Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529153 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2019
seyewest:

They're not joking anymore, it's strictly based on merit now.
Merit?
I think something's going on. A colleague got denied his B visa because according to them he went on a 1week training on a B visa instead of M visa....this is someone that studied in the US on M visa and has been going to the US for training every 6months since 2014.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2019
#copied #copied...........................pls is this true

VISA GUIDE FOR SELF EMPLOYED INDIVIDUALS.
After your Nigerian boss "show you pepper" you finally decided that the fastest way to get taty billion in your account is to become an entrepreneur. Welcome to the club where your visa struggle is special.
As a self employed individual it's usually harder to prove to the consular that you have a genuine source of income and you don't plan to run away. And since you can't just get a letter from your employer you have to take some steps to make your self "visa worthy" (while these steps do no guarantee that you will get a visa it might help make your case better and a little bit harder for the consular to say no. I'm sure some business people didn't do this and they got their visas, but with the hurdles we have to face to get visas as Nigerian passport holders it doesn't hurt if you make sure your application is the best it can be.
1. Register your company.
2. Get a company account.
3. Make sure money from your business goes into your company account.
4. Get a salary account and pay yourself a salary monthly. Get a second account for savings.
5. Prepare a salary certificate for yourself monthly properly typed and stamped.
6. Get a tax clearance certificate. (FIRS have an office in Yaba and Ikorodu if you live in Lagos)
7. Get your personal tax clearance. (Not usually necessary but it doesn't hurt to have it)
8. Write a visa cover letter explaining the purpose of your trip, how you will fund your trip, details of your itinerary, explain details of your supporting documents, and your intent to return back to your country and all the "beautiful things" waiting for you when you return��. It also doesn't hurt to explain in details how your business will operate while you are on vacation.
9. Ha! Yes, do not forget the most essential of all fasting and prayer. ��
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
seyewest:

I'm talking about relatives not close relatives...

The relative is a yes or no answer on the form, if you choose yes and they did not ask about the relative during interview why will you want to bring it up with the VO?

He MUST state YES that he has a sibling in the US, and I haven’t said too that (s)he will have to on his/her own begin to talk of the matter when not asked oh! But I don’t see how it won’t come up though....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ibradeen: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
emily111:
#copied #copied.......................

....pls is this true

No it isn't I THINK.
They won't even ask to see these items being advised that people should get
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibradeen:
VISA Interview Experience

So, at that time I want to give out my GA letter and bank statement...
But, she signaled , I should not worry for documents....
After a while, pink slip {denied}
Please, what can be done, as I am preparing to reapply.

Funding of the program be a problem. An uncle that may change his mind.
GA will cover all or part of your fees.
I think the VO had concerns with these...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibradeen:

Date: 14th June 2019
Consulate: Lagos, Nigeria
Slot: 7:45AM
University: Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, Tennessee
Course: Computer Science and Quantitative Methods Concentration in Mathematical Finance
Test not required, I did not take any....

Me: Good Morning Ma'm!
VO: Good morning, pass your i20 and passport please.
-passed-
VO: How did you know about the school
Me: I first heard of apsu in one of the scholar’s forum I belong to.

Do more research and apply to a higher ranking University since you say is a special course.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
flourishing247:
My friends experience yesterday. She was grilled for close to 20mins by an African American Lady.

She went to renew expired visa for her children. She was asked why they wanted to travel. She answered. Please note that 90% of her family stays in the US. They all travelled legally. She said the VO ignored them and typed, typed and typed. She was basically looking at all her records. She questioned her on EVERY visit and also questioned her about duration. She answered her truthfully. The interview lasted almost 20mins. She said the VO kept typing and typing with a few questions when she pulls up an information. We just concluded that she was searching to know if she gave birth in the US.. Finally she approved it. We were so happy with our victories. We interviewed same week and all approved. Bottom line NEVER lie and be consistent.
congrat to you and your friend.like I always mention here, be honest, no
matter how bad your situation get, just say the truth.i honestly sympathize with couple with 50yrs travel history,i want to assume either their was error in the form/info provided or VO was having a bad day. If they try again, am sure they will get it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibradeen:

Course: Computer Science and Quantitative Methods Concentration in Mathematical Finance

