Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,766 members, 7,798,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (72740 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Job Offer In The UK And Germany, Which One Should I Choose? / Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
erico2k2:

How??

Economy

Close proximity

Free education

Large market

Freedom of movement of work

Cultural exposure

German passport is stronger than Canadian passport

Weather

There are many things bro as to why Germany is better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
ubongga:

him just ask 4 which country is good 2 travel to and not all ds history wey u dey talk...

Okay sir
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by salford: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Boxing, football, music. Book is overrated abeg. How many PhD holders get between $15m - $200m in less than 2 hours to punch someone, how many educationalists get paid a contract of £120k/wk to kick a ball around for around 1hr 30mins or less. How many professors can afford to buy a Bugatti Veyron, McLaren, Lamborghini etc anytime they like. Education is just another matrix system to keep the masses in the pockets of the rich, the engine room to help keep the rich getting richer, while they pay you peanuts. This is 2019, education is an option, not the ultimate grin.
While sport people and entertainers are absolute exceptions. Education can be very overrrated. Canada is a very good case study. Canada is more of what you have to offer not how many academic qualifications you have.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Boxing, football, music. Book is overrated abeg. How many PhD holders get between $15m - $200m in less than 2 hours to punch someone, how many educationalists get paid a contract of £120k/wk to kick a ball around for around 1hr 30mins or less. How many professors can afford to buy a Bugatti Veyron, McLaren, Lamborghini etc anytime they like. Education is just another matrix system to keep the masses in the pockets of the rich, the engine room to help keep the rich getting richer, while they pay you peanuts. This is 2019, education is an option, not the ultimate grin.
If Education is not the key to actualisation please, by all means, what is it then? mind you going to school and having a PhD does not necessarily translate into education! The great scientist of our time never hard any form of PHD so to speak!

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

From research, i learnt that majority of Americans that visit Germany usually stay back.

Yes, you are right. Schneider for example cheesy

But is Schneider Holland or American?

Or another one

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Sufisunni:
on the contrary, German educational system is some how discriminatory and tough especially for those coming from Ox/Cambridge grading system. Germany separates children as early as 10years old into Hauptschule, Realschule and Gynamsium.

Despite free education, Germany has the lowest number of graduates among G8 nations. One in every 3 abandons studies between 1 to 2 years in the University

The bottomline is, German educational sytem makes an average student struggles to pass

It depends on the city you choose to study.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by ThothHermes: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ugosample:

maybe never
Africans have chosen to remain foolish
Are you not an African?
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
salford:

While sport people and entertainers are absolute exceptions. Education can be very overrrated. Canada is a very good case study. Canada is more of what you have to offer not how many academic qualifications you have.
Please tell me what you are going to do in Canada if you do not have any form of a certificate/Training.I want to know please

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
EvilMetahuman:
my fiance is german.

she even complains and wants to move to England or new zealand permanently.

Some Americans are moving to Germany... Does that mean USA is not good for living... Individual differences

3 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Sterope(f): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hollywood is to be blamed. The only good thing America has to offer tongue
greenprince:

I am a witness to this fact. Was shocked during my visit there. The old woman in the Rossmann store around a small street in Alexanderplatz spoke clean English and shocked me while I was still fiddling with my Google translate cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2019
newproject:
Nigeria Is Best

Yes, for nairaland

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
highchiefpee:
How's Canada ahead of Germany....

Good question smiley
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Beautyaddy: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
salford:

Hmmm...I would think that having the right type of degrees added with its experience should give one a better edge over the one with just experience without education.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

Economy

Close proximity

Free education

Large market

Freedom of movement of work

Cultural exposure

German passport is stronger than Canadian passport

Weather

There are many things bro as to why Germany is better
Economy that in the EU only
Large market, again that's in the EU
Close prox to where? Canada has close prox to the US
Freedom of movement to where?? to the less privileged countries around it??
German passport is not stronger cos once U have it you give up ur 9 ja, meaning U take visa each time. plus has value in the EU only, don't get it twisted.
Weather, Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by EvilMetahuman: 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

Some Americans are moving to Germany... Does that mean USA is not good for living... Individual differences

the whole comparison is based on preferences.
there are certain areas both countries trounce each other.

and my personal preference is canada.
germany is shit compared to canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
bizhop01:

No man, but I have relatives in Germany

Go and experience what it feels like to be in the KING OF EUROPE smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Beautyaddy: 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

From research, i learnt that majority of Americans that visit Germany usually stay back.

Yes, you are right. Schneider for example cheesy

Yes, I learnt that too.

A number of the US troops who were stationed for a while to Germany found it difficult to return back to the US...lol!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by greenprince(m): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
Sterope:
Hollywood is to be blamed. The only good thing America has to offer tongue

cheesy cheesy
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Jaqenhghar: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
For Niggerians who are used to living like animals without rules Germany is a no no. Most of y'all wont last a week there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by MobilityExpress: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
erico2k2:

If Education is not the key to actualisation please, by all means, what is it then? mind you going to school and having a PhD does not necessarily translate into education! The great scientist of our time never hard any form of PHD so to speak!

