Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,688 members, 7,801,983 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo (442 Views)

Air Force Officer Fights A Policeman Who Tried Extorting Bike Rider / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Air Force Officer And Policeman Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Plateau State.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo by HgsMediaPlus: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2019
A paramilitary officer attached to the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Unit (Task Force) has been suspended by the Agency for alleged misconduct of enriching himself through extortion.

The said officer, whose name was given as Ikuburuju Alex, allegedly committed the offence at Ikorodu, where he single-handedly billed and collected the sum of #30, 000 from the owner of an impounded vehicle.

Disclosing this development in a press statement, the Agency’s spokesman, Adebayo Taofiq, said the Task Force Chairman, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi, was irked by the officer’s gross misconduct whom, he said, took advantage of non-presence of his policemen in the area to perpetrate the act.

“On that fateful day, I was having a lecture with all my police officers at Bolade before the indicted paramilitary officer went and carried out the shady deal, knowing fully well that there would not be any police officer on ground at Ikorodu”, Egbeyemi said.

Bubble bust on the officer when the Agency stumbled on social media reports on the incident following which, investigation was conducted and found the story to be true.

According to Egbeyemi, “Investigations revealed that Ikuburuju truly negotiated and extorted the sum of N30,000 from the owner of an impounded vehicle who committed a traffic offence by plying the ‘BRT’ lane around Agric Bus-Stop in Ikorodu”, an action, he said, was disgraceful and did not justify the training, motivation as well as huge investment by the government to engender excellent performance of staff during the Agency’s operations.

“Lagos State government recently trained all paramilitary officers attached to the Agency on ‘Career Evaluation’ where they were taught how to be professional and civil in their dealings with members of the public”, Egbeyemi said, adding that the Agency would not tolerate indolence and indiscipline in any form.

The Chairman further added that any officer whose behaviour could tarnish the image of the Agency would be shown the way out.

He, however, urged members of the public to take it as an obligation to report to the any officer found misbehaving in the course of discharging his/her official duties to the Agency for appropriate sanction.

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/task-force-officer-suspended-over-n30k.html?m=1

Re: Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo by HgsMediaPlus: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 28, 2019
Thats naija....every where they meet themselves them go like use am to their advantage.

Even door openers and toilet boys.
Na so I go manya for one side. Piss wey I don dey hold for long don nearly comot na so toilet boy stand for road dey ask bros howfar. He no allow me enter first sef. As I see say e be like say him work no plenty na him make am dey ask na him I remove my bazooka for where he stand offload everything. That will give him enough to do. Nonsense
Re: Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo by GistersNG: 4:52am On Mar 28, 2019
cool
Re: Task Force Officer Suspended Over N30k Bribe In Lagos. Photo by TheTourist: 8:50am On Mar 28, 2019
Na today dem dey collect the money for that BRT lane corridor for Ikorodu?? If you mistakenly enter there you are a goner, be ready to part with at least 20k.

Speaking from experience grin

(1) (Reply)

Old Mama Was Caught Red Handed Picking Usedpants And Pads In Lagos / Journalist Attacked By Armed Robbers In Lagos (photos) / Man Cries Out After Losing 950,000 From Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.