Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich (64804 Views)

Do Rich Ladies Still Marry Poor Guys? / Reason Why Guys Leave Their Girl Friend After Making It In Life / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by chigoizie7(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

A lady stuck by you when you were broke, now that you are Rich, you left the lady because in your words, "She has now become a liability"
So tell me why Goodluck Jonathan is still with patience Jonathan?

Are you more richer and educated than Goodluck Jonathan?

Yes!!! i know a woman must develop her own self, mentally, educationally or resourcefully but that do not mean that if she fails to meet the requirement guaranteed for your financial level, that you should dump her.

A real man will use his wealth to uplift his woman financially, educationally and transform her to your standard.

lol. u think patience is not financially smart?

Being financially wise is different from being educated in a formal way

3 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by ImaIma1(f): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2019
lefulefu:
ohhh my badcheesy.. No wonder u said God bless his soul.. Was tinkin abi uncle sege don kick...em u knowcheesy. As for ojb jezreel i dont really know much of his marital life but then maybe there was sumptin brewing between him and his wife before the loss of contact. Man no go jus blow then dump the wife that was dear to him in his broke days. Its either dat woman was giving him issues like cheating on him and insulting him when he was broke then as he starts making it he quickly ditches her.wich man go wan do away wit wetin dey giv am joy.

They were married till the end. She even donated her kidney to him.

I am not saying she was below OJB's standard. She was just not the regular celebrity wife we see around. He married two other wives after her.

3 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by kense88: 7:32am On Mar 31, 2019
generationz:

you are partially right in some cases but its not fair to put all the blame on the lady

Many men actually dump the girl because when money comes they want a girl that befits their status.

Some even go for a slayqueen who openly rejected them when they were broke.
Some will marry the loyal girl and continuously cheat with the hot slayqueen that fulfils their fantasy

A man who truely loves a lady will try to help her grow before dumping her if she wants to remain static.

Marriage goes beyond achievements and status.

You can't buy true love with money
you can't buy loyalty with money.
support can't be bought with money

All these things will be obvious when a man is broke.

My advice for both men and women is to pray for God to reveal the true intentions of the heart of your partner before you waste time and resources with them and cry years later.
yea, some guys are that stupid

13 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by kense88: 7:38am On Mar 31, 2019
lefulefu:
ohhh my badcheesy.. No wonder u said God bless his soul.. Was tinkin abi uncle sege don kick...em u knowcheesy. As for ojb jezreel i dont really know much of his marital life but then maybe there was sumptin brewing between him and his wife before the loss of contact. Man no go jus blow then dump the wife that was dear to him in his broke days. Its either dat woman was giving him issues like cheating on him and insulting him when he was broke then as he starts making it he quickly ditches her.wich man go wan do away wit wetin dey giv am joy.
My guy, e dey happen ooh. Some guys are very ungrateful

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

They were married till the end. She even donated her kidney to him.

I am not saying she was below OJB's standard. She was just not the regular celebrity wife we see around. He married two other wives after her.
do u know Denzel washington? The black american hollywood star that featured in a number of hollywood blackbusters. The guy won an oscar in the mid 2000s for his act in dat movie Training Day. He won it alongside Halle Berry dat year.He's an elite actor of the highest echelon bracket. Have u seen his wife? If u see his wife u will be shocked.she looks like average looking housewife than a slayqueen. Denzel met his wife b4 he became a hollywood star and till today they still together. This is d same hollywood dat stars divorce on a routine basis oo. Because of his love for his wife it is said dat denzel refuses to have sex scene in a movie set. So u see money cannot change a man's mindset about u when im don hammer. For jezreel case it might he wasnt really dat into his wife even though d woman might hv loved him. There are some men who marry a girl just for marrying sake or cos their parents forced dem into marrying her or like i said b4 d girl was probably givin dem issues when they were broke.

