Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:46 PM

Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? (72496 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Job Offer In The UK And Germany, Which One Should I Choose? / Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

It's possible because Dutch is one of the Germanic languages

I know he is a Dutch plater who played at Hamburg in German

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Kfed4ril(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Wow.. In Germany, i don't think there is something like student debt since education is free

Is it also free for international students?
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by K9blunt(f): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2019
ottersberger:

Your contribution on this discussion subject is quite illitrate.
I said I learnt...you could then enlighten me without insult as I have never been there...try as much as possible to contribute to something without insulting people Mr know it all.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by K9blunt(f): 7:41am On Mar 28, 2019
ottersberger:

and I stand by what I said... Germany is quite racist...go to Leipzig or any eastern part and settle. I bet you haven't even been there.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Jamestown123: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Amen cheesy
You didn't talk about wages, Employement and high form of racism.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2019
ottersberger:

if it is then just correct the person.. You dont have to be stupidily uppity in your response. I don't even know if you are German coz of your name. But correct the person.. Simple or just walk away.. Racists

3 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Is it also free for international students?

Yes, education is free for international students. You only need to open a block account and fund it with some money.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Kfed4ril(m): 7:57am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Yes, education is free for international students. You only need to open a block account and fund it with some money.

Ok
Like how much ?
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 7:58am On Mar 28, 2019
Jamestown123:
You didn't talk about wages, Employement and high form of racism.

Would talk about that another day. This thread has been hijacked by Canada and Germany lovers. I don't want to compare the countries together. Just to point out the similarities and differences between them but the purpose of creating the thread has changed to Canada vs Germany
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Ok
Like how much ?

€8640
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 8:00am On Mar 28, 2019
Chriswazo:
bro if not for language, Germany beats Canada hands down.
how.. Canada you can easily settle. And germans are even leaving to Canada. The German language is even easy to learn.. Believe me.. Easier than french
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Kfed4ril(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

€8640

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 8:05am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Du hast recht cheesy

What about neo Nazi and in shot racism
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Dino98: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

How

What are the job opportunities in Germany for immigrants

And by the way Cab and Security ain't the only work available in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by abnot: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2019
Sarang:

And the attitude. Who wants to live in a place where you are always reminded of your race!

It’s the same in every western nation. Preference to the native white over all . Except you got something exceptional to offer . Not been to Canada but witnessed the trend in east coast US and England. Tolerance is better in US though but overall no where is easy. The problems we have in Africa is different from the problems that will be encountered in the west (as an African ) but then challenges are challenges no matter how it presents itself.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by naijaobi(m): 8:27am On Mar 28, 2019
tiptoe1:
Germany, economic powerhouse of Europe. Well both countries have their pros and cons. for example, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship whereby Canada allows that and also you can easily get your PR in Canada compared to Germany.

But I still pick Germany.

Hadampson and Germany is just like Mr Bean and his Teddy bear. Unconditional love grin grin grin

This is not true
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Greatfullheart: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2019
I Love Canada... For Me It's Better than Germany

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Unlimited22: 8:33am On Mar 28, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Special instances ...like what and what?
See these.

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by naijaobi(m): 8:34am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Not everywhere in Germany tho and not every course
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 8:45am On Mar 28, 2019
erico2k2:

Ok I would like to think we are having an adult conversation stemming from 1st hand experience.Let me ask you again how long do you think a person who comes from Nigeria will take to learn how to speak and write in Dutch to the level of starting O'level before University in Germany??
its very easy to learno.. I have never beeen to any country outside naija anf i understand some German through the use of an app called Duolingo... Very easy.. Just sime pronounciations are difficult... All those dia ich dich and the rest. It should take you at least six months if youbare seriously trying to learn

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Cletus77(m): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2019
ElFabchuks:
Lmao.. German is nothing like English.. I repeat Nothing. Forget the very few german words you see that makes it appear so, don't start the learning the language with that mindset cuz you'll quit. Even other Europeans attest to that.
Lol grin
Check the translations..it's similar
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Cletus77(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2019
K9blunt:

I learnt Germans are pure racists and the fear that another third Reich may start and they will soon start rounding up Jews and coloured is a problem. Canada the land of settlers and no mans country is better.
I love Germany..but Canada is a way more preferable

