Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine (32299 Views)

How To Get Financial Help From Philanthropists Based In Nigeria And Abroad / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by BleedingPen: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
The Top10 magazine, Nigeria’s foremost monthly publication has released the list of Nigeria’s top 10 philanthropists.

The lists sighted by Igbere TV on Friday, featured under the title: “Top 10 Philanthropists behind Nigeria’s Largest Private Foundations”.

See full list as obtained by Igbere TV.

Top on the list are:-

1. Aliko Dangote (founder of Aliko Dangote Foundation);
2. Rochas Okorocha (founder of Rochas Foundation);
3. Tony Elumelu (founder of Tony Elumelu Foundation);
4. Jim Ovia (founder of Jim Ovia Foundation); and,
5. Theophilus Y. Danjuma (founder of TY Danjuma Foundation).
Others are;

6. Emeka Offor (founder of Sir Emeka Offor Foundation);
7. Oba Otudeko (founder of Oba Otudeko Foundation);
8. Folorunso Alakija (founder of Rose of Sharon Foundation);
9. Muhammadu Indimi (founder of Mohammadu Indimi Foundation); and,
10. Subomi Michael Balogun (founder of Otunba Tunwase Foundation).

Explaining the criteria for selection of the top 10, Mr Tony Iji, publisher of The Top10 Magazine said the magazine considered the size of their foundations, track record of activities, volume of interventions, strategic importance of areas of focus and evidence of impact created in the society by their foundations.

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/601903/dangote-others-named-nigerias-top-10-philanthropists-2-will-shock/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Unlimitk(m): 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
A list compiled by Igbos youths for Igbos website will surely have Igbos dominating

Bring me a foreign source before I believe something written by an aba youth

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by filleSouriante(f): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
The guy above me, Return my FTC to me NOW!!! sad smiley

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Unlimitk:
A list compiled by Igbos youths for Igbos website will surely have Igbos dominating

Hmmm

Na wao

Lugard made a big mistake joining us with empty headed tribalists

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Sweetcollins: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Okorocha used to be a good philanthropist after allegedly snapping pictures of impoverished African children and sending to UNICEF for millions of dollars then. However, he helped so many people in life unlike most of our today yahoo boys, who end up like the prodigal son squandering their money on wine and women only.
Don't you know, that even though that money was obtained by false pretence ,if used to help the poor charitably, it might save you on the last day...

JUST THINKING LOUD
IF U DEY VEX PLS TAKE HEART

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Avedonn: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Giving and shearing is the easiest way to access God's blessing.

Dangote, Jim ovia, Tony Elumelu and Rochas are the only foundation that has impacted and keep impacting on the lives of millions of Nigerians. Especially Rochas foundation. As crazy as the man may appear to be, he has been impacting the lives of less privilege.

Rochas has built schools that gives children from poor background a quality education in most part of the country.

The man has a good heart but i just don't know what's happening to him since he became a governor.

15 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by FIRDAUS3(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
Get affordable properties from Us
Call and whastapp 08033964348
#RealEstate# #Building# #Land# #Comfort# #Health# #Wealth# #Cashready# #Buy# #Rent# #Sell# #Deal#
or Visit our Website
http://www.triplehrealtor.com/for_rent.php
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Nobeluscabral: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Okay they said igbos art 5 percent and they are irrelevant in the country but when it comes to any good things happening within the country or beyond the igbos are always leading.

They said they arrg useless in Nigeria yet they're finding it hard to let them go.

I'm not igbo but i admire that tribe alot..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by quincyshakur(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
I no see my Papa name for there oooh an my papa get foundation for village cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Donbosco46: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Rochas be second Mr ibelibelizm.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by conquerorsegun(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Foundation for person wey Sabi person

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by muystoy(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
lipsrsealed :
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Hedonisst: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nonsense. It's not by having stupid 'foundations' where any purported donations are routed back to the owner, and whatever is left is frittered away on Admin costs and overheads, before only crumbs get to the real downtrodden. Go to top hotels and see idiots lounging and squandering money, claiming to work for this or that NGO. I'm always annoyed to see that. NGO and you're eating money on comfort luxury and lifestyle? What gets to the needy then?

The number one philanthropist in Nigeria is Arthur Eze. His brand of DIRECT philanthropy is unrivalled in Nigeria. Perhaps only the late MKO Abiola is comparable.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by EdmundChidera(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
I can't see ikeoha foundation by ike ekweremmadu
This is incomplete without it
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by ybman: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
Has anyone/relatives/friends of urs benefited from all dis foundation.... Just asking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by excomarow(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
[b]OP, Why is my name missing on that list [b]
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by KayCee92(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
Tony Elumelu should be number one on that list....He has no business being number two, give it to the man, he is most deserving of the spot

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by legalwealth(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Where is T.B Joshua?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by timsbee(f): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Can they help me out with my tuition fee.

D hustling is too hard and no longer yielding.

Can anyone link me up with someone that can help.
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Sirjamo: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Unlimitk:

Must you view everything through the prism of tribalism?

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by poshbrave(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
very soon my humble foundation will top d list, I celebrate good work toward humanity

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by cosmatika(m): 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by hisexcellency34: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Take it or leave it, Gbenga Olawepo- Hashim is one of the greatest living philanthropists in Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Monaco2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
So dey must add their name to the foundation?!? Person dey drag down foundation with them
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by zlantanfan: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
maybachmusic:

Hmmm

Na wao

Lugard made a big mistake joining us with empty headed tribalists
hate to admit igbere blog is synonymous with controversial crap.

They seem to be obsessed with those billionaires when some pastors are more philanthropists than some names their.

No be by billionaire propaganda foundation, they rate aliko first cos he is highest when elumelu gives more than him
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by omogerohprecious(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
KayCee92:
Tony Elumelu should be number one on that list....He has no business being number two, give it to the man, he is most deserving of the spot
I am surprised to see that he's number 3 on the list
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by ishawlar: 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Na only tony elumelu foundation dey active. All the rest na propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by alert01(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Why am I not there? Cheating everywhere.

John Myk ( Founder of MYK Foundation).....That is me
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by nwakibie3(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Rochas is a fraudster
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Jpreyz(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
The list isn't complete without KBK foundation. That guy dey try no be small.
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by Bonebreaker(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
my name should be at the top of the list nw all dis people have is foundations me i have a complete house
Re: Top 10 Philanthropists In Nigeria By Top10 Magazine by SmartPolician: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
EdmundChidera:
I can't see ikeoha foundation by ike ekweremmadu
This is incomplete without it

Ikeoha Foundation gives out peanuts grin

Those names give out millions of dollars in charity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Foil Attack On Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Download Free Forex Ea/robots Free With Successful Backtest / Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.