14 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by ImaIma1(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
lefulefu:
do u know Denzel washington? The black american hollywood star that featured in a number of hollywood blackbusters. The guy won an oscar in the mid 2000s for his act in dat movie Training Day. He won it alongside Halle Berry dat year.He's an elite actor of the highest echelon bracket. Have u seen his wife? If u see his wife u will be shocked.she looks like average looking housewife than a slayqueen. Denzel met his wife b4 he became a hollywood star and till today they still together. This is d same hollywood dat stars divorce on a routine basis oo. Because of his love for his wife it is said dat denzel refuses to have sex scene in a movie set. So u see money cannot change a man's mindset about u when im don hammer. For jezreel case it might he wasnt really dat into his wife even though d woman might hv loved him. There are some men who marry a girl just for marrying sake or cos their parents forced dem into marrying her or like i said b4 d girl was probably givin dem issues when they were broke.

I get your point. Denzel's wife is not below him as per standard, development and all. She accompanies him a lot for events. She is also an actress...has done a few movies.

What I am saying is that a spouse should also advance while the other is doing same so that one doesn't feel out of place. Not that your spouse will be praying that you don't talk when he takes you out

5 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
ImaIma1:

I get your point. Denzel's wife is not below him as per standard, development and all. She accompanies him a lot for events. She is also an actress...has done a few movies.

What I am saying is that a spouse should also advance while the other is doing same so that one doesn't feel out of place. Not that your spouse will be praying that you don't talk when he takes you out
yes dats very true.as a man is developing himself his wife should also be developing herself.any man that genuinly love his wife would want such for his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
kense88:
My guy, e dey happen ooh. Some guys are very ungrateful
lol yea e dey happen when d man no really like d lady. for example there some guys wey dey marry their sugar mummy no cos dem love but cos d lady dey fund their business or she dey take dem through school.as soon as den get their two feet dem go divorce d sugar mummy and marry a lady of their choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Excellent7(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
otipoju:

You have a point but have only looked at it from only one angle

Successful men whose wives were financially better off when he was struggling and end up leaving the wife have one factor in common.

Even though they might be helping him with money those women have insulted and emotionally abused and humilated the man verbally and in every other way when he was struggling .

When things get better for him, the woman will now be more friendly and nice and this begins to seriously irritate the man untl he leaves the woman.

Words like babe and honey will piss him off when he had become uses to labels like " irresponsible" worthless, useless man.

Truth!
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by bolafez(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

A lady stuck by you when you were broke, now that you are Rich, you left the lady because in your words, "She has now become a liability"

Yes!!! i know a woman must develop her own self, mentally, educationally or resourcefully but that do not mean that if she fails to meet the requirement guaranteed for your financial level, that you should dump her.

A real man will use his wealth to uplift his woman financially, educationally and transform her to your standard.

you point is too theoretical to be relied on.
the Op said nothing but absolute truth. It's happening and would continue happening.
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Progress07: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hmmm!
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by magicminister: 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
jezuzboi:
Women who stick to struggling men until the men grow their financial IQs and become financially stable are usually praised and approved by almost everyone.

While that may be a testament to a woman's praiseworthy character, I am of the opinion that such women still fall short, in the sense that they only stick to a man while he grows his financial IQ, without them growing theirs too.

A poorly resourceful but endearing woman may mean the world to a struggling man. But the moment he mounts financial heights, his once endearing but financially uneducated partner may become a liability.

Mounting financial heights is a function of FINANCIAL EDUCATION, and financial education promotes ASSETS but frowns at LIABILITIES. As you know, assets put money in your pocket while liabilities take money out of your pocket.

A poorly resourceful woman may be an asset to a struggling man because she supplies his emotional needs despite his low financial state. But when he grows his IQ and gets rich, he'll most likely require more than emotional satisfaction from her.

If she had failed to grow her financial IQ along with him, she will depend on him to supply her financial/material needs just as she supplied and still supplies his emotional needs. At this point, the woman may become less attractive to the man.

Any woman can supply emotional needs. And when it comes to supplying emotional needs, it's a two-way traffic. But if she had grown her financial IQ along with him, she would easily flow in the same frequency with him, both emotionally and financially.

