Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,405 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528161 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yusuf1743: 6:23am On Nov 07, 2019
millyscent:

Denied dear. I will travel to other places and reapply next year. Man can only propose but God disposes.

Oh sorry dear.... But if l may ask pls what's the VO reasons for your denial this time when you did not overstay. This America embassy VO is turning to something else. I think they derive pleasure in denying people visa and make it hard for people who have valid visa and not overstay of having second thought. The fact you did not over stay should be an automatic.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2019
millyscent:

Denied dear. I will travel to other places and reapply next year. Man can only propose but God disposes.
Care to share
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2019
carnal:
I have renewed on 4 different occasions before expiration date
@Momoney77,go ahead and apply for renewal before expiration,it is allowed
Yes, you can apply for a renewal before your US visa expires. But ensure that your earlier visa expires at the most 1 year in the future. There is no written rule which mandates the maximum time prior to the earlier visa expiry that you can renew your visa.Jul
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2019
Ferdinand234:
I m still on it. I have not been able to secure an earlier date yet.

tbvh I will advise you to apply in your birth country
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2019
Fatimahil25:
Hi Guys

please i need your help or advice rather. my interview is 1st week in November and this is my standing.

i went to the united states once with my mom when i was underage, when my visa expired i renewed via drop box and got 2 years again, the problem here is i never used it, mostly because of school(Unilag) and the frequent strikes that occurred, there was lot of uncertainity with regards to when strike would be called off, and mostly exam followed next after strike . so in the nutshell i didn't use it, this is as far back 2014/ 2015.

After then i have been to dubai 3 times, mostly November /December for vacation and time off work. This year i went in September because my company sponsored me for an Expo.

Also, In July my parent who i had renewed and gotten my united states visa with reapplied and were granted. but then they are above 60 and i don't hear any talk on older ones being denied.

i am going for the first time on my own and i am definitely nervous and don't know what my chances are.

please help

Hi everyone!!! Remember me? my story is above.

So today I decided to give back. You know by gisting you guys? I was granted a USA visa and this is how it went.

After all the chaos outside and security men screaming are you with your 40,700 naira if not go back oo!!! Are you with your cell phones?? Yen yen yen. But trust the older ones not to hear word lol they entered and were eventually turned back at security check point. Any way back to my story!!! So I can’t exclude the fact that I prayed and keyed into other people’s testimony in church. This is how my interview went.

Windows 7
V.O - Good Morning
Me- Morning
V.O - where are you traveling to Fatima
Me - ............
V.O - purpose of travel
Me - yearly vacation
V.O - Are you traveling alone?
Me- No, I am traveling with my parents
V.O - when is your intended day of travel
Me - ..............
V.O - How many days will u be spending
Me: 8 - 10days
V.O - What other countries have you travelled to
Me - America and Dubai severally
V.O - when did you visit America?
Me - 2010/ 2011 ish
V.O - who did u go with?
Me - My mom, I was a minor then
V.O - yes you were 17
Me - okay.
V.O - Any siblings and where are they?
Me - One in Dubai ,others here inclusive of myself.
V.O : what do u parents do
Me: ................
V. O - are you single
Me - yes
V.O - do you have kids ?
Me - no
V.o - how long have you been working in .....
Me - 2 to 3 years
V.O - Whats your position in the company
Me - i was a ……...but recently got promoted to ………...
V.O - so you are visiting your friend in ......
Me - No I am traveling with my parents for vacation but to visit my dads friend
V.O - I see we issued you a visa when your visa expired as a minor, why didnt you use it?
Me: I was a student in the university,the university was off and on strike ,I couldn’t risk being over seas and having to hurry back because the strike has been called off. Education is key right?
V.O - smiled . Ok I will be issuing you a visa, have a safe trip.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:32am On Nov 07, 2019
Fatimahil25:

So today I decided to give back. You know by gisting you guys? I was granted a USA visa and this is how it went.

After all the chaos outside and security men screaming are you with your 40,700 naira if not go back oo!!! Are you with your cell phones?? Yen yen yen. But trust the older ones not to hear word lol they entered and were eventually turned back at security check point. Any way back to my story!!! So I can’t exclude the fact that I prayed and keyed into other people’s testimony in church. This is how my interview went.

Windows 7
V.O - Good Morning
Me- Morning
Me - ............
V.O - purpose of travel
Me - yearly vacation
Me - ..............
Me - 2010/ 2011 ish
V.O - who did u go with?
V.O - yes you were 17
Me - okay.
V. O - are you single
Me - yes
V.O - do you have kids ?
Me - no
Me - 2 to 3 years
V.O - I see we issued you a visa when your visa expired as a minor, why didnt you use it?
Me: I was a student in the university,the university was off and on strike ,I couldn’t risk being over seas and having to hurry back because the strike has been called off. Education is key right?

Congrat....
You actually worth it!

I wont mind a chocolate when you return cool

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dejavoo22: 9:41am On Nov 07, 2019
Hello I have a grandma with a US visa and she's planning to go with me please kindly advise on how I can go with it as I have been denied thrice before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Fatimahil25:

Windows 7
V.O - Good Morning
Me- Morning
Me - ............
V.O - purpose of travel
Me - yearly vacation
Me - ..............
Me - 2010/ 2011 ish
V.O - who did u go with?
V.O - yes you were 17
Me - okay.
V. O - are you single
Me - yes
V.O - do you have kids ?
Me - no
Me - 2 to 3 years
Nice transcripts u reallydeserve it....... U deserve 2 Heineken
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Dejavoo22:
Hello I have a grandma with a US visa and she's planning to go with me please kindly advise on how I can go with it as I have been denied thrice before
What year where u denied??
What was d reason??
Explain further
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2019
Fatimahil25:

After all the chaos outside and security men screaming are you with your 40,700 naira if not go back oo!!! Are you with your cell phones?? Yen yen yen. But trust the older ones not to hear word lol they entered and were eventually turned back at security check point. Any way back to my story!!!

