Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:43 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (524473 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Understood bro! Many greetings....

Thanks once more for the initiative of starting a thread that has today blossomed this much, a very rich resource material in fact if we will agree.

No doubt
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2019
Mancala:

Interesting example of usurping authority. As far as I know, there are specific criteria under the law that determine eligibilty for AOS and this cannot be revoked by a simple entry on a stamp. Even denial of entry at the airport is not a final decision if you know what to do. Most people don't know that if you have a visa and are being denied entry, you have the right to an exclusion hearing before a judge to determine your admissibility, an administrative appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals and a judicial review or appeal of any, or all, of the aforementioned decisions. Navigating these waters is much easier with legal representation.

It's very easy if you're a first time traveler and with less than $500.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 7:39pm On May 23, 2019
mfonox:
Good day house,

i applied for drop box on the 29th of March, i just went to get my passport today and was asked to schedule an interview. i just want to know what my chances are for this interview. i got a 2year visa that expired july 2018. i used the visa once in November 2017 and stayed for 3 weeks. i have also been to SA and dubai prior to my US visit. i am a single Lady and my monthly salary is 250k.

The last interview i attended with both of my parents we were planning to attend my cousins wedding. i don't know if i got lucky with the visa the last time cos my aged parents went with me(thats what i believe. i may be wrong). i also told the VO then that i was planning my wedding then. but unfortunately the wedding didnt happen.

Please house. what are my chances...........

you have noting to worry about .your wedding was called off due to heartbreak hence the situation ddnt allow you attend your cousins wedding too but your parents did. You travelled when you felt better. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kobobay(m): 8:00pm On May 23, 2019
I got the same thing in 2017, I got got three instead of two.
AOS/EOS/COS
Adjustment of Stay
Extention of Stay
Change of Stay/Status

When I asked the CBP officer, and I was told that If I am allowed into the U.S. for the duration of months that intended to stay, I would have more presence in the United States in one year than my country of resident.

And she was kind enough to advice me not to come visit United States in 6 months. My visa expired since last year but instead of using dropbox, I opted for visa interview.

tzetzefly:

Nice to know that the thread is manned by very capable hands as it were. Seyewest, Juswise, Madam LadyG, Omobendel24 among others. I will state here that you guys have been doing a very good job on this forum even despite your tight schedules I presume.

HOWEVER AN ADVISE TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS:

I must state that if an applicant does not have a genuine reason(s) to travel to the States, please do not waste your precious funds on visa fees not to mention the resultant negative psychological devastation.

The reform in immigration process is very real not just at the Embassy/ Consulate, but at the Point of Entry.

A word of caution please!

Attached is an entry stamp of a traveller to Atlanta.

Have a nice day!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:42pm On May 23, 2019
Mancala:

Interesting example of usurping authority. As far as I know, there are specific criteria under the law that determine eligibilty for AOS and this cannot be revoked by a simple entry on a stamp. Even denial of entry at the airport is not a final decision if you know what to do. Most people don't know that if you have a visa and are being denied entry, you have the right to an exclusion hearing before a judge to determine your admissibility, an administrative appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals and a judicial review or appeal of any, or all, of the aforementioned decisions. Navigating these waters is much easier with legal representation.

There was a reason I actually said earlier on that “it’s more of a psychological warfare”, we somehow have to keep the sanity of the thread on matters of this nature.... But then, you are good
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:51pm On May 23, 2019
kobobay:
I got the same thing in 2017, I got got three instead of two.
AOS/EOS/COS
Adjustment of Stay
Extention of Stay
Change of Stay/Status

When I asked the CBP officer, and I was told that If I am allowed into the U.S. for the duration of months that intended to stay, I would have more presence in the United States in one year than my country of resident.

And she was kind enough to advice me not to come visit United States in 6 months. My visa expired since last year but instead of using dropbox, I opted for visa interview.

From research, the above seems to be a major reason for such annotations. People mostly affected are those who go in and out of the US often, especially those stylishly making US their residence on a B1/B2 visa.

I however know it affects first timers too. I used to think it is much more geared at bringing frustration to you early and ensuring you fall out of status quick just in case you plan to overstay, but it’s much more than that. It is not commonplace too, but has been on a long while.