Skill and talent it is. And by education, my context was based on certification. In the past, they programmed the society to believe that without certification you can't amount to anything in life. But today, that mold is breaking and not holding water. How many footballers earning tens of millions of pounds per year went to school, let alone have any certification. So certification no longer is the ONLY way to get rich. There are other ways. I'm not saying certification is bad or not necessary. I'm just saying, it's not a do or die affair like they always made us believe. Before, how many parents will want their child to enrol in a football academy? 98% want their children to be doctors, lawyers and engineers. But today, it's not like that. Before, it's mostly poor man's children going into music, but today even the rich kids are trooping into it. So my point is, education is no longer the only SURE way to get rich.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by bennyflipy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
Just here in time oh
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by olas24u(f): 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Btruth:
truly, if not for the language barrier, Germany would have been the best to stay out of the 2 countries. Though, Canada is bigger in size, but you cannot compare the technology in Germany to Canada. As for the UK to be compared to Germany, it's like comparing Lagos to Abeokuta. UK cannot even stand side by side with France, not to talk of Germany. If I decided again to relocate to another country, it will definitely be GERMANY.
Funny
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Beautyaddy: 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2019
erico2k2:

Economy that in the EU only
Large market, again that's in the EU
Close prox to where? Canada has close prox to the US
Freedom of movement to where?? to the less privileged countries around it??
German passport is not stronger cos once U have it you give up ur 9 ja, meaning U take visa each time. plus has value in the EU only, don't get it twisted.
Weather, Seriously?

That's not true.

Germany weather is warmer overall than Canada.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:40pm On Mar 27, 2019
erico2k2:

Ok I would like to think we are having an adult conversation stemming from 1st hand experience.Let me ask you again how long do you think a person who comes from Nigeria will take to learn how to speak and write in Dutch to the level of starting O'level before University in Germany??

Deutsch smiley

Well, it depends on the individual involved. German language has level ranging from A1 to C1.

If you are very determined, you can move to A2 within three months at worst.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Skill and talent it is. And by education, my context was based on certification. In the past, they programmed the society to believe that without certification you can't amount to anything in life. But today, that mold is breaking and not holding water. How many footballers earning tens of millions of pounds per year went to school, let alone have any certification. So certification no longer is the ONLY way to get rich. There are other ways. I'm not saying certification is bad or not necessary. I'm just saying, it's not a do or die affair like they always made us believe. Before, how many parents will want their child to enrol in a football academy? 98% want their children to be doctors, lawyers and engineers. But today, it's not like that. Before, it's mostly poor man's children going into music, but today even the rich kids are trooping into it. So my point is, education is no longer the only SURE way to get rich.
You still do not get it, do you? the issue of the certificate was the only way was limited to Nigerians and Africans only, this was never the case in the Developed countries of the world. Once again I will steer you to my initial narrative. Talent is what you get as humans, you or someone else needs to discover it, you cant learn it rather you can develop it. Education, on the other hand, is what you must learn you having a certificate or not is another ball game. And let me ask you, do you know the numbers of courses and training footballer undertake

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by nkhay(f): 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Btruth:
truly, if not for the language barrier, Germany would have been the best to stay out of the 2 countries. Though, Canada is bigger in size, but you cannot compare the technology in Germany to Canada. As for the UK to be compared to Germany, it's like comparing Lagos to Abeokuta. UK cannot even stand side by side with France, not to talk of Germany. If I decided again to relocate to another country, it will definitely be GERMANY.

Someone told me this as well... He said Germany and UK are not on the same level smiley
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
tiptoe1:
Germany, economic powerhouse of Europe. Well both countries have their pros and cons. for example, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship whereby Canada allows that and also you can easily get your PR in Canada compared to Germany.

But I still pick Germany.

Hadampson and Germany is just like Mr Bean and his Teddy bear. Unconditional love grin grin grin

Germany allows dual citizenship on certain circumstances. One of such is if it’s difficult to renounce your old citizenship. I hope you’re aware that it’s very difficult to renounce Nigerian citizenship? Many Nigerians here have both Deutsche and Nigerian citizenship.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hadampson:

Deutsch smiley

Well, it depends on the individual involved. German language has level ranging from A1 to C1.

If you are very determined, you can move to A2 within three months at worst.
I'm not into the German language, would you say A2 level will allow you to pass the entrance to do a Diploma equivalent?
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by cooltola(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Canada is better, because most Nigerian know English. Not many will find speaking German easy
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by erico2k2(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Kkshanana90:

Germany allows dual citizenship on certain circumstances. One of such is if it’s difficult to renounce your old citizenship. I hope you’re aware that it’s very difficult to renounce Nigerian citizenship? Many Nigerians here have both Deutsche and Nigerian citizenship.
Yes , but Nigeria do not fall amongst one of them countries where it is hard, 9ja no care seff

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Huge Rock In Saudi Arabia Looks Like It Was Cut In Half With Laser Beam(Pics) / Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) / China Constructs World's Longest Glass Walkway On A Mountain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.