Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich (64890 Views)

Do Rich Ladies Still Marry Poor Guys? / Reason Why Guys Leave Their Girl Friend After Making It In Life / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Jephyard(m): 3:19am On Apr 18, 2019
From what the OP wrote up there is total thrash. If you want to know a man true character gives him power. So if the op blows tomorrow he will leave his loving uneducated/educated wife to one that meet his taste. No love, no loyalty. Wawu, pure greed, he want a sophisticated wife that will add more to him. He always want to take, take and not give. My advice for the OP is change your circle including your church you are heading to a wrong path. No man will leave a loyal girl because he has upgrade, and if he does they almost end up regretting their actions. I have friends and even one currently still regretting his actions for leaving his loyal girlfriend (just girlfriend o, not wife yet) to a more classy one. He is still begging her till today.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by nelsoooooo: 3:21am On Apr 18, 2019
Very useless post a girl that loved u and u mange get small cash u feel she is folish guy wake up

4 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by KingSango(m): 3:34am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

A lady stuck by you when you were broke, now that you are Rich, you left the lady because in your words, "She has now become a liability"
So tell me why Goodluck Jonathan is still with patience Jonathan?

Are you more richer and educated than Goodluck Jonathan?

Yes!!! i know a woman must develop her own self, mentally, educationally or resourcefully but that do not mean that if she fails to meet the requirement guaranteed for your financial level, that you should dump her.

A real man will use his wealth to uplift his woman financially, educationally and transform her to your standard.

Well said up to a point

The point is she can be herself because we are rich now grin grin grin

If you choose the right woman rich or poor doesn t matter

Now on the other had if you choose a bad woman then by all means move on grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by LordKO(m): 3:43am On Apr 18, 2019
@OP

Obviously, your submission is from a small-minded person's point of view. Small-minded people - people of the manipulative ethical leanings - and disloyalty, hypocrisy, disingenuousness and unfaithfulness are inseparable.

A long-time girlfriend, not just a girlfriend of convenience, is obviously someone you must have found worthy morally, physically, emotionally and intellectually, so discarding her after you emancipate financially simply means that you're evil personification. Money in particular and material things in general never/should never be the hallmark of a sane person or defined a person.

You (whether boy or girl), it's about time you ask yourself/discern if you're a boyfriend or girlfriend of convenience to your partner or his/her dear choice and, do the needful, to avoid finding yourself in the web of OP's submission in the end. Anyone in your life - and vice versa - who isn't altruistic towards you is your frenemy and should be treated as one, because a frenemy is literally worse than an enemy.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by LordKO(m): 3:54am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

A lady stuck by you when you were broke, now that you are Rich, you left the lady because in your words, "She has now become a liability"

Yes!!! i know a woman must develop her own self, mentally, educationally or resourcefully but that do not mean that if she fails to meet the requirement guaranteed for your financial level, that you should dump her.

A real man will use his wealth to uplift his woman financially, educationally and transform her to your standard.

You're wise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Ferdinandu(m): 4:00am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Forget that. Even though Patience doesn't speak Queens English but she is a PhD holder, very bold, more intimidating than the husband,. Please if you are talking about timid partner, Patience is not an example. She can even chance Jonathan if given the opportunity. If Jonathan has the mind of Patience, they will still be in Aso Rock today.

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by rafindo(m): 4:17am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Poverty alleviation scheme is what you mean not real men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by troublemakea(m): 4:22am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Mtchewww....I thought i'll find small sense but alas

pls Next person jare
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Unconquerable: 4:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Marriage these days has become like an investment. People are rarely sincere and honest. It’s like, what’s in it for me? The writer quoted the scripture that says two cannot work together if they don’t agree: and this is after the man has upgraded his status financially he now realizes the incompatibility. It reminds me of a lady who said you should not be unequally yoked. And she said she meant not to be with someone that is not up to your standard financially. It’s amazing how folks keep twisting scripture for their selfish motive. Men and women who became rich and then abandon those who were with them when they were poor are why the Bible says the heart is very wicked and deceitful above all else and who can know it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by chibuzorAbia: 4:41am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Real man? Wetin be real man?
Liability talks.............
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 18, 2019
bull crap!... IF YOU DESERT ME AT MY WORST,
YOU DON'T DESERVE ME AT MY BEST,
if she was there for me at my WORST,
she DESERVES the WHOLE of me at my BEST!

#LOYALTY is a very RARE/EXPENSIVE gift,

NEVER give it to a CHEAP/ UNWORTHY person!

4 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 18, 2019
lincsnuel:
OP it's also synonymous to the way ladies dump guys after training her in school!