Several Nigerians entered the US today without this annotation on their passport, will suggest we don’t make mountain out of a molehill on it, at least for now, but there’s a deliberate clampdown ongoing no doubt, they are ready for us!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 2:22am On May 24, 2019
OmoBendel24:

From research, the above seems to be a major reason for such annotations. People mostly affected are those who go in and out of the US often, especially those stylishly making US their residence on a B1/B2 visa.

I however know it affects first timers too. I used to think it is much more geared at bringing frustration to you early and ensuring you fall out of status quick just in case you plan to overstay, but it’s much more than that. It is not commonplace too, but has been on a long while.

Several Nigerians entered the US today without this annotation on their passport, will suggest we don’t make mountain out of a molehill on it, at least for now, but there’s a deliberate clampdown ongoing no doubt, they are ready for us!

And we are ready for them too o! Have they forgotten so soon? We are coming to enjoy the fruits of the handiwork of our forefathers grin
Read Exodus 12:35 and see that a workman is worthy of his hire. No matter how long it takes, we shall reap the just fruits of our ancestors labor. But on a serious note, if anyone deserves a special visa category like ESTA, it is Igbos and Yorubas. We have serious family ties in the U.S. and they owe us big time grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:50am On May 24, 2019
TWoods:

It is not clear to me why Nigerians give themselves such headaches by refusing to be honest at the first time of asking... the question on the visa form asks if you have any immediate family members in the US. It is a Yes/No question... so claiming that you forgot to add your sibling means you answered "no", which is clearly a misrepresentation. You are asked to state if you have family in the US, not family that you are on speaking terms with. You've just given yourself unecessary problems.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:56am On May 24, 2019
Tell him to send you that money so
You can start up something In Nigeria..with time you will be able to apply for visas independently..best wishes
1984och:

Thank you so much. The only tie I have is my mum. Like I said, I don't have a job, I don't have a wife nor child, I don't even have a business.
I'll just forget about it. I'll tell him not to bother.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:58am On May 24, 2019
Did they migrate legally or they overstayed their visas..??that should help you
arro:
Thanks for all the informations provided on this platform, but I still need help, I don't know what they mean by ties in your home country, am married with a daughter, and both of us are public servants, but I was still denied, again if my cousin who has been in usa as citizen since 1997 married with children and a nurse by profession and the hubby drug enforcement agent invite me for holiday with it carry weight, will it fly?
This is for the positive minded people and not for those with negativities to reply please.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:59am On May 24, 2019
Constructive criticism not just jest,insults etc
ayenikunle:

You better let people with 'negativities' also help you out... a lot of wisdom lie in criticism.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alien1: 9:18am On May 24, 2019
Hmmm

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:38am On May 24, 2019
alien1:
Hmmm

Incomplete story.......

This person enter through INP Indianapolis not Atlanta.
AOS/EOS no be today.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by arro: 10:59am On May 24, 2019
migrated legally, all married with children and well established.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:19am On May 24, 2019
alien1:
Hmmm

This is a specific case, I don't think they do that to everyone.

I entered usa may 6th, and this was not what was written on my passport and i was stamped in for 6 months.

I guess the owner of that passport stayed for a very long time in his/her previous stay or has extended his / her previous stay before or has a relationship in usa or some other information we are not aware of. Also they did that so he does not change his status from america if the person has a bf / gf in usa. They Probably want the person to that from Nigeria instead.

The only difference between what was written on my passport and my previous entry stamps was that they wrote B2 (holiday), while the others just had B2 and also my passport was checked by a CBP officer while departing usa.

Please let us not create unnecessary fear for GENUINE travelers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by beejhay69: 11:31am On May 24, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Please let us not create unnecessary fear for GENUINE travelers.

REAL TALK.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2019
suxes2005:

Yeah, you're right!

Had an issue with someone here as regarding S.A. visa long time ago.

That was when S.A. asked people to pay repatriation fees.

The work has not been easy at all, but then, we need to keep moving.

SHALOM

You really want me to bring out your fraudulent history here? You are a scandalous visa agent known by a lot of old users here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ugo4hotish(m): 12:01pm On May 24, 2019
what could have been wrong?

Father and son approached the v.o's window.