-passed-
Me: I first heard of apsu in one of the scholar’s forum I belong to. However, I did not stop there, I did an extensive online research on institutions that offer mathematical finance and related courses, signaled me to stop
VO: when did you graduate and school
Me: 2014, University of Lagos
Vo: What have you been doing
Me: I went for my NYSC, finished 2015
VO: {Cuts in} you have degree 2015 to 2017
Me: Yes ma
vo: what degree
Me: Masters in Statistics
VO: {raise eye}, why going for another Masters
Me: Thank you ma, To be a graduate of Mathematical Finance, Mathematical and statistical background is highly fundamental, hence, I took my time to study and have a degree in Mathematics and Statistics.
VO: Nods in affirmation, and stopped me from giving other reasons majorly why Mathematical finance sad
VO: Do you apply to any other universities, name them
Me: mtu, Unh and wmu.
VO: Are you married or Single
Me: Single
VO: Any child/children
Me: None , I am single
VO: Who is sponsoring your Education
Me: I explained I got a GA which covers my tuition and fees, and also stipends, and my Uncle will help in provision of other funds...
Then, she continued to type

Two problems:

a. Your university of choice.
b. You’re going for another masters. If you already have one in Nigeria, why are you wasting money and time to travel to the US to do exactly the same thing? The obvious conclusion is that you’re using it as a route to emigrate, not really to improve from an educational stand point.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
sugah:

Merit?
I think something's going on. A colleague got denied his B visa because according to them he went on a 1week training on a B visa instead of M visa....this is someone that studied in the US on M visa and has been going to the US for training every 6months since 2014.

Your friend should check the requirements for a B visa, I’m sure a training isn’t one of them. Did he specify he was going for a training when he applied for that visa? It doesn’t matter if you’ve been visiting the US for 50 years, all it takes is to abuse it once.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibradeen:

-passed-
Me: I first heard of apsu in one of the scholar’s forum I belong to. However, I did not stop there, I did an extensive online research on institutions that offer mathematical finance and related courses, signaled me to stop

Why didn't you apply for a PhD even in Mathematical finance?

You could have been advised to take some prerequisite courses before you resume fully for your PhD.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prejulsuc(f): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Spanishmilf:
if a sister file for his brother It takes roughly 10years can you wait?
you can imagine the years.The person will have grown bears everywhere now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
TWoods:

Your friend should check the requirements for a B visa, I’m sure a training isn’t one of them. Did he specify he was going for a training when he applied for that visa? It doesn’t matter if you’ve been visiting the US for 50 years, all it takes is to abuse it once.
Maybe you should tell us since you are omniknowest.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Spanishmilf:
grin I don't support visa misuse but can some people wait for 10 years?

If you're busy with school, going to work and raising a family, 10 years will be like 2 years.

So yes, people can wait 10 years to be approved of a US green card if there's no other alternative the person can use.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
fkj950ax:

Funding of the program be a problem. An uncle that may change his mind.
GA will cover all or part of your fees.
I think the VO had concerns with these...

Huh...a common trend Every Student visa applicant has been using...even if the uncle's SOA is just used as a figure head. undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babbs45: 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibradeen:

-passed-
VO: {Cuts in} you have degree 2015 to 2017
Me: Yes ma
vo: what degree
Me: Masters in Statistics
VO: {raise eye}, why going for another Masters
Me: Thank you ma, To be a graduate of Mathematical Finance, Mathematical and statistical background is highly fundamental, hence, I took my time to study and have a degree in Mathematics and Statistics.
VO: Nods in affirmation, and stopped me from giving other reasons majorly why Mathematical finance sad
VO: Do you apply to any other universities, name them
Me: mtu, Unh and wmu.
VO: Are you married or Single
Me: Single
VO: Any child/children
Me: None , I am single
VO: Who is sponsoring your Education
Me: I explained I got a GA which covers my tuition and fees, and also stipends, and my Uncle will help in provision of other funds...
Then, she continued to type

I don't think the school was the issue cos I have read a lot of approved visa transcripts of students going to that school. I suggest you post this transcript on the student thread, trust me you will get a lot of feedback that will aid you in planning your next move.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliya: 11:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hello everybody, please who knows if DHL offices open on Saturday for passport collection?
Website says they open but Doesn’t say for passport collection.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chinwe12: 2:52am On Jun 15, 2019
Hello all, I just filed form DS160 for my 5 years old daughter to come to US for the summer holiday her interview is on July and she will be back to naija by sept for school resumption, I am a lpr and want to file a ds260 for her and I know that will take some time so I want her to come for the summer holiday and return by sept, then after she returns to naija, at least I must have seen and spent some time with her then I will file form ds260 for her because I was told that once I file ds260 for her she won't be allowed to come visit, so once she returns to naija by Sept by God's grace I plan to file for her ds260 in Oct at least I will be satisfied that I have seen her before waiting 2 or more years for her immigrant visa to be processes please do you think shes gonna be considered as she would be going with her legal guardian and is she gonna be asked any question since she's five and is the legal guardian gonna be asked questions too. Since I'm sponsoring her from the US what document will be required of me? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:39am On Jun 15, 2019
Spanishmilf:
if a sister file for his brother It takes roughly 10years can you wait?

