Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529033 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MackyNaija(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Legally there is no way boss man...... If age is by your side you can try the education ways..... Read mackynaija thread
From my experiences, there is little to no age barrier as far as a Masters is concerned in the field of STEM.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning and Happy New Month. Please anyone in the house should help me out here as I am stuck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gloriouscrown: 5:43am On Nov 02, 2019
Hello all, please is it possible to get an available date for renewal before Christmas this year?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gloriouscrown: 6:15am On Nov 02, 2019
[Hello, can I get a date for my renewal before Christmas? quote author=Candybright post=83283819]
That's the only time available on that 11th. I guess becausee people already picked later time. Click on 12th and see what time is available. Do you really want to pick that date? Chill small and the dates will return back to maybe December and yiu pick. But if not in a haste, you can pick the Feb date [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2019
I like how you answered yourself in the third person

Gloriouscrown:
[Hello, can I get a date for my renewal before Christmas? quote author=Candybright post=83283819]
That's the only time available on that 11th. I guess becausee people already picked later time. Click on 12th and see what time is available. Do you really want to pick that date? Chill small and the dates will return back to maybe December and yiu pick. But if not in a haste, you can pick the Feb date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspal: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2019
Happy Sunday my people,

I wanted to apply for a tourist visa so I already paid my visa fee before I started following this thread.

I have a strong profile BY MY STANDARD but having read through the comment so far my liver dey drop because I have ZERO travel history. I never even go Cotonou before.
I have a good income, have family and children, have property and other things that can prove ties to Nigeria.

Pls I need an advice, should I just forfeit the visa fee I already paid or is there a way of recovering it. Or can it be used much later?
From what I have read so far the lack of travel history is automatic rejection.

I wanted to book for a conference but none with good return policy. As in if am bounced, the gbese go increase.

I need a professional advice pls.

Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Godspal:

Pls I need an advice, should I just forfeit the visa fee I already paid or is there a way of recovering it. Or can it be used much later?

I wanted to book for a conference but none with good return policy. As in if am bounced, the gbese go increase.

Many thanks
When is your intending conference?does the conference have a later date?your fee has one year duration,if you have strong fund then you and family can do Dubai,Rwanda before applying. the thing is to have a plan and follow it through.if not fashi

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspal: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Many thanks for this.
Yes the conference has later dates.
The good thing about your reply is the information that the fee lasts for 1 year.
Thanks once more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mcafeez: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hello house...

Please is anyone having the same issue... my friend appointment login is not going...

I also tried it in my office... it kept showing this..

Error:
Unable to validate captcha. Please try again.

And the captcha is correct.

PS. Interview is Wednesday and he's not able to link his DS160 since yet since two weeks his login is having issue..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Godspal:
Happy Sunday my people,

I wanted to apply for a tourist visa so I already paid my visa fee before I started following this thread.

I have a strong profile BY MY STANDARD but having read through the comment so far my liver dey drop because I have ZERO travel history. I never even go Cotonou before.
I have a good income, have family and children, have property and other things that can prove ties to Nigeria.

Many thanks

I will use myself as a case study.
I had zero travel history and applied with a new passport in Feb this year. Sept this year, I was in NY and Washington, D.C.
Travel history is important, but not a death sentence.
Going for a conference is a cheap excuse non-geniune applicants use, hence the embassy disdain for conference being listed as purpose of travel.
If you can properly communicate your "good income, have family and children, have property and other things that can prove ties to Nigeria", then you can get an approval.
PS. I applied alone. Stated vacation and possible business meetings in my Feb interview.
Don't let the comments here (which are majorly true representation of embassy instances) let your liver fail.
Just rethink the conference if it's not going to give you the confidence required before a VO.
Have you filled out a DS160, because paying the visa fees is different from application form and booking for interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspal: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thank you,

I have not filled the form yet. I just paid at the bank last week then I decided to visit this forum.

I have good income from business. Have children and am not going with them.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I now know is possible to get a visa without travel history.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
Godspal:
Thank you,

I have not filled the form yet. I just paid at the bank last week then I decided to visit this forum.

