Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (72826 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Job Offer In The UK And Germany, Which One Should I Choose? / Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by greatzema: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2019
Sir please i have searched all the thread on here and its still confusing. I want to know as a ssce holder in Nigeria who wants to study a degree course in Germany. I want to know the cheapest school, all i need to have and can i easily get job and study at the same time. Please help. Considering canada as well.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 11:19am On Apr 07, 2019
greatzema:
Sir please i have searched all the thread on here and its still confusing. I want to know as a ssce holder in Nigeria who wants to study a degree course in Germany. I want to know the cheapest school all i need to have and can i easily get job and study at the same time. Please help. Considering canada as well.

Most German universities are tuition free. Check this thread for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/5042902/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/118

For Canada, check this thread and ask your questions

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Viel Glück smiley
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Sufisunni: 6:14am On Apr 08, 2019
ladymarshall:
Fantastic point.

I live in Germany and I will move to Canada before the end of the year. I am an early career professional. This question must be answered in relation to you, as a migrant, black and African. It has nothing to do with economy. You can live in the best economy in the world and still be poverty-ridden depending on the platforms and opportunities available to you as an individual. Germany is a shithole for black highly skilled professionals, so much institutional racism and stereotyping. You are cannot rise to the peak. As long as you are black, you will have to keep defending your right to live in the country. What about raising black children? Why are most black children pushed into menial and production jobs in Germany? I won't even talk much, if you know, you know. If you are non-ambitious and want to take advantage of their refugee provisions, Germany is best. If you are a professional and want to secure your residency while preserving your respect and dignity as an individual, Canada is best.

Some mention Americans moving to Germany than Canada as proof. See ehn, it is when you live in Germany, you will understand that black African and black American are never the same. Germans worship "native English speakers". As a Nigerian, are you one? Where will you ever belong? No matter how much you learn German and speak it well, you will always be referred to as an "Auslander", even when you carry a German passport. i am not saying Canada is paradise, there is racism everywhere, but in terms of prospects, opportunities, respect and belonging as a black, immigrant, African Professional, Canada is far better. But to each, his/her own.

Below is a screenshot which shows the worst form of discriminations in any developed world happening in Canada. Africa immigrants are the worst paid. I can't imagine that even south and central Americans are better paid than African immigrants. Canadians want only USA and Europeans citizens. My question, where is the equality we are being told exist in Canada? Or it only exist on paper and media in order to bring in university educated African immigrants to work in production and hard labour.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/immigrant-wages-canada-1.4421783

Skilled immigrants wasting their talents in Canada.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/national/skilled-immigrants-wasting-their-talents-in-canada
Educated immigrants stuck in survival jobs. An immigrant professor with degree from University of Minnesota working as a security guard. A report "the unemployment rate for these immigrants was four times that of similarly educated Canadian-born residents"
https://www.straight.com/article-213260/educated-immigrants-stuck-survival-jobs
What about second and third generation black Canadians. Black Canadians both educated and uneducated have double or more unemployment rate as compared to white Canadians.
Do Black Canadians Deserve to Earn 10-15% Less Than White Canadians?
http://lawofwork.ca/?p=2902

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by ladymarshall: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
I already know about the Canada experience requirement and have my strategy to get it. You think I would be planning to move without doing indepth research. The beauty of migration is once you start, you build skills specifically tailored to your success as a migrant and research is one of them. Germany's experience requirement is even worse. In Germany, you cannot work in a field where you did not study, In Canada, you can, Canada is much more flexible. In Germany, no matter your previous years of experience, werkstudent and internships are the best ways to get in, Canada is more flexible for non-regulated and non-licensed professions. Oh and the sweet PPR? Will Germany give you PR on landing? Do you know what your fellow compatriots have done to get German PR? You must always think of integration as a migrant when topics like this come up, in relation to you, which is easier? What about financially? Which gives the smartest return on investment? Add 2000 euros to the 8700 euros you need for Germany temporary residency for one year and you will buy Canada's permanent residency, ending the residency renewal torture once and for all. Canada is the best deal ever right now for smooth integration for immigrants.

