Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 (46307 Views)

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf / The World's Ten Best Airports For 2019 / 5 Best Airports In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by tstx(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2019
Only four African airports are ranked among the World’s Best Airport in 2019, according to UK-based international air transport rating agency, Skytrax.

Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.

The UK-based international air transport rating agency gave Singapore’s Changi Airport the top prize for the seventh consecutive year. This marks another clean sweep for the Southeast Asian city-state, as Changi Airport-based Singapore Airlines is the current Skytrax airline of the year.

Once again, Asia dominated the top of end of the rankings, taking the top six spots. European airports also performed well taking, seven of the top 15 spots. No airports from North America, South America, Australia, or Africa made it into the top 15.

Only four African airports are ranked among the World’s Best Airport in 2019, according to UK-based international air transport rating agency, Skytrax.

The airports are Cape Town airport, Durban airport, Johannesburg airport in South Africa and Mauritius airport.

Here’s a closer look at the other airports that made it to the top of the prestigious Skytrax list:

4. Mauritius SSR International Airport, Mauritius
World Ranking: 94

3. Johannesburg International Airport, Johannesburg
World Ranking: 33

2. Durban International Airport, South Africa
World Ranking: 29

1. Cape Town Airport, South Africa
World rank: 22

The World’s Top 10 Airports of 2019
1. Singapore Changi Airport
2. Tokyo Haneda International Airport
3. Incheon International Airport
4. Hamad International Airport
5. Hong Kong International Airport
6. Chubu Centrair International Airport
7. Munich Airport
8. London Heathrow Airport
9. Narita International Airport
10. Zurich Airport

Source: https://listwand.com/best-airport-africa-2019/

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by AleAirHub(m): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2019
If this post don't make front page eh grin

So i made 1st to comment twice yesterday.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

For your china , hong kong & Usa procurement visit ; [url]aleaircargo.com[/url]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Harrymig1(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2019
Where's MMIA on the list?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 8:28am On Mar 29, 2019
MM1 ke, we are talking about Airports you are asking where is MM1? MM1 is like a car park when compared to the Airports listed above, is like comparing Magadishu or Bujumbura to Washington DC especially that of Singapore, oh my God that Airport is out of this world, imagine an Airport with a Cinema and flour garden you will be wowed by it, you should visit if you can. And their Airline is rated as number one in the world as well. Those guys want to be top at everything lol and they have the fastest internet in the world as well.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 29, 2019
@Op, were u expecting Nigerian airport to be included?

C'mon...We all knw any of our airports can't b there nahhh.

Mayb in another 50yrs sha... Let's just keep hope alive.

8 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by tstx(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2019
sherylbakky:
@Op, were u expecting Nigerian airport to be included?

C'mon...We all knw any of our airports can't b there nahhh.

Mayb in another 50yrs sha...

50 years??. You'd be surprised...

4 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Blessed3434(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2019
Where Azikiwe International Airport?, Am sure the judges have never visited the airport.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by sirqeeboi(m): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2019
We no get any shame for this country..
Them no get shame also

Shey Nigeria can still be better?

I know say we don reach our peak ,2019 for DAT matter
How many years remain for earth to end sef
Common light since 1960 we not get...

if u still get hope..we should start giving them a job to do for the 4years
1 We beg just do light for this your tenure only.
2 Another tenure you just construct only road

Cos i dont think all their heads can do more than one thing..

Haha for 2019 undecided undecided

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2019
No shame at all it will be surprising to know that Singapore that tops the list got her independence in 1965, and Singapore is among 1st World countries, there are 31 1st World countries in the world and non is an African country, how can Nigeria still be battling with the issue of Electricity since 1960 of indepence. How can we call ourselves giant of Africa while ordinary electricity is still a rocket science, our government are very useless to us, they dont give us electricity, water, health, good road networks, Education etc. God gave Nigeria everything except sense to manage it.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2019
tstx:

50 years??. You'd be surprised...
That?
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by tstx(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2019
sherylbakky:
That?
Nigeria won't take that long to get it right...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2019
tstx:

Nigeria won't take that long to get it right...
I laugh in Spanish

13 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nig4Greatness: 11:34am On Mar 29, 2019
What is Heathrow airport doing on that list??. Or is it because the research was done by UK based agency??.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ain't surprised Bole Intl Airport aint on the list. That airport is chaotic! I missed my connecting flight once.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by AngelicBeing: 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
good4all40:
No shame at all it will be surprising to know that Singapore that tops the list got her independence in 1965, and Singapore is among 1st World countries, there are 31 1st World countries in the world and non is an African country, how can Nigeria still be battling with the issue of Electricity since 1960 of indepence. How can we call ourselves giant of Nigeria while ordinary electricity is still a rocket science, our government are very useless to us, they dont give us electricity, water, health, good road networks, Education etc. God gave Nigeria everything except sense to manage it.
Hian, for saying God didn’t give Nigeria sense to manage her resources, I will send your details to Buhari and you will be arrested in the next 24hours grin, kidding with you though, @topic, I can't agree with you less.

l read an article yesterday about the UAE, the Sovereign wealth fund of ABU DAHBI alone is 875 billion dollars and that of Nigeria is 2.15 billion dollars, Nigeria is about 200 million in population the UAE is about 9.5 million, local citizens is about 1.5 million while foreign expat is around 8 million.

Nigeria, the UAE and several GCC countries all have oil and gas, one is smart/ intelligent with pragmatic, visionary and caring leaders while the other one has a burukutu / Suya / cow rearing president ruling the country with 14th century brain and the results is what you see all over the country = the headquarters of poverty in the world shocked

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by tstx(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, for saying God didn’t give Nigeria sense to manage her resources, I will send your details to Buhari and you will be arrested in the next 24hours grin, kidding with you though, @topic, I can't agree with you less.

l read an article yesterday about the UAE, the Sovereign wealth fund of ABU DAHBI alone is 875 billion dollars and that of Nigeria is 2.15 billion dollars, Nigeria is about 200 million in population the UAE is about 9.5 million, local citizens is about 1.5 million while foreign expat is around 8 million, Nigeria and the UAE and several GCC countries all have oil and gas, one is smart/ intelligent with pragmatic and caring leaders while the other one has a burukutu / Suya / cow rearing president ruling the country with 14 century brain and the results is what you see all over the country = the headquarters of poverty shocked

Enlightening

6 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
AngelicBeing:

l read an article yesterday about the UAE, the Sovereign wealth fund of ABU DAHBI alone is 875 billion dollars and that of Nigeria is 2.15 billion dollars, Nigeria is about 200 million in population the UAE is about 9.5 million, local citizens is about 1.5 million while foreign expat is around 8 million.

Nigeria, the UAE and several GCC countries all have oil and gas, one is smart/ intelligent with pragmatic, visionary and caring leaders while the other one has a burukutu / Suya / cow rearing president ruling the country with 14th century brain and the results is what you see all over the country = the headquarters of poverty in the world shocked

My brother it saddens me tremendously that with all the mountainous natural resources we have in this country, we are still at this stage. As recently as1990 Dubai was hugely a desert area but look at the mighty transformation Dubai and the whole of UAE experienced during this short period of time, that is what is called practical Transformation. I am presently in Singapore and since l have been here l have not experienced a light out not for one second let alone a minute, they don't interrupt electricity here at all if you are a Nigerian like me, you might not get used to it very quickly.

Singapore is a city state, there are only three city states in the world the other two being Monaco and Vatican City, Singapore is extremely beautiful, modern and entirely urban in fact its a paradise on earth and City in a Garden.

Singapore is among the top 5 richest countries in the world by GDP. Imagine the whole country looking like Maitama or Banana Island that is Singapore for you, Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the World to me personally l will rate Hong-Kong over Singapore any day that place is way expensive.

Someone will argue that it is because of the size of the country that's why it is easy for the Quick transformation, though Singapore is the number 20th on the list of the smallest counties in the world. The vision of their first Prime Minister LKY was so strong that if Singapore were bigger than this he will transform it even if he takes him 50 years to do, and if he can not continue due to death, other leaders will continue. did you know the reason while the Changi Airport in Singapore has been maintaining the number 1 spot for 7 years consecutively, it is because they don't stop to make the airport looks great every year, Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, you can walk on the streets 3am here without any fear of being killed or harrased.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by MrLankeeee(m): 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
good4all40:

My brother it saddens me tremendously that with all the mountainous natural resources we have in this country, we are still at this stage. As recently as1990 Dubai was hugely a desert area but look at the mighty transformation Dubai and the whole of UAE experienced during this short period of time, that is what is called practical Transformation. I am presently in Singapore and since l have been here l have not experienced a light out not for one second let alone a minute, they don't interrupt electricity here at all if you are a Nigerian like me, you might not get used to it very quickly.

