Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528850 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bluefin:

She probably mistakenly selected approved instead of denied. She didn’t want to start telling you stories that she made a mistake. Maybe she needed your passport details to go back to your file since she had no way to trace you back she called you. To be honest though I don’t think the wedding anniversary thing for uncle is sufficient maybe you should add other plans to your itinerary. Infact saying you were going to spend time with your uncle and his family is more tenable.

lolzzzz if that's the case why collect the refusal paper?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bluefin:

Seye west- while I understand the AI is huge now, the embassy is not using this for algorithms to give out or decline visa applications. I agree with you that there is probably a computerized system that summarizes the application you submit online to assist the VO make a decision. However it is ultimately the VOs decision to side or decline a visa application.

Q.1 What Is Section 214(b)?
Section 214(b) is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). It states:
Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status.
Our consular officers have a difficult job. They must decide in a very short time if someone is qualified to receive a temporary visa. Most cases are decided after a brief interview and review of whatever evidence of ties an applicant presents. To qualify for a visitor or student visa, an applicant must meet the requirements of sections 101(a)(15)(B) or (F) of the INA respectively. Failure to do so will result in a refusal of a visa under INA 214(b). The most frequent basis for such a refusal concerns the requirement that the prospective visitor or student possess a residence abroad he or she has no intention of abandoning. Applicants prove the existence of such residence by demonstrating that they have ties abroad that would compel them to leave the United States at the end of the temporary stay. The law places this burden of proof on the applicant.

what happened between 2012 to early part of 2017 till now... U.S Govt introduce new technology in deciding who enter their country, I will not go further but I know what I know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

what happened between 2012 to early part of 2017 till now... U.S Govt introduce new technology in deciding who enter their country, I will not go further but I know what I know.

This is regular screening against existing databases for terrorism and crime/human rights related offenses. We are going to another topic if we are talking about that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

lolzzzz if that's the case why collect the refusal paper?

The refusal paper is just a courtesy since you paid for the application. Even if you don’t collect it, if you are not issued a visa, collect or not, you can’t get the visa.

Even if she never went back to the VO, the worse that can happen is that they would have data showing Stamping was not done but visa shows approved. And once they read the comments in the persons application they would know it was approved in the system in error.

I want to also believe that they have an audit in place to fix those kind of errors. She only called her back because it may have been a confusion for her if she later applied for a visa but the system is showing she has been approved a visa before meanwhile she in her form would have filled that she has been denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Judith86: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
I want to attend my friend's graduation program (masters precisely ) by March next year, how do i fill in the form ? , i guess it's B2 that i will choose .I have only traveled to cape town before , what do you guys think might be the likely questions ? She said her school will send me details that i will take to US embassy

Please help out as i cant see any trend that answers my questions here so far.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Yes, A Computer, a device that assist the consular officer in making the right decision.

cheesy grin very very funny

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

The refusal paper is just a courtesy since you paid for the application. Even if you don’t collect it, if you are not issued a visa, collect or not, you can’t get the visa.

Even if she never went back to the VO, the worse that can happen is that they would have data showing Stamping was not done but visa shows approved. And once they read the comments in the persons application they would know it was approved in the system in error.

I want to also believe that they have an audit in place to fix those kind of errors. She only called her back because it may have been a confusion for her if she later applied for a visa but the system is showing she has been approved a visa before meanwhile she in her form would have filled that she has been denied.

lolzzzzz okay.. no problem but just know that, the reason she was called back is not because her visa was issue out of error.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

lolzzzzz okay.. no problem but just know that, the reason she was called back is not because her visa was issue out of error.

So the microchip or robot realised after thinking twice he might me a terrorist or would overstay and decided to recall?

This robot must be so dumb not to remeber the last passport/applicant it processed

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Semisolasola: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
She do mistake go approve your visa for computer and she wan rectify am..no big deal..
Yosfa:
Hello everyone, here is how my interview went

Vo. good morning

Me. good morning and how are you doing this morning

Vo. Good thanks and you

Me. Not bad thank you

Vo. Your passport please

Me. Handover my passport

Vo. What are you going to do in US

Me. My uncle 25 years wedding anniversary

Vo. Oh really

Me. Yes

Vo. Where do you work

Me. I told her

Vo. How much do you earn

Me. Told her

Vo .Have you travel outside Nigeria

Me. Yes

Vo. How long do you plan to spend in state

Me. 10 days

Vo. Are you married

Me. Yes

Vo. How many kids

Me. 3

She just handover my passport and yellow paper saying sorry you are not qualify to travel.