So you prefer to sneak into the country like a thief? Or to live like rat illegally?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2019
ifyalways:
Omo, some friends of mine just got denied visas.

Profile :
Couple, retired from multinational establishments.
Children and grands all live in UK and Ireland
Over 50 years travel history. Their first US visas (they were both single then) was in the 70's.
They currently hold 10 years UK visas respectively amongst others.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement fa shocked

You are shocked? Sorry but why? If you have been following the stories in the media, the Trump administration wants only whites as immigrants. That attitude is is trickling down. No to people from shithole countries. The racism is going to be on your face from now on.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ifyalways(f): 7:42am On Jun 15, 2019
ornicus:

You are shocked? Sorry but why? If you have been following the stories in the media, the Trump administration wants only whites as immigrants. That attitude is is trickling down. No to people from shithole countries. The racism is going to be on your face from now on.
There was no immigration intent anywhere. . .

Just visit, take some of the grandkids (from UK) to Disneyland .The trip was gonna set them back by atleast $15K.

They have gotten over it sef planning on taking the grands somewhere else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliya: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2019
With the way things are, her chances of getting the visa is quite slim. I suggest you file for her and come to naija to see her pending her immigrant visa approval.
chinwe12:
Hello all, I just filed form DS160 for my 5 years old daughter to come to US for the summer holiday her interview is on July and she will be back to naija by sept for school resumption, I am a lpr and want to file a ds260 for her and I know that will take some time so I want her to come for the summer holiday and return by sept, then after she returns to naija, at least I must have seen and spent some time with her then I will file form ds260 for her because I was told that once I file ds260 for her she won't be allowed to come visit, so once she returns to naija by Sept by God's grace I plan to file for her ds260 in Oct at least I will be satisfied that I have seen her before waiting 2 or more years for her immigrant visa to be processes please do you think shes gonna be considered as she would be going with her legal guardian and is she gonna be asked any question since she's five and is the legal guardian gonna be asked questions too. Since I'm sponsoring her from the US what document will be required of me? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 15, 2019
ifyalways:

There was no immigration intent anywhere. . .

Just visit, take some of the grandkids (from UK) to Disneyland .The trip was gonna set them back by atleast $15K.

They have gotten over it sef planning on taking the grands somewhere else.

I know. That is the new us. As unwelcoming as possible to undesirables. You no see as Laura ikeji dey wail for social media?

If Stephen Miller has his way, they will outlaw anchor babies. My understanding is you must have 600k income monthly to qualify for a visa. This is why they voted trump.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2019
chinwe12:

Your daughter is F2A..pls file for her immediately. Right now F2A is current meaning for those who have filed and are documentarily ready interviews would be scheduled, so its no longer 2years...your daughter could be with you in a matter or months.
Its HIGHLY unlikely her visit visa would be approved. She does have immigrant intent...abi if she comes on holiday and refuses to leave you would you turn her back?
Its very rare that F2A is current Don't miss this window of opportunity. File ASAP.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2019
salsera:

Your daughter is F2A..pls file for her immediately. Right now F2A is current meaning for those who have filed and are documentarily ready interviews would be scheduled, so its no longer 2years...your daughter could be with you in a matter or months.
Its HIGHLY unlikely her visit visa would be approved. She does have immigrant intent...abi if she comes on holiday and refuses to leave you would you turn her back?
Its very rare that F2A is current Don't miss this window of opportunity. File ASAP.
Exactly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chinwe12: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2019
salsera:

Thanks a lot for your reply, do you suggest I cancel the interview and start the f2a application right away? And I just checked online and you are right, its current for F2A, I will cancel the interview and start this right away. Thanks a lot.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2019
Is it true that Trump as ban student visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Is it true that Trump as ban student visa

No.
Fake news

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
oluayebenz:

No.
Fake news
i wan collapse
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2019
Spanishmilf:
i wan collapse

Lol why
U have a pending application ?

I dont think is possible for any country to ban student visa, it can only be too difficult to get approved

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
oluayebenz:

Lol why
U have a pending application ?

I dont think is possible for any country to ban student visa, it can only be too difficult to get approved
Asper my friends nii jare......USCIS want to take forever to approve out petition
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
chinwe12:
iyaaliya:
With the way things are, her chances of getting the visa is quite slim. I suggest you file for her and come to naija to see her pending her immigrant visa approval.
It's exactly what CO will say or think and the girl will be denied her visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.