Singapore is a city state, there are only three city states in the world the other two being Monaco and Vatican City, Singapore is extremely beautiful, modern and entirely urban in fact its a paradise on earth and City in a Garden.

Singapore is among the top 5 richest countries in the world by GDP. Imagine the whole country looking like Maitama or Banana Island that is Singapore for you, Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the World to me personally l will rate Hong-Kong over Singapore any day that place is way expensive.

Someone will argue that it is because of the size of the country that's why it is easy for the Quick transformation, though Singapore is the number 20th on the list of the smallest counties in the world. The vision of their first Prime Minister LKY was so strong that if Singapore was bigger than this he will transform it even if he takes him 50 years to do, and if he can not continue due to death other leaders will continue, did you know the reason while the Changi Airport in Singapore has been maintaining the number 1 spot for 7 years consecutively, it is because they don't stop to make the airport looks great every year, Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, you can walk on the streets 3am here without any fear of being killed or harrased.

If Nigeria was a human being and you tell him he will be great again guess what he will say "abeg comot hear nor dey put lie for my head"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Amuocha: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
But where is lalasticlala sef
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Predstan: 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
good4all40:
MM1 ke, we are talking about Airports you are asking where is MM1? MM1 is like a car park when compared to the Airports listed above, or comparing Magadishu or Bujumbura to Washington DC especially that of Singapore, oh my God that Airport is out of this world, imagine an Airport with a Cinema and flour garden you will be wowed by it, you should visit if you can. And their Airline is rated as number one in the world as well. Those guys want to be top at everything lol and they have the fastest internet in the world as well.

Bujumbura for Burundi. Dat one na airport? E b like car park jare.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by AngelicBeing: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
good4all40:

Someone will argue that it is because of the size of the country that's why it is easy for the Quick transformation, though Singapore is the number 20th on the list of the smallest counties in the world. The vision of their first Prime Minister LKY was so strong that if Singapore was bigger than this he will transform it even if he takes him 50 years to do, and if he can not continue due to death other leaders will continue, did you know the reason while the Changi Airport in Singapore has been maintaining the number 1 spot for 7 years consecutively, it is because they don't stop to make the airport looks great every year, Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, you can walk on the streets 3am here without any fear of being killed or harrased.
l agree with you, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2019
Chai
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
Harrymig1:
Where's MMIA on the list?
E reach Katoka Airport?
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Starboytwo(m): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2019
We nor dey dey this kain thing...
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
This list is incomplete without our muritala Mohammed airport ikeja
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by Okeyjesus(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
Where Is Nigeria biko?
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by good4all40: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
Predstan:

Bujumbura for Burundi. Dat one na airport? E b like car park jare.

Yes we are on the same page my brother, l mean comparing any of those Airports to MM1 is like comparing Bujumbura to Washington DC the difference is so clear.
Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by realstars: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
What of victor Atta international air porte. In Akwa ibom state of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by drlateef: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2019
Charles du Guille airport of Paris is better than most of them, at least better than Heathrow airport.

2 Likes

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by kjhova(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
Notice how when rankings of the biggest, brightest, most innovative things are being done these days, America is gradually slipping down the ladder.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 by EdiAbali: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
good4all40:
MM1 ke, we are talking about Airports you are asking where is MM1? MM1 is like a car park when compared to the Airports listed above, or comparing Magadishu or Bujumbura to Washington DC especially that of Singapore, oh my God that Airport is out of this world, imagine an Airport with a Cinema and flour garden you will be wowed by it, you should visit if you can. And their Airline is rated as number one in the world as well. Those guys want to be top at everything lol and they have the fastest internet in the world as well.

South Korea have the fastest internet in the world

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Climbs Onto Wing Of Airplane Before Takeoff In Las Vegas / NAF Aircraft Crashes In Kaduna / Swimmers Circled By White Shark Leaving Them Trapped In Australia (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.