Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528775 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sweetchilli:
Yes I can reapply from there. The real question is if I'm allowed to apply from a country I don't live in. I'm not sure if I'll be allowed. Any ideas?

The reason they denied you is because you included U.S as part of the country you want to shop for your business... you should have told them it's for tourism purpose not for business or shopping, if you don't shop in U.S it won't affect your business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
anfanio:

You can only apply (or reapply) if you're a legal permanent resident of that country.

This statement get comma. Some F1 students go to Canada to renew visa instead of flying back to Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by anfanio: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
UmmZayd:

This statement get comma. Some F1 students go to Canada to renew visa instead of flying back to Nigeria
F1 Visa is a "duration of course" visa and that is why Canada would let you in (with valid Canadian visa of course), and US embassy in Canada would renew. Visitor visa is a different ball game.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by greattoppyg: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2020
Hello,
Pls I will like to know if someone that don't show up on the date of his appointment due to a reason will be able to reschedule being the only slot left out of 2 opportunities given. First appointment was cancelled and might not be able to attend the second one due to personal reasons.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
greattoppyg:
Hello,
Pls I will like to know if someone that don't show up on the date of his appointment due to a reason will be able to reschedule being the only slot left out of 2 opportunities given. First appointment was cancelled and might not be able to attend the second one due to personal reasons.

Thanks

Wait for 3 days and if you can't schedule, call or write them if they can help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jimikata(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
seyewest:
Are you male or female? if male, are you a student?
Male. and an not a student, .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I'm never leaving Nairaland grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
3 pages with gbas gbos gba
Justwise you are needed grin grin grin grin

As in eh, everybody just dey gbas gbos upadan. No thanks to Trump, even democratic presidential candidates are all using swear words now. Chaii cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
I met a japa Nigerian in church today, he japa'd 2years ago on a tourist visa and has married akata twice but they chopped his small change and backed out last minute.

He just "moved" to this state last week, making it his 4th in 2years. Instability at its peak. His folks in naija will be saying "they have someone"

He that has ears let him hear. Do things the right way there is no set in stone greener grass anywhere.

Sunday dirty rice and steak going down for lunch grin

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
jimikata:
Male.
and an not a student, .

Check your form very well, maybe you choose unemployed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 10:50am On Feb 17, 2020
UmmZayd:

Yes, you can apply or reapply if you have a student visa and the duration of the course is more than 6 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
I go japa grin tomorrow if supreme court no reverse this yeye Bayelsa judgement

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
And so?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
overlord77:

As in eh, everybody just dey gbas gbos upadan. No thanks to Trump, even democratic presidential candidates are all using swear words now. Chaii cheesy grin

No mind them buhari has frustrated those PDP chop the money folks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Spanishmilf:
And so?

O boy you still dey? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wonders shall never end the U.S. birthing thread on page 3 shocked I had to resurrect it back to the splash page before e die natural death grin

I hear Nigerians done shift to Brazil and Chile na them dey reign now lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

O boy you still dey? cheesy
I need visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beverlyhills: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1229074982954819585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-610846091853076860.ampproject.net%2F2002112037430%2Fframe.html

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vsylva(m): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sweetchilli:
Visa Transcript
Interview time 6.45 am.
There were 3 VO's in windows 1, 4 and 6.

VO: Good morning ma'am
ME: Good morning ma'am
VO: Where are you going in the US
ME: New Jersey
VO: How long
ME: 10 days
VO: Purpose of traveling
ME: To shop for my business in Nigeria. I sell Fashion items which I get from the UK, Turkey and Dubai and I travel every 6-8 weeks
VO: I see you didn't use your previous US Visa. Why is that?
ME: I got pregnant shortly after and I stayed back to birth and nurture my baby. (This was the real reason. I didn't do any traveling at all within the 2 years I had my visa)
VO:Are you married
ME: No but I'm engaged and have a son
VO: Do you have any other income?
ME: No
VO: sorry you do not qualify at this time.

I actually make about 2-3m monthly but I pay myself 350,000 as salary which is what I put in the application. Maybe I shouldn't have put 350k in the form

I just came back from the UK last night. Didn't even have enough sleep before rushing out for the interview. I planned to travel to the UK next and travel to the US from there to shop for my business.