Please what surprised me was that after I took my passport and the refusal letter from her, on my way going out of the America Lagos embassy , she was calling me back, I didnt notice I was the one she was calling, she sent security to call me back, when I went to her she took back my passport back from me and she started typing on her system for about 5 minutes, tell me please am sorry kindly wait there's an error, she continues typing still keep on telling me there is an error, later she just said am truly sorry kindly reapply, she handover back my passport and she. Called next. Please can someone tell me why this happened
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Semisolasola: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
Which system cheesy you mean the computer or the person operating the computer
Una just like to dey complicate matter
Isn’t it obvious the VO made mistake ,mybe mistakenly approved the visa,or mistyped name,or any other important info
What’s the big deal
If they call someone back to rectify a mistake
They system indeed cheesy cheesy
seyewest:

The system gave you that visa but she override it after calling you back, try to re-apply as soon as possible and apart from visiting for just wedding include things like sight seeing and shopping for the New Year, you know things that will add money to the U.S Economy and also don't forget to tell them that you're the only one representing your family.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Semisolasola: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
You too wise abeg
Bluefin:

She probably mistakenly selected approved instead of denied. She didn’t want to start telling you stories that she made a mistake. Maybe she needed your passport details to go back to your file since she had no way to trace you back she called you. To be honest though I don’t think the wedding anniversary thing for uncle is sufficient maybe you should add other plans to your itinerary. Infact saying you were going to spend time with your uncle and his family is more tenable.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Can you share your thoughts as to why you think she was called back? Because you initially said the computer must have approved her but VO denied her.

It’s ok not to know everything or have a response to everything. Nobody here is a monopoly of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Judith86: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
I want to attend my friend's graduation program (masters precisely ) by March next year, how do i fill in the form ? , i guess it's B2 that i will choose .I have only traveled to cape town before , what do you guys think might be the likely questions ? She said her school will send me details that i will take to US embassy

Please help out as i cant see any trend that answers my questions here so far, i dont even know where to start from .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
Judith86:

Please help out as i cant see any trend that answers my questions here so far, i dont even know where to start from .

You can try your luck just package your application well. They even deny parents going for their children’s graduation. If you have family in the US add them to your travel plans for visiting. They would want to know how long you have known the friend for and when last you saw this friend. Your current situation - job, income and family ties will also come into play. But graduation of a friend is not really that solid if you don’t have solid travel history or blood relationship with the person at least.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

Can you share your thoughts as to why you think she was called back? Because you initially said the computer must have approved her but VO denied her.

It’s ok not to know everything or have a response to everything. Nobody here is a monopoly of knowledge.

Gbam
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

You can try your luck just package your application well. They even deny parents going for their children’s graduation. If you have family in the US add them to your travel plans for visiting. They would want to know how long you have known the friend for and when last you saw this friend. Your current situation - job, income and family ties will also come into play. But graduation of a friend is not really that solid if you don’t have solid travel history or blood relationship with the person at least.
2019 is d year of luck.
With d way people want to japa out of dis shithole ehn, dem go deny people like alot
if we are being truthful Op chane is slim conference, seminar, graduation is nothing to d consular again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

So the microchip or robot realised after thinking twice he might me a terrorist or would overstay and decided to recall?

This robot must be so dumb not to remeber the last passport/applicant it processed

If you don't get it don't put your mouth, she called her back and collected her passport and the color paper and you're here talking about bot? everything is about scoring cheap and useless point with you, if you have nothing to contribute please keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

No need to share anything, like they said she was mistakenly approved and the error was corrected... grin
but next time you're in front of a Visa Officer look at what they do and try to understand that they depend so much on the computer especially complex issue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

You can't package what you don't have....but filling and answering your questions truthfully will help and go a long way.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

You can't package what you don't have....but filling and answering your questions truthfully will help and go a long way.

By packaging I meant ensuring detailed documentation. As you can see she seems all over the place and unsure about the process of receiving the invitation from the school. Sir, you genuinely don’t have to respond to everything lol. Like you can jump and pass. Nobody told her to be fraudulent or insinuated it.

