Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (520 Views)

5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Should Stop Doing / Factors Bloggers Should Understand To Improve Blog Traffic. / 4 Things Bloggers Should Learn From Journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
Re: . by ninajilly: 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
Follow popular fitness and health bloggers, understand what they. Constant reading will help get dictions right. Make sure U are passionate about the niche you have chosen.
Try writing. The secret to being a good writer is continuous writing.
Re: . by lawrenceads(m): 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Hello Nairalanders,

please is not all about making money

I'm about to start a blog but I'm completely confused about the niche I will start with. First I'm thinking of starting with fitness and health niche because of its high cpc but I don't want to get frustrated because I don't know some certain health terminologies.

Secondly, I'm passionate about tutoring students, but then I don't know whether there's profit diving into educational niche.

please I want you guys to lead me. give me some useful tips that will help me.

Thanks.

Blogging is about passion sir.
firstly about the niche, let it be related to what you love doing most and don't even think about plagiarized content, write your content from your heart and use premium plugins if it is wordpress, then work hard for traffic first.
let adsense or earnings be your last concern or else, you might end up quiting.

secondly, blogging is about using money to get moneys, not just for income, don't blog for income.

1 Like

Re: . by czarina(f): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Hello Nairalanders,

please is not all about making money

I'm about to start a blog but I'm completely confused about the niche I will start with. First I'm thinking of starting with fitness and health niche because of its high cpc but I don't want to get frustrated because I don't know some certain health terminologies.

Secondly, I'm passionate about tutoring students, but then I don't know whether there's profit diving into educational niche.

please I want you guys to lead me. give me some useful tips that will help me.

Thanks.
Try as hard as you can to blog for passion. If you follow money, you'll dump the blog in no time (been there, done that).

And also for your sake, don't blog the Nigerian way or even make Nigerians your main target audience - which is one major reason you should focus on curating quality contents.

That's all I can say, plus, there are countless premium resources on YouTube and blogs like Neil Patel's, Ahrefs and Semrush. (the last two are tools but their blogs are rich in digital marketing strategies)

Update yourself.

Good luck.
Re: . by Bossjakande: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
czarina:
Try as hard as you can to blog for passion. If you follow money, you'll dump the blog in no time (been there, done that).

And also for your sake, don't blog the Nigerian way or even make Nigerians your main target audience - which is one major reason you should focus on curating quality contents.

That's all I can say, plus, there are countless premium resources on YouTube and blogs like Neil Patel's, Ahrefs and Semrush. (the last two are tools but their blogs are rich in digital marketing strategies)

Update yourself.

Good luck.
av been blogging for 3 years now most pple luv my blogs. a girl laveda even stole some of my blogs dear how can I make money from my blogs
Re: . by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2019
lawrenceads:

Blogging is about passion sir.
firstly about the niche, let it be related to what you love doing most and don't even think about plagiarized content, write your content from your heart and use premium plugins if it is wordpress, then work hard for traffic first.
let adsense or earnings be your last concern or else, you might end up quiting.

secondly, blogging is about using money to get moneys, not just for income, don't blog for income.

Alright. But how about educational niche? Is it a profitable niche?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2019
ninajilly:
Follow popular fitness and health bloggers, understand what they. Constant reading will help get dictions right. Make sure U are passionate about the niche you have chosen.
Try writing. The secret to being a good writer is continuous writing.

Hmm.... But I thought Google also ranks based on Expertise, Authority and trustworthy. Is it necessary for someone to dive into something that he/she Is not an expert. won't there be any effect?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
czarina:

Update yourself.

Good luck.

You see, having passion for something is a normal thing but then I'm also thinking of my pocket too. I'm thinking of investing into what I'm passionate about and in turn get something decent from it.

But please how can you know the CPC of a blog like online educational toturial niche?
Re: . by Cyberleets: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
If you think you will blog your way to the top of serp by just being passionate.... you are on a long thing!!

2 Likes

Re: . by czarina(f): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
FarFromAverage:

You see, having passion for something is a normal thing but then I'm also thinking of my pocket too. I'm thinking of investing into what I'm passionate about and in turn get something decent from it.

But please how can you know the CPC of a blog like online educational toturial niche?
Better get a side hustle. Blogging will not give you money immediately if that's what you're after.

On the last question; I have no idea.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2019
czarina:
Better get a side hustle. Blogging will not give you money immediately if that's what you're after.

On the last question; I have no idea.
grin Thanks

1 Like

Re: . by blessingchinny(f): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2019
Can someone put me through on how to get a traffic on my blog. Can't even get up to 30 visitors a day
Re: . by bedfordng(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
FarFromAverage:

in today's blogging, passion alone doesn't pay the bills. you need strategies and cash too.

but most new bloggers are still making the same mistake which is blogging for Adsense. you start asking for high CPC which in essence you mean high paying keyword for Adsense on educational blog. well, if you start with this idea, you might get frustrated in a short while.

lots of beginners thinks getting approved Adsense means cash. you may even sell the Adsense account when you get to know that Adsense is not as lots of bloggers painted it as of today's blogging.

this is why you now see lots of bloggers going into self clicking as the last option which will reduce chances of getting accepted by legit companies in the long run.

this is just the beginning of the end as in time to come, lots of bloggers will quit immediately they even started because by then, most of the legit companies will block Nigerians due to their fraudulent activities.

the effect is just getting started as more and more companies are requesting for lots of things before getting you approved. now Adsense requires both ID verification and address verification.

(1) (Reply)

. / #1 On Google In 7 Days / What Will Be My Own Profit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.