#Shithappens

Life goes on

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by CaptainMitch: 5:12am On Apr 18, 2019
Mumu
Elder0001:

Your perceptions on everything posted on this site makes me believe you live in a village and have never travelled out of Nigeria to experience what life really is . You’re quite overly traditional and primitive /archaic in thoughts .

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
See bro, Nobody is useless in life.
Even if the woman failed to meet the standard, you can help her make the standard.

If someone is not educated, then the person should develop on his or her talent or have a handwork.

So did the successful man got to the top on his own?
Did people not help him got to the top?

what if people refused to help him when he was poor because he is low class?
would he be at the top today?

This generation has destroyed the concept of love with too many principles of westernization and people are too money, class and material conscious.

When you truly love a woman, it don't matter if she is this or that, You stick with her to the end.

After reading your comments, I am truly convinced that there is hope after all for women in this generation.

God bless the people that raised you, may you never meet a woman who will make you question what love is.

A proverbs 31 kind of woman is the one you'll end up with, in Jesus name.

8 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Osisie(m): 5:16am On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:
Most of the the long time gf once or more than twice cheated on the poor dude, the guy was only managing her because he was broke....

Ugly truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Viking007(m): 5:16am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

God will bless you for this comment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Viking007(m): 5:19am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Even if the woman failed to meet the standard, you can help her make the standard.

If someone is not educated, then the person should develop on his or her talent or have a handwork.

This generation has destroyed the concept of love with too many principles of westernization and people are too money, class and material conscious.

When you truly love a woman, it don't matter if she is this or that, You stick with her to the end.
Seu_n please this guy deserves a medal.
[img]https://i./8Lyh.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 18, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Mumu

Help me L0OL grin grin grin

I never knew that was pocos stalker, until yesterday *palm-face*

I thought the stalker (ex-bf) was zico grin
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by CaptainMitch: 5:24am On Apr 18, 2019
He's a nutcase, he is the stalker, who told you about him?

Guest007:

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 18, 2019
CaptainMitch:
He's a nutcase, he is the stalker, who told you about him?

Pman, in a diss cheesy
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by BrainSanitizer: 5:29am On Apr 18, 2019
jezuzboi:
Women who stick to struggling men until the men grow their financial IQs and become financially stable are usually praised and approved by almost everyone.

While that may be a testament to a woman's praiseworthy character, I am of the opinion that such women still fall short, in the sense that they only stick to a man while he grows his financial IQ, without them growing theirs too.

A poorly resourceful but endearing woman may mean the world to a struggling man. But the moment he mounts financial heights, his once endearing but financially uneducated partner may become a liability.

Mounting financial heights is a function of FINANCIAL EDUCATION, and financial education promotes ASSETS but frowns at LIABILITIES. As you know, assets put money in your pocket while liabilities take money out of your pocket.

A poorly resourceful woman may be an asset to a struggling man because she supplies his emotional needs despite his low financial state. But when he grows his IQ and gets rich, he'll most likely require more than emotional satisfaction from her.

If she had failed to grow her financial IQ along with him, she will depend on him to supply her financial/material needs just as she supplied and still supplies his emotional needs. At this point, the woman may become less attractive to the man.

Any woman can supply emotional needs. And when it comes to supplying emotional needs, it's a two-way traffic. But if she had grown her financial IQ along with him, she would easily flow in the same frequency with him, both emotionally and financially.

That way, their attraction to each other endures and their love blossoms. Between a financially educated partner and a financially uneducated partner, there will be arguments and fights over money, and most of the time, if not all the time, the root of the problem can be traced to the partner with low or no financial education.

That is why one partner eventually walks away. Even the Bible says; "Can two work together except they be agreed?" In most cases, the partner who walks away is the one with more financial education, which in the context of the write-up, is the man.

We may call him a monster, an ingrate, or Lucifer, as the case may be. But if you take a quick run through history, you'll find that many financially educated women had to dump their financially uneducated male partners when they could no longer agree on certain money-related matters. It is not a GENDER THING. It is a GROWTH THING.

The 21st century ladies have asserted that sticking to a struggling man is one of the most uncalculated risks to take because the man dumps them for another woman the moment he gets rich. But how many men of substance walk away from women of real WORTH and VALUE?

If you supply emotional needs alone, what happens when other needs arise? It takes more than the emotions of love to keep an affair going. And I am not in any way talking down on women who see beyond a man's pocket. As a matter of fact, I ADORE them.

That is why I am writing this piece: to give them heads up on how to keep the RICH VERSION of their partner glued to them, thereby making the years they spent with his POOR VERSION count. Don't just service his emotions while he grows his financial IQ. Grow yours too. That's one important thing that will earn you his affection and respect in the long run.

