Ezemoses42(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2019
qdlvy:

I always tell anybody using my services not to tell these sellers I'm a friend or brother. I don't feel comfortable with this because not only is it a lie, it can become a problem if any issue not even relating to this arises. Most sellers I meet, I tell them I run a pick up service and ship out of the country. I have never felt comfortable with that and I strongly discourage this.

I understand you feeling "na yankee you de and last last na you get upper hand", but the truth is I will never use my position to do a wrong, never. But every one perception of wrong doing does not necessarily mean a wrong has been done. Only the facts, evidence can prove a wrong, and there also has to be a standard against which to measure what is wrong and not.
About English, I don't understand the obsession with this, I can only write the way I can unless you want me to switch to Yoruba which I'm also fluent at.

But you just used your position wrongly against Tech....well it just one person by your side and that shows you are wrong..I don't know why he's supporting this wrong deed but maybe it will happen to him...you just snitched from your day1 customer ....brother change your ways....

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Ezemoses42(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
qdlvy:
[url][/url] hi

About English, I don't understand the obsession with this, I can only write the way I can unless you want me to switch to Yoruba which I'm also fluent at.

If wildchild was in Tech's shoes,he won't take it so why supporting what is not right..
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
To
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by mixter(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
This talk don plenty o. The way forward is the solution right. Enough of the pointing of fingers here and there. If you are owing tech, kindly refund and send his items with you. Mr Tech if you are owing picker, pay up. Above all, the way out is what is needed. I don read tire sef. Back and forth . Enough of all the grammar been blown by Chisom that refused to listen in class back then and to all the grammarians here. grin
The way forward towards resolving the matter is what we need right now .
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ezemoses42:

But you just used your position wrongly against Tech....well it just one person by your side and that shows you are wrong..I don't know why he's supporting this wrong deed but maybe it will happen to him...you just snitched from your day1 customer ....brother change your ways....
the fact is he uses his position wrongly because We confide in him the agreed price with our sellers and he would use that to hype his own offer on the bid. Pathetic!!!

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by qdlvy: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=techprodigy post=77045038] the

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ezemoses42:

If wildchild was in Tech's shoes,he won't take it so why supporting what is not right..

Bro you don't know nothing about me, trust me grin

Did you read the part he said he bought LG phones and Apple watch from my seller? Did I castigate him about it? Nope, na small thing, life na jeje.

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by BCISLTD: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

I'm sorry...you obviously have zero IQ...if u could come up with a reply like this after I posted a factual response without insults...you would probably miss the point even if bursted ur eyes.....before u read the whole thread again....read my post..and this time read it with sense....it will help u in life....idoit

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by BCISLTD: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
choosen1:
From what has been said so far by both parties no judge in the world can convict qdlvy of theft. However, it is also not difficult to see prodigy's grouse here, except one chooses to be blind.

Though it's business bla bla and no one can lay claim of ownership on a supplier BUT qdlvy you have to understand how we do business over here. Our climate differs from America. We would rather deal with an emotional person, a person who sometimes sees business from an emotional point of view than a core core I'm-all- professional type of guy. Not saying you're a robot but you get my point.

As a picker, If I pay you for your services which can come in form of fuel fee, drop off fee or shipping fee or whatever fee, then I EXPECT you not to encroach into my domain cos that's where I feed from & there's a high possibility that your encroachment (no matter how innocuous it may seem) will affect the channel I feed from. I'm talking about buying from your customers supplier whether or not he seduced you.

If you make bread from your services which I pay for, then its only right for me to EXPECT you to allow me make bread too & not take from it. If a picker whose services I pay for encroaches into my territory, then it becomes a Parasitic relationship not a saprophytic one. E go come look like monkey dey work baboon dey chop cos heaven knows getting a supplier ain't easy. It's a JOB on its own sef. Now you're enjoying from your service I pay for & also enjoying the benefits of getting items for cheap from the supplier I toiled for. Are you going to pay me for that service too? Afteralll it's all business right?

Qdlvy I know you didn't steal from no one. You're not a thief or whatever or evil. I also know you are in a different climate where business takes another perspective that differs from ours. But it shouldn't be hard to understand why prodigy feels slighted here.

We are your customers. We are your targeted market. We are the engine of your business so maybe it wouldn't hurt if you try to come down to our level and understand why some of us might see it as a business-tufiakwa for a picker to buy from our supplier without our knowledge.

very sound......like I said to an idiot before...imagine negotiating a super deal for $200 and u give ur picker details.. and he goes there and offers the seller $205...

and continually goes to offer the supplier a bit more everytime..

and ur wrong about finding the picker at fault....u can sue in saner climes...for acting in bad faith....and using privilege information....and for causing u loss of income....tell that idiot wildchild to read law of Agency!!!...ignorant idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by techprodigy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
wildchild1:

Bro you don't know nothing about me, trust me grin

Did you read the part he said he bought LG phones and Apple watch from my seller? Did I castigate him about it? Nope, na small thing, life na jeje.
your seller told you about it or not? That Is the different here.. don't you get it. Dude told my seller not to talk to me again man. That suck, since January and hey I still deal in millions everyday on homeland I no die ke. The only reason i called him out is for him to come tell his clients that he can transact with their sellers without their consents and that is achieved. Poo

1 Like

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 10:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Kreamie(m): 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
All these ‘my seller’ branding is starting to piss me off..

A seller isn’t inclined to sell to just one person. That he’s chosen you as a favorite or that you transact often doesn’t automatically mean you have sole proprietorship over him/her.

