Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport (17953 Views)

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Yseone(m): 12:39am On Mar 28, 2019
Nigerian was founded in a wrong foundation and cursed by the devil itself,
It can never be a better country until the devil itself is dead.
Police...Biased/Corrupt.
Military...Biased/Corrupt.
PHCN...Biased/Corrupt.
Politicians...Biased/Corrupt.
Immigration...Biased/Corrupt.
Road safety...Biased/Corrupt.
Civil Defence...Biased/Corrupt.
Banks...Biased/Corrupt.
Lecturers/Teachers...Biased/Corrupt.
Lawyers....Biased/Corrupt.
Doctors....Biased/Corrupt.
Employers...Biased/Corrupt.
APC/PDP & others....Biased/Corrupt.
Pastors(Some)...Biased/Corrupt.
Individually....we are Biased and Corrupt....

If you disagree with me. You are Biased and equally Corrupt.
Shithole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by vioment: 1:05am On Mar 28, 2019
No be nigeria africa again. Name one good thing in nigeria that works properly, am talking abut the whole of nigeria.

The most useless place in the whole wide world.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Grace001: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2019
I have said it in one of my several post... If you're a Nigerian, born and raised in Nigeria there is NO WAY you won't be frustrated or at a point get used to frustration due to lack of professionalism in almost all FEDERAL government parastatal.

INEC....To collect PVC, you must be frustrated before you can get it.
NIS.... How much your pay for international passport and officers you know will determine your level of frustration.
FRSC... To collect DL you can't escape frustration either.
NIMC...To get national ID card is a rocket science. You will definitely experience frustration and you're likely not to get the ID card.
PHCN... Agent of DARKNESS

The list is endless...

8 Likes

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by babstope05: 2:38am On Mar 28, 2019
Go on Twitter and make official complaint to @nigimmigration. I believe it is an intentional act to discourage Nigerian citizens from doing the right thing. Our leaders will keep mute on this
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by chinchum(m): 2:59am On Mar 28, 2019
BillGoldberg:

I paid 37k total at Command headquarters Awka just two days ago! They told me to come back in 2 weeks! Said there is no paper! Funny enough, I sent the money to an individuals account same with .everybody there. Once you enter, they will assign an immigration officer to you that you will bargain price with as if its a market place. Tufiakwa! Nigeria is such a useless entity! Why is everything about this worthless nation so bad? Why are we endemically corrupt? And if I clamour for Biafra now where we can set our own rules, people will get angry!
In that Biafra, all human beings will suddenly turn to angels abi? An average Nigerian is terribly corrupt, but we are not just corrupt, we are also terribly wicked and self centered with our corruption. Any corruption that can destroy peoples life deserves a death penalty.
We are always pointing fingers of the other person being corrupt while we are swimming in corruption waters. Nigerians, do a self check in your "little" cubicle whilst you hold whatever position.

4 Likes

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Ojady(m): 3:13am On Mar 28, 2019
The problem with Nigeria is, People, whether rich, poor, in power, out of power; woman, man etc...DONT JUST GIVE A FLYING EFF! about anybody especially if money is not involved. It is a huge shame. The quest for a passport is seen by others as a sign of progress, hence, you either pay to leave the shithole or you pass through the eye of a needle to get it and do whatever you can when you do get out, to never ever return.

It is stories like this that make me never blame people who want to go abroad by all means. Nigeria's problems are all man made!!

2 Likes

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 28, 2019
SageTravels:
Do you have a passport? A Nigerian Passport? Congratulations!

You are one of the lucky few who have endured the torment of queuing up for hours, days, weeks and sometimes months to secure a passport for the official fee of N17,800.

If you don’t have the patience for queues and weeks of meaningless visits, paying an official as much as N40,000 will guarantee you get your passport the same day or at most, in 3 days (depending on the state).

Apparently, I thought I could “do it on my own”. I made the grievous error of paying for my passport renewal online on January 4, 2019. Here is a quick rundown of how the immigration service has frustrated my life.

January 4:

Paid for Passport renewal online (a big mistake as not paying in cash and paying through your nose means your passport renewal/procurement process can take forever).

February 19:

I went to submit my old passport at the Oyo state command, and filled some forms. I was not told a capture was needed. I was only told to come back next week.

March 1:

I went to ask about my passport. Told to come back next week.

March 4:

Visited: no booklet, no passport.

March 6:

Visited and accidentally learned I needed to be captured (it was my first renewal ever). After nearly six hours of waiting, I was captured (picture taken and biodata captured on the portal). As I would later learn, allowing them to capture me when they were already complaining about booklet scarcity was another mistake because once you are captured, you cannot cancel or transfer to another state.