That way, their attraction to each other endures and their love blossoms. Between a financially educated partner and a financially uneducated partner, there will be arguments and fights over money, and most of the time, if not all the time, the root of the problem can be traced to the partner with low or no financial education.

That is why one partner eventually walks away. Even the Bible says; "Can two work together except they be agreed?" In most cases, the partner who walks away is the one with more financial education, which in the context of the write-up, is the man.

We may call him a monster, an ingrate, or Lucifer, as the case may be. But if you take a quick run through history, you'll find that many financially educated women had to dump their financially uneducated male partners when they could no longer agree on certain money-related matters. It is not a GENDER THING. It is a GROWTH THING.

The 21st century ladies have asserted that sticking to a struggling man is one of the most uncalculated risks to take because the man dumps them for another woman the moment he gets rich. But how many men of substance walk away from women of real WORTH and VALUE?

If you supply emotional needs alone, what happens when other needs arise? It takes more than the emotions of love to keep an affair going. And I am not in any way talking down on women who see beyond a man's pocket. As a matter of fact, I ADORE them.

That is why I am writing this piece: to give them heads up on how to keep the RICH VERSION of their partner glued to them, thereby making the years they spent with his POOR VERSION count. Don't just service his emotions while he grows his financial IQ. Grow yours too. That's one important thing that will earn you his affection and respect in the long run.

Emotion and finance have been the key focus of this piece. But they are not the only areas that require growth to keep you BALANCED. Others include spiritual, mental, academic, etc. Whatever the growth, the bottom line is: GROW ALONG WITH YOUR PARTNER TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.

Jezuzboi©

Thrash...

I say is thrash because any man that had a supportive woman in his days of drought and finds her unworthy in his days of success will never last long.

I say this because even if you don’t want to be with her anymore, support her to become somebody.

My first girlfriend supported me when I had nothing. With her little money as teacher, she would buy food, cook and serve me. We lived in a self contain with leaking roof and she still treated me like a real man.

When I hammered, I set her up in ways I don’t wanna mention here but just know she’s very comfortable now and will never lack at least not whist I’m alive and we’re not even together anymore!!

Guys, no use your hand block your own blessing. Always show gratitude to your real soldiers that stood by you and repped you in times of your struggle.

Your mama and papa, your siblings and families and friends that supported

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hot truth grin
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by pinkygurl(f): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
jezuzboi:
Women who stick to struggling men until the men grow their financial IQs and become financially stable are usually praised and approved by almost everyone.

While that may be a testament to a woman's praiseworthy character, I am of the opinion that such women still fall short, in the sense that they only stick to a man while he grows his financial IQ, without them growing theirs too.

A poorly resourceful but endearing woman may mean the world to a struggling man. But the moment he mounts financial heights, his once endearing but financially uneducated partner may become a liability.

Mounting financial heights is a function of FINANCIAL EDUCATION, and financial education promotes ASSETS but frowns at LIABILITIES. As you know, assets put money in your pocket while liabilities take money out of your pocket.

A poorly resourceful woman may be an asset to a struggling man because she supplies his emotional needs despite his low financial state. But when he grows his IQ and gets rich, he'll most likely require more than emotional satisfaction from her.

If she had failed to grow her financial IQ along with him, she will depend on him to supply her financial/material needs just as she supplied and still supplies his emotional needs. At this point, the woman may become less attractive to the man.

Any woman can supply emotional needs. And when it comes to supplying emotional needs, it's a two-way traffic. But if she had grown her financial IQ along with him, she would easily flow in the same frequency with him, both emotionally and financially.

That way, their attraction to each other endures and their love blossoms. Between a financially educated partner and a financially uneducated partner, there will be arguments and fights over money, and most of the time, if not all the time, the root of the problem can be traced to the partner with low or no financial education.

That is why one partner eventually walks away. Even the Bible says; "Can two work together except they be agreed?" In most cases, the partner who walks away is the one with more financial education, which in the context of the write-up, is the man.