Btw, I notice most of you here reside in Germany or Nigeria and will do anything to defend these countries and demonize Canada, lol. We who know, know.

Babyvet:

I agree with you. When she gets to Canada she will learn about the Canadian experience requirement for jobs . That to me is another form of discrimination. The article below talks about incomes for Canadian immigrants from different part of the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4421783

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by ladymarshall: 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you for the informed post. There is discrimination everywhere even in your beloved country Nigeria. Now add the language challenge, "nativity" burden, "integration and refugee" burden and watch that number increase drastically for Africans in Germany. Need I mention the school system that is strategically designed to throw children of immigrants into special schools? Calculate the number of years you will use to slave for PR in Germany, something you get on landing in Canny. It is also a fact that African migrants in Germany fare much better than the German-born Africans. No need to argue too much. Give me PR on landing and let me hustle the rest in the language of my comfort, Canada, anyday. Migration is a very personal journey. If Germany works for you, great; if Canada works for you, great, do you.

In addition, if you are well informed about race relations, you would know that whites in any society fare much better than the blacks, even in Nigeria. Both races cannot even be compared. Perhaps it will be smarter to compare the statistic of black African-born well paid professionals in Germany and Canada. You and I know, the numbers in Canada are far higher. Is it any better in Germany? It is even worse, because you are not just black, you are African and you would always have to fight the refugee narrative so dominant in Germany. Nein, danke.

Btw, remember to add the numerous success stories too in your statistics.

Sufisunni:
Below is a screenshot which shows the worst form of discriminations in any developed world happening in Canada. Africa immigrants are the worst paid. I can't imagine that even south and central Americans are better paid than African immigrants. Canadians want only USA and Europeans citizens. My question, where is the equality we are being told exist in Canada? Or it only exist on paper and media in order to bring in university educated African immigrants to work in production and hard labour.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/immigrant-wages-canada-1.4421783

Skilled immigrants wasting their talents in Canada.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/national/skilled-immigrants-wasting-their-talents-in-canada
Educated immigrants stuck in survival jobs. An immigrant professor with degree from University of Minnesota working as a security guard. A report "the unemployment rate for these immigrants was four times that of similarly educated Canadian-born residents"
https://www.straight.com/article-213260/educated-immigrants-stuck-survival-jobs
What about second and third generation black Canadians. Black Canadians both educated and uneducated have double or more unemployment rate as compared to white Canadians.
Do Black Canadians Deserve to Earn 10-15% Less Than White Canadians?
http://lawofwork.ca/?p=2902

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Babyvet: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
ladymarshall:
I already know about the Canada experience requirement and have my strategy to get it. You think I would be planning to move without doing indepth research. The beauty of migration is once you start, you build skills specifically tailored to your success as a migrant and research is one of them. Germany's experience requirement is even worse. In Germany, you cannot work in a field where you did not study, In Canada, you can, Canada is much more flexible. In Germany, no matter your previous years of experience, werkstudent and internships are the best ways to get in, Canada is more flexible for non-regulated and non-licensed professions. Oh and the sweet PPR? Will Germany give you PR on landing? Do you know what your fellow compatriots have done to get German PR? You must always think of integration as a migrant when topics like this come up, in relation to you, which is easier? What about financially? Which gives the smartest return on investment? Add 2000 euros to the 8700 euros you need for Germany temporary residency for one year and you will buy Canada's permanent residency, ending the residency renewal torture once and for all. Canada is the best deal ever right now for smooth integration for immigrants.

Btw, I notice most of you here reside in Germany or Nigeria and will do anything to defend these countries and demonize Canada, lol. We who know, know.

I do not live in Nigeria or Germany . Be decieving yourself , na empty barrels make the loudest noise. Where in my post did I defend Germany or Nigeria? You better learn how to read and comphrened, before you comment . Go to your Canada , they are looking for African immigrants to use.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
ottersberger:
Parallel to the above observation ought to beg the question.

