Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (528225 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
Use a card that has funds in the account. You'll book but your account wont be debited.
labiowo:
Hello Nairalander,
Please house I need a website where I can book for hotel reservation without paying a dine.I have tried booking.com , input my card details later received a mail that my card is invalid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
labiowo:
Hello Nairalander,
Please house I need a website where I can book for hotel reservation without paying a dine.I have tried booking.com , input my card details later received a mail that my card is invalid.

Book hotel that accept payment on arrival.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
ysteph:
Use a card that has funds in the account. You'll book but your account wont be debited.

True.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
samobaba4u:
Good day everyone, kudos to you people for great job you are doing here. I can see you guys are really making thing easier for applicants.

Please, I will like to clarify these,
1. Is it true that currently they don't request documents for interview again? If they still request, what and what can someone take along as Personal Assistant, first timer traveling with his boss and sponsor by the employee (Boss).
2. What are the likely questions they may ask.
Your quick response will highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Take your time to read the thread from 1-4 you won't need anyone to assist you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by annikanyi(f): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
Please can anyone help with this? Thank you
annikanyi:
Hello house, quick question please.
My interview is for September and Adjustments such as increments in salaries and new letters of appointment were issued at my work place last month.
How do I go about informing the embassy about this change or do I wait & go to my interview with copies of these letters? Does it change anything if I wait? Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
labiowo:
Hello Nairalander,
https://www.airbnb.com/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
annikanyi:
Please can anyone help with this? Thank you

Fill another form and write them to change your old ds160 number to the new one, as for the new employment letter, take both along for the interview.
Take your time to read the thread from the 1st part to the last thread, you won't regret it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by granmurdafucker(f): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
123JohnF:

https://www.airbnb.com/

good afternoon everyone! Please which state is best to visit for vocation & tourism in America? We thinking of Florida or texas.. First application 2018, was new York he was denied! Please someone help with this. Thank you all

[color=#770077][/color]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by annikanyi(f): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
Thanks a lot
seyewest:

Fill another form and write them to change your old ds160 number to the new one, as for the new employment letter, take both along for the interview.
Take your time to read the thread from the 1st part to the last thread, you won't regret it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by democrat101: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
Good day everyone! I need contribution of traveling experts on this. My mom has a US white citizen of her age bracket planning on inviting her over. The said woman has been to Nigeria couple of times.
My mom family ties she can boast of is her husband, her children and grandchildren. She recently retired and will start earning her pension next year so her account is not bogus to sponsor herself. The white woman in question has agreed to sponsor her with her own account. I will like to know her chances of getting the visa and what needs to be included to make the application scale through. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
granmurdafucker:

good afternoon everyone! Please which state is best to visit for vocation & tourism in America? We thinking of Florida or texas.. First application 2018, was new York he was denied! Please someone help with this. Thank you all

[color=#770077][/color]

Have you traveled out of Nigeria after the denial? Normally they will expect you to use the travel budget/expense to travel to another country (Backup) incase of U.S denial.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
democrat101:
Good day everyone! I need contribution of traveling experts on this. My mom has a US white citizen of her age bracket planning on inviting her over. The said woman has been to Nigeria couple of times.
My mom family ties she can boast of is her husband, her children and grandchildren. She recently retired and will start earning her pension next year so her account is not bogus to sponsor herself. The white woman in question has agreed to sponsor her with her own account. I will like to know her chances of getting the visa and what needs to be included to make the application scale through. Thanks

She can apply but what is your mom travel history like? when applying she must state categorically she's visiting her friend, who visited her severally in Nigeria from U.S and she's returning the favor, this and her status as senior citizen should swing it in her favor.
goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by democrat101: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
seyewest:

She can apply but what is your mom travel history like? when applying she must state categorically she's visiting her friend, who visited her severally in Nigeria from U.S and she's returning the favor, this and her status as senior citizen should swing it in her favor.
goodluck
no travel history except for neighboring Benin Republic but she never stamped her passport. As regards her account, I hope that wudint pose any threat to her application as her account isn't very bogus .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
democrat101:
no travel history except for neighboring Benin Republic but she never stamped her passport. As regards her account, I hope that wudint pose any threat to her application as her account isn't very bogus .

Benin Republic trip should never be mentioned since the trip was never stamped on her passport, as per funds no need for her to worry but she must be the sponsor not her friend.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by granmurdafucker(f): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
seyewest:

Have you traveled out of Nigeria after the denial? Normally they will expect you to use the travel budget/expense to travel to another country (Backup) incase of U.S denial.