March 11:

March 13:

Visited, no booklet, no passport. I met with several officials who advised I meet with the Comptroller. I did meet and He asked me to meet with the official in charge. He was not on seat. The very next day, someone else was occupying the same seat and He did not attend to my request. Meanwhile, a friend told me his brother secured a passport at the Oyo state command within 4 days after paying N27,000.

March 15:

Visited, no booklet, no passport.

March 20:

March 25:

Visited twice. On my first visit, the officer I met told me they were attending to backlogs. No time for my passport. The comptroller was on his way out, I could not meet him. I went back by 3:30pm. He told me the person in charge is not on seat, I should check back when He returns. I asked another official who told me the said official had travelled for a marriage ceremony in faraway Kano. Another official asked me the Church I attend, and advised I start praying and fasting. Another official asked me to take my grievances to Servicom. Yet another official encouraged me to take to twitter.

In between these visits, I made countless phone calls to friends, family and immigration officials asking for help. Nothing has worked.

Why do I need my passport badly?

I have been selected as one of the top 24 entrepreneurs in the world with game-changing social enterprise ideas in the GIST TECH-I competition organized by the US Department of State. My flight is booked for April 13. Hotel booked. But I have no Visa. Why? I have no passport. I have also been selected as a Mandela Washington Fellow. I also need to submit my passport by the 27th of March (for Mandela Washington fellowship) and 28th of March (to process my Bahrain Visa).

Every time I visit the Oyo state command, I take along documents, explaining how I am going to be representing Nigeria in Bahrain for GIST TECH-I and why I need my passport badly. It seems I have been speaking Greek and the immigration service has left me no choice but to cry out to Nigerians to save me.

I have a few questions for the Comptroller General and the Comptroller in Charge of Oyo State:

Why is the immigration service always running out of booklets & dealing with backlogs?

Why are immigration officials immune to deadlines & genuine emergencies?

Why must an entire command stand still because an official is not around?

Why must I need to know someone who knows someone before I can secure my passport?

Why do I need to pay 2X or 3X the official rate before I secure my passport?

Why do I need to pray and fast, trend on twitter or write a diary such as this before I get my passport?

I have deadlines looming.

I am a law abiding citizen. No criminal records.

I am travelling to make Nigeria proud.

Immigration service, give me my Passport.

https://www.sagetravels.com/the-challenges-extreme-ways-of-getting-nigeria-passport/

If I were you, i would travel to abuja and do a fresh passport. Headquarters. Meet the guys there, pay what is required. Max 2 weeks u have a new passport.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 4:22am On Mar 28, 2019
This is what happens when u are in rome and u want to behave like a German. Dude shit here is done with money. To there and pay money and get your shit done and stop ranting.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by LucemFerre: 4:31am On Mar 28, 2019
Find your village people something... Passport go show grin

Seriously though, It took my friend more than a year to get his... He lost the job, thats for damn sure... This is una useless country

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 28, 2019
3months, 2weeks, 3days, 10days, I don't even understand. Did mine in Abeokuta, got it that same day and was back in Lagos before 7pm. Maybe I was just Lucky Sha.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by naturefellow(m): 5:38am On Mar 28, 2019
damilare442:
Got mine in a day from their Ilorin Office. I paid 28k
my guy my guy cool
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by naturefellow(m): 5:40am On Mar 28, 2019
Timijo:
Sorry for all the stress you have gone through. This Nigeria for you. The system is not working well at all.
If you were in Kaduna I would have helped you on this with the sum of #25,000 and you will get it within two days.
I did mine with the sum of #23,000 and got it within 2 days.
I could travel doen to KD to avoid all the stress really!
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by veneza(f): 5:49am On Mar 28, 2019
SageTravels:
Do you have a passport? A Nigerian Passport? Congratulations!

You are one of the lucky few who have endured the torment of queuing up for hours, days, weeks and sometimes months to secure a passport for the official fee of N17,800.

If you don’t have the patience for queues and weeks of meaningless visits, paying an official as much as N40,000 will guarantee you get your passport the same day or at most, in 3 days (depending on the state).

Apparently, I thought I could “do it on my own”. I made the grievous error of paying for my passport renewal online on January 4, 2019. Here is a quick rundown of how the immigration service has frustrated my life.

January 4:

Paid for Passport renewal online (a big mistake as not paying in cash and paying through your nose means your passport renewal/procurement process can take forever).

February 19:

I went to submit my old passport at the Oyo state command, and filled some forms. I was not told a capture was needed. I was only told to come back next week.