No one said it's impossible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cretin: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
so my wife and i have 2 different profiles on the usa visa site, we hv obtained visas separately, and travelled together in the past, now we wish to travel together, and i am thinking to link both of our profiles together, is this really critical, or i should leave it as it is?

note: in the ds160 form, we are stating we are travelling together..with me as the sponsor.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
cretin:
so my wife and i have 2 different profiles on the usa visa site, we hv obtained visas separately, and travelled together in the past, now we wish to travel together, and i am thinking to link both of our profiles together, is this really critical, or i should leave it as it is?

note: in the ds160 form, we are stating we are travelling together..with me as the sponsor.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria
You can go ahead and book your appointment same day/time and walk up to the VO same time. No big deal or just add her to your appointment profile. Same same

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Godspal:
Thank you,

No one said its possible while anyone too didnt say it is impossible, we are hear to advise, it is your choice that will determine what you do. decide what you think its best for you, good thing you have read alot here (according to you),so use what you have read, to determine your nest step. best of luck

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Doctoropera(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2019
My mum of 70 yrs old is having her interview tomorrow. Can someone kindly help with things to take to the embassy? I’d really appreciate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2019
Good day everyone,

Has anyone who gave birth in the US renewed their visas recently? Or gone for interview? What was your experience please? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Visa denied today.
Medical Student in west indies.
Applied for my US Visa 2 years ago originally to visit sibling at an Ivy League University in the USA, However during my visit, I passed the exams necessary to start clinical rotations in USA teaching hospitals (The medical schools on the west indies islands do their clinical rotations in USA). upon successful completion of that exam,I came back to Nigeria and returned back to USA after one and half month to resume rotations and I have been back and forth a couple of times doing my rotations with only 12 more weeks to go to becoming a doctor now. V/Officer asked me why i have been making frequent visits to USA which i explained(due to clinical rotations) and she told me that i said i was going to visit my sister on my first interview which I seconded, she said that I wanted the visa for my clinical rotations and was afraid I might be denied which is why I said i was visiting my sister, i argued that was not the case but she insisted.

I had not even passed the exams to begin rotations at the time of application, I was indeed going to visit my sister and to also study for the exams with my classmates , which I did and passed successfully. I was born in an EU country with a nigerian passport and have been to about 10 EU countries including UK,norway,sweden,holland,france. I really dont know what to do. Just paid another fee for a new appointment, supposed to resume the next rotation in a week, this was so devastating and overwhelming.any advice house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:
Visa denied today.
Medical Student in west indies.
Applied for my US Visa 2 years ago originally to visit sibling at an Ivy League University in the USA, However during my visit, I passed the exams necessary to start clinical rotations in USA teaching hospitals (The medical schools on the west indies islands do their clinical rotations in USA). upon successful completion of that exam,I came back to Nigeria and returned back to USA after one and half month to resume rotations and I have been back and forth a couple of times doing my rotations with only 12 more weeks to go to becoming a doctor now. V/Officer asked me why i have been making frequent visits to USA which i explained(due to clinical rotations) and she told me that i said i was going to visit my sister on my first interview which I seconded, she said that I wanted the visa for my clinical rotations and was afraid I might be denied which is why I said i was visiting my sister, i argued that was not the case but she insisted.

I had not even passed the exams to begin rotations at the time of application, I was indeed going to visit my sister and to also study for the exams with my classmates , which I did and passed successfully. I was born in an EU country with a nigerian passport and have been to about 10 EU countries including UK,norway,sweden,holland,france. I really dont know what to do. Just paid another fee for a new appointment, supposed to resume the next rotation in a week, this was so devastating and overwhelming.any advice house.

Sorry to hear. In nutshell, what the V.O is saying is that you abused your tourist visa (whether or not you intended to do so when you applied.) What visa category are you now applying for? Most candidates I’ve worked with in this category usually apply for J-visa unless if the clinical is OBSERVATION ONLY. Make sure to check with your DSO for the correct visa category.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
[quote author=Ferd[/quote] What do u expect u were on tourist visa bro.... U misused your visa..
Sorry buddy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Same B1/B2. That is the visa required for these clinical rotations, and it is even in their foreign affairs manual.

wuki:

Sorry to hear. In nutshell, what the V.O is saying is that you abused your tourist visa (whether or not you intended to do so when you applied.) What visa category are you now applying for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:
Same B1/B2. That is the visa required for these clinical rotations, and it is even in their foreign affairs manual.

Is your clinical OBSERVATION ONLY? You cannot receive funds under B1/B2 — that would be contrary to the immigration laws.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Clinical rotations for caribbean students rotating in US hospitals are done on a tourist visa.This is the reference in the foreign affairs manual.As a matter of fact, a few of my nigerian classmates succesfully had their renewals.They already had B1/B2 visas and it makes no sense applying for a b1/b2 visa specifically for rotations when you already have a valid one.

9 FAM 402.2-5(E)(3) sets forth the rules for using a B1 visa to engage in a medical clerkship.

The medical clerkship exception applies to an alien who is studying at a foreign medical school. Such an alien may seek to enter the United States temporarily in B1 status in order to take an elective clerkship at a U.S. medical school's hospital. Such an alien may not receive remuneration from the hospital. The FAM explains that an “elective clerkship” is defined as “afford[ing] practical experience and instructions in the various disciplines of medicine under the supervision and direction of faculty physicians at a U.S. medical school's hospital as an approved part of the alien's foreign medical school education.”