Thank you very much for your reply! Okay, regards to my question, please which state is known for tourism in America among the ones I stated above?

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
granmurdafucker:

[color=#770077][/color]

Both States are...Florida might cost more expenses than Texas.

Go on Google...it should give you the list of nice tourist places to visit in both States.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by granmurdafucker(f): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Both States are...Florida might cost more expenses than Texas.

Go on Google...it should give you the list of nice tourist places to visit in both States.

Thank you so much, I've checked on google just wanted to hear from horse's mouth! Well done
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ade1toonna: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Good evening house,
Have been a silent follower but I need assistance and guidance, have always loved Miami from seeing it in movies like Calito way,Parker, me and Marley. Just to mention a few .
So have managed to convince hubby to apply for a B1/B2 for family vacation with our 8 months old son he would be older by November when we want to go on the trip also we've not gone on our honeymoon so its more like vacation and honeymoon.
Please am scared of all this refusal, so I need your assistance.
P:S my husband is a 2star officer in the paramilitary while am a private school principal and I also own a boutique..
And a relation is sending a visiting letter
Please all assistance is needed
Also we've never travelled before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
My passport carries my father's name but my husband and son are the same surname, hope no issue since am submitting my marriage certificate.
Thanks �

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2019
granmurdafucker:

Thank you very much for your reply! Okay, regards to my question, please which state is known for tourism in America among the ones I stated above?

[color=#990000][/color]

You have google... Do some research.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Ade1toonna:
Good evening house,
Have been a silent follower but I need assistance and guidance, have always loved Miami from seeing it in movies like Calito way,Parker, me and Marley. Just to mention a few .
So have managed to convince hubby to apply for a B1/B2 for family vacation with our 8 months old son he would be older by November when we want to go on the trip also we've not gone on our honeymoon so its more like vacation and honeymoon.
Please am scared of all this refusal, so I need your assistance.
P:S my husband is a 2star officer in the paramilitary while am a private school principal and I also own a boutique..
And a relation is sending a visiting letter
Please all assistance is needed
Also we've never travelled before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
My passport carries my father's name but my husband and son are the same surname, hope no issue since am submitting my marriage certificate.
Thanks �

Your passport name won't be a problem, I will advise you to make sure you visit another country in case of denial of visa, not saying they will deny you but have a back up plan so that when next you apply for U.S visa it will be easy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obinoscopy(m): 12:26am On Jul 17, 2019
TWoods:

The consular officer was being helpful. If you intend to marry the guy then get a K1 visa, it’s much easier and entitles you to stay in the US for 3 months to get married.
That's not fair because the K1 visa forces them to get married within 3 months. Some people date for years before getting married. K1 visa won't be ideal for such people as it will not allow them date for years. The ideal visa for them will be the visit visa until such a time they are ready to take the next step which will then involve getting the K1 Visa.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Obinoscopy:
That's not fair because the K1 visa forces them to get married within 3 months. Some people date for years before getting married. K1 visa won't be ideal for such people as it will not allow them date for years. The ideal visa for them will be the visit visa until such a time they are ready to take the next step which will then involve getting the K1 Visa.
If they wish to date longer, CO will tell them to see each other in another country or the America citizen moving to live abroad for to be close to his/her date. It is not obligatory to date on US territory. The couple is free to date, so many countries with no visa problem, to live together for years, marry when you want, nobody is forcing you to marry. K1 visa is not forcing, it is the visa for people who already decided to marry and to live in America. Also, you can come on K1 visa, stay 90 days and not marry, going back to your country.

Who is forcing you to marry?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 2:14am On Jul 17, 2019
So basically they are encouraging people to marry for visa/passport, considering there is not written rule that every relationship must end in marriage. That said, it is their country and their prerogative who to give or refuse Visas.

TWoods:

This is not unique to Nigerians. I have seen Europeans and Asians denied entry to the US because they intended to come and spend time with boyfriends/girlfriends. That’s a significant tie to the US that makes it difficult to qualify for a non-immigrant visa that is dependent on you showing you have minimal ties that will keep you in the US. The consular officer was being helpful. If you intend to marry the guy then get a K1 visa, it’s much easier and entitles you to stay in the US for 3 months to get married.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 17, 2019
groovychik:
So basically they are encouraging people to marry for visa/passport, considering there is not written rule that every relationship must end in marriage. That said, it is their country and their prerogative who to give or refuse Visas.
No. Nobody force or encourage you to marry. They basically say if you are not really very serious about the marriage, do not come. And if you have your fiance(e) or date in USA, do not come on a tourist visa because they know the trick, coming as a tourist and then staying marrying your date instead to apply for K1 and wait in line with others.

