Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku (2245 Views)

Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / PDP Convention: Most South-east Delegates Voted Atiku –sources / "Go To Ghana, Go To Cameroon, Go To Gambia, You Will Be Proud Of The Igbos" Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by DeLinguaMan: 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) says the people of the South-East region are undeserving of any leadership position in the country having voted for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

This is coming few weeks after the 2019 general election and few months away from the new political dispensation expected to take off in June

The party's position on Ndigbo, Igbere TV reports, was revealed by its Deputy Spokesman, Yekini Nabena in a media chat with journalists on Thursday.

Igbere TV correspondent who covered the event quoted Nabena as saying that Ndigbo have never gotten what he described as “juicy positions” in the Nigerian politics because according to him, the Igbo people always played themselves out.

The party spokesman said the people of South-East are the most uneducated neophytes when it comes to “playing politics” in Nigeria.

According to him, the Ndigbo are fond of putting all their eggs in one basket.

He cited an ‘example’ where he said the South-East region rejected President Muhammadu Buhari and voted Atiku Abubakar of the PDP. Whereas, Buhari polled over 25 percent votes in 3 out of the 5 South-East states in 2019, Nebana claimed the region cast over 99.9 percent votes for Atiku.

Checks by Igbere TV also showed that In Abia state, Buhari defeated Atiku in all the 5 Local Government Areas of Abia North Senatorial district. APC also won the Senate seat and 2 out of the 3 House of Representatives seats in the area due to the influence and hard work of ex-Governor Orji Uzor Kalu for the ruling party, having come from the region.

“The people of South-East should be blamed for their predicaments because they don’t know how to play politics. They play politics like a one-way thing. They all voted for Atiku in the presidential election. So, now that Atiku lost, what's the way forward for the region?. They shouldn't wail if we fail to recognize them because over 99.9 percent of them followed Atiku.

“They should learn how politics is played especially at the national level. They should play 50-50. If this one didn’t work, the other can work,” Nabena added.

Nigerians React

Nabena’s statement has since been met with criticisms and diverse reactions from Nigerians online.

While some Nigerians on social media identified Buhari as ‘Tribalist’, others accused the APC of practicing sectional politics full of hatred and nepotism.

Here Are Some Comments Gathered By Igbere TV On Social Media

“It is unpatriotic to say that Igbos shot themselves on the leg by voting Atiku. It is undemocratic not to have choice. Even at home identical twins may not like the same thing. Igbos are Nigerians irrespective of who they voted for. Oshiomole himself started with Labour party before abandoning it.” - Oyejinde

“I don't c what positions have to do with with d voting pattern of Igbos in d last elections, It's not right to generalize. In Abia for instance, Orji kalu delivered 4 APC in his own little way.” - Michael

“APC should know that the Igbo man will always thrive no matter the condition. Sideline us, incapacitate us, come for our heads, we'll still find a way to survive, as far as the sun rises; our sons and daughters will be informed of the acts of this government, for reference purposes.” - Fizzy

“This is coming from a ruling party that suppose to unite Nigerians immediately elections are over. God, what is the sin of Nigerians that you have cursed us with this kind of leaders? So if a zone did not vote for you, it has stopped being part of the country?” - Collins

“Another beer parlour slowpoke speaking as a drunkered. Do we also blame Abia where Buhari won convincingly? And this bloody idiot is a party official. What a shame. Nigeria can never progress with this mind set.” - Gift

“Yoruba man with politics of one basket, what does that mean in democracy?” - Ojiofor

“Since Lawan said he will not mind spearheading a constitutional amendment for life presidency, they should also reflect it in their new constitution that any zone that does not give at least 50% votes to the ruling party should forget ministerial appointments since some idiots don't understand the meaning of inclusive governance but remain stuck on their skewed interpretation of 'winner takes all'” - Favour

“APC does not understand the meaning of unity. They play divisive politics and look for excuses. They may regret their actions soon. Are Igbos not Nigerians? Did some Igbo states not vote for APC in Presidential election? What is wrong with APC and sectional/vindictive behavior. I have never seen PDP accuse any tribe or section in this country since 1999.” - Jasmine

“US have told them to use this tenure to unite the country, they are inciting nepotism again, if u will marginalize them allow them to leave. Simple. APC govt is hopeless. One day Buhari and all the idiots supporting this evil will drink sniper” - Ogunjumo

“Smh! Same APC that said Ibo didn't have reps in NASS to make leaders. Now they've, same APC is giving another reason why they shouldn't be considered for a position bla bla bla. Lyk seriously?” - James

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/601750/shock-outrage-apc-moves-punish-igbos-says-99-9-voted-atiku/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 11:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
grin

But somehow, I see Loyalty from the south east. They have been voting a particular party since 1999

From Obasanjo, to YarAdua to Jonathan. All from the same party.

