Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos (54972 Views)

How Ambode Is Fixing The Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Opinion: Ambode Is Only Left With His Wife By Muhammad Malumfashi / Aso Rock Insists Ambode Is Lagos APC Candidate Against Tinubu's Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2019
AutoReportNG:
A verse in popular hymn says, Fading away like the stars of the morning, Losing their light in the glorious sun- thus would we pass from the earth and its toiling, Only remembered by what we have done.

We know this hymn is mostly sung at funerals and when they are doing set-forth for friends, colleagues or people who have retired in active service. No matter how far we are in a position, one day, we will leave and our works will be remembered as either good or bad.

Just as the popular saying goes, what has a beginning will surely come to a logical end one day. Gradually the days are drawing closer, in a twinkling of an eye, in exactly 2 months from now, the baton of leadership will change hands, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode will cease to be the executive governor of Lagos but his works, ideas, and contribution in making Lagos a mega-city will forever linger on for ages.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-9Y-D7uAgREU/XJ45sZOcXII/AAAAAAAAZyU/LZunk_Gr6UAdp9X-v35YwCyjb3Ljj2K9ACLcBGAs/s1600/54430321_10215987482351344_6184067304905506816_n.jpg[/img]

Part of Gov. Ambode's legacy is the Airport Road. The Airport Road used to be a nightmare to all road users, it was so bad that Ambode has to take permission from the Federal Government to rebuild this road, according to him, first impression matters, those coming to Lagos for the first time pass through this route all the way to Oshodi, what impression are we giving them if we can not build a road leading to the airport.

The road construction started 2 years ago, though the work was meant to have been completed since October last year we sensed its due to the political tussle in the state. According to a post by Tony Nwajei who gives a first-hand reportage of the site...

AMBODE IS THE MAN!
I was taking someone back to Murtala Muhammed International Airport yesterday but she stayed glued to the on-going Oshodi/Airport road construction to the extent that she couldn’t help but ask if the projects is FG’s because of the gigantic size and I responded that it is Ambode’s led Lagos Government project. That moment I noticed she was stunned and she quickly adds that If a Governor could do this much and still could not get another chance to do more then something is wrong somewhere!

If you understand the relevance of this road to the former Nation’s capital or have plied this route in time past you will understand her interest on that road.

Irrespective of the prism you view him, Ambode remains No 1 performing governor till date considering the uncountable people-centered projects currently on-going across the nook and crannies of the state.

Despite the fact that he will be vacating Alausa Government House come May 29th, he is one governor Lagosians and Nigerians will not forget in a hurry!

I pray the incoming governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu takes the baton firmly from him and ensures it never drop.

From AutoReportNG, we say a special shout-out to this silent trailblazer.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-paH7Zjx616o/XJ45sRXdn8I/AAAAAAAAZyY/hnkff38VGTMw_z7IyJ1CyAMyL2aouY7bgCLcBGAs/s1600/54436960_10215987489711528_7871759843281862656_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-lX55aiEtUcw/XJ45sdQmM8I/AAAAAAAAZyc/M5Bli2hlRAMy5GXEWzoYlGTkXFpj2nn1gCLcBGAs/s1600/55439599_10215987497511723_1381564470861496320_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-lHvga-cFztE/XJ45t_L44TI/AAAAAAAAZyo/CX8TSmOux0g7JViJiHgsPcFrHaIO5FoxgCLcBGAs/s1600/55594348_10215987483751379_6953718645415477248_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-psg1DOd6vOA/XJ45v-xxtXI/AAAAAAAAZzA/yViSEf-SvrQVmOK1GWtO3EV7jkjQ881ZwCLcBGAs/s1600/55829633_10215987489991535_4709282896756604928_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-kblsNZa2_Lw/XJ45xTtexSI/AAAAAAAAZzU/Z16VlwxUQTEFgCZO0G1D1_yDdr5BqgbhwCLcBGAs/s1600/55882399_10215987493231616_286144667018330112_n.jpg[/img]

Editorial's Note:

We are mindful of people's data, so we have to stop at these few images, if you want more, please check out the source for more exclusive images

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/see-road-ambode-is-building-at-airport.html

This be like AUA bridge...
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by kennykg(m): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mr abandon project can't wait for may 29 for sanity to be restored.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
thumbs up!....ambode is miles ahead of the redundant nomad!

1 Like

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by soothsayer2: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
The spate of work on all the projects he awarded both in 2016 and 2017 are very slow, it may be due to paucity of fund or the contractors handling the projects are not capable enough. Since last January February, nothing tangible to commission. Nawa ooo!
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by martineverest(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
white elephant project...that road is one of the least busy major roads in lagos
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by iamdapsyj(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
That is what he was elected to do and the pace of work is too slow.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Childofaking: 7:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
@Autoreportng
Fading away like the stars in the morning. That is one of my favorite songs . I can see you .