If we have state police in Nigeria, how many police officers from Ịzọn, Hausa or Igede ethnic groups will we find in Osun state police service, and how many police officers from Yoruba, Jukun or Gwari ethnic groups will be recruited by Enugu state police service?.

Una go leave the log wey don decay inside una eye dey find speck wey never even reach una neighbor's eye.

I think in this context we are talking about Race as per the colour of one's skin!
Germany as a society I don't believe is opened up enough as other western countries,I reckon it is going to take a bit longer, Do no 4get going to look for a job and moving over cos you got a job are two different things.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hadampson:

Most German universities are tuition free. Check this thread for more information.

https://www.nairaland.com/5042902/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/118

For Canada, check this thread and ask your questions

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Viel Glück smiley
it looks good on paper, ask those who are there, please.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by hammed71(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
I think its depends on what you like, if you like Germany go , if you love Canada go, if you love usa go.me I prefer usa.it is the country that works for you that you migrate to.even some Nigerians are in china.But guys let's migrate legally, Permanent residence is the key

3 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Ugosample(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
hammed71:
I think its depends on what you like, if you like Germany go , if you love Canada go, if you love usa go.me I prefer usa.it is the country that works for you that you migrate to.even some Nigerians are in china.But guys let's migrate legally, Permanent residence is the key

You have said it all
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by JennyKadry2: 12:22am On Apr 09, 2019
chigo4u:

I read this thread thinking you’ll highlight the issues an average Nigerian immigrant wants to know that is:

Which of those countries is favorable to immigrants
Where can an immigrant settle down easily
Where will one get jobs easier to support himself
Where is an immigrant likely to earn more money
Which of them has lesser racism
Which has better security
Weather

Etc
These are what I thought you will highlight not military, economy etc. nice thread though

Now this is what I am talking about.

I have not lived in Canada(though considering it) but I have lived in Germany. I have been told that Canada is kinda similar to the country I live in, so bear in mind that my opinion of Canada might not be accurate

1. Germany was not favourable to me. As a professional, I couldn't climb up the ladder because of my skin color. I always felt caged...like I shouldn't be where I was. So I left. I am a career hustler not business hustler, so it was a struggle. But there are a lot of business minded Nigerians in Germany who are doing very well for themselves.

2. If you have the choice of Canada's skilled migration, I would strongly advise you go for it. It is so much better. There are a lot of German backpackers in Australia who are fighting not to go back to Germany. Having a PR gives one peace of mind. Canada has made that possible. There is that peace of mind of not worrying how to go from a work visa/permit to PR...what if the law changes before your time and stuff things up for you?

3. Finding a menial job was a challenge in Germany. I finally found one in a warehouse that paid sh!t money.

4. I think Canada. I had a nurse friend in Germany who moved to Canada and told me, after a few years when we reconnected, that she earned twice as much in Canada than she did in Germany. Health workers during my time were not paid well in Germany...I don't know about other fields.

5. Racism: I can only speak to Germany. The racism I experienced there was bad. I remember being on a train once and over heard two Germans talking and one of them said "Ich hasse diese Schwartzen" (I hate these blacks). I have never experienced that kind of racism anywhere else. I have friends in Canada who are managers/supervisors in their various fields. Things are mostly done by merit in Canada...I think. I don't know how many years a black man can work in Germany before being made Manager over them Germans

6. Security: I can't answer that one...but from the news and as long as Angela Merkel continues to let all them insane immigrants in, Germany is in trouble....but recently a colleague who has Canadian PR, recently returned from a trip and told me that there is so much violence in Canada that we on the other side of the world do not get hear about. She said there was always one stabbing or the other in Canada...don't know how true that is

7. Weather: Germany has the better weather most definitely grin

I will never live in Germany again...It did not work for me but hey it might work for you

All in all..... it is important we all migrate legally

14 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 9:17am On Apr 09, 2019
erico2k2:

it looks good on paper, ask those who are there, please.

