Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,582 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528192 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ferdinand234:
And I am NOT receiving and remuneration /compensation. I have documentation that shows when my clinical rotation started (which was on my second visit on my visa to the USA), unfortunately they do not ask to see any documentation. The modus operandi of caribean medical schools is such that clinical rotations are done in the USA after passing an exam. At the time I applied for my visa, I had not passed that exam so rotations were out of the question at that time. V.O just kept saying her assumptions, I had no chance to explain talkless of showing any documented evidence.

Sorry, what was your first visit on that visa about majorly? And the application that got refused now, what was the main reason for wanting it as declared by you to the VO?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ipassu: 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello All,
I mistakenly used my expired passport to make payment for US visa. Please is there anything I can do apart my making another payment. 60k is a lot of money to just throw away
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AjalaDtraveller(f): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mancala:

True dat. But why only 3 minutes for such an "important" interview? From what I hear, they are also somewhat dismissive and could be more empathetic during the process. Nigerians do pay a Kings ransome (by our standards) and deserve a fair shake. Why can't they take their time and do a thorough interview like they do in other countries if the can't rely on documentation? There are other countries in the world with a similar reputation for shady documents where they take their time and do a proper background check and document vetting through third party contractors before the interview. I believe this is what they need to do in Nigeria. Besides, isn't that what the visa fee is supposed to cover?
To correct an impression : I applied for my USA visa from outside Nigeria and I am not exaggerating, my interview was less than 1 minute honestly. No single document asked.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by techLady: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
My friend had his interview for US visa renewal on Oct 2nd and has still not been notified to pick up his passport. The status on CEAC has been on "Application received" for a month. We have tried calling and sending emails but no one has been helpful. Has anyone seen this before, any suggestions on what can be done? I am getting very worried about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
My first visit on the visa was to see my sister . I did not do any clinical rotations whatsoever on the very first visit. On the application that got refused today, i never got a chance to declare to the VO that my reason was to conclude my clinical clerkships, asides filling it on my DS-160 form, the VO did not ask me this question before dismissing me. I just wanted a fair hearing.
OmoBendel24:

Sorry, what was your first visit on that visa about majorly? And the application that got refused now, what was the main reason for wanting it as declared by you to the VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
AjalaDtraveller:

To correct an impression : I applied for my USA visa from outside Nigeria and I am not exaggerating, my interview was less than 1 minute honestly. No single document asked.

They hardly request for any document in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cretin: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Candybright:

You can go ahead and book your appointment same day/time and walk up to the VO same time. No big deal or just add her to your appointment profile. Same same

would prefer to add her to my profile, just incase, am unable to get same date/time for both of us while booking.
am considering mailing the embassy peeps her pp data page, so as to add her, as i get an error message when trying to add her in my profile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
techLady:
My friend had his interview for US visa renewal on Oct 2nd and has still not been notified to pick up his passport. The status online has been on "Application received" for a month. We have tried calling and sending emails but no one has been helpful. Has anyone seen this before, any suggestions on what can be done? I am getting very worried about it.

He should check his ceac site for his visa status.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello Ferdinand. Just a tip that a friend swears by. As you reapply, take charge of your interview. You are neither a thief nor a flight risk. At the start of your interview forget the good morning, no one cares how anyone's morning is, start by telling the VO that you would really appreciate if he/she gives you the opportunity to be heard. Point out you travelled to see your sister before you passed the exam, thus used for the initial purpose. Then take it from there.

Ferdinand234:
Clinical rotations for caribbean students rotating in US hospitals are done on a tourist visa.This is the reference in the foreign affairs manual.As a matter of fact, a few of my nigerian classmates succesfully had their renewals.They already had B1/B2 visas and it makes no sense applying for a b1/b2 visa specifically for rotations when you already have a valid one.