We may call him a monster, an ingrate, or Lucifer, as the case may be. But if you take a quick run through history, you'll find that many financially educated women had to dump their financially uneducated male partners when they could no longer agree on certain money-related matters. It is not a GENDER THING. It is a GROWTH THING.

The 21st century ladies have asserted that sticking to a struggling man is one of the most uncalculated risks to take because the man dumps them for another woman the moment he gets rich. But how many men of substance walk away from women of real WORTH and VALUE?

If you supply emotional needs alone, what happens when other needs arise? It takes more than the emotions of love to keep an affair going. And I am not in any way talking down on women who see beyond a man's pocket. As a matter of fact, I ADORE them.

That is why I am writing this piece: to give them heads up on how to keep the RICH VERSION of their partner glued to them, thereby making the years they spent with his POOR VERSION count. Don't just service his emotions while he grows his financial IQ. Grow yours too. That's one important thing that will earn you his affection and respect in the long run.

Emotion and finance have been the key focus of this piece. But they are not the only areas that require growth to keep you BALANCED. Others include spiritual, mental, academic, etc. Whatever the growth, the bottom line is: GROW ALONG WITH YOUR PARTNER TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.

Jezuzboi©
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
magicminister:

Thrash
Thrash too
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by YMCgyna(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Only selfish people will see sense in this writeup ..
LIfe on a bigger note is far bigger than just self gain. Sacrifice has to mean something for life to be meaningful.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by folake4u(f): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
All I have to say is ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
lefulefu:

Your perceptions on everything posted on this site makes me believe you live in a village and have never travelled out of Nigeria to experience what life really is . You’re quite overly traditional and primitive /archaic in thoughts .

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2019
Simply because they are foolish sad

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by RexTramadol1: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
I no gree totally

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2019
Elder0001:

Your perceptions on everything posted on this site makes me believe you live in a village and have never travelled out of Nigeria to experience what life really is . You’re quite overly traditional and primitive /archaic in thoughts .
i like this guy always calling people kids grin grin why you no they comment for this section again undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by ponti93(m): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
Word

6 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
Dickhead02:
i like this guy always calling people kids grin grin why you no they comment for this section again undecided
Maybe he's too busy being feminist and all that's Why undecided
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
SilentListener:
Maybe he's too busy being feminist and all that's Why undecided
grin grin dude reminds me of that shema!e jerimiwolf grin grin grin
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by matadonis(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
Over sense dey worry
Well spoken
she was there with you through your poor and uneducated financial level.
Then when you've acquired rich and educated financial level.... She becomes a liability.
What is the essence of the money if you can't build her to your standard?

8 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Guninerma231: 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
[quote author=ponti93 post=77635164]Word[/quote

What a summary!
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Pls what is the minimum age required to get a National identification number?
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Samsonklin(m): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Easier said than done. Just for the likes I think. I know a lot of people that ginger and ginger and said this. They even went on to quote that verse of the Bible that says “a man who cannot provide for his woman is worse than an infidel”. Las las... bros if I tell you Wetin happen, we nor go commot here. Leave matter for Mathias. When you don marry, you go confirm am. Body go tell each and every one of us. No need to dey talk. I will do dis, I wil do that, we should do dis, we should do that. As it is now, the world doesn’t work according to what’s wrritten in books. This is the time when c’mon sense is what we use in all things. Brotherly, forget quotes, life hard marriage nor be beans-pie matter! Peace ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by frozen70(f): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
lilmax:
there's no excuse

Yes for whatever reason or reasons,
There are no excuses for dropping such women who stood by you for you to find your ground

But its left for your conscience to do the needful

When such men leaves women of that nature, look very well

It doesn't go down well with them

The only option left with them is to go back to such women and apologise to her for breaking her heart or settle them with finance.

But that wasn't what she bergained for in the first instance

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

First Wife Attacks Husband's New Bride With Palm Oil During Wedding In Imo. PICS / Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! / Pregnant Girlfriend Scatters Her Boyfriend's Side Chic's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.