Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528774 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:15pm On May 16, 2019
Kolping:
Fiscal Year 2018 Entry Exit Overstay Report, US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
FY 2018 Overstay rates for nonimmigrants admitted to the United States for business or pleasure via air and sea POEs for non-VWP Countries (excluding Canada and Mexico)
Nigeria:
Total Overstay Rate = 15.18%
Suspected In-Country Overstay Rate = 14.81%

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/19_0417_fy18-entry-and-exit-overstay-report.pdf

Wow!! ...Nigeria has the highest total overstay for the non-immigrants US visas FY 2018...hmmm embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by filanid: 5:17pm On May 16, 2019
Hi House,

I am a silent follower and i have a question about my sister.
I am getting married in July and she is my only sister and maid of honor.
She was denied visa last year March for no good reason:she wanted to come for our brother's graduation.
Do you think they will ask her what has changed since her last appilication.
Forward to present: her interview is next week. Can you please criticize this transcript. How can she show more ties in Nigeria. She is for sure coming back to school.

VO: your passport
Me: passed to him/her
VO: which state are you going?
Me: Indiana
VO: what are you going there for?
Me: My only sister is getting married in July
VO: How long are you going stay?
Me: four weeks, here is my ticket
VO: are you married?
Me: No
VO: what do you do now?
Me: I am in final year at Redeemed University, I will be returning to complete my final year project, here is a letter from my Dean and Supervisor.
VO: what do you do to earn a living?
Me: I am a computer science student of polytechnic of Ibadan doing
VO: Who is sponsoring your trip
Me: My parents
VO: Have you traveled within the past 5yrs
Me: Yes, Togo and Ghana
VO: do you have any relative in US?
VO: Yes
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sharpman1(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2019
cutelass:

It's fake news bro

Yeah. It's fake news. Just found out. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kolping: 5:35pm On May 16, 2019
Well...one of the highest.

Nearly two-thirds of the overstays (64 percent) were by citizens of 15 countries, which are listed in Table 2.

Beautyaddy:

Wow!! ...Nigeria has the highest total overstay for the non-immigrants US visas FY 2018...hmmm embarassed

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:46pm On May 16, 2019
Kolping:
Well...one of the highest.

Nearly two-thirds of the overstays (64 percent) were by citizens of 15 countries, which are listed in Table 2.

Right!

I guess the highest out of the African countries though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zinkotop: 6:00pm On May 16, 2019
Hello house. I went for my visa interview today but was denied again. I was also denied last year
Here's the transcript;
Vo: passport
Vo: why are you going to the us
Me: to attend a conference and expo organized by an association i belong to, it's called ABCD. As i was trying give the full meaning of ABCD, she cuts in?
Vo: where's the venue of the conference
Me: cleveland ohio
Vo: who's paying for the conference
Me: my employers
Vo: have you been out of your country before
Me: was in ghana with my wife during our honey moon, but thats been a while. It's on my expired passport wanted to show her, but she cuts in and said i shouldn't worry.
Vo: how long will you be staying in the us
Me: seven days
Vo:Are you married
Me: Yes
Vo: how many kids
Me: two
Vo: kept on typing and finally handed over the yellow paper. She said im not eligible for visa at this time, that i should try again later

From what i saw today, they denied 90-95% of the people that had the 10.30-12.30 appointment today.
I feel it was strongly based on no previous travel history.
Last year i was nervous and wasn't fully prepared. But this time i was so confident and ready for them. They didn't even ask why i was going for the conference or what the association does or what i or my employers stand to gain.

.... Pros in the house, E bawa da si
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2019
filanid:
Hi House,

She was denied visa last year March for no good reason:she wanted to come for our brother's graduation.
Forward to present: her interview is next week. Can you please criticize this transcript. How can she show more ties in Nigeria. She is for sure coming back to school.

Me: I am in final year at Redeemed University, I will be returning to complete my final year project, here is a letter from my Dean and Supervisor.
Thanks

1. Why buy a ticket before the visa?
2 & 3. Where are your parents? Are they attending the wedding also?
4. She seems to be attending Ibadan Poly and RU at the same time?
5 & 6. What is the status of the relative in the US and how did the relative travel?