9 FAM 402.2-5(E)(3) sets forth the rules for using a B1 visa to engage in a medical clerkship.

The medical clerkship exception applies to an alien who is studying at a foreign medical school. Such an alien may seek to enter the United States temporarily in B1 status in order to take an elective clerkship at a U.S. medical school's hospital. Such an alien may not receive remuneration from the hospital. The FAM explains that an “elective clerkship” is defined as “afford[ing] practical experience and instructions in the various disciplines of medicine under the supervision and direction of faculty physicians at a U.S. medical school's hospital as an approved part of the alien's foreign medical school education.”

The FAM makes clear that the medical clerkship is only for foreign “medical students pursuing their normal third or fourth year internship in a U.S. medical school as part of a foreign medical degree.”

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks very much boss. I really appreciate the advice, Yea I was not given a chance to be heard at all . I am thinking of going to the abuja office now for the next interview, I just want to finish my degree, 4 more months to go and this bottleneck now.
groovychik:
Hello Ferdinand. Just a tip that a friend swears by. As you reapply, take charge of your interview. You are neither a thief nor a flight risk. At the start of your interview forget the good morning, no one cares how anyone's morning is, start by telling the VO that you would really appreciate if he/she gives you the opportunity to be heard. Point out you travelled to see your sister before you passed the exam, thus used for the initial purpose. Then take it from there.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by techLady: 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
He has checked and it had been stuck on "Application Received" for a month. Does any one have any idea or has anyone seen this before?
seyewest:

He should check his ceac site for his visa status.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Osumare2013: 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Legally there is no way boss man...... If age is by your side you can try the education ways..... Read mackynaija thread
Thanks sir/ma
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 8:33am On Nov 05, 2019
In the meanwhile i paid another visa fee but closest appointment is January 2, I was thinking of requesting for an expedited appointment with the supporting documents from my school and the US hospital.However, What does anyone think about if i go back to the island where my school is and apply for another b1/b2 at a consulate/ embassy in the region? (
P.S : the expired visa was stamped -cancelled without prejudice- ; i do hope that is not a problem?
Thanks very much to all you guys with your advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2019
Ferdinand234:
In the meanwhile i paid another visa fee but closest appointment is January 2, I was thinking of requesting for an expedited appointment with the supporting documents from my school and the US hospital.However, What does anyone think about if i go back to the island where my school is and apply for another b1/b2 at a consulate/ embassy in the region? (
P.S : the expired visa was stamped -cancelled without prejudice- ; i do hope that is not a problem?
Thanks very much to all you guys with your advice.
thought u said u were born in EU why can't u apply in your birth country??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2019
Yes i was born in the EU,i do not live there.i have a nigerian passport.
Spanishmilf:
thought u said u were born in EU why can't u apply in your birth country??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2019
techLady:
He has checked and it had been stuck on "Application Received" for a month. Does any one have any idea or has anyone seen this before?

He should write them through the cgi profile or call them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Good day house. Please I need help.
I made a mistake on my already submitted ds 160 form. I mistook my intended date of arrival to departure time. Please can I still correct this
How do I go about it??
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by rago(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2019
You will have to begin a new ds 160 application

Gospelozy:
Good day house. Please I need help.
I made a mistake on my already submitted ds 160 form. I mistook my intended date of arrival to departure time. Please can I still correct this
How do I go about it??
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good morning everyone,

I will be renewing my passport December, although it expires March , due to some circumstances I cant renew my passport now, but is it possible to book my ticket with my passport and travel with the renewed one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
groovychik:

Personally, I’d be careful with this approach. FYI: long before you appear for your interview, the consulate likely would have reviewed the data on your DS-160 and added in their notes. This is the only logical explanation to why interviews sometimes last as short as a minute. The VO probably already knows what [s]he needs to know. Coming up to say: “hey, I want to be heard” comes at the expense of sounding desperate. Of course every applicant is there to be heard; saying it out loud is simply counterintuitive. Going on to start explaining things without being asked could see you shooting yourself in the foot.
My fist visa interview back in 2010 resulted in a denial and I wasn’t even given a chance to explain what seemed to be a concern to the VO. I secured another interview 3 days later with the help of a friend at CGI — and my interview lasted only 3 minutes. VO didn’t raise any of the concerns from my previous interview from 3 days ago; in short, my visa was issued. This is exactly why I mentioned earlier that your next interview may not necessarily follow the same pattern as the former. Carry all supporting docs to argue your case, be brief to the point and don’t forget your confidence at home. Show no desperation or slickness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ferdinand234:
What do you think about going back to the island where my school is and applying from a US embassy or Consulate in that region?