The FAM makes clear that the medical clerkship is only for foreign “medical students pursuing their normal third or fourth year internship in a U.S. medical school as part of a foreign medical degree.”
[quote author=Spanishmilf post=83733370][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
No renumeration at all. It is purely observation under the supervision of licensed physicians.
wuki:

Is your clinical OBSERVATION ONLY? You cannot receive funds under B1/B2 — that would be contrary to the immigration laws.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:
Clinical rotations for caribbean students rotating in US hospitals are done on a tourist visa.This is the reference in the foreign affairs manual.As a matter of fact, a few of my nigerian classmates succesfully had their renewals.They already had B1/B2 visas and it makes no sense applying for a b1/b2 visa specifically for rotations when you already have a valid one.

9 FAM 402.2-5(E)(3) sets forth the rules for using a B1 visa to engage in a medical clerkship.

The medical clerkship exception applies to an alien who is studying at a foreign medical school. Such an alien may seek to enter the United States temporarily in B1 status in order to take an elective clerkship at a U.S. medical school's hospital. Such an alien may not receive remuneration from the hospital. The FAM explains that an “elective clerkship” is defined as “afford[ing] practical experience and instructions in the various disciplines of medicine under the supervision and direction of faculty physicians at a U.S. medical school's hospital as an approved part of the alien's foreign medical school education.”

The FAM makes clear that the medical clerkship is only for foreign “medical students pursuing their normal third or fourth year internship in a U.S. medical school as part of a foreign medical degree.”
just googled it now it legal.... I don't know why d VO denied u
Are u planning to reapply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Shouldnt J-1 visas be the visas for residencies. My clinicals are purely observation without any renumeration whatsoever.
wuki:

Sorry to hear. In nutshell, what the V.O is saying is that you abused your tourist visa (whether or not you intended to do so when you applied.) What visa category are you now applying for? Most candidates I’ve worked with in this category usually apply for J-visa unless if the clinical is OBSERVATION ONLY. Make sure to check with your DSO for the correct visa category.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yes i am

Spanishmilf:
just googled it now it legal.... I don't know why d VO denied u
Are u planning to reapply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:

This only applies if you’re not receiving any form of compensation/remuneration. That said, it will be hard to prove your case to the V.O that your original visa was intended for tourist purposes only. Except if you are implying that you had no interest in medical rotation prior to the trip and only after you got to the States did you become interested. No harm in reapplying as long as you can convincingly argue that you did not *intend* to abuse your tourist visa. Clearly, that’s what your VO was more interested in establishing — and likely your next interviewer too. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
And I am NOT receiving and remuneration /compensation. I have documentation that shows when my clinical rotation started (which was on my second visit on my visa to the USA), unfortunately they do not ask to see any documentation. The modus operandi of caribean medical schools is such that clinical rotations are done in the USA after passing an exam. At the time I applied for my visa, I had not passed that exam so rotations were out of the question at that time. V.O just kept saying her assumptions, I had no chance to explain talkless of showing any documented evidence.
wuki:

This only applies if you’re not receiving any form of compensation/remuneration. That said, it will be hard to prove your case to the V.O that your original visa was intended for tourist purposes only. Except if you are implying that you had no interest in medical rotation prior to trip and only after you got to the States did you become interested. No harm in reapplying as long as you can convincingly argue that you did not *intend* to abuse your tourist visa. That’s what your VO was more interested in establishing — and likely your next interviewer too. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:
And I am NOT receiving and remuneration /compensation. I have documentation that shows when my clinical rotation started (which was on my second visit on my visa to the USA), unfortunately they do not ask to see any documentation. The modus operandi of caribean medical schools is such that clinical rotations are done in the USA after passing an exam. At the time I applied for my visa, I had not passed that exam so rotations were out of the question at that time. V.O just kept saying her assumptions, I had no chance to explain talkless of showing any documented evidence.

Make sure to bring all the documentation supporting your argument. Your next interviewer may be more receptive to what you have to say.

P.S: I understand you were likely going back and forth because you didn’t want to run the risk of overstaying. A workaround to this is you could have filed for an extension of status using form I-539, supporting documents and fee payment while still in the States.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
What do you think about going back to the island where my school is and applying from a US embassy or Consulate in that region?

wuki:

Make sure to bring all the documentation supporting your argument. Your next interviewer may be more receptive to what you have to say.

P.S: I understand you were likely going back and forth because you didn’t want to run the risk of overstaying. A workaround to this is you could have filed for an extension of status using form I-539, supporting documents and fee payment while still in the States.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolly22(m): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Guys please which Hotel is close to the embassy? My interview is coming up this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.