Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,686 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America (9352 Views)

Spiritual Implications Of Masturbation: My 24 Years As An Addict / Prophecy Says Trump Will Be Baptized In Holy Spirit, Build The Wall And Win 2020 / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrPresident1:
I know say you will jump on that one, abi wetin consign you there, are you from America? grin

Are you from America? Wetin concern you about wall in America? Does one have to be from America to know about America?

America is not some backward nation. No American president can act like a despot and suspend the Constitution of America. Provide evidence if you claim otherwise!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
Alaye, America is God's own country that needs a wall to protect itself. We are discussing Bible prophecy here; Adam (Government), Eve (the people) lost the presence of God and covered themselves with leaves shocked

Buda for eartum, are you from America? grin cheesy wink

budaatum:

Are you from America? Wetin concern you about wall in America? Does one have to be from America to know about America?

America is not some backward nation. No American president can act like a despot and suspend the Constitution of America. Provide evidence if you claim otherwise!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrPresident1:
Alaye, America is God's own country that needs a wall to protect itself. We are discussing Bible prophecy here; Adam (Government), Eve (the people) lost the presence of God and covered themselves with leaves shocked

Buda for eartum, are you from America? grin cheesy wink
Are you yourself from America? Does one have to be from America to discuss America?

God's countries don't need walls for protection. They have Jesus Christ protecting them from evil, or at the very least, a rod and a staff, and Trump's fear is an indication of his own personal lackings and fear!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
We are all Romans grin

Acts 22:27
Then the chief captain came, and said unto him, Tell me, art thou a Roman? He said, Yea.

budaatum:

Are you yourself from America? Does one have to be from America to discuss America?

God's countries don't need walls for protection. They have Jesus Christ protecting them from evil, or at the very least, a rod and a staff, and Trump's fear is an indication of his own personal lackings and fear!

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrPresident1:
We are all Romans grin

Acts 22:27
Then the chief captain came, and said unto him, Tell me, art thou a Roman? He said, Yea.

Sounds like your claim was that I was not Roman.
Do make up your mind!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
We are all Romans o, Buda for eartum grin grin grin

budaatum:

Sounds like your claim was that I was not Roman.
Do make up your mind!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
26th, you said. E soon come.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buda for eartum, I did not write the 26th, it is one newspaper like that that wrote 26th. Read it here

All I know and am sure about is that your sorry grin America's fiscal year will end on the 30th of September grin

budaatum:
26th, you said. E soon come.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrPresident1:
Buda for eartum, I did not write the 26th, it is one newspaper like that that wrote 26th. Read it here

All I know and am sure about is that your sorry grin America's fiscal year will end on the 30th of September grin

Just goes to show that the Justice Department is subject to the Supreme Court, the ultimate upholders of the Constitution.

Anyway, 26th is the end of this week. We haven't too long to wait, and I'm sure you'd be posting here to remind me.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Just follow the thread, you will see the updates.

budaatum:

Just goes to show that the Justice Department is subject to the Supreme Court, the ultimate upholders of the Constitution.

Anyway, 26th is the end of this week. We haven't too long to wait, and I'm sure you'd be posting here to remind me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2019
Trump has not built a single mile of new border fence after 30 months in office
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

SAN DIEGO, California — The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a “big beautiful wall.”

In a statement last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the federal agency overseeing border barrier construction, confirmed that all the fencing completed since Trump took office is "in place of dilapidated designs" because the existing fence was in need of replacement.

The agency said that it had built 51 miles of steel bollard fence with funding that was set aside during fiscal 2017 and 2018. But while the funding was meant both to replace outdated walls and to place barriers where there previously had been none, the government has only completed the replacement projects. The projects to secure areas with no fence are still in the works.

The 50 miles of completed replacement barrier is a 10-mile gain since early April. In Trump’s two and a half years in office, his administration has installed an average 1.7 miles of barrier per month, and none of it in areas that did not previously have some sort of barrier. A total 205 miles of new and replacement barrier has been funded in the two and a half years since Trump took office.

A senior administration official told the Washington Examiner that Border Patrol and the Army Corps of Engineers moved faster on replacement projects than the new ones because the approval process for environmental and zoning permits was far less extensive than areas of the border with no barrier.

A second senior official defended the administration's progress and blamed Democrats in Congress for blocking funding for additional projects the White House has tried to move on.