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Sufisunni: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2019
erico2k2:

ahah Appart from the Netherland and Sweden the rest are less privileged, have U been to France lately?
Quite unfortunate of you saying that Switzerland, Belgium, Finnland, Denmark and Austria are less privileged! have you bothered checking at the per capita GDP of these countries standard of living, life expectancy, cost of living, monthly income of their graduates? etc.
Or you only believe on the narratives being churned out to you by British people(media), whom don't even know what they want because they couldn't agree yesterday on any of the eight alternatives(proposed by themselves) of Brexit deal and same people had earlier on rejected May's deal, coming closest of all was a second referendum! I am forced to agree with Fareed Zakari of CNN quote "Brexit a solution in search of problem" The lies that Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage told brexiteers can't not longer stand.

Germany has many advantages over the UK; education is absolutely free without paying outrageous tuitions for years and upon graduation, an average German graduate earns 6k€ to 9k€ more than a UK garduate. Foreign students get 18 months visa to search for jobs, while in the UK one gets only 4months after graduation in spite of paying through your nose to study there.

Are you aware that Germany has the most livable cities world, Munich topping the whole world. Germany has four cities among the first top 20. Munich, Berlin, Hamburg and Düsseldorf. None of the Uk cities features in the first 20 including your London. https://www.forbes.com/sites/bishopjordan/2018/06/25/monocle-most-livable-city-quality-life-survey-2018-munich/#28451be56153

Every country has its high and low sides and every body can't be in the UK. You should ask yourself what are some USA citizens doing in Germany, even people from Carlifornia, which is perhaps the richest state in the world!
It's obvious as a Nigerian, one would find it easier to settle in the UK than Germany because of language barrier, but that is also not insurmountable with dedication and commitment to learning the language. Lastweek I read an article in dailytrust about the first qualified female surgeon in northern Nigeria, Dr Uwatu Balla from Adamawa State, who studied in Germany with same Deutsch as medium of instruction.

9 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Unlimited22: 8:57am On Mar 28, 2019
naijaobi:

This is not true
It is partially true.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by naijaobi(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2019
wildikeman:
its very easy to learno.. I have never beeen to any country outside naija anf i understand some German through the use of an app called Duolingo... Very easy.. Just sime pronounciations are difficult... All those dia ich dich and the rest. It should take you at least six months if youbare seriously trying to learn

Lmaoooo... lwkmd...Bro no dey deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by naijaobi(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2019
Unlimited22:

It is partially true.
Lol.. there's nothing like partially true.. It's either true or not.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 9:00am On Mar 28, 2019
Kkshanana90:

Germany allows dual citizenship on certain circumstances. One of such is if it’s difficult to renounce your old citizenship. I hope you’re aware that it’s very difficult to renounce Nigerian citizenship? Many Nigerians here have both Deutsche and Nigerian citizenship.
I can renounce my Nigerian citizenship o... I renounce it a hundred times....
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2019
naijaobi:

Lmaoooo... lwkmd...Bro no dey deceive yourself.
i sabi oo... Ash ash asg adh eine ash.. Ich liebe Deutschland.... U wan try.
Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 9:09am On Mar 28, 2019
wildikeman:

What about neo Nazi and in shot racism

Tell me a country where you won't see a racist. No country is free from racism bro

People are doing quite well in Germany. Racism or no racism, what matters most is achieving your goals. So, focus on your goals and stop worrying yourself over nothing

2 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Hadampson(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2019
Dino98:

What are the job opportunities in Germany for immigrants

And by the way Cab and Security ain't the only work available in Canada.

That depends on the course you studied in school. If you study fine arts, just carry your load comot sharperly cos the chance of securing a job is very slim. Even in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by wildikeman(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Tell me a country where you won't see a racist. No country is free from racism bro

People are doing quite well in Germany. Racism or no racism, what matters most is achieving your goals. So, focus on your goals and stop worrying yourself over nothing
danke mein fruend.

1 Like

Re: Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? by Dino98: 9:17am On Mar 28, 2019
Hadampson:

That depends on the course you studied in school. If you study fine arts, just carry your load comot sharperly cos the chance of securing a job is very slim. Even in Canada.

LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. / Spain Schengen Visa / Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.