Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528264 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vitrendy4eva: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2019
Good morning house. Asking for someone please...does the 6months wait time before putting in a new application after rejection still apply?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2019
UhnNah:

They might not ask to see any of the documents you’re taking with you but just to stay prepared! Take both statements with you!

And since none of the documents will be retained,you can go with originals or photocopies! I’d advice the originals! Good luck & post your transcript after the interview!
My appointment confirmation page is carrying my email address, is it okay? Thanks man
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2019
EXLOVER:
My appointment confirmation page is carrying my email address, is it okay? Thanks man

You mean like you printed the whole screen and your email is hanging at the top? If yes then it’s ok! Shouldn’t be an issue!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hewardsfenic: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
Yes it’s okay
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
fkj950ax:

He shouldn't again. That's the message.
The thread will become thrashland if it's allowed.

I've removed it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
EXLOVER:
??

Business visa if I'm right @omobendel and @spanishmilf what do you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
segtak25:
Morning guys.

My interview is on Wednesday.
Please i just want to ask:

1. Regarding the Reciprocal fee, can i pay using my card on that day, if the visa is approved or its strictly cash.

2. There is mistake of one letter on my name on the appointment letter, but the DS160 is correct and the code is the same with the one on the appointment letter.. Hope i won't be sent back?

No need to worry about the letter, they may not even check it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by johnmba: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
I was applying for visa and I got the mail below

Dear U.S. Visa Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Visa Service Desk. We would like to inform you that, we are unable to view the passport copy you’ve uploaded / does not match the profile you want to duplicate.

We request you please upload the correct passport copy.

Thank you,
The U.S. Visa Service Desk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
EXLOVER:
House my interview is next week. I need to know the following.

Should i go with my sponsor's account statement with mine or only my sponsor's?

All the documents i'm taking to there, should carry photocopies or original?
i think you should, tho they don't ask for documents just tag it along.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vitrendy4eva: 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
Anyone please?
vitrendy4eva:
Good morning house. Asking for someone please...does the 6months wait time before putting in a new application after rejection still apply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by johnmba: 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
johnmba:
I was applying for visa and I got the mail below

Dear U.S. Visa Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Visa Service Desk. We would like to inform you that, we are unable to view the passport copy you’ve uploaded / does not match the profile you want to duplicate.

We request you please upload the correct passport copy.

Thank you,
The U.S. Visa Service Desk

Somebody help me. How do I resolve this issue. During the process of scheduling for interview I got a message that I have existing profile. Now I received this email after scheduling. Pls what do I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
UhnNah:

You mean like you printed the whole screen and your email is hanging at the top? If yes then it’s ok! Shouldn’t be an issue!
Thanks once again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
Spanishmilf:
i think you should, tho they don't ask for documents just tag it along.
Thanks Spanish...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
seyewest:

Business visa if I'm right @omobendel and @spanishmilf what do you think?
B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deybholar(f): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
Call CGI customer service. They will help you

johnmba:

Somebody help me. How do I resolve this issue. During the process of scheduling for interview I got a message that I have existing profile. Now I received this email after scheduling. Pls what do I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lighthousearc: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
Most watch....this will be helpful for everyone

short clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vqiDA65dDQ
full interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUgXoPW71k&feature=youtu.be

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nice one. Very educative
lighthousearc:
Most watch....this will be helpful for everyone

short clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vqiDA65dDQ
full interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUgXoPW71k&feature=youtu.be
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segtak25: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hi guys..

Pls quick one.

1. I know phone and other electronics are not allowed during the interview or at the venue, but is there a safe box to keep them, because I'm coming from ogun state to the venue and it won't make any sense going that far without holding an handset.

2..How much is the reciprocal fee( in naira) again, Can i pay with POS using my debit card or its only cash.

3. This sounds funny but its wrist watch allowed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vitrendy4eva: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
vitrendy4eva:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:24am On Dec 17, 2019
wuki:

It seems this matter is not being put to rest so I'm going to quote the following from the doc I linked in my post from the previous page:

"Consular officers use the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD), a biometric and biographic database, to screen all visa applicants. Over 143 million records of visa applications are now automated in the CCD, with some records dating back to the mid-1990s. Since February 2001, the CCD has stored photographs of all visa applicants in electronic form; since 2007, the CCD has begun storing 10-finger scans. The number of visa cases in the CCD surpassed 100 million in 2009, including 75 million photographs."

"In addition to indicating the outcome of any prior visa application of the alien in the CCD and comments by consular officers, the system links with other databases to flag problems that may have an impact on the issuance of the visa. These databases linked with the CCD include DHS’s Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) results, and supporting documents."

Hope this topic can be finally put to rest and people can move on.