Nice one...Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
does travel history still work for usa VISA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ferdinand234: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Finally been able to get a sooner date for 12 days from now. Anyone has an idea of an articulate wording or explanation for reason being denied when i m filling my DS-160. Only God know what the visa officer has written on her notes now from the last interview.
P.S : My expired visa is on my expired passport(which has been cancelled without prejudice) and V.O stamped the expired visa Cancelled without prejudice, hope i m good?lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ferdinand234:
Finally been
P.S : My expired visa is on my expired passport(which has been cancelled without prejudice) and V.O stamped the expired visa Cancelled without prejudice, hope i m good?lol

Canceled without prejudice means the Visa isn't valid again, and you did not DO ANYTHING WRONG that made it become invalid

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
@ Ferdinand234: Keep your explanations brief; they already have a note on file detailing why you were denied. Personally I don’t know the legal implications of asking applicants to explain reason for visa denial: it’s not ALWAYS clear why (since they simply hand you a slip.) So be careful here — and pay attention to your choice of words. You could say that you suspect you were denied because you used your existing B1/B2 visa for clinical rotations after your first visit to and from the States. Hence, it wasn’t necessary to reapply under the same visa category at the time because your visa was still valid. Be concise and leave it at that.

PS: it goes without saying that you should bring a copy of the Foreign Affairs manual you shared earlier and all your clinical school docs. It’s rare for a VO not to be aware that you could use B1/B2 for clinical rotations so best to have the manual “just incase”
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
[url][/url clinical rotation is legal under b1/b2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emeldamicheals: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Please, will anyone be in Atlanta between 12th to 19th.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good evening people. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow and I just noticed that the place of birth in my ds 160 is different from my Passport.
Should I re-edit this or just inform the VO before the interview
Please I need help asap. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gospelozy:
Good evening people. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow and I just noticed that the place of birth in my ds 160 is different from my Passport.
Should I re-edit this or just inform the VO before the interview
Please I need help asap. Thank you
information in the Form DS-160 cannot be changed or amended after the form is electronically submitted....
Although it's true that the State Department does not provide a way to go back and change an already-submitted DS-160, you can go back online to submit a new, corrected DS-160, print the new confirmation page, and bring that to your interview at the consulate or embassy. This may be less work than you think.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Spanishmilf:
information in the Form DS-160 cannot be changed or amended after the form is electronically submitted....
Although it's true that the State Department does not provide a way to go back and change an already-submitted DS-160, you can go back online to submit a new, corrected DS-160, print the new confirmation page, and bring that to your interview at the consulate or embassy. This may be less work than you think.

But this �� has to be done 3 days before the interview. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gospelozy:

But this �� has to be done 3 days before the interview. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Create a new ds-160 form and enter all the correct details and save it unique application Id
Go to ustraveldocs and select the option to your update your profile
Enter the unique application id of your new ds-160form and save it This way you can change your ds-160 details without paying visa fee for d 2nd time...
Or you can go to the us embassy and tell d VO...
E go be

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tessytessy(f): 2:28am On Nov 08, 2019
Not correct. I have renewed Visas before expiration. All they do is cancel the old visa and issue another one.
Spanishmilf:

You must renew your visa if the validity date has expired. ... Only if the expiration date has passed is it necessary to renew the visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2019
tessytessy:
Not correct. I have renewed Visas before expiration. All they do is cancel the old visa and issue another one.
Read it 2times this time read it calmly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 11:10am On Nov 08, 2019
Hello house I need your advice!

I been denied US visiting visa twice this year but fortunately for me I will be going to UK next month for my Post graduates. I have always dreamt about US and I would love to visit there. Will it be good if I apply for the visiting visa from Uk or I return to Nigeria to apply when next I wanna go visiting because I intend to visit US solely for tourist purpose next summer!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolly22(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2019
I was Denied today, the rate of Denials was so much .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uriel12: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2019
Rolly22:

So sorry about that.
What was the reason for your denial?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Rolly22:

It's just a lost battle. You will still win the war.
So sorry.
When you can, please share the transcript.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2019
Tobexin:
Hello house I need your advice!

I been denied US visiting visa twice this year but fortunately for me I will be going to UK next month for my Post graduates. I have always dreamt about US and I would love to visit there. Will it be good if I apply for the visiting visa from Uk or I return to Nigeria to apply when next I wanna go visiting because I intend to visit US solely for tourist purpose next summer!

Yes, you can apply from the UK. Just make sure your intended dates coincide with your breaks. And definitely not at the start of your PG program.
In 11 months, you have applied twice. Be mindful of this

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Uriel12:

I know the consular is going to ask why I want to visit.
And as of know, I don't really have one.

Any help?

You need to book a meeting with yourself to genuinely answer this question you have asked yourself.

The VOs will want your answer too

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolly22(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
fkj950ax:

It's just a lost battle. You will still win the war.
So sorry.
When you can, please share the transcript.

My interview was around 8 o’clock
The guy at window 2

Vo: How are you?
Me: I’m fine
Vo: passport please
Me: sure
VO: where in the us are you going to?
Me: I’m going to Foster city California
VO: are you married?
Me: I’m engaged
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria within the last 5 years?
Me: No I haven’t
VO: what do you Do:
ME: I’m a Mechanical Engineer
VO: Have you traveled outside Nigeria before?(repeated Question)
ME: No I haven’t
VO: Sorry I can’t give you Visa this time, good Luck next time, he handed a yellow slip to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.