Don't get what you saying boss
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by tiwasiaife(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
JennyKadry2:

I have not lived in Canada(though considering it) but I have lived in Germany. I have been told that Canada is kinda similar to the country I live in, so bear in mind that my opinion of Canada might not be accurate

1. Germany was not favourable to me. As a professional, I couldn't climb up the ladder because of my skin color. I always felt caged...like I shouldn't be where I was. So I left. I am a career hustler not business hustler, so it was a struggle. But there are a lot of business minded Nigerians in Germany who are doing very well for themselves.

2. If you have the choice of Canada's skilled migration, I would strongly advise you go for it. It is so much better. There are a lot of German backpackers in Australia who are fighting not to go back to Germany. Having a PR gives one peace of mind. Canada has made that possible. There is that peace of mind of not worrying how to go from a work visa/permit to PR...what if the law changes before your time and stuff things up for you?

3. Finding a menial job was a challenge in Germany. I finally found one in a warehouse that paid sh!t money.

4. I think Canada. I had a nurse friend in Germany who moved to Canada and told me, after a few years when we reconnected, that she earned twice as much in Canada than she did in Germany. Health workers during my time were not paid well in Germany...I don't know about other fields.

5. Racism: I can only speak to Germany. The racism I experienced there was bad. I remember being on a train once and over heard two Germans talking and one of them said "Ich hasse diese Schwartzen" (I hate these blacks). I have never experienced that kind of racism anywhere else. I have friends in Canada who are managers/supervisors in their various fields. Things are mostly done by merit in Canada...I think. I don't know how many years a black man can work in Germany before being made Manager over them Germans

6. Security: I can't answer that one...but from the news and as long as Angela Merkel continues to let all them insane immigrants in, Germany is in trouble....but recently a colleague who has Canadian PR, recently returned from a trip and told me that there is so much violence in Canada that we on the other side of the world do not get hear about. She said there was always one stabbing or the other in Canada...don't know how true that is

I will never live in Germany again...It did not work for me but hey it might work for you

Danke mien fruend

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by jj17cv(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Even German ppl dey Fight for PR
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Beautyaddy: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
With all said and done with the comparison of both these countries...Germany is Not an Immigrant country but Canada is an Immigrant country.

So yes, Canada will always favor immigrants while Germany will not.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by chigo4u: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
JennyKadry2:

wow this is great information. All I needed to know. Thanks. I see a lot of Nigerian folks in Germany are looking to move Canada but folks are just saying Germany because of bigger economy.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by monique2002(f): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
I personally think one of the obstacles we Nigerians commonize is learning Deutsche. Depending on your career field, you need to be fluent! before thinking of ways to advance your career in Germany.
I know friends in Germany that studied in the IT field, engineering and were able to get a job in their field. I also know of friends who struggled to get cleaning jobs and it was war (me inclusive).
After living in Germany for 5 years, i adviced myself to move. Less than a year in Canada, i was able to get a federal government job in an organisation equivalent to German Finanzamt.
So, i think deciding to move to Germany should be dependent on your career path. Those in the IT and engineering field will have a better chance as it is in demand. Also if you are into research too i think. Anything else, please just go to study for the cheap education and move somewhere else to practice.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Ajibolaoi: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2019
Please how easy to move from Germany to Canada or US?

All in all..... it is important we all migrate legally[/quote]
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Ajibolaoi: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2019
Pls my good People.... How easy to migrate from Germany to Canada.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
ladymarshall:
Thank you for the informed post. There is discrimination everywhere even in your beloved country Nigeria. Now add the language challenge, "nativity" burden, "integration and refugee" burden and watch that number increase drastically for Africans in Germany. Need I mention the school system that is strategically designed to throw children of immigrants into special schools? Calculate the number of years you will use to slave for PR in Germany, something you get on landing in Canny. It is also a fact that African migrants in Germany fare much better than the German-born Africans. No need to argue too much. Give me PR on landing and let me hustle the rest in the language of my comfort, Canada, anyday. Migration is a very personal journey. If Germany works for you, great; if Canada works for you, great, do you.