Open to others...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zinkotop: 6:29pm On May 16, 2019
zinkotop:
Hello house. I went for my visa interview today but was denied again. I was also denied last year
Here's the transcript;
Me: to attend a conference and expo organized by an association i belong to, it's called ABCD. As i was trying give the full meaning of ABCD, she cuts in?
Me: was in ghana with my wife during our honey moon, but thats been a while. It's on my expired passport wanted to show her, but she cuts in and said i shouldn't worry.
Vo: kept on typing and finally handed over the yellow paper. She said im not eligible for visa at this time, that i should try again later

From what i saw today, they denied 90-95% of the people that had the 10.30-12.30 appointment today.
Last year i was nervous and wasn't fully prepared. But this time i was so confident and ready for them. They didn't even ask why i was going for the conference or what the association does or what i or my employers stand to gain.

I really want to know where the problem is. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abeniagbon(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2019
zinkotop:

Vo: have you been out of your country before Me: was in ghana with my wife during our honey moon, but thats been a while. It's on my expired passport wanted to show her, but she cuts in and said i shouldn't worry.
simply say yes instead of long talk, he or she will add where is it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abeniagbon(m): 6:39pm On May 16, 2019
zinkotop:

Vo: have you been out of your country before Me: was in ghana with my wife during our honey moon, but thats been a while. It's on my expired passport wanted to show her, but she cuts in and said i shouldn't worry.
simply say yes instead of long talk, he or she will add where is it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BOmum: 6:46pm On May 16, 2019
Lool my dear did you see me waste time to respond to his ignorance...I understand his level of thinking is only based on his circumstances and since i am an advocate of diversity and inclusion, i will accommodate his class of thought...

fkj950ax:

In as much as you have your right to your opinion, you ought not to undermine someone else's character.
You are stating the person and the organisation are into human trafficking. That's a step too much.

I know someone who went for a speaking engagement in US on behalf of his company, and was head hunted by the World Bank. He only returned to move his family. He left on a B1/B2 visa

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:12pm On May 16, 2019
filanid:
Hi House,

Thanks

As far as the VO was concerned, your sister was denied for good reason. You may disagree with his/her opinion.

You should realize that the VOs see thousands of people with a similar profile as your sister every day. Most likely do not return after the wedding/graduation/conferences they go to attend. Your sister fits the profile of most at risk group - young, not working, only a student, no serious ties. The other problem... how did you come to stay in the US? Did you also obtain a visiting visa and stay back? Lots of reasons for a denial.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2019
zinkotop:
Here's the transcript;

The VO did not buy your conference. How is this tied to your job? Why would your employer spend money to send you to attend an expo? Those things need to be clear.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2019
BigJakie:

Please a quick question, is there anyway to book an ealier date, maybe from travel agents?

I intend to apply to visit this August and i had no idea dates will be unavailable up to October

Any possibility of gettin an ealier date?

Hope your ties are in order?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2019
arro:
I wish we can stop crucifying ourselves here, she need help and she confined in every ready, those that liars and got it are they better than her , tell her where you think she has made mistakes and let her get it corrected .

After that, what about Integrity? How do you expect people to take this forum serious when all we preached against is what we ended up doing.
We Nigerians need to change our orientation, we want things by force and after getting it we decide to bastardize it, spoiling it for others.

If she can't follow the legal and right way, how do you expect us to help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2019
cutelass:

It's fake news bro

SMH.... Nawa ooo how can you people bring this nonsense to this forum without verifying things, even European citizen must apply for permit before they can visit U.S talkless Kenya etc.

It's fake news like you've said.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2019
zinkotop:
Here's the transcript;

There's nothing to ''Da si'' what has changed since your first application? None and you think the Conference will help? it won't... please do the needful to get atleast 40% chance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2019
TWoods:

As far as the VO was concerned, your sister was denied for good reason. You may disagree with his/her opinion.

You should realize that the VOs see thousands of people with a similar profile as your sister every day. Most likely do not return after the wedding/graduation/conferences they go to attend. Your sister fits the profile of most at risk group - young, not working, only a student, no serious ties. The other problem... how did you come to stay in the US? Did you also obtain a visiting visa and stay back? Lots of reasons for a denial.