Please don’t quote me again. Quote the original poster if you have something to tell her. I didn’t ask you any question

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

If you don't get it don't put your mouth, she called her back and collected her passport and the color paper and you're here talking about bot? everything is about scoring cheap and useless point with you, if you have nothing to contribute please keep quiet.

Poster never said she asked for the refusal letter. The letter was probably in the passport and the poster handed both over. Nowhere did the poster even mention refusal letter when she went back to the VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

By packaging I meant ensuring detailed documentation. As you can see she seems all over the place and unsure about the process of receiving the invitation from the school. Sir, you genuinely don’t have to respond to everything lol. Like you can jump and pass. Nobody told her to be fraudulent or insinuated it.

Please don’t quote me again. Quote the original poster if you have something to tell her. I didn’t ask you any question

When you use ''Packaging'' it send a wrong idea and you said ''packaging'' that's why I'm responding to you, everything needed to apply for U.S visa is online so no need to respond to the question.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

When you use ''Packaging'' it send a wrong idea and you said ''packaging'' that's what I'm responding to, everything needed to apply for U.S visa is online so no need to respond to the question.

Since everything is needed to apply for US Visa is online, shall we then close this thread? Lol! Please don’t quote me again sir I’m begging you.

Packaging sends the wrong idea to who? How many people have come here and it looks like thier visa application package wasn’t properly put together and led to a refusal. So of course is the idea we are sharing here not to help people understand requirements for their visa application package.Who said anything about being fraudulent. Please don’t quote me again I beg you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
Oluwatise2016:

Since everything is needed to apply for US Visa is online, shall we then close this thread? Lol! Please don’t quote me again sir I’m begging you.

Packaging sends the wrong idea to who? How many people have come here and it looks like thier visa application package wasn’t properly put together and led to a refusal. So of course is the idea we are sharing here not to help people understand requirements for their visa application package.Who said anything about being fraudulent. Please don’t quote me again I beg you!

Come and close it now....

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
It's really funny when people come on a public and free forum and start saying that a moniker(because their response was not palatable to them) should not quote them...like seriously ...Who are you to control who and when people response to a post and the response is not what you want to read.

The best anyone can do is that if your message or post was quoted with a response you didn't like the best you could do is to either respond back or just Ignore.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2019
Yosfa:
Thanks for your good advice, anyway I told the vo have traveled to Ethiopia about 6 times, turkey and Togo, Ghana, don't just know why she called me back and start typing by telling me sorry and she even took back my passport and refusal paper from me, after typing for about 5 min, she just shake her head and say so so sorry reapply
Nothing is wrong. She forgot to type your passport info and all the info she needs to type about your today interview. The denial is real but it needs to be on the computer.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cosade(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
AngelicBeing:
What you said about the UK is correct, a neighbor of mine in lagos (a member of our homeowners association) , married with 4kids, who has worked for more than 15 years with LASG, obtained UK visit visa around May last year, I have the copy of his visa as l type because he sent it to me in celebration and told me that he is not coming back to Nigeria again, to cut my story short, the visa was for 6months but he is still in the UK sorting out how to get iyawo, wether UK, US and other western nations, people will still cut corners and genuine applicants will continue to pay for the sins of others. QED.

Bolded
Big mistake!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bluefin:

I think the request is usually as a function of not wanting to get in the middle of any argument especially people that are not usually online. It’s a request and I don’t think it has to do with wanting to control peoples actions. If someone asks not to be quoted or responded to it’s a request and they assume others will be respectful enough to grant it. Just my opinion though.

Maybe you should go through the conversation very well, I was trying to correct him/her and he's trying to play victim by saying don't quote me won't work here, because the issue at hand should be address first. Anyway it's all in the past now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Beat your carton chest from now till Christmas day I will not keep quiet. This is the world wide web not your living room

. . . and your Solomon self confidently sputter trash that computer devices issue visas

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Maybe you should go through the conversation very well, I was trying to correct him/her and he's trying to play victim by saying don't quote me won't work here, because the issue at hand should be address first. Anyway it's all in the past now.

Same way you have no right to tell someone old enough to be your father to keep quiet grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cryptolady: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hello house

Pls I'm trying to schedule an appointment and I forgot the password to my old mail.
Can I create a new profile with a new email address and schedule?

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.