Can I reapply from the UK?

this is the reason you were denied "VO:Are you married " you are a single mother who travel alot for business.. theres a likely chance of you getting to the US and stay back ... financial status isnt priority for this guys.. its your strong ties to your home country... if you were married they wouldnt have asked if you had another incoime because you being married means your husband has his own income to also support the family and he is back home with you son....Also you shouldnt have said you where going to shop for you business.. you already do that with the other countries you travel to.. you should have just said VACATION...... you going on vacation after so much travelling for your business and successfully selling out.. makes alot more sense....... SOCIAL TIES dear...

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nigerians are USA's most educated immigrant group. 37% of them have Bachelor's Degrees, 29% have college degrees, 17% have Master's Degrees, 4% have PhDs.

Nigerians in USA made $14 billion & paid $4 billion in taxes in 2018.

Sources: Texas Rice University, New American Economy.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Nigerians are USA's most educated immigrant group. 37% of them have Bachelor's Degrees, 29% have college degrees, 17% have Master's Degrees, 4% have PhDs.

Nigerians in USA made $14 billion & paid $4 billion in taxes in 2018.

Sources: Texas Rice University, New American Economy.

But it's convenient for some of you to smear the country at every given chance, you think outsiders knows about APC or PDP?
Very soon our eyes will clear, as for me it's Nigeria or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
seyewest:

But it's convenient for some of you to smear the country at every given chance, you think outsiders knows about APC or PDP?
Very soon our eyes will clear, as for me it's Nigeria or not.

You have started again oh! Which eye dey clear who and who? The one wey the Nigeria system and government (especially as led by your Buhari cheesy) don frustrate and "encourage" most of the people wey suppose join us repair Naija to run comot? Camdan guy....

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
The US embassy is a joke

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 12:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Golden2019:

Did you pay for the conference before the interview?

Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lantres000(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2020
Good Morning Gents

I have my US Visa interview on the 28th of this month, but i want to cancel my DS-160 Form and fill a new one. Can this be possible? please help me with any ideas on this.

Thanks with love
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2020
OmoBendel24:

You have started again oh! Which eye dey clear who and who? The one wey the Nigeria system and government (especially as led by your Buhari cheesy) don frustrate and "encourage" most of the people wey suppose join us repair Naija to run comot? Camdan guy....

At this point I realized that my opinion about Nigeria (my country) is a problem to you. I will stop talking about Nigeria to please you if that will make you happy no wahala.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2020
lantres000:
Good Morning Gents

I have my US Visa interview on the 28th of this month, but i want to cancel my DS-160 Form and fill a new one. Can this be possible? please help me with any ideas on this.

Thanks with love

Yes, remember to change the old DS160 number on your profile page to the new number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lantres000(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
seyewest:

Yes, remember to change the old DS160 number on your profile page to the new number.

Sorry i dont understand. How does that work?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
lantres000:

Sorry i dont understand. How does that work?

fill another DS160, visit the website where you schedule your interview date and click profile, change the old ds160 number to the new ds160 number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lantres000(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
seyewest:

fill another DS160, visit the website where you schedule your interview date and click profile, change the old ds160 number to the new ds160 number.

Oh great.

Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
No interview updates? A friend wants to renew but needs a general idea of what's happening in the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Championwinner(f): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
[quote author=Sweetchilli post=86643479]She handed me the yellow slip that stated l was denied because of my ties.
[/quo3te]

The reason why you were denied was because you do not have strong ties in Nigeria. When you were asked if you had any other source of income, had it been you mentioned that you have a shop or boutique and you have employees working for you, a bequeathed property or a property of your own etc.

Another one is that she asked you if you were married this is to also confirm that your husband and son were your strong ties, telling the VO that you are engaged and you have a son is not enough reason because you have been travelling alone for business only and you didn't mention that you went on vacation with your fiance and son(even if it is Dubai), this shows that you are not connected and that you can as well leave and decide to stay away in USA after all you are not married to his father yet.
My talk talk too much, what do I know sef?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aariwa(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
Can an appointment be changed from Abuja to Lagos and if possible ;what is the procedure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.