Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,957 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (527724 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2019
GUYS AM FILLING THE DS160 FORM NOW! AT WHAT STAGE DO I UPLOAD MY 2X2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH on WHITE BACKGROUND?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Osahon7:
GUYS AM FILLING THE DS160 FORM NOW! AT WHAT STAGE DO I UPLOAD MY 2X2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH on WHITE BACKGROUND?

keep filling the form, when you get to that stage, you will be told to upload your passport.

I think its towards the end, after security and background questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Dammilekan:
am serious let me tell you how they know each other, my mom followed ny sis for her USA interviee she got denied my mom was angry � as a yoruba mom she started shouting all over d place then some security guard calm my mum down and she explain everything to them, money she as spent and time wasted one of the guard collected my mom number, she keep linking my mom too is superior, one of the oga actually gist my mom about one program they usually do at the embassy. Wich was successful

lolzzzz... keep checking your email, I trust naija people will be rushing you now to know about the program... grin

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...My same thoughts.

Do they even conduct face-to-face UK visit visa interviews at the UK Commission in Nigeria?

BTW, has the UK completed and opened their newly proposed embassy in Abuja?

Yes ooo right beside the U.S Embassy...but we still use the TLS office for documentation and all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2019
kuljiyke:
Please house I'm having my interview in few days to come, I will like to drop my transcript for you to correct me
V.o: your passport
Me. I give it him/her
V.o. why do you intend traveling
Me. On vacation
V.o. are you married
Me. No but I have kid living with me
V.o. who are you keeping her with since you are going on vacation
Me. I would have loved to take her along but her school will be on so I will invite my mum over to take care of her
V.o. what do you do for a living
Me. I work as a sales representative at soda king int'l food and industry ltd
V.o. your monthly income
Me. As a sales rep I received monthly salary, monthly incentive, fueling allowance, recharge card allowance, and so on, so my monthly income is 500 and above
V.o. how much do you budget for your trip
Me. $5000 cause I be shopping for my kid my mom my brother and sisters and my closet colleague at work
V.o. how many weeks do you intend to stay in the US
Me. Though I filled 3weeks I was thinking I will add my outstanding leave to it but it wasn't approved because of my role at work now am using 2weeks.

Can this be approved by the v.o
Do I need to go with my statement of account or proof of funds

Please I want you to put me through and correct my mistake and also fill the missing gap for me

Which kain sales work you dey do whey dey give you take home of over half a mil/month in naija ?
My buhari is working!

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
seyewest:

Yes ooo right beside the U.S Embassy...but we still use the TLS office for documentation and all.

What does TLS mean?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Good Day House,

Finally we were able to get a date for late April for our 221G interview. Was quite surprised as someone actually called me to go check the dates. We didn't have to wait long before we got our date whereas others have intervals of 5-6months. From what I see, it seems the whole 221G has various levels from where they place different applicants depending on their situation from light weight to serious cases. And they allow different profiles to have access to varying dates. That said I cud be wrong.

Now that half of my issue (picking interview date) is solved, it's now time to get to issues of our application wch I have highlighted in part 3 already but ll summarise here. They are the following with the logical responses attached.

1. My wife's 5 months stay during childbirth

We went for our initial interview in 2014 and we told the boys we we're going for vacation. He asked if we were going to give birth at this time but we said No. The visas were issued and we went for vacation and came back after 3 weeks. My wife was a few weeks pregnant at this time. We decided to give birth abroad after a month of our coming back by wch time she was about 7 months gone. I forgot to mention, we didn't travel immediately we got the visa. We also mailed the embassy before she went and they mailed back saying we ll be attended to at the POE. She got in and they just asked if she has a doctor and she has paid her bills. She gave birth and did postnatal for 3months before she came. Another thing was that we didn't know we could get birth certificate at the county office in a few weeks and was waiting for the document from Vital Records state office wch takes longer. In all she spent 5 months and we have collected all our receipts and zero balance statements from the health providers.