Correct.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dbiks: 8:48pm On May 16, 2019
Good evening everyone, pls i need help concerning my US visa interview appointment in Abuja. after filling all the document to pick the date, the response i got was ' No current date is available try again later and after like three more trials its stated that i have reach the maximum limit.... what do i do cos i need to do the interview before September 18.... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2019
Good evening house,
Please I made a mistake while filling ds160 for my dad and my kid brother . their place of birth is different from what is on the passport, and I've scheduled interview for them for sept23. I hope this can't pose a problem for entrance for the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2019
Dbiks:
Good evening everyone, pls i need help concerning my US visa interview appointment in Abuja. after filling all the document to pick the date, the response i got was ' No current date is available try again later and after like three more trials its stated that i have reach the maximum limit.... what do i do cos i need to do the interview before September 18.... Thanks

There's nothing you can do but to wait till a date is available.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dbiks: 9:05pm On May 16, 2019
[quote author=seyewest post=78451324]

There's nothing you can do but to wait till a date is available.

how do i know?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2019
[quote author=Dbiks post=78451565][/quote]

keep checking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kolping: 9:53pm On May 16, 2019
Exactly. We are either first or last.

Beautyaddy:

Right!

I guess the highest out of the African countries though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kaad: 10:07pm On May 16, 2019
Hi guys, just to gather as much info as possible (i have read through the thread)

Myself, hubby and 2 year old son will be attending husband's cousin wedding (legit US Citizen) in late June at florida.

we have filled out the DS-160 form and have also picked an interview date for June 10

we are applying from the UK where I'm currently a PhD student, prior to travelling to the UK 7 months ago for study, we all do not have any travel history.

while filling the forms, we stated that the person getting married is sponsoring the trip and we intend to be in the US for 2weeks to also view some tourist attractions.

In order to A's our interview,

1. with the above claim, which is the whole truth, what are our chances?
2. is it okay for her to be the sponsor? if it is what other document do we need from her aside from the invite? If it is not, how do we correct that on the already submitted application
3. Lastly, from our end what documents do we need to go with?

Many Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:39pm On May 16, 2019
kaad:
Hi guys, just to gather as much info as possible (i have read through the thread)

Myself, hubby and 2 year old son will be attending husband's cousin wedding (legit US Citizen) in late June at florida.

we have filled out the DS-160 form and have also picked an interview date for June 10

we are applying from the UK where I'm currently a PhD student, prior to travelling to the UK 7 months ago for study, we all do not have any travel history.

while filling the forms, we stated that the person getting married is sponsoring the trip and we intend to be in the US for 2weeks to also view some tourist attractions.

In order to A's our interview,

1. with the above claim, which is the whole truth, what are our chances?
2. is it okay for her to be the sponsor? if it is what other document do we need from her aside from the invite? If it is not, how do we correct that on the already submitted application
3. Lastly, from our end what documents do we need to go with?

Many Thanks.

You’re applying from a foreign country where you likely hold a non-immigrant visa. It will be more difficult to surmount the requirement for home ties - but not impossible. What does your hubby do while you go to school?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 16, 2019
Some people already see Tpako as the savior of the group ..clout chasing up and down on the thread..that’s how one said how can someone go to America to buy wedding gown..like seriously Is that a big deal
BOmum:
I think people question what they dont know..2 months after i joined my company, I was sent to Netherlands for a 3 weeks workshop..5 months into our employment, one of the ladies that joined with me got a short term assignment in Netherlands for 18 months which she went for...Lets stop doubting things we don't know just because we have not seen it happen and it not happening around us does not make it a lie..Companies get level please..She might be working with one big IOC and not Adekoya and brothers

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 12:03am On May 17, 2019
TWoods:

You’re applying from a foreign country where you likely hold a non-immigrant visa. It will be more difficult to surmount the requirement for home ties - but not impossible. What does your hubby do while you go to school?
the wife has a permit being a student so that should qualify them, abi gurus in the house

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zinkotop: 1:15am On May 17, 2019
TWoods:

The VO did not buy your conference. How is this tied to your job? Why would your employer spend money to send you to attend an expo? Those things need to be clear.

Really the conference was legit and its so tied to my job. Infact its organized by the body certifying my profession. Google AAMI and CBET. The vo didn't even ask those questions. All she asked was what i transcribed there

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.