That's loyalty to me. And because they don't have any favors now, doesnt mean they won't in future tenures

11 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by stephleena(f): 11:15pm On Mar 28, 2019
Punish ke,, APC can only punish the political Judas, in Igbo land, like ROCHAS, and co not the entire Igbos..
We've no apologies to give..our unwavering loyalty never changes. And even if there's a re-run, we go still enter umbrella..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by oilPUSSY(f): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2019
Punish kwa ?.. For real are these people this daft ?

We all know people that will suffer this next level not Igbos.
The fact is that Igbos won't stop reminding Buhari his lapses because this is democracy. In fact in Nigeria today, once you speak against the injustice in this country be it shia Muslims crackdown or killing of Nothern Christians by herdsmen automatically they will tag you an Igbo man immediately even on facebook. Things that have nothing to do with Igbos. Its is not a bad thing anyways because zombies have indirectly turned Igbos to symbol of Justice and equity.

Ohaneze has told Buhari that they will reject him again if there is anything like third term.

When majority of afonjas were in opposition it was called political sophistication, now Igbos are "Politically foolish" for putting their eggs in one basket. Really ?

These clowns should fix their blackmailing game into their @$$.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by hisexcellency34: 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
This useless Igberetv and lies

7 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
I know Buhari, APC will punish the Igbos for this, hahahahahahahaha dreams come true. This just the beginning oo wailers una don enter hot oil. Where is that Atikulooted now? Let him come and save you people lets see. Whether or whether not Sai buhari till 2023, APC till the Second coming of JESUS christ. PDP chief of riggers is dead in Nigeria.

#NigeriaHaveDecided
#NextLevelConfirmed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Ziggylady(f): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2019
The only people punished are charlatans and traitors like Ngige,Orji Uzor Kalu,Okoroawusa and co crying like hungry Chihuahuas now about being "side-lined cos they were warned about APC..but they were too selfish to listen..

I do not give a toss about NASS leadership or APC and will vote PDP a million times over APC if given the opportunity again.

11 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by slivertongue: 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2019
dey sud punish them very well
Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by kufre2010: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
This is the most tribalistic, divisive administration I ever witness in my entire life.
God how did you allow this type of tribalistic person as Buhari to be in charge multi tribal nation like Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by deji17: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
The Igbos have started with their blackmail cry again grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2019
deji17:
The Igbos have started with their blackmail cry again grin grin grin

Nabena is from Enugu or Anambra?

Remind me please grin

5 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
APC itself is very sick!!!

Are they even sure of their political standing talk more of punishing a tribe far bigger than them grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by deji17: 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
izzou:

Nabena is from Enugu or Anambra?

Remind me please grin
No, he s from Abakaliki, Ebonyi state grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
deji17:

No, he s from Abakaliki, Ebonyi state grin grin grin grin

I just wanted to show you how deluded and tribalistic you are, at the same time. That's a record grin

Nabena stated a valid point. Politically, nothing should go to them because they didn't contribute to the victory. Did you see any PDP senator from the east begging for SP or DSP?

When I see some of your threads, I actually think you think. But of course, I'm wrong grin

The Igbos don't deserve anything. How does that stop the sun from shining tomorrow, or cancel the newly signed minimum wage.

Stop acting petty. Nobody is dragging your tribe with you. Chill grin

9 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by deji17: 12:01am On Mar 29, 2019
izzou:

I just wanted to show you how deluded and tribalistic you are, at the same time. That's a record grin

Nabena stated a valid point. Politically, nothing should go to them because they didn't contribute to the victory. Did you see any PDP senator from the east begging for SP or DSP?

When I see some of your threads, I actually think you think. But of course, I'm wrong grin

The Igbos don't deserve anything. How does that stop the sun from shining tomorrow, or cancel the newly signed minimum wage.

Stop acting petty. Nobody is dragging your tribe with you. Chill grin

I dont need any showing from you. I also want to show you how hopeless and a cry cry baby you are with your Egbere TV Crying and drawing attention to your useless self and hoping to blackmail anybody. It will not work. Cry from now till tomorrow everyone knows that you are a useless hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 12:08am On Mar 29, 2019
deji17:

I dont need any showing from you. I also want to show you how hopeless and a cry cry baby you are with your Egbere TV Crying and drawing attention to your useless self and hoping to blackmail anybody. It will not work. Cry from now till tomorrow everyone knows that you are a useless hypocrite.