My question here is that the total bill is around $9K wch is in the range of delivery costs average for this particular state. Is this bill okay or too small? As I heard they like hearing large amount for delivery costs at the embassy? Though we paid all the bills we were told to pay

2. She not using the previous visa in the validity period.

We reapplied for visas in 2017 thru Dropbox and they were issued. We decided to travel in December. She and my son decided to head to London to see our family there while I headed to Dallas. I spent about 4 weeks and came back and so did they. We finally didn't get time to travel again and the visas expired.

3. Or the destination of our visit wch is NYC

we are visiting a family friend and this was stated in the application with details. NYC because we love to visit the tourist sites there and have been to other cities (Miami, Dallas and Atlanta) the last two, on two different occasions. so we wanted to try out somewhere new.

Asides the above, we were told to print out a new DS 160. Not sure if this means DS 160 appointment slip with the photo ID or what? Pls someone that has gone for a 221G interview, pls can I know what we are required to take along and what docs we need for our defence.

Any other advice is welcomed.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
Don't you think that guy should be banned?
seyewest:

lolzzzz... keep checking your email, I trust naija people will be rushing you now to know about the program... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Which kain sales work you dey do whey dey give you take home of over half a mil/month in naija ?
My buhari is working!
I am a sales executive senior staff, not ordinary sales person

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
kuljiyke:

I am a sales executive senior staff, not ordinary sales person

Nice. Which sector?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
ozymes:
Don't you think that guy should be banned?
what offense have i committed that theu should ban me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
Dammilekan:
am serious let me tell you how they know each other, my mom followed ny sis for her USA interviee she got denied my mom was angry � as a yoruba mom she started shouting all over d place then some security guard calm my mum down and she explain everything to them, money she as spent and time wasted one of the guard collected my mom number, she keep linking my mom too is superior, one of the oga actually gist my mom about one program they usually do at the embassy. Wich was successful

Surreptitiously done it seems (it may just be an innocent statement most likely), I actually didn’t even notice till news filtered out here from my “guyses”. Such could eventually turn out to be a deliberate bait ab initio for unsuspecting folks, a precursor to something sinister and “419ish”! Dig?

Dammilekan:
what offense have i committed that theu should ban me

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Surreptitiously done it seems (it may just be an innocent statement most likely), I actually didn’t even notice till news filtered out here from my “guyses”. Such could eventually turn out to be a deliberate bait ab initio for unsuspecting folks, a precursor to something sinister and “419ish”! Dig?

LMAO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ak22(m): 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
Please link to fill form d160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
ak22:
Please link to fill form d160
Google ds160 application form + American embassy,Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

What does TLS mean?

TLS contact is the company in charge of document collection on behalf of UK Embassy/High Commission in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
OmoBendel24:

You suppose know say I go notice... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yinkagbo(m): 3:33am On Apr 05, 2019
Dammilekan:
LMAO
Why you dey laugh, don't you understand English?oh,I see where your problem is.coming from.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oby2424: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2019
Just finished my interview, wasn’t sucessful. No document was asked. We don’t have travel history, have 2 children and we both work. The man just kept asking us what we filled on the form, kept typing and that’s all. I understand their concerns, but people are really travelling for vacation and coming back. i mean do they expect me to leave my kids here? Never, Really hoped to cool off a bit from all this Lagos hassle. Well God knows best. Am not even interested anymore, will convince hubby for us to go to dubai.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 11:09am On Apr 05, 2019
seyewest:

TLS contact is the company in charge of document collection on behalf of UK Embassy/High Commission in Nigeria.
Doesn't VFS do it anymore?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2019
Oby2424:
Just finished my interview, wasn’t sucessful. No document was asked. We don’t have travel history, have 2 children and we both work. The man just kept asking us what we filled on the form, kept typing and that’s all. I understand their concerns, but people are really travelling for vacation and coming back. i mean do they expect me to leave my kids here? Never, Really hoped to cool off a bit from all this Lagos hassle. Well God knows best. Am not even interested anymore, will convince hubby for us to go to dubai.