1 Like

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by austin2all: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
The guy is just too good to have been discarded like that. And you begin to wonder how Yoruba people think.

Someone came to make life better and he is working, you know he is working, yet out of hatred and by a way of portraying the slavery tendencies you all have towards tinubu, you chose to maintain status quo of eternal suffering.

All of una dey craze.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by SaintLucia: 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2019
AutoReportNG:
God bless Akinwunmi Ambode, you did your best to humanity! God bless Nigeria, God bless LASG
The Lagos Airport road is a Federal road, Fashola administration did the design and was suppose to build/reconstruct the Lagos Airport road but Jonathan administration refused to give them approval. The approval was given to Lagos state government to go ahead with the construction under this administration. Osinbanjo played a significant role for the approval of this road. The Federal government will later refund the money spent by Lagos state government on that road.

6 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
nzeobi:
performance sacrificed just to massage the ego of the greedy godfather.

austin2all:
The guy is just too good to have been discarded like that. And you begin to wonder how Yoruba people think.

Someone came to make life better and he is working, you know he is working, yet out of hatred and by a way of portraying the slavery tendencies you all have towards tinubu, you chose to maintain status quo of eternal suffering.

All of una dey craze.

Instead of boring us with your tears, simply adopt him as your leader because...

You have 1. A statue builder 2. kerosene Distributor 3. Drunkard in your 5 states

Useless Governors- remember the type of leader you have is a reflection of the followers.

1 Like

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
nzeobi:
performance sacrificed just to massage the ego of the greedy goadfather.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Sagay212: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
Anybody who thinks ambode performed must be senile and have his/ her brain checked at the nearest hospital. Ambode is the real definition of mediocrity. That fat pig is useless. Look at the MF op coming here to talk trash about some useless airport road. Road that should have been completed long time ago. Look at the rubbish the mumu man is constructing in oshodi, building shelter for agberos and rapists. He abandoned all the roads in the inner cities and is going about building bus terminals. I drove to unilag through online last week and couldn't believe the roads are still as bad as it used to be since 2007 till now. Go to sabo,yaba, isolo, festac,ketu, ikorodu, ojo, etc and see how terrible the roads are. These bastar.ds collect all forms of taxes and levies yet abandon the roads.

Someone is opening a fool.sih, senselss thread to praise a total failure. If you love him so much you can tell him to come become governor of your family. Awon oniranu dede...ogun lo ma pa gbogboyin danu

4 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Sagay212: 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
austin2all:

All of una dey craze.

You can bet ambode to come contest as governor of your state. Ogun strike you and ambode ...olofo

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Emma1Oj(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
kernel001:

Please use your brain. Don't follow others to condemn an innocent man, just because he failed out with his political godfather.
I beg keep shut bro. Truly ambode is a nincompoop. Pls mention just one project ambo was able to start and finished in his four yrs in office, noon. Rather all the project Fashola left that he shld v completed by him was abandoned. In the first four yrs of Fashola, built an additional court at Igbosere, ikeja, renovated magistrate court from Bangalore to 3 storey building, renovated and built lagos state primary and secondary schools, constructed ikorodu road and others, ikoyi bridge, falomo bridge, oba palace was build, the list goes onnnnnnn. Ambo shld get out he is a failure. Common pension Fashola and Tinubu never hold civil servant ambo is owing and he is not planning to pay. That's why he was abandoned by all when he was been toast up and down something tinubu wanted to do with Fashola everyone attacked him.

5 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Concerning all those projects that they did not allow Ambode to complete, even if sanwoolu finishes it, it is still Ambode's legacy. Only retards and the insane will say Ambode dies not deserve a second term. Infact only ingrates and enemies of progress will say Ambode is a failed Governor.

Maybe, They removed him for fear that he will become a godfather of politics in Lagos just as tinubu is.
The guy is absolutely brilliant.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by PHIPEX(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2019
I must commend him for that road, it is so good I missed my way on how to divert to Ajao Estate last Sunday coming from the airport.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by verygudbadguy(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
austin2all:

All of una dey craze.

SMH!
You read stuffs online and next thing is curse a whole tribe because they have chosen to do things their way. We know where the shoe dey pain so we decided to adjust. If only you get concerned about the politics of your region, e for beta.

