Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528233 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
jkzie:
Hi guys..
Good morning..
Last year i applied for student visa for my MSA program but was denied. The consular was fair enough to tellnme to go build my financial structure and get back... I'm still on it...

Recently i was selected as one of the delegates of my professional association to attend a conference at Texas...

For the fact I was denied student visa last year July, will it be an impediment to get a visit visa in my upcoming interview?

It won't. As long as you have done what you were told to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
clemclem:
Good afternoon. I want sincere advise . I got a US visa in 2016, I have used it twice . My family also applied and got it . We were to travel together last year December but my visa wasn’t renew . I was given a 21g letter for further interview . I was unable to see available date within the period . My family went alone and has since come back to Nigeria . I will be attending the interview by May 2019 . My question is this , the date I filled in the ds-160 I submitted has passed (December 2018) , will I give them another date for traveling if asked ? Anyone with similar experience can please guide me . Thanks

Yes you will, as long as you explain your situation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bracha: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
If you have been interviewed and/or refused within the last 6 months. The words in bold are the key info, meaning you should choose previously refused.

felixboye1:
Pls what should I choose from Previously Refused and Regular( Previously Refused - If you have been interviewed and/or refused within the last 6 months, please select “previously refused.” Applicants will be denied visas for false misrepresentation) as am trying to schedule my interview. I was refused a Visa in December 17, 2018. It's not up to 6months.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Adescotomagar: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hello everyone, I will appreciate your kind help please. I am an Academic going for a Conference next week Thursday DV in Orlando Florida, I went for my Visa interview last Monday, the 25th of March. The Lady who interviewed me asked for my CV but I never imagined CV will b asked for and was not with a copy, so she told me to send the CV n information on my PhD research which I did in China as additional information to their e-mail addy; LagosNIV@state.gov and then asked me to drop my Passport at the Muri Okunlola DHL office. I traveled to Lagos from Ogbomoso my base n since I didn’t have these documents with me I had to start scavenging my email correspondences to get the ones needed n made sure I uploaded them to their e-mail before leaving Lagos for Ogbomoso. On d following day, the 26th of March I was called from the Embassy n d man asked me what happened, I told him how I had submitted d additional documents Online n my Passport to d DHL office, he said no problem. Since I am only going for a Conference n it is very close I imagine, d officers will update my visa status since they already received my e-mail. After waiting till yesterday n all I see on my dashboard is “Your Passport is still with d Embassy/Consulate”! I tried tracking my Passport on their Website I still got d response “Passport still with Post”, so I tried chatting with an agent to which I received the response below;Your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.

Date/Time Case Opened: 3/29/2019 11:37 AM
Description: Greetings.
Please, I need to have an update on the Visa interview I did on Monday the 25th of April (last Monday) at the US Consulate, Lagos I was interviewed by a lady who at the end of the process told me she wanted a copy of my Curriculum Vitae and an additional information on my PhD research in China. She asked me to mail both to LagosNIV@state.gov and then drop off my Passport at the Muri Okunade DHL office. This I did and someone called me from the Embassy for clarification on Tuesday, the 26th. However, I will like to know the status of my application, as I am due to travel for the Conference next week Friday as I am to do my Paper presentation on Monday, the 8th of April DV. Would you be kind enough to update me, please?
Origin: Email
Case Reason: Passport collection
Public Response:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that want to know the status of your visa application.

Visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case which cannot be expedited. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.
We do not know the exact time frame as to when will be the visa issued by the Consulate General. Once the visa is ready for pick up you will receive a notification through email.

You can check the status of your visa in this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

The delivery location will hold your passport for only 30 days, after which it will be returned to the Embassy/Consulate. You must collect your passport within 30 days.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk

So I rushed to d CEAC website n found “Admnistrative processing”!
I googled what this meant n didn’t like d answers I got one bit. I wonder what could have warranted my application going thru AP, I mean, I am just an Academic who has been in vitro present a scientific Paper at a Conference n I am going for just that!
Also on d CEAC, I saw that my application was opened on the Friday d 22nd and updated last on that same Monday I was interviewed. So Iam a bit worried these people are not giving me a fair hearing or what? Does it mean no further processing was done on my Visa?
So, I called the Embassy on phone this time, n the kind man who spoke with me was quite understanding, in d course of our discussion I told him I just really tot of a note of warning on the Consulate’s website which states that they will not open mails with attachments for security reasons n poor me attached all my additional documents cos that’s about the only means I knew by which I could send them to the e-mail d Visa Office gave me! The man then made me understand they may not have opened my mails for these reasons!
Wow! Where does this leave me?
Please, I need to understand what has happened n if I still stand a chance of getting my Visa before Thursday my date of departure. Conference starts on Saturday d 6th of April n my presentation is on the 8th. I need to leave for Florida on Thursday DV. My flight is by 10:55pm DV. Pls help a distressed sister! Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 5:46am On Mar 31, 2019
Adescotomagar:
Hello everyone, I will appreciate your kind help please. I am an Academic going for a Conference next week Thursday DV in Orlando Florida, I went for my Visa interview last Monday, the 25th of March. The Lady who interviewed me asked for my CV but I never imagined CV will b asked for and was not with a copy, so she told me to send the CV n information on my PhD research which I did in China as additional information to their e-mail addy; LagosNIV@state.gov and then asked me to drop my Passport at the Muri Okunlola DHL office. I traveled to Lagos from Ogbomoso my base n since I didn’t have these documents with me I had to start scavenging my email correspondences to get the ones needed n made sure I uploaded them to their e-mail before leaving Lagos for Ogbomoso. On d following day, the 26th of March I was called from the Embassy n d man asked me what happened, I told him how I had submitted d additional documents Online n my Passport to d DHL office, he said no problem. Since I am only going for a Conference n it is very close I imagine, d officers will update my visa status since they already received my e-mail. After waiting till yesterday n all I see on my dashboard is “Your Passport is still with d Embassy/Consulate”! I tried tracking my Passport on their Website I still got d response “Passport still with Post”, so I tried chatting with an agent to which I received the response below;Your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.

Date/Time Case Opened: 3/29/2019 11:37 AM
Description: Greetings.
Please, I need to have an update on the Visa interview I did on Monday the 25th of April (last Monday) at the US Consulate, Lagos I was interviewed by a lady

Can you give us a full transcript of your interview?

Since you've been placed on AP, I think you should get a response before Thursday.

The bolded seems confusing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifyalways(f): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2019
Adescotomagar, have you dropped off your passport? If no i suggest you add a printout of your correspondence to it.

However, if you have dropped the passport, be calm first.
Send an email again to them and ask how you can send them the extra documents they requested for. Attach a copy of your passport data page. (Dont start telling them how you have booked your flight, you must be in US on friday or whatever date blah blah)

If you have paid for a tkt, check now for the refund and/or date change conditions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arobee24: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2019
Hello house
My friend went for interview on 5th of March but was refused and he wanted to reapply but the agent used didn’t give him the password he used to complete the Ds - 160. Now I told him to complete another one cos he has the print out of the information.
Now he wanted to complete another but when he is filling the first page the system saying “Session Timed Out”
My question is wht is he doing wrong abi there is another way he can use pls house I need ur help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
Arobee24:
Hello house
My friend went for interview on 5th of March but was refused and he wanted to reapply but the agent used didn’t give him the password he used to complete the Ds - 160. Now I told him to complete another one cos he has the print out of the information.
Now he wanted to complete another but when he is filling the first page the system saying “Session Timed Out”
My question is wht is he doing wrong abi there is another way he can use pls house I need ur help

Too early to reapply

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smokeydrinky: 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hello house, 2 yrs ago we got issued us visa but had to cancel travel plans as I lost my dad and also got another job shortly after so last year was spent in training. I’m now off probation and qualified for leave and we ll be going on a short vacation this Easter. My question: we were supposed to stay in a hotel then but now I’m thinking apartment or hotel apartment to afford us cook our meals instead of eating out all the time. Hope this is not a problem? We r going to same state.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
I AM BACK!!!
Who will do the honors and fill me in?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2019
agbulagu:
Is there anyone around aguda, surulere, that can help fill my ds160

I can if you pay $4999.99 cash.
I dey Bode Thomas and I be baba for ds 160.
Sure visa grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
smokeydrinky:
Hello house, 2 yrs ago we got issued us visa but had to cancel travel plans as I lost my dad and also got another job shortly after so last year was spent in training. I’m now off probation and qualified for leave and we ll be going on a short vacation this Easter. My question: we were supposed to stay in a hotel then but now I’m thinking apartment or hotel apartment to afford us cook our meals instead of eating out all the time. Hope this is not a problem? We r going to same state.

Its okay

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2019
Arobee24:
Hello house
Usually when filling the Ds160 form and you waste too much time on a page . It times out and you need to log in again. So i think your friend is kind of slow in filling the form that's why it says session time out.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by agbulagu: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

I can if you pay $4999.99 cash.
I dey Bode Thomas and I be baba for ds 160.
Sure visa grin

Please send me an email olubunming@yahoo.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wmighty: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Good afternoon house. Glad to be here. Pls, I need help. To complete the Form DS-160 is becoming a problem. Each time I click on (The Form DS-160 is online here) on complete DS-160 page. It goes blank like when there's no Internet connection. Pls my interview is May 2nd 2019 .

Thanks
@Adekunle
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
wmighty:
Good afternoon house. Glad to be here. Pls, I need help. To complete the Form DS-160 is becoming a problem. Each time I click on (The Form DS-160 is online here) on complete DS-160 page. It goes blank like when there's no Internet connection. Pls my interview is May 2nd 2019 .