Simple, if you wish to visit your date, you will not be given visa just because many used the tourist visa for marriage. Go and see each other in any other country and if you decide to marry one day, then apply for fiance(e) or spouse visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obinoscopy(m): 3:07am On Jul 17, 2019
123JohnF:

If they wish to date longer, CO will tell them to see each other in another country or the America citizen moving to live abroad for to be close to his/her date. It is not obligatory to date on US territory. The couple is free to date, so many countries with no visa problem, to live together for years, marry when you want
Well that's an option for them. But K1 visa isn't an option for them since they are still dating.

nobody is forcing you to marry. K1 visa is not forcing, it is the visa for people who already decided to marry and to live in America. Also, you can come on K1 visa, stay 90 days and not marry, going back to your country.

Who is forcing you to marry?
For the VO to deny the visit visa and suggest K1 visa he is "forcing" them to marry. He shouldn't have suggested K1 visa to him or her.

And to the bolded, its not okay to use the K1 visa with the intent of staying in the US for 90 days without getting married and then return back to Nigeria. That will be seen an abuse of the K1 visa and could affect his chances of ever getting any other visa in the States.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:19am On Jul 17, 2019
Obinoscopy:

He is free to find someone else to date from his own country where a visa will not be an issue. He cannot expect to use a visit visa to "date". That's not what it was meant for. If their relationship is serious then they should get a K1 visa, if not, let them find other people to date.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:20am On Jul 17, 2019
groovychik:

That's the simple truth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 17, 2019
TWoods:

He is free to find someone else to date from his own country where a visa will not be an issue. He cannot expect to use a visit visa to "date". That's not what it was meant for. If their relationship is serious then they should get a K1 visa, if not, let them find other people to date.
True. Well said.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 17, 2019
Obinoscopy:
Well that's an option for them. But K1 visa isn't an option for them since they are still dating.

For the VO to deny the visit visa and suggest K1 visa he is "forcing" them to marry. He shouldn't have suggested K1 visa to him or her.
Not true. The tourist visa is NOT for dating.
Obinoscopy:
And to the bolded, its not okay to use the K1 visa with the intent of staying in the US for 90 days without getting married and then return back to Nigeria. That will be seen an abuse of the K1 visa and could affect his chances of ever getting any other visa in the States.
it would foolish to use K1 visa for to stay only because K1 is a long and expensive process. I said nobody is forcing a K1 fiance(e) to marry. Some stay 90 days and don't like what they see going back to their country. It's not a crime not marrying, it is a free will, you marry or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2019
123JohnF:

Not true. The tourist visa is NOT for dating.

it would foolish to use K1 visa for to stay only because K1 is a long and expensive process. I said nobody is forcing a K1 fiance(e) to marry. Some stay 90 days and don't like what they see going back to their country. It's not a crime not marrying, it is a free will, you marry or not.

Do you even know anything about visit visa?

I've seen who applied for US visit visa and the main purpose of the trip is to visit her boyfriend, the invitee clearly wrote it on the invitation letter that he will be responsible for the expenses, thou the lady has a very good tie and travel history.......

Pls stop misleading people, you can apply for a visiting visa to meet your boyfriend /girlfriend....

Why will u apply for k1 visa when u are not even fully ready to marry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Profitboss(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Profitboss(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2019
profjustine458:
Finally Nigerians just realized this embassy's are on our soil to scam us........... The want us to keep applying and the continue to use our money to develop their land.
Imagine having 1200 applicants interviewed daily. 57000×1200
=68,400,000(sixty eight million four hundred thousand)
Everyday!
Then check it monthly
68,400,000×30
=2,052,000,000 (two billion fifty-two million)
Every month!
That's roughly 6million Dollars monthly

Do they interviewed visa applicants every single day of the month ? (remove Sundays, Public Holidays). If the 1,200 interviewed figure is TRUE! Do they truly interviewed 1,200 every day? I doubt, especially not on Saturdays! This is foreign mission {America} and not just any other country! They got bunch of staffs that got paid in dollars, they pay taxes to Govt, they maintain their equipment and space in those choice locations. Above all, they never force anyone to apply for visa, or you think Nigeria don't collect visa fees close to that amount from foreigners?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.