Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:48 PM

Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. (44178 Views)

Malaria Eradication: Ned Nwoko Meets DSP Omo-Agege, Others For Malaria Agency / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package / Court Sacks Omo-Agege, Great Ogboru, Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Ayed44: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
The Court of Appeal, sitting in Benin, the Edo State capital, has struck out appeals by Senator Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Waive, seeking to challenge the judgement of the Federal High Court, Asaba, which nullified their elections.

Recalls that Senator Omo-Agege and Rev. Waive emerged as the candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 general elections from the Prophet Jones Erue-led faction of the party.

However, Justice Toyin Adegoke of Asaba Federal High Court, in her ruling in the case filed by the factional chairman of APC in Delta, Cyril Ogodo, in suit number FA/ASA/CS/76/2018 declared as null, void and of no effect any and every action purportedly taken, initiated or carried out by Erue, as chairman of APC in the state.

The court declared the plaintiff, Ogodo, as the authentic chairman of the main opposition party in the state.

Dissatisfied, Senator Omo-Agege and Rev. Waive filed an appeal against the ruling.

However, in the Friday ruling, the Appeal Court dismissed their applications against the judgment for lack of merit and awarded a fine N300,000 each against the applicants.

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/appeal-court-upholds-judgement-nullifying-senator-omo-agege-candidacies-208139

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by jchioma: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
He deserved what came to him. Omo Agege is a truant and a thug who desecrated the national assembly chambers in desperation for power with support from Buhari.

May the same fate befall Mr. "Integrity".

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by zeromeridian: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
I am beginning to love our Judiciary
Omo agege bread is a thurg and deserves not to be in the hallowed chamber.

Thanks to the undertaker Oshomo ole

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Davash222(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hahahaha. I thought Omo Surulere is our next Senate president

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Onnoghen never come judiciary they make sense, na him go help us send Buhari back..

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by jchioma: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2019
cheesy

What is good for Amori is good for Agege.

But i know that stubborn Omo Agege nor go gree o!

I foresee this case going up to the Supreme court.

18 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Mystick: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
Someone was busy giving guide lines on how a particular person's loyalists will not be allowed to lead them, not even knowing that he will not be in the hallowed chamber himself.
O yes, let Akpabio's fate be yours.
Zamfara own loading.
Maybe the Judiciary will be the one to finally clean up the APC mess.

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Earlystar698(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2019
Omo Ogege will be like

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by seanfer(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
jchioma:
cheesy

What is good for Amori is good for Agege.

But i know that stubborn Omo Agege nor go gree o!

I foresee this case going up to the Supreme court.

I’m sure before the end of next week the case will be listed at the Supreme Court

15 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by ChristianNorth: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
In less than a month, this man's political career will be buried like Akpabio own.

Onnoghen dey leave and the judiciary come the make us proud like this. The only supporter of that sharia court judge has been made Emir of Lafia.

Tanko is now an orphan

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by jlinkd78(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
The protagonist in chief for d Executive yto decide headship of d legislative arm. It is instructive to remember that INEC is yet to give all d Delta APC winners their certificate of return

7 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Bigii(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
Chai

Our deputy senate fulesident?? grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by dunkem21(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
They stole his MAIZE grin

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Yorubaskullmine: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
Very good

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by realstars: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
Medicine after dead
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 29, 2019
Very lucrative. Oshomole hates you all

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Edojoma(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin Ho Ho Ho,, music to my ears

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by cr7lomo: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Them don chop Omo Agege like hot Agege bread

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Ayed44: 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
cr7lomo:
Them don chop Omo Agege like hot Agege bread
Lol

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Runaway: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
One by one them done dey go....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Cantonese: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ogboru and Omo Agege ought to have remained with the labour party which gave Omo Agege the senatorial seat. The courts have already told us that some of these jugdements should serve as lessons to the politicians whose excesses must be contained. The two men tried to hijack the party in Delta state and their failed attempt cost APC a lot of votes in Delta state.

Omo Agege I am sure has his next move in the 9th senate but as it stands he will not set his foot in the hallowed chamber when his tenure expires. His plans against Saraki have failed. Just like Akpabio and Saraki he will stay back at home and wait until 2023. Meanwhile his name now will be "had I known".

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by dokyOloye: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ghen ghen.
Judiciary on the rebound.
If you play basketball, you'll know.

15 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by DAVEZONIGLTD: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
Peace in Nigeria.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Ayobami7(m): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2019
好的

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Excelboi(m): 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2019
This one don buy market wey pass am. This court are on a revenge against anything APC... From Osun APC governor sack to Senator APC sack.... grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by doctokwus: 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
Don't know btw Omo Agege's loss and Akpabio the one that is giving one most joy.
2 thugs losing out is joy unquantifiable.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Amuocha: 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Great and waiting for the sack of Muhammadu Buhari

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Devilhimself: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
grin
so na lai this agege man take comot senate

Oshiomole wehdon sir grin

saraki right now grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by bishopkay: 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
The maze thief is taking light tinz Hahahaha!

It's unfortunate the runner up won't still be anything better but Omo agege has to be put to the ground! grin grin

Useless thug useless party

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by Ayed44: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2019
Truth.
Cantonese:
Ogboru and Omo Agege ought to have remained with the labour party which gave Omo Agege the senatorial seat. The courts have already told us that some of these jugdements should serve as lessons to the politicians whose excesses must be contained. The two men tried to hijack the party in Delta state and their failed attempt cost APC a lot of votes in Delta state.

Omo Agege I am sure has his next move in the 9th senate but as it stands he will not set his foot in the hallowed chamber when his tenure expires. His plans against Saraki have failed. Just like Akpabio and Saraki he will stay back at home and wait until 2023. Meanwhile his name now will be "had I known".

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. by deboysben(m): 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lol Whom God wants to destroy

Dey first make him a maze thug grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola / Tinubu Speaks On Plot To Impeach Buhari By National Assembly Members / Buhari Rejects Rolls Royce In London-the Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.