"The wall projects are moving along as quickly as practicably possible given the unprecedented obstruction from Democrat lawmakers to protect and prolong open borders," the official wrote in a statement. "These same obstructionists, including many who once supported border barriers, are the same people who would abolish ICE and DHS, let criminals run free across our borders, and turned a blind eye to the scourge human trafficking and child sex slavery enabled by their policies."

Despite the lack of new barriers, Trump has applauded his administration for building more border wall. His 2020 campaign has made the border wall its primary messaging.

Trump's 2020 campaign debuted the slogan "Finish the Wall" at his first rally of 2019 in El Paso, Texas. At one point during his speech, the crowd began cheering "build that wall." Trump responded, "Now, you really mean 'finish that wall,' because we've built a lot of it,” though he did not share numbers with the thousands of people in attendance.

The White House initially persuaded Congress to fund replacement projects in 2017, then moved in 2018 to get more money for both replacement fencing and projects in parts of the border that have no barrier.

Congress in 2017 approved $341 million for 40 miles of replacement wall in San Diego, California; Santa Teresa, North Mexico; Calexico, California; and El Paso, Texas.

“To this date, CBP has completed the construction of approximately 99 percent of the 40 miles funded in fiscal year 2017. Additionally, construction of 35 gates to close gaps in current border infrastructure in the Rio Grande Valley sector continues,” the Department of Homeland Security agency said in a statement.

In the 2018 omnibus government funding bill, lawmakers approved $1.375 billion for 80 miles of new and replacement wall in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, various regions of California, and Yuma, Arizona. CBP said it has finished roughly 10 miles of that portion, of which none has been new fencing.

Meanwhile, the administration maintains that significant portions of new wall will be finished in the time remaining in Trump's term. Army Corps Commanding Gen. Todd T. Semonite said earlier this spring the Corps will put up 450 miles of wall by November 2020.

However, CBP reiterated this month it is only moving on the approximately 205 miles that have been funded as of 2019, including with Treasury Forfeiture Fund dollars Trump redirected through executive action in February. The remaining 85 miles that has already been funded was proposed this year and is intended for the Rio Grande Valley of Texas — some of which is meant to be new wall.

The Trump administration was sued earlier this spring after seizing $6.6 billion in military and other department funding to use for border wall construction. The Justice Department has asked the Supreme Court to weigh in after the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals blocked the White House plan from going forward. The court is expected to rule in the next few weeks.

Roughly 700 miles of the 2,000-mile border has some sort of barrier as a result of the Secure Fence Act, which was passed by Congress during the George W. Bush administration. It was the first major piece of legislation that funded the construction of barriers along the southern border.

Approximately 400 miles is steel fencing comparable to the planned new wall, only shorter. The other 300 miles of barrier is Normandy style, or a handful of steel beams fastened together to prevent vehicular traffic from getting by. However, the four-foot-tall fence does not prevent people from crossing.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2019
The Supreme Court really has to move very fast as there is no more time, all funds must be appropriated before 30th September, this is not negotiable.

This is definitely not negotiable.

We cannot afford any time to waste, the wall construction must start now, we cannot restate or overemphasize the urgency this.

The Supreme Court should realize that, any postponement of ruling beyond 26th July is an act of deliberately compromising the safety of America, and this is definitely not acceptable!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2019
So, he's been lying, as usual?
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
I sincerely hope and pray that the SC will rule in favour of the wall embarassed

There is an emergency at the southern border, and urgent action must be taken to remedy the situation. The Learned Justices must support President Trump to make america safe
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2019
MrPresident1:
I sincerely hope and pray that the SC will rule in favour of the wall embarassed

There is an emergency at the southern border, and urgent action must be taken to remedy the situation. The Learned Justices must support President Trump to make america safe
The SC is not going to be concerned about the wall. The case before them is one of separation of powers and who gets to authorise government spending which currently lays with Congress. If that authority is handed to the president, it would set a precedent that other presidents would be able to take advantage of. I'd personally be surprised if they did that.

1 Like

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
The case before the Supreme Court of America is the case of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy grin

budaatum:

The SC is not going to be concerned about the wall. The case before them is one of separation of powers and who gets to authorise government spending which currently lays with Congress. If that authority is handed to the president, it would set a precedent that other presidents would be able to take advantage of. I'd personally be surprised if they did that.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrPresident1:
The case before the Supreme Court of America is the case of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy grin
Shall I take your grin as an indication of satire and that even you do not believe what you've written above, or are you referring to a Bible prophecy like the one about Damascus? I hope not because it would justify American Nazis and be disastrous for the whole world!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
You are free to think whatever you like grin

budaatum:

Shall I take your grin as an indication of satire and that even you do not believe what you've written above, or are you referring to a Bible prophecy like the one about Damascus? I hope not because it would justify American Nazis and be disastrous for the whole world!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
There’s A Full-Fledged Fight Over Trump's Wall Going On In The Supreme Court

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/there%E2%80%99s-full-fledged-fight-over-trumps-wall-going-supreme-court-68372

“If a stay is granted and wall construction begins, there will be no turning back,” the green groups told the justices in court papers.