March 1:

I went to ask about my passport. Told to come back next week.

March 4:

March 6:

Visited and accidentally learned I needed to be captured (it was my first renewal ever). After nearly six hours of waiting, I was captured (picture taken and biodata captured on the portal). As I would later learn, allowing them to capture me when they were already complaining about booklet scarcity was another mistake because once you are captured, you cannot cancel or transfer to another state.

March 11:

March 13:

Visited, no booklet, no passport. I met with several officials who advised I meet with the Comptroller. I did meet and He asked me to meet with the official in charge. He was not on seat. The very next day, someone else was occupying the same seat and He did not attend to my request. Meanwhile, a friend told me his brother secured a passport at the Oyo state command within 4 days after paying N27,000.

March 15:

March 20:

March 25:

Visited twice. On my first visit, the officer I met told me they were attending to backlogs. No time for my passport. The comptroller was on his way out, I could not meet him. I went back by 3:30pm. He told me the person in charge is not on seat, I should check back when He returns. I asked another official who told me the said official had travelled for a marriage ceremony in faraway Kano. Another official asked me the Church I attend, and advised I start praying and fasting. Another official asked me to take my grievances to Servicom. Yet another official encouraged me to take to twitter.

In between these visits, I made countless phone calls to friends, family and immigration officials asking for help. Nothing has worked.

Why do I need my passport badly?

I have been selected as one of the top 24 entrepreneurs in the world with game-changing social enterprise ideas in the GIST TECH-I competition organized by the US Department of State. My flight is booked for April 13. Hotel booked. But I have no Visa. Why? I have no passport. I have also been selected as a Mandela Washington Fellow. I also need to submit my passport by the 27th of March (for Mandela Washington fellowship) and 28th of March (to process my Bahrain Visa).

Every time I visit the Oyo state command, I take along documents, explaining how I am going to be representing Nigeria in Bahrain for GIST TECH-I and why I need my passport badly. It seems I have been speaking Greek and the immigration service has left me no choice but to cry out to Nigerians to save me.

I have a few questions for the Comptroller General and the Comptroller in Charge of Oyo State:

Why is the immigration service always running out of booklets & dealing with backlogs?

Why are immigration officials immune to deadlines & genuine emergencies?

Why must an entire command stand still because an official is not around?

Why must I need to know someone who knows someone before I can secure my passport?

Why do I need to pay 2X or 3X the official rate before I secure my passport?

Why do I need to pray and fast, trend on twitter or write a diary such as this before I get my passport?

I have deadlines looming.

I am a law abiding citizen. No criminal records.

I am travelling to make Nigeria proud.

Immigration service, give me my Passport.

https://www.sagetravels.com/the-challenges-extreme-ways-of-getting-nigeria-passport/

If you are for real,why not go with the balance 23k and get your passport,and save your self from stress and extra fund for transport. I did mine this month for 33k and got it too,it was stressful but I got it.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Ewedegubbler: 6:04am On Mar 28, 2019
Effects of change.
Change from celebrating prosperity to glorifying poverty

Change education to illiteracy

Change from printing passport in Nigeria to Malaysia

Anyways thank God your Oyo people are beginning to wisen up and running those change zombies out of town

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Adayoung(f): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
kingsol92:
I did my own at ikoyi passport office last year ,I applied on 10th Oct and collected it on 22 DEC after I don' pay another bribe of 5 k, notwithstanding that I paid 28k initially ,ifact even the day I collected it I pay 2 different officers 1k each , people full there like sand wet never collect their own, some applied since last 6 months, this country is a shithole bro ,just go and package like 5 k and meet any top immigration officer there ,beg him to help you ,before 3 days you'll collect it I bet you ,just give them bribe that is Nigeria for you
Ehn so on the day of collection bribe is still needed
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by kayzeesoft(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2019
grin
KendrickAyomide:
Mark my word

THIS COUNTRY NO FIT BETA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by HeWrites(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2019
LiftedMan:

I know some1 with similar issue in Lagos thats needs to start travel process but can't becos of this problem.

He never ready to travel.. If he's ready, he go don pay for express own
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by buJu234: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2019
Helping Nigerians to get their international passports is now a big business oo, because most youths want to run from this country. So following the normal way is a waste of time, energy and resources
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Alejoas(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2019
I watched the controller General sometimes ago on channels news promising all these will soon end so I waited till any semblance of normality returned but that wait was endless...... I hate to pay bribe and was close to tears when I was push to my limit as time was running out, I had to pay 35k for renewal and the open corruption in NIS is a pointer to the fact that Buhari is not fighting jack!