In addition, if you are well informed about race relations, you would know that whites in any society fare much better than the blacks, even in Nigeria. Both races cannot even be compared. Perhaps it will be smarter to compare the statistic of black African-born well paid professionals in Germany and Canada. You and I know, the numbers in Canada are far higher. Is it any better in Germany? It is even worse, because you are not just black, you are African and you would always have to fight the refugee narrative so dominant in Germany. Nein, danke.

Btw, remember to add the numerous success stories too in your statistics.

Life is all about ups and down. Nigeria has alot of negativities, yet we are surviving. Likewise in every other country. The key to surviving in Germany is the language, coupled with the energy to work and study at the same time. I believe he should have balanced the write-ups with some other advantages. You cant just come and paint the whole country as if people are not making it there. Life is not fair to everybody. You may be in a city/town where economics activities are not taking place. but some other cities are bubbling. In as much I respect your advice, you went too deep about painting the economics aspect..

If its gonna cost me to sell properties to get to my destination, am gonna do just that. The hustling spirit never give up. I can authoritatively tell you a whole lots of students borrowed money, got loans to achieve the German dreams and they still got high hopes.

I have always been positive, determined, aggressive, with the "CAN-DO" ability. As for me, I will choose Germany over alot of developed countries without thinking twice..

A Negative Thinker Sees A Difficulty In Every Opportunity.......A Positive Thinker Sees An Opportunity In Every Difficulty BY dolpaz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Suspect33(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cletus77:
I love Germany, but most people prefer Canada because they speak English and French, the two European dominant languages in Africa.

Although German is quite close to English and Germany makes provision for language learning for immigrants, staying in Canada is like staying in the US but lesser laws.

Don't be decieved by size, most parts of Canada are either sparsely or unhabitable, that's why its are not that populated. Climate conditions are favourable in the European power than Canada.

Ich Liebe Deutschland (I love Germany), but I think Canada is good for starters
when it comes to getting pr, which country issues faster
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Cletus77(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
Suspect33:
when it comes to getting pr, which country issues faster

Canada
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 11:54am On May 05, 2019
Babyvet:

I do not live in Nigeria or Germany . Be decieving yourself , na empty barrels make the loudest noise. Where in my post did I defend Germany or Nigeria? You better learn how to read and comphrened, before you comment . Go to your Canada , they are looking for African immigrants to use.
no need to be abusive
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Babyvet: 11:38pm On May 05, 2019
wildikeman:
no need to be abusive

Abeg shut your ignorant ass up

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 11:43pm On May 05, 2019
Babyvet:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 11:50pm On May 05, 2019
Babyvet:

hahahahahh... Wirklich!!!!!!! Dein mutter und Vater seid Schweine.
You are one hateful and embittered i.mbecile
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Babyvet: 5:57am On May 06, 2019
wildikeman:
hahahahahh... Wirklich!!!!!!! Dein mutter und Vater seid Schweine.
You are one hateful and embittered i.mbecile

Shut up you wretched bastard

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 9:09am On May 06, 2019
Babyvet:
To his mother.

Shut up you wretched bastard

May Ur creator cure you from you miserable life... Bloody paupery peasant
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 06, 2019
Any Helmut Schmidt past scholar here?
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 06, 2019
willy2000:

You are right with the grading system, I particularly find it annoying. How can you give someone with 70% grade a 3.0? That is more or less an A.
And I can tell you, as an African, you just have to work hard to earn those grades, since some exams are usually oral. ( if you used to la cream la pour), this is a whole new challenge.
Are you saying that their education system is more strict than the Nigerian Education system? How easy is it to get an A? Have you studied in Germany before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. / Inside US Supersonic Presidential Jet That Could Fly Twice Speed Of Sound (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.