Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole (10758 Views)

Saraki Sends Dino Melaye Back To His Seat At The Senate (Video) / Pictures Of Dino Melaye Before And After He Entered The Senate Chamber / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Adeitanajoke(f): 2:43am On Mar 30, 2019
Adams Oshiomhole has said that contrary to claims in some quarters, he does not possess the power to chose who becomes the Senate President of the 9th National Assembly (NASS).

He said all that he has done with regards to the issue of who becomes president of the 9th NASS, is to engage members of the National Assembly and members of the executive, in a bid to bring the two together to discuss questions of how the party can manage its huge majority in the parliament.

Oshiomhole said he stressed that he has no power to appoint or impose anyone on the Senate.

“Do I look like someone who can appoint and impose somebody on the Senate, even if I wished to?” Oshiomhole asked.

He said all he has is the power to “persuade, the power to negotiate and the power to point out what might go wrong” if the party does not organise itself as to obtain a process for electing leadership.

Oshiomhole also assured that each of the six geopolitical zones will have a principal officer in the Senate and a principal officer in the House of Representatives.

“What that Principal officer will be, has not been resolved, we are currently discussing the zoning,” he added.

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/I-Cant-Appoint-Or-Impose-Anyone-On-The-Senate-Oshiomhole.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by orisa37: 5:19am On Mar 30, 2019
If Nigeria is truely a Democracy and the three Tiers of Government truely independent, Ekweremadu should be The next Senate President on Merit and Experience and irrespective of Politics, Tribe and Religion.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Amuocha: 5:43am On Mar 30, 2019
U Turn

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by ayodaisi: 5:44am On Mar 30, 2019
Osho baba
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by J4JUVENTUS(m): 5:48am On Mar 30, 2019
Seems this one is coming back to his senses..... He talks too much.....Even when he is coming out to say this,I know he is doing everything possible to put who he wants there....Politics for their pockets and families...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by ican2020: 5:50am On Mar 30, 2019
he talks before thinking

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Bossontop(m): 5:53am On Mar 30, 2019
undecided
Apc attack dog!!.....i tot u will come and start swearing dat so so person "MUST" be d senate president

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Jolite(m): 5:59am On Mar 30, 2019
You have said it all sir, just like you did to Amosun, Okorocha and even Aisha herself,... By not leting them impose candidate of their choice on their people.

I hail thee in that perspective unlike others, atleast you demostrated the little fairness in you. UP NEXT LEVEL....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by OyiboOyibo(m): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2019
Who borrowed this short devil brain?

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Jolite(m): 6:11am On Mar 30, 2019
This is not even my problem sir, the girl all the boys in my street are managing, one greedy boy went and impregnated her. This country is just a problem...haah.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by BabaAduras: 6:13am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:
If Nigeria is truely a Democracy and the three Tiers of Government truely independent, Ekweremadu should be The next Senate President on Merit and Experience and irrespective of Politics, Tribe and Religion.

You brain is polluted by party politics otherwise you would have known democracy is a game of majority.

Even in America (the epitome of democracy) till very recently, Republicans were holding the Presidency, Senate and the House of Reps. They lost the Leadership of House of Reps when the Democrats gained majority.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by ZIAZI(m): 6:18am On Mar 30, 2019
If you are a good follower of Nigerian politics, u would observe that Osho Baba caused most of d problems rocking APC ! I wait in anticipation for the SENATE PALAVA loading as APC would end up fighting themselves for the Office of the Senate President. Finally, one of d factions would resort to the help of the PDP senators to emerge as the SP. Don't call me a PDP faithful, this is ordinary common sense that every Tom, Dick n Harry is expected to know the APC for.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Frankiss44(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

It doesn't happen like that anywhere in the world.. Democracy is a game of numbers

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by hopilo: 6:28am On Mar 30, 2019
Frankiss44:

It doesn't happen like that anywhere in the world.. Democracy is a game of numbers
If he gets the numbers from both parties in the senate, then he can be SP. Democratically

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by KingLennon(m): 6:33am On Mar 30, 2019
Akpabio will just weep sha... grin
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by slickbak(m): 6:35am On Mar 30, 2019
I guess it's hard for a saint to impose a saint on a fellow saint at the detriment of another saint.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Frankiss44(m): 6:38am On Mar 30, 2019
hopilo:

If he gets the numbers from both parties in the senate, then he can be SP. Democratically

He can doesn't mean he will.. But yes democratically he can but we know that will be extremely difficult if not close to impossible

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45am On Mar 30, 2019
He said all he has is the power to “persuade, the power to negotiate and the power to point out what might go wrong” if the party does not organise itself as to obtain a process for electing leadership.
Good job Mr Chairman sir.
We appreciate you.
You did a good job in the past many months. .
Keep it up sir.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by ACKayleb: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:
U are a black cow, when pdp was in power was opposition the Senate president?? Did d east vote for apc... Rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:52am On Mar 30, 2019
Adeitanajoke:
Adams Oshiomhole has said that contrary to claims in some quarters, he does not possess the power to chose who becomes the Senate President of the 9th National Assembly (NASS).

https://all-gists..com/2019/03/I-Cant-Appoint-Or-Impose-Anyone-On-The-Senate-Oshiomhole.html?m=1
How can you Tinubu your boss will make the appointment nah and you carry out the order!!!
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by simplyOJ(m): 6:55am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:
Sorry! This is Party democracy; the majority have the number and most times their way. Ekweremadu can still swim in the pool of the minority & make his contributions. No emotions here, this happens even in the biggest of democracies.

OshoBaba is only doing what a responsible Chairman should do; to engage party members elected into the Parliament and also to avert a repeat of what happened at the 8th Assembly where aggrieved members went against the Party's arrangement for allocation of power.

Once bitten Twice shy!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Oasis007(m): 6:57am On Mar 30, 2019
Difference between Nigerian Politicians and Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Timekeeper: 6:58am On Mar 30, 2019
Okay. Let's hear what our PDP Igbos has to say about this

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by unitysheart(m): 7:02am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

Dream on.

Same way Schumer is senate leader instead of McConnell in the US abi.

6 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by hostsuperfetch: 7:05am On Mar 30, 2019
Microsoft presented numerous framework forms in Windows 10 with the best of goals. Be that as it may, they have steadily turned into an undeniable irritation. SuperFetch is one such windows 10 superfetch procedure that causes high circle use in Windows 10 PCs, bringing about lazy execution
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by seanfer(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

In the History of America’s democracy that we are practicing can you tell Us where the Senate is head by the opposition party?

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Sinner1(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2019
ACKayleb:
U are a black cow, when pdp was in power was opposition the Senate president?? Did d east vote for apc... Rubbish
see sefia painment....
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by orisa37: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2019
America's Presidency is superior to the Nigeria's Democracy.
Re: I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole by Ijaycool(f): 7:34am On Mar 30, 2019
Mumu.
Who told you that your position is that relevant?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ll Quit Politics If PDP Fails To Capture Anambra In 2021- Prof ABC Nwosu / Digital Economy: Osinbajo Commends Abiodun Over Launch Of OGDEIP / PDP Appoints Umaru Dikko To Head National Disciplinary Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.