So sorry about that. You will surely enjoy dubai. It is a beautiful place with a lot of fun activities.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oby2424: 11:56am On Apr 05, 2019
Ok, thank you.
Blackfinegirl:

So sorry about that. You will surely enjoy dubai. It is a beautiful place with a lot of fun activities.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2019
Oby2424:

Don't take it personal. He is just doing his job.
You seem not to have been very prepared. You did not want him to ask you questions ni? You should be excited when asked questions from your DS160

Be careful in Dubai don't be tempted and have fun
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oby2424: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
I mean how else should I be prepared, Yea it’s my first time but that doesn’t make. The man before Us was a pastor with so many travel history, and he gave him. Maybe he felt giving out another white paper will be too much on his own part. If he wasn’t convinced, he should have asked more questions.....
AfonjaBoston:

Don't take it personal. He is just doing his job.
You seem not to have been very prepared. You did not want him to ask you questions ni? You should be excited when asked questions from your DS160

Be careful in Dubai don't be tempted and have fun

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
Oby2424:
I mean how else should I be prepared, Yea it’s my first time but that doesn’t make. The man before Us was a pastor with so many travel history, and he gave him. Maybe he felt giving out another white paper will be too much on his own part. If he wasn’t convinced, he should have asked more questions.....

Don't compare people before or after you.
Una two no get the same circumstance or name.
Visa is not an entitlement.
He probably did not need to ask more since you already "failed " the few he asked

Go to Dubai like four times and apply again in 2021

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oby2424: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ok, I have heard. Thanks
AfonjaBoston:

He probably did not need to ask more since you already "failed " the few he asked

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteshark101(m): 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
Good day I applied for
B1/B2 visa in 2013
And
Was
Denied
And
I have paid
My visa fees
Since January this year but haven’t applied yet cos
I was trying to use my former email that I used before
And it wasn’t approved and I even mailed
The uS embassy with my passport
Details I
Used the last time and this my present passport
And they were responding but all
Of
A sudden they stopped
Responding so
I
Feel
My details
Of
The last interview is not
I’m dere database anymore
So
Am
I
Supposed
Yo
Use a
New email
For
The application cos I still
Have the other Infos I filled
In the last application and
I can access it but to
Fill the application for
A new application am not
Allowed to
Do
That.
Pls house I need your
Opinions if you have experienced such before. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Oby2424:
Enjoy your Dubai trip, I think travel that you ddnt have might have worked against you. Also try Kenya, Rwanda after Dubai then re-apply again hopefully b4 this time next year. Pele.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
Was at DHL today with a friend to pick their passport, my people enough 221g o. This people de beg o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
kuljiyke:
Please house I'm having my interview in few days to come, I will like to drop my transcript for you to correct me
V.o: your passport
Me. I give it him/her
V.o. why do you intend traveling
Me. On vacation
V.o. are you married
Me. No but I have kid living with me
V.o. who are you keeping her with since you are going on vacation
Me. I would have loved to take her along but her school will be on so I will invite my mum over to take care of her
V.o. what do you do for a living
Me. I work as a sales representative at soda king int'l food and industry ltd
V.o. your monthly income
Me. As a sales rep I received monthly salary, monthly incentive, fueling allowance, recharge card allowance, and so on, so my monthly income is 500 and above
V.o. how much do you budget for your trip
Me. $5000 cause I be shopping for my kid my mom my brother and sisters and my closet colleague at work
V.o. how many weeks do you intend to stay in the US
Me. Though I filled 3weeks I was thinking I will add my outstanding leave to it but it wasn't approved because of my role at work now am using 2weeks.

Can this be approved by the v.o
Do I need to go with my statement of account or proof of funds

Please I want you to put me through and correct my mistake and also fill the missing gap for me
- where will you stay? Hotel or friends, family? If it's hotel 3 weeks stay is 2-3K approx + food, transportation, your 5K is not enough for 3 weeks stay?
- do you have family, friends in USA? Which city, state are you going and what kind of tourism, what are you going to see in the states?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
sugah:

Doesn't VFS do it anymore?

Maybe for Lagos not Abuja.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

You no well.... grin

try Europe as well.... your bank statement will do justice for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.