VO: passports please

Son: (tosses passports to the VO)

VO: who's he to you.

father : yes we're together, I'm going with him

VO: no, I mean who's he to you

Son: he's my father
father : he's my son

VO: what do you do sir?

father : I'm a director of pharmacy at Bleep State University Teaching Hospital

VO: and what of you?

Son: I'm an accounts clerk in same hospital

VO: (typed for long on her computer)

VO: I'm sorry you do not qualify at this moment. (tosses a pink paper and passports back to father and son)

father AND SON ANGRILY LEFT

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by suxes2005(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2019
justwise:

You really want me to bring out your fraudulent history here? You are a scandalous visa agent known by a lot of old users here.

Go ahead.

All the best boy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2019
suxes2005:

Go ahead.

All the best boy.

This is just one of many https://www.nairaland.com/667043/secret-behind-canadian-asylum-scam

Luckily for you i don't have the time to exhume years of your shameful activities here.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Agbaletu: 12:33pm On May 24, 2019
justwise:

This is just one of many https://www.nairaland.com/667043/secret-behind-canadian-asylum-scam

Luckily for you i don't have the time to exhume years of your shameful activities here.
Nawa o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FurnitureMart01: 12:58pm On May 24, 2019
hello all please am trying to schedule an appointment with the embassy and this has been on their site for over a week please what do i do

There are currently no appointments available.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:32pm On May 24, 2019
Demicoker:
I want to agree with you but it’s pretty difficult..why compel anyone to claim a family member you don want to claim..so many in reality don’t have business with certain family members..and why should I claim someone I don’t want to claim just because USA wants me to claim them..Naija must be good one day cos the way we see this USA..we can’t even fault them or question them..why must my visa application depend on a family member if I don’t have an Interest or business with them..USA must restructure,Nigeria must attain a certain level and the citizens of Nigeria should do better so this embarrassment can/should stop

lol!...Keep wishing!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:36pm On May 24, 2019
oluayebenz:

Incomplete story.......

This person enter through INP Indianapolis not Atlanta.
AOS/EOS no be today.

You know as well?

I was going back and forth with another poster about it on another thread that it's been going on not just with Trump's administration but the poster was adamant and trying to convince him/herself otherwise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 1:45pm On May 24, 2019
justwise:

alot of old members here know the story, please save yourself the stress. Meanwhile continue to inform everyone and anyone not to patronise agents.this is the least we can do.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 3:02pm On May 24, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You know as well?

I was going back and forth with another poster about it on another thread that it's been going on not just with Trump's administration but the poster was adamant and trying to convince him/herself otherwise.

Lol
Some people will just be arguing with no prove.

I know someone that was stamped like that during Obama regime.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by marooooo: 3:07pm On May 24, 2019
Good afternoon house, I seriously need your help now. I submitted my DS-160 form 3rd of May and I am to travel 28th of September, to my greatest surprised appointment had reached 25th of September, so I had no choice than to choose that. My fear now is, since issued Visa takes 3working days if at all. Am thinking I should cancel d first one and reschedule and if anyone is opporttuned to get any available date in July or August, or what should I do??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 4:43pm On May 24, 2019
marooooo:
Good afternoon house, I seriously need your help now. I submitted my DS-160 form 3rd of May and I am to travel 28th of September, to my greatest surprised appointment had reached 25th of September, so I had no choice than to choose that. My fear now is, since issued Visa takes 3working days if at all. Am thinking I should cancel d first one and reschedule and if anyone is opporttuned to get any available date in July or August, or what should I do??
keep checking appointment portal you might be lucky to get open dates between now and June. Cancel when you see dates.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2019
awumen:
keep checking appointment portal you might be lucky to get open dates between now and June. Cancel when you see dates.
not cancel, instead reschedule.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by marooooo: 7:46pm On May 24, 2019
Okay thanks, but how can I keep checking with my profile,when am booked for one already?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abbey1986(m): 10:33pm On May 24, 2019
Pls I néed advice, I have an invitation letter from my cousin in the state for June 13 but yet to sechdule appointment,can I get a date before or after the wedding date ? Does it after my chance of getting the visa if date I get is after the wedding... am married with kid,good job with new generation bank 6 yrs wit them and haven't travelled out of the country before.. kindly help a nigga �

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (252)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.