Don't you think this however can be done right at the point leading up to the interview as your profile is pulled up and during the interview? The major check I believe is done after visa approval during interview before the visa sticker itself gets affixed to your passport.

I did submit a DS160 form in the early hours of the interview date, it did pull through successfully, I have seen other similar late submissions too. I wonder then at what point this almighty background check was done on the application. I think the background check thing is overrated and maybe "exaggerated" at different levels.

VOs here and on other platforms have said the thought in our heads of that "major background check" that happens before interviews is almost as good as BS, there's already in the system some sort of software or whatever that may be called to run a check on you with on the needed areas once your profile is pulled up for interview. The IT geeks and those savvy in this field can help out further, but this is what it is....

Whew! Still doing catchup on my most loved thread on NL, will be done soon. I see all the many roforofo, walahi, "kolo" full this thread "aswearit down"! Page 171 now, 11 more pages to go....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deybholar(f): 4:26am On Dec 17, 2019
1. No safe box. You either leave your phone at home or in the car.

2. Reciprocity fee is 40,700. Only cash is accepted

3. Wrist watches are allowed but not digital watches (e.g iwatch)

segtak25:
Hi guys..

Pls quick one.

1. I know phone and other electronics are not allowed during the interview or at the venue, but is there a safe box to keep them, because I'm coming from ogun state to the venue and it won't make any sense going that far without holding an handset.

2..How much is the reciprocal fee( in naira) again, Can i pay with POS using my debit card or its only cash.

3. This sounds funny but its wrist watch allowed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:27am On Dec 17, 2019
seyewest:
Where's my guy @Omobendel ?

Brother!!!

You dey remove my Jack Bauer inspired "24" insignia, I no go see the quote be that na cheesy

Guy, you don "hiaram" for this thread, I hail oh! Whagwan my gee? Regardz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shithapuns: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2019
deybholar:
1. No safe box. You either leave your phone at home or in the car.

2. Reciprocity fee is 40,700. Only cash is accepted

3. Wrist watches are allowed but not digital watches (e.g iwatch)

hmmm, i though someone said he paid with his atm card?
kinda strange for a whole united states of A to be asking for cash in this 2019
pls some1 should reconfirm this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2019
shithapuns:

hmmm, i though someone said he paid with his atm card?
kinda strange for a whole united states of A to be asking for cash in this 2019
pls some1 should reconfirm this

Like,what's with the cash,I don't get it? They could easily set up another procedure with GTB,Once your visa has been issued,you go to GTB and pay the Reciprocity fee,Go to the collection center with your payment slip...without the slip,you can't collect your visa! Very simple!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2019
The reason why they are requesting for cash is because they don't even want to pay any bank charges ontop that ₦40,700. That's why they want CASH. Plus they don't want any additional stress,reason why you have to co.e with exact amount or you wait for hours for your change and YOU MUST COLLECT IT.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Brother!!!

You dey remove my Jack Bauer inspired "24" insignia, I no go see the quote be that na cheesy

Guy, you don "hiaram" for this thread, I hail oh! Whagwan my gee? Regardz

Baba no vex oooo.... you just bone my side.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jj17cv(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2019
Upon all the extra 40k700 them still dey denied person chai Yankee no won make extra cash .....trump mmm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LordSneed: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Good day all. I had my interview for visa renewal in Lagos today and my application was approved. I'll like to know how long it typically takes to get ones stamped passport back.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered several times in the past, i tried to search but didn't get a definitive answer.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
LordSneed:
Good day all. I had my interview for visa renewal in Lagos today and my application was approved. I'll like to know how long it typically takes to get ones stamped passport back.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered several times in the past, i tried to search but didn't get a definitive answer.

Congrats, your visa will be available within 3-4 days, please care to share your transcript with us?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Youngkingjaey(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
Good day everyone
I want to apply for us visa
And I have a white friend

who can send me invitation
I don't know how to apply

Can someone help me

And give me advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LordSneed: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Thanks a lot. Interview was scheduled for 7:00 am. I am a fairly frequent traveller to the USA (7 times or so) and undertook my post-grad education there. Single with no kids

VO: Reason for trip
Me: To celebrate my elder brother's 40th birthday sometime in february 2020
VO: Where
Me: (name of city) Texas
VO: is he a citizen
Me: No he isn't, but he is a green card holder
VO: What does he do for a living
Me: xxxxxxxxxxx
VO: Do you have any other siblings in the USA
Me: No i don't
VO: How long are you going to be there for?
Me: 2 weeks
VO: What do you do for a living
Me: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
VO: Approved, go and pay.

seyewest:

Congrats, your visa will be available within 3-4 days, please care to share your transcript with us?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.