Emotion and finance have been the key focus of this piece. But they are not the only areas that require growth to keep you BALANCED. Others include spiritual, mental, academic, etc. Whatever the growth, the bottom line is: GROW ALONG WITH YOUR PARTNER TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH.

Jezuzboi©
Nairaland still has serious minded people! Thank you for this piece.
I'll introduce my guy to Nairaland particularly to read this post.
Please no one should ask me why.

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by xyz123456: 5:32am On Apr 18, 2019
HajimeSaito:
If you come across any man who does such, just know that he became rich by accident and that his days as a richman are numbered.

That woman he has left behind was his most important asset emotionally and psychologically speaking. She was the first to believe in him and the first to give him a chance to prove his worth.

Any man who is stupid enough to abandon such a loyal human asset instead of developing, will definitely repeat the same blunder in his business life.

Thanks. This is the truth. When I had nothing, my wife stucked by me. She always encourage me not to give up. When I was not selected at the final stage of a Multinational company interview, she was consoling me. And anytime I am down, she always console me with sweet words. Now that I am ok financially, I give her very good salary and take care of everything in the house so she only spends her money on her family member. She even gives some of her family member monthly stipend out of the money I give her. Not all men are same. I appreciate her die

3 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 18, 2019
I knew elder0001 was the same person as l0ol. Ive known this fact before but I just reconfirmed yesterday. he's also n0one, note their love for using zeros's in their names. I moda fuckin knew it! what a fuckn coward he is! I wonder how pocohantas/ antibrutus got mixed up with such a character. tueh!
Guest007:

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Libo45: 5:36am On Apr 18, 2019
Smh at people of nowadays. Many people commenting are not even married but dishing out advice. Observe and talk to people with long lasting marriages. And see what has helped then weather the storm all along. Life is not a straight line graph.

One may attain financial heights today and fall tomorrow. One may be healthy today and be in a wheel chair tomorrow. When the ships are down, what will sustain your relationship is not status o. Money and status is good. But loyalty and love is more important. People are generally more selfish today. That's why most people will justify a guy leaving a lady who he dated because he has attained certain heights. Disloyalty is disloyalty no matter how you frame it.

Many men would sing about how heavenly their mothers are but if they were their fathers they would have left their mom when they made it.

Anyways.. Every man for himself. As for me.. I choose loyalty, morals, resilience, friendship, love, over any form of financial growth.

Be proud of the one you're with no matter how he/she is and see how others will respect your partner. The way you treat your pet is how others will treat it.

8 Likes

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by HEnemona(m): 5:44am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by xyz123456: 5:47am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:

Thank you Jare. Na oyinbo starts this mentality with their feminist ideology. Nobody useless. Definitely not a woman who stuck with you when you were poor. That's a precious woman. As a typical Africa man, I am not competing with my wife. And when I had very little she complimented me.
You guys always think getting money is the only problem in the world, any woman with you while you are poor is likely to stay with you even when you have another problem after becoming rich...
If you don't like her upgrade her with your money . Although this life is a race but me I see it as a relay for husband and wife. I owe huge part of my success after God to her. Just like my kids are both for us, likewise my money is for us. And she has never work before but I appreciate her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 18, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
I knew elder0001 was the same person as l0ol. Ive known this fact before but I just reconfirmed yesterday. he's also n0one, note their love for using zeros's in their names. I moda fuckin knew it! what a fuckn coward he is! I wonder how pocohantas/ antibrutus got mixed up with such a character. tueh!

I didn't even put that together, it makes sense... I believe you on the noone tag, and you're right on the 0 ting... I always knew elder was mad when he was activating female monikers forming feminist (really well can I add and I'm a fan) upsetgirl and others grin

Dude is a fruitloop grin grin grin
Re: Why Poor Guys Leave Their Longtime Girlfriends When They Become Rich by yinnyme(m): 5:50am On Apr 18, 2019
ANGELMARVE:
Absolute Nonsense.

Patience Jonathan was never a liability to GEJ, ask how GEJ political journey started and they will tell you Patience was instrumental.

I agree with you and the writer simply because its neither here or there, I have seen men who stuck with their women even when they were made and some who walked away for flimsy excuses.

The point is, relationships is an investment and we need to ensure we get even if we don't win. Develop yourself to increase your value.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Things Ladies Check In Men Before Marrying Them / 20 'flirting Signs' That A Girl Likes You / My Girlfriend Confessed That She Cheated On Me And Begged To Be Forgiven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.