I wish you well tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2019
Sagay212:
Anybody who thinks ambode performed must be senile and have his/ her brain checked at the nearest hospital. Ambode is the real definition of mediocrity. That fat pig is useless. Look at the MF op coming here to talk trash about some useless airport road. Road that should have been completed long time ago. Look at the rubbish the mumu man is constructing in oshodi, building shelter for agberos and rapists. He abandoned all the roads in the inner cities and is going about building bus terminals. I drove to unilag through online last week and couldn't believe the roads are still as bad as it used to be since 2007 till now. Go to sabo,yaba, isolo, festac,ketu, ikorodu, ojo, etc and see how terrible the roads are. These bastar.ds collect all forms of taxes and levies yet abandon the roads.

Someone is opening a fool.sih, senselss thread to praise a total failure. If you love him so much you can tell him to come become governor of your family. Awon oniranu dede...ogun lo ma pa gbogboyin danu
Just say he did not give you contract to execute rather than groaning like a mad man
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Ttipsy(f): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
ok
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Sagay212: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
soothsayer2:
The spate of work on all the projects he awarded both in 2016 and 2017 are very slow, it may be due to paucity of fund or the contractors handling the projects are not capable enough. Since last January February, nothing tangible to commission. Nawa ooo!

Aside from being slow, there is not one safety measure taken at all. The contractors are just as useless as the governor. They put big stones on the roads, no caution no lights ,nothing. This will never happen with fashola.

3 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Sagay212: 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

Just say he did not give you contract to execute rather than groaning like a mad man

Contract for what? Who needs a contract from a mediocre.

2 Likes

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by zevous: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by Sagay212: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Concerning all those projects that they did not allow Ambode to complete, even if sanwoolu finishes it, it is still Ambode's legacy. Only retards and the insane will say Ambode dies not deserve a second term. Infact only ingrates and enemies of progress will say Ambode is a failed Governor.

Maybe, They removed him for fear that he will become a godfather of politics in Lagos just as tinubu is.
The guy is absolutely brilliant.

it is simple. You can invite amvode to contest as governor in your state. If he was good, lagosians will not reject him. We don't tolerate mediocrity. Ambode is a total failure and you are a nuisance .

1 Like

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by badrudeen14: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mr Akinwunmi Ambode I still not believe u are are leaving d office soon, because I never expected dis to happen, but u have tried ur best I work at d cargo airport NAHCO where dis project is in progre infact on my way to mosque today I was telling people dat dis is d work of 3years + Governor. Kudos to u brother BODE
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by SweetJoystick(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
olas24u:

You are just an idiot,Lagos has a master plan ,stop typing rubbish .Go back to igboland
Smh get sense you no get.....I'm above your petty tribal jabs, find someone with a low life as yours to throw the tribal card at and FYI I'm not Igbo and if i was 1 I'll be proud of my tribe FOOL!
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by SweetJoystick(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
olas24u:

You are just an idiot,Lagos has a master plan ,stop typing rubbish .Go back to igboland
Smh sense you no get.....I'm above your petty tribal jabs, find someone with a low life as yours to throw the tribal card at and FYI I'm not Igbo and if i was 1 I'll be proud of my tribe FOOLISH SWINE! everything na tribe to you ode.
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
Sagay212:

it is simple. You can invite amvode to contest as governor in your state. If he was good, lagosians will not reject him. We don't tolerate mediocrity. Ambode is a total failure and you are a nuisance .
Sorry. Lagosians did not reject him. It was the cabals that are greedy who think only for their pockets because that is where the brain is that rejected him
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by prodigyhenry: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2019
austin2all:

All of una dey craze.

Why exactly are you crying more than the bereaved?, Was he elected to govern you. Lagosians are happy to vote sanwo, but you are her shouting and dying over someone else. Don't face your governors and use your energy to fight them

1 Like

Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by miketayo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
kernel001:

Please use your brain. Don't follow others to condemn an innocent man, just because he failed out with his political godfather.

He tried but he made huge mistakes at the same time, this road should have been done by d minister of works cos it's federal, because of d rift with Fashola he didn't complete most of his projects, he cancels them and does something else, his commissioners were sitting ducks, he assigned projects for just his families and friends, he wasn't approachable and doesn't listen to his commissioners.
Increment on land use charge didn't help too
Re: See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos by miketayo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2019
austin2all:

All of una dey craze.

90% of his work was done in Epe, places like Ikorodu was completely abandoned, he increased land use charge, if you r a landlord in Lagos u won't like this.
He became proud and pompous overnight, doesn't listen to anyone, his cabinet members were even scared of him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Ayiri Emami, Warri Billionaire, At His Home (Photo) / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Shi’ites In Abuja Burn Flags Of US And Israel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.