Yep, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t have come back home to reapply in Nigeria especially if you’re able to secure an earlier interview date in the islands. Back when I was on H1B visa, I flew from the States to the Bahamas for my visa interview. Lasted only 2 minutes and wasn’t as stressful. I’ve had few clients apply in next-door countries like Canada and Mexico with similar experiences. So if going to the islands is an option, I’d encourage that. Otherwise, try emergency appointment in Nigeria — with ample reasoning. Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
wuki:

Personally, I’d be careful with this approach. FYI: long before you appear for your interview, the consulate likely would have reviewed the data on your DS-160 and added in their notes. This is the only logical explanation to why interviews sometimes last as short as a minute. The VO probably already knows what [s]he needs to know. Coming up to say: “hey, I want to be heard” comes at the expense of sounding desperate. Of course every applicant is there to be heard; saying it out loud is simply counterintuitive. Going on to start explaining things without being asked could see you shooting yourself in the foot.
My fist visa interview back in 2010 resulted in a denial and I wasn’t even given a chance to explain what seemed to be a concern to the VO. I secured another interview 3 days later with the help of a friend at CGI — and my interview lasted only 3 minutes. VO didn’t raise any of the concerns from my previous interview from 3 days ago; in short, my visa was issued. This is exactly why I mentioned earlier that your next interview may not necessarily follow the same pattern as the former. Carry all supporting docs to argue your case, be brief to the point and don’t forget your confidence at home. Show no desperation or slickness.

And state your own story in reason why they denied you visa section, your explanation will be noted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
wuki:

and please while explaining make it short..... No way I'm reading your long epistle
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
and please while explaining make it short..... No way I'm reading your long epistle

There’s an audience for that “epistle” — it wasn’t meant for you. No offense.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jojochik: 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello house! I went for my interview last week Monday and I was given the white paper after the interview and my passport was witheld for administrative processing.. Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes as the Vo said 7days but today is the 7th biz day and am worried
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ugbarreta(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
TWoods:

Your example is why even those with strong profiles sometimes get denied. If they had mentioned they could not afford the cost of flight tickets, they would have been denied. They obviously lied at their interview. These lies are why even the rich find it difficult gaining the trust of the VOs today.
Abeg Liv Dat one weh u deh talk. They rich also lie.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
My visa renewal interview is tomorrow � I didn’t over stay and didn’t do anything. A little bit jittery tho.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
wuki:

I'm talkin, on behalf of all us here in this section.......... U can write 1 paragraph abeg
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
millyscent:
My visa renewal interview is tomorrow � I didn’t over stay and didn’t do anything. A little bit jittery tho.

God speed.
It's okay to be jittery. You are human.
Do try and remember to be calm, be confident and it's going to be a good day tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
fkj950ax:

God speed.
It's okay to be jittery. You are human.
Do try and remember to be calm, be confident and it's going to be a good day tomorrow.

Tnx...I am jittery cos my form was all messed up. I wasn’t too sure if my contact person in the USA left his job or not so I simply put “I don’t know”....I couldn’t reach him the time I was filling the form.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by missb50: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I'm talkin, on behalf of all us here in this section.......... U can write 1 paragraph abeg

On behalf of who?

Really, how old are you?

Most of the stuffs you post here are very insensitive and abusive.

Have you attended a US VISA interview before?

Have you been to the US before?

I doubt you have any experience on US visa cases.

I bet anyone that follows your advise here has OYO has his/her case.

Don't touch me, I no well o, I am going back to my corner.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
wuki:

On point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.