Environmental groups and House Democrats urged the Supreme Court not to disturb a lower court order blocking the reallocation of military funds for border wall projects.

The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court to put that ruling on hold while litigation continues July 12. Granting that request — called a stay — would give the government an irreversible victory, a coalition of environmentalists led by the Sierra Club warned.

“If a stay is granted and wall construction begins, there will be no turning back,” the green groups told the justices in court papers.

Turning back from what exactly? They better spill out what they mean!

The President means well for America, America needs to be protected. The wall must be built.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
Big beautiful shiney shiney wall then Rome America will be safe grin
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 10:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrPresident1:
Big beautiful shiney shiney wall then Rome America will be safe grin
Big shiney shiney invisible Trump wall that Mexico will pay for out of the magnanimity of their very generous hearts.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
Are you from America? grin

budaatum:

Big shiney shiney invisible Trump wall that Mexico will pay for out of the magnanimity of their very generous hearts.

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrPresident1:
Are you from America? grin

Are you from America?
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Tomorrow, hopefully, the learned justices of the supreme court of America, will elect to keep America safe under the leadership of President Trump, who has trumped everything in his path.

This will be a Trump for the amiable President Trump too grin

And hopefully again, this will be his last trump before the end of the fiscal year ending 30th September 2019.

President Trump must trump this one too, he has promised to make America safe, and the Supreme court will help him to fulfill this divine mandate given to him by God.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 4:01am On Jul 27, 2019
He Trumps again!

"Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!"

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 4:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 13:30
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luke 21:32
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Replace generation with year.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 9:58am On Jul 27, 2019
Supreme Court gives Trump go-ahead on border wall
Justices lift a lower court order blocking part of the president's plan to expand the border wall with Mexico.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/26/trump-border-wall-supreme-court-1437894

President Donald Trump scored a major victory at the Supreme Court on Friday, as the justices lifted a lower court order blocking a key part of his plan to expand the border wall with Mexico.

The Justice Department had asked the justices to stay a pair of rulings an Oakland-based federal judge issued in May and June blocking Trump’s plan to use about $2.5 billion in unspent military funds for wall projects in California, Arizona and New Mexico.

All the Republican-appointed justices voted in favor of allowing Trump to proceed with that aspect of his plan while litigation over the issue continues. All the Democratic-appointed justices dissented, except for Justice Stephen Breyer who said he would have allowed the contracting process to move forward but blocked actual construction.

The president touted the ruling in a tweet Friday evening: "Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!"
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2019
A trump is a victory, a victory is a trump
A trump is a win, a win is a trump

Ever since his trump over Clinton in the elections, President Trump has moved from one trump, or victory, to the other! He has trumped everything in his path, now he has another TRUMP in the Supreme court, which has now allowed hin to proceed with building the wall.

THIS IS A MASSIVE TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP!

He has celebrated his trump on Twitter, calling it a big VICTORY and a big WIN

"Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Now we have from now to 30th September 2019 for this year to end.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
MrPresident1:
A trump is a victory, a victory is a trump
A trump is a win, a win is a trump

Ever since his trump over Clinton in the elections, President Trump has moved from one trump, or victory, to the other! He has trumped everything in his path, now he has another TRUMP in the Supreme court, which has now allowed hin to proceed with building the wall.

THIS IS A MASSIVE TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP!

He has celebrated his trump on Twitter, calling it a big VICTORY and a big WIN

I can't believe they did this! I'm completely flabbergasted!

Trump! 4 + 4!
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by budaatum: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
MrPresident1:
Now we have from now to 30th September 2019 for this year to end.
Bet he still doesn't build an inch of it.
He still has to fight landowners.
Re: Trump's Shiny Beautiful New Wall and its Implications for America by MrPresident1: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
hmmm...lol.
It's the trump of victory grin that is the koko, not the building of the wall grin

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:

budaatum:

Bet he still doesn't build an inch of it.
He still has to fight landowners.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me. / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Eternity? / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.