Who made the statement? Nabena

Is Nabena from the South East? No

Why are you now behaving petty? Did any Igbo senator ask for the Senate president's seat? Maybe you should check the meaning of an hypocrite before you call people that

Everyone should love his own. There's nothing wrong if a Deji decides to support Osibanjo. But be matured about it. Nobody is crying for the position. Obi and Fashola met recently. Stop being a baby when it comes to politics. Your party won

And like I said, nobody is dragging your tribe with you. Stop acting defensive

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by deji17: 12:15am On Mar 29, 2019
izzou:

Who made the statement? Nabena

Is Nabena from the South East? No

Why are you now behaving petty? Did any Igbo senator ask for the Senate president's seat? Maybe you should check the meaning of an hypocrite before you call people that

Everyone should love his own. There's nothing wrong if a Deji decides to support Osibanjo. But be matured about it. Nobody is crying for the position. Obi and Fashola met recently. Stop being a baby when it comes to politics. Your party won

And like I said, nobody is dragging your tribe with you. Stop acting defensive

Hey man cool down... Orji Kalu would like to be Senate President or Deputy and so are other SE Senators. If Ekweremadu has his ways, he will not mind to repeat what he did in 2015. So, this is politics and dont get emotional about it.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 12:29am On Mar 29, 2019
deji17:

Hey man cool down... Orji Kalu would like to be Senate President or Deputy and so are other SE Senators. If Ekweremadu has his ways, he will not mind to repeat what he did in 2015. So, this is politics and dont get emotional about it.

Apart from Orji that asked for the Deputy Senate President, not Senate president, which other Igbo senator made a statement about this?

Ekweremadu knew it was over when Saraki lost.

I'm not emotional about it. But let's not put people on the edge by talking ill about anyone's tribe.

The Igbos lost the moment Atiku lost. And they have moved on. Statements like "they are crying and wailing" is absolutely unnecessary

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by deji17: 12:41am On Mar 29, 2019
izzou:

Apart from Orji that asked for the Deputy Senate President, not Senate president, which other Igbo senator made a statement about this?

Ekweremadu knew it was over when Saraki lost.

I'm not emotional about it. But let's not put people on the edge by talking ill about anyone's tribe.

The Igbos lost the moment Atiku lost. And they have moved on. Statements like "they are crying and wailing" is absolutely unnecessary

Remember this whole Brouhaha is about a statement credited to Nabena nau who is also just one individual. But Egbere TV has now amplified it. People understands the game..

1 Like

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by izzou(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2019
deji17:

Remember this whole Brouhaha is about a statement credited to Nabena nau who is also just one individual. But Egbere TV has now amplified it. People understands the game..

Anybody could have amplified it. It's a media outfit for heaven's sake.

The question is what will people like us do with it. Do we insult ourselves because of it? Or point out lapses and profer ways to move on?

The Igbos lost out. It's indisputable. But let's not make it look like the whole tribe is an enemy of progress for supporting someone else. Everyone gets to lose at some point on their journey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by nwanyionitsha: 1:05am On Mar 29, 2019
LordviccoDaGuru:
I know Buhari, APC will punish the Igbos for this, hahahahahahahaha dreams come true. This just the beginning oo wailers una don enter hot oil. Where is that Atikulooted now? Let him come and save you people lets see. Whether or whether not Sai buhari till 2023, APC till the Second coming of JESUS christ. PDP chief of riggers is dead in Nigeria.

#NigeriaHaveDecided
#NextLevelConfirmed
Who cares. You are the one lamenting here.
Carry the whole positions na.
Let's go to any embassy let's see how they treat you differently from an igbo person.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 29, 2019
I support every thing meted out on igbos. Next time they won't play politics of hatred. God bless Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by RTSC: 3:27am On Mar 29, 2019
We will remind them in 2023 as usual.
They will keep losing the south.

In the meantime, pdp is matching forward in the north.

7 Likes

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 29, 2019
Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:19am On Mar 29, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Who cares. You are the one lamenting here.
Carry the whole positions na.
Let's go to any embassy let's see how they treat you differently from an igbo person.

You people are suppose to be treated as slaves in this country. Don worry it has just started.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 29, 2019
Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by yetunsbay(m): 4:24am On Mar 29, 2019
kufre2010:
This is the most tribalistic, divisive administration I ever witness in my entire life.
God how did you allow this type of tribalistic person as Buhari to be in charge multi tribal nation like Nigeria
next time advice the Igbos to play their cards well
Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Bighead9: 5:22am On Mar 29, 2019
This is the best news ever. The South East can not eat their Cakes and have it.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by Chukazu: 5:41am On Mar 29, 2019
99.9% votes for Atiku means APC rigged the election?
That means Buhari didn't get mandatory 25% in South East to become president?
Re: Outrage As APC Moves To Punish Igbos, Says 99.9% Voted Atiku by AmadiAba: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Shame to APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

9th National Assembly: The Future In Bleakness By Osobu Suuru Alexander / Ilicit Drugs Make Herdsmen Invade Farms Destroy Crops NDLEA Boss Abdallah Claims / No Body Should Attack Igbos And Non Yoruba In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.