Thanks
@Adekunle

Are you using a system? Try your phone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
smokeydrinky:
Doesn't matter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
Adescotomagar:
Hello everyone, I will appreciate your kind help please. I am an Academic going for a Conference next week Thursday DV in Orlando Florida, I went for my Visa interview last Monday, the 25th of March. The Lady who interviewed me asked for my CV but I never imagined CV will b asked for and was not with a copy, so she told me to send the CV n information on my PhD research which I did in China as additional information to their e-mail addy; LagosNIV@state.gov and then asked me to drop my Passport at the Muri Okunlola DHL office. I traveled to Lagos from Ogbomoso my base n since I didn’t have these documents with me I had to start scavenging

So I rushed to d CEAC website n found “Admnistrative processing”!
I googled what this meant n didn’t like d answers I got one bit. I wonder what could have warranted my application going thru AP, I mean, I am just an Academic who has been in vitro present a scientific Paper at a Conference n I am going for just that!
Also on d CEAC, I saw that my application was opened on the Friday d 22nd and updated last on that same Monday I was interviewed. So Iam a bit worried these people are not giving me a fair hearing or what? Does it mean no further processing was done on my Visa?
So, I called the Embassy on phone this time, n the kind man who spoke with me was quite understanding, in d course of our discussion I told him I just really tot of a note of warning on the Consulate’s website which states that they will not open mails with attachments for security reasons n poor me attached all my additional documents cos that’s about the only means I knew by which I could send them to the e-mail d Visa Office gave me! The man then made me understand they may not have opened my mails for these reasons!
Wow! Where does this leave me?
Please, I need to understand what has happened n if I still stand a chance of getting my Visa before Thursday my date of departure. Conference starts on Saturday d 6th of April n my presentation is on the 8th. I need to leave for Florida on Thursday DV. My flight is by 10:55pm DV. Pls help a distressed sister! Thanks.

Pay for another visa fees and apply for expedite visa interview, you will be able to submit your passport and probably get your visa in time for the conference.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2019
smokeydrinky:

You're good to go.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2019
wmighty:

Thanks
@Adekunle

Clear the cookies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smokeydrinky: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
seyewest:

You're good to go.

@flourishing247
@blackfinegirl

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
agbulagu:

Please send me an email olubunming@yahoo.com
I don't do email. Meet me at The chicken republic off bode Thomas by 9pm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by agbulagu: 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

I don't do email. Meet me at The chicken republic off bode Thomas by 9pm

Oya send urs at least I need description of the person I am coming to meet. No take me play no, u know say this place na serious mata
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
agbulagu:

Oya send urs at least I need description of the person I am coming to meet. No take me play no, u know say this place na serious mata

He's in U.S and he's wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
agbulagu:

I am black, tall, chubby, broad shoulder, my goatee is full like Harden's of the Houston Rockets, my face is wide typical of West African decent and my accent is strongly Ibadanish

Make WE see tomorrow my man agberos too dey worry after 10pm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
seyewest:

Pay for another visa fees and apply for expedite visa interview, you will be able to submit your passport and probably get your visa in time for the conference.

shocked que? Qu'est-ce que c'est? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2019
AfonjaBoston:
I AM BACK!!!
Who will do the honors and fill me in?

“Mafren”, you know the normal drill, read up! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Muhammad162: 10:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hi house, my interview is next week. Please I want us to criticize this my proposed transcript:
VO: your passport
Me: passed to him/her
VO: which state are you going?
Me: Texas
VO: what are you going there for?
Me: Annual Church convention
VO: How long are you going stay?
Me: two weeks
VO: are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have kids?
VO: what do you do to earn a living?
Me: I am a computer science student of polytechnic of Ibadan doing
VO: Who is sponsoring your trip
Me: The church and my Mum will handle little expense
VO: Have you traveled within the past 5yrs
Me: Yes United Arab Emirate for Christmas Shopping Last Year
VO: do you have any relative in US?
VO: No
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
seyewest:

Bros, did u read through her post? Her passport is not with her.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2019
Muhammad162:
Hi house, my interview is next week. Please I want us to criticize this my proposed transcript:
Thanks
With this your 'proposed' transcript, I hope the concluding part won't be:

VO: sorry you do not qualify for a VISA.

You don't seem to have any tie here, but anything can happen sha.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
OmoBendel24:

“Mafren”, you know the normal drill, read up! cheesy

You know the normal drill too. They never wanna read but would rather you do and summarize for them.

Can you give me that special treatment too?
Unto say you have missed me grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Muhammad162:
Thanks

VO: types for a while , stood up twerked for like 1 minute and then boom " your visa will be in Ikotun Egbe in 5 days"I grin

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.