Wish these OfferUp sellers could read all these comments. Having grouches over who sells what to whom.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by phazotron(m): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2019
Kreamie:
All these ‘my seller’ branding is starting to piss me off..

A seller isn’t inclined to sell to just one person. That he’s chosen you as a favorite or that you transact often doesn’t automatically mean you have sole proprietorship over him/her.

Wish these OfferUp sellers could read all these comments. Having grouches over who sells what to whom.. undecided

Na true oooooo.....highest bidder gets the merchandise.
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
techprodigy:
your seller told you about it or not? That Is the different here.. don't you get it. Dude told my seller not to talk to me again man. That suck, since January and hey I still deal in millions everyday on homeland I no die ke. The only reason i called him out is for him to come tell his clients that he can transact with their sellers without their consents and that is achieved. Poo

No the seller didn't tell me, QDLVY told me himself and I didn't even bother to ask seller about it. Have bought other phones from the same seller thereafter.

Techprodigy oya no vex, this matter na small thing make we go Mama Nkechi side go take 2 2 bottles grin
Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by Perspec(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
qdlvy:

Constructive, coherent and balanced comment.

I understand the emotional aspect which I do acknowledge in an earlier statement.
A large percentage of this business is being done here in the US, the phrase "when in Rome, behave like the Romans" comes to mind here. With that being said, all pickers on this platform also buy and sell stuffs, we are not exclusively pickers. If anyone thinks it's not "your supplier" selling them stuffs and they found the deals themselves, then oh well... Where do we draw the line of encroachment and wrongdoing is now the question. My premise is this - if you send me a deal and I go pick it up for myself, then that is bad, I will never do that. If the seller texts me of his own free will, then it is not wrong. One thing everybody needs to acknowledge from this business is the limitation of your relationship with these sellers, they meet with us every time, we have a physical interaction. I can't begin to write what many sellers have texted me after leaving them. One gay seller texted me some things I can't even write here, I blocked him afterwards. That's just one of many examples. Contrary to another guy's response here (not gonna address him directly), I don't have an obligation to bring the deal a seller texted me personally to you because you consider seller 'your supplier'. It's to my discretion what I do with that offer.
And I'm sure all pickers can't possibly buy the whole market. It's simple market dynamics, I don't know what the other guy is bidding. For example, I have picked up for Techprodigy from this same seller during this period because I don't know what he offered and he won the bid apparently.

I'm not someone who will lie to further my business so let me put this out there to everyone; if you have a reservation about your supplier selling to me of his own free will because you believe you have a sole proprietorship to his products then do not contact me for pick ups. What I will not do however is steal you deals to pick them up for myself.
The LG phone I'm using now was from a seller Wildchild sent to me. I met with him to pick up for Wildchild, I pick the items Wildchild sent, the seller offered to sell some LG phones and another apple watch, I threw him a ridiculous offer and he accepted. Wildchild knew about this. I assumed he has also spoken to him about the phones too. No wrong doing.
Just as I stated earlier, if anybody have reservations about using my services, stay away. I'm totally fine with my customer base. I even turn people down, I have school work, I have to study too because I can't be looking dumb to my attending during ward rounds.

Great comment by way.

The funny thing about this whole ish is that NO BUYER will forbid his picker buying from his supplier if the picker goes like how far bro, your supplier messages me occasionally, would you be cool if I do business with him?

Of course you don't need his permission to buy from whomever you so wish cos the buyer doesn't own his supplier's products & you also reserve the right to buy from whom you wish, but the idea here is that you're sending a message to the buyer that even though it's business and you can deal however you wish and with anybody you so please, you also understand the human-emotional side of it. This also gives the impression that it's not all about the money for you. It solidifies the RESPECT both parties have for each other and fosters Trust - an important ingredient in this volatile pick up Business where your thousands of dollars travel week-in week-out, day-in day-out into the hands of somebody you CHOOSE to trust blindly. Yes, blindly.

You mentioned something about a certain delay of arrival of goods by three weeks or so. Then you said it's NORMAL. That these things happen due to the nature of the business. But the absolute truth is that it's not an excuse. As a matter of fact, it's none of my business as a buyer. I payed for your service. If you tell me my goods is gonna arrive within a time frame and it doesn't, then be ready to compensate me for time wasted. THIS IS BUSINESS!!!

But did techprodigy or the rest that were financially affected by the delay do so even though it's legally within thier rights? Nope. That's because there's also this human-emotional side to business we Nigerians hold so dearly that forms the core of our relationships & patnerships in the business sphere.

Though I'm not privy to your chats with clients but I'm sure the worst most of them did during the delay was complain that clients are on their necks, but nevertheless they understood with you even though this is business and they do not owe you that understanding. The same patience and understanding I'm sure most Americans would not exercise with you because over there, business is business and that's it.

See why I said business climates differ and as a result business perspectives differ too, so one should always try to come down to the level of the customer if it wouldn't hurt and just like you said, behave like the Romans when in Rome. Else forget about getting served the best pasta on the menu.

Anyways, at least now you've issued a proper disclaimer and everyone knows the terms now. There'll be no future clash of business- emotional perspectives again. That's fair enough I guess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buyers And Deal Hunters.. Please Beware Of Some Pickers by wildchild1: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
ChisomK9:

We don talk this matter for phone before na, e dey different from this particular one but I get you sha.

Shebi you go school na, me no even go at all, na Pry 6 i drop out go dey play dice and whot for street grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Neatly Used 64gig Iphone 6 For Sale(check last post for latest arrival) / New Month Price Drop! 1000w (1.5kva) Pure Sine Inverter With Digital Screen / Relocation Sales. Cheap Things Up For Grab!! Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.