For your laptop and phones Powerbank.....
www.cooldipo.com

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Timijo(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2019
naturefellow:
I could travel doen to KD to avoid all the stress really!
But the cost of coming to Kaduna is something else. Can you afford to pay for everything?
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by bayo4sure87: 7:56am On Mar 28, 2019
I did my own at Ado Ekiti in Ekiti. i stay in Ibadan but someone told me to do it in Ekiti State and i collected it the same day no stress
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by daroz(m): 7:56am On Mar 28, 2019
Well, my own experience is different here.

Just two days ago (March 26th) , at about 9:30 am, I walked into the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin, Germany for my Nigerian Passport renewal . I can post the picture here online if you want .

At exactly 1:30 pm, I walked out of the embassy with my renewed passport (64 pages).

Note this:
I didn’t book any fucking appointment non made any payment online, cos the earliest date I could see was from September. I filled the form, made the payment and other necessary things right inside the embassy.

So, my dear OP, you know how things work with Nigerians . If you so much need something so importantly and urgently, try to Know who Know.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by obinoral1179(m): 7:57am On Mar 28, 2019
Op made a mistake by doing it online.. I registered online but when I went there to submit the officer in charge at the gate told me that I can be captured that same day with additional money, I just paid him 7k and the rest they say it's history..... When you need something urgent in this country you go through the back door or you use someone that knows someone.....

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by dreyton(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2019
ProsidentBuhari:
cool

As a good citizen of Nigeria, the only way my administration can make you know the importance of the Nigerian passport, is to make you suffer before you get it.

USA, Germany, Japan and co. passport have no value compared to the Nigerian passport, that's why it is very easy for their citizens to get it without stress.

~ProsidentBuhari
Germany, Japan, and Co's passport have no value compared to Nigerian passport
Chai what a waste of sperm undecided. Japan hold the world's strongest passport as at now. And Nigeria passport is not on number 20000000000000
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by billbonesmd(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2019
Nailed it!!
ProsidentBuhari:
cool

As a good citizen of Nigeria, the only way my administration can make you know the importance of the Nigerian passport, is to make you suffer before you get it.

USA, Germany, Japan and co. passport have no value compared to the Nigerian passport, that's why it is very easy for their citizens to get it without stress.

~ProsidentBuhari

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2019
If you want to go through the legal and Normal route to secure anything of importance in this country, you will wait tire, till grey hairs begin to come off and on out of your body. cry
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by tillaman(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2019
I paid 35 k for mine at their Ikeja office after waiting for hours I successfully did my capturing and all that very day and I was asked to call back after 1 week, my guy since January 8th after 35k I just got my passport February 27th, you should try and reach out to the right quarters but don’t go empty handed you know what’s at stake bro! I wish you luck.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Smartpaschal(m): 8:24am On Mar 28, 2019
izzou:
grin

If eventually you get your passport and leave for whatever reason, I hope you won't come back?

Because na that one I go take vex for you
Exactly
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by ojtopsy: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2019
obinoral1179:
Op made a mistake by doing it online.. I registered online but when I went there to submit the officer in charge at the gate told me that I can be captured that same day with additional money, I just paid him 7k and the rest they say it's history..... When you need something urgent in this country you go through the back door or you use someone that knows someone.....

Chairman i beg which state did you do it.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Sharmeenator(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2019
Op, knowing how important the conferences are to you and how messed up your country is, you ought to have taken the unofficial route to avoid all these frustrations and dilemma you are in. Forget about doing the right and morally accepted things when it comes to Nigerian civil service, normal ways don't work in most cases. That's the hard truth.

I did mine February ending; did capturing and everything stress-free that day after paying an unofficial fee of 29k. I'm still waiting "patiently" to get it.

I met a guy the day I went for the capturing. He was told by the immigration officer attached to him to pay an additional 20k to have it ready that day after paying an earlier fee of 35k in January. According to him, the 20k is to hasten the oga at the top to sign the print order that same day and viola, passport would be ready!
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2019
BillGoldberg:

I paid 37k total at Command headquarters Awka just two days ago! They told me to come back in 2 weeks! Said there is no paper! Funny enough, I sent the money to an individuals account same with .everybody there. Once you enter, they will assign an immigration officer to you that you will bargain price with as if its a market place. Tufiakwa! Nigeria is such a useless entity! Why is everything about this worthless nation so bad? Why are we endemically corrupt? And if I clamour for Biafra now where we can set our own rules, people will get angry!

Lol.Did they too ask you to pay 1k for local government attestation? Useless people. angry angry angry angry. I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Spain..how Do You Survive ??? / Planning To Relocate To Turkey / Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.