Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya (39203 Views)

Beverly Naya's Transparent Arabian Dress To The Wedding Party 2 Premiere [PICS] / Beverly Naya, Stephanie, Toyin Abraham, Juliet: Who Rocked The Aso Ebi Best? / Beverly Naya Was Bullied For Having Bad Eczema, Crooked Teeth, Lightbulb Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by oluchisimfred: 5:36am On Mar 30, 2019
Beverly Naya who opened up on her own experience while shooting her new documentary 'Skin', disclosed that she was mocked and bullied for her dark skin. The UK-born Nollywood actress who disclosed that her documentary which premieres on Sunday, March 31 would bring a new dimension to film production in Nollywood, revealed that she’s still in shock from what she gathered from some Nigerians, most especially, controversial cross dresser and bleaching cream merchant, Bobrisky  while researching the documentary. Beverly Naya who recounted how she was mocked and bullied over her dark skin, said she is just contributing her own best to stop it.

The actress said; 

“As an industry, we need to diversify. As a person, I need to impact on people. I grew up in very difficult situation. I was bullied and mocked for my skin. Same problem is trending and I have to contribute my best to stop it.“I interviewed about 30 people, including Bobrisky, for this project and I had the opportunity to travel to my home town, Delta, for the first time. I aim at being Nigeria’s prolific documentary expert.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/30/i-was-mocked-bullied-for-my-dark-skin-beverly-naya/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by beewhy009(m): 5:49am On Mar 30, 2019
Then fix it Beverley

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by B3sty(m): 5:53am On Mar 30, 2019
My CRUSH

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nickijoy(f): 5:54am On Mar 30, 2019
She is so cute... black is beautiful

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by careytommy37(m): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2019
How many time will this go talk about her skin colour?

News Flash: THERE ARE A BILLION OTHERS! angry

8 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by teacherbim(f): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2019
She is beautiful but what about this Bobrisky Bobrisky

3 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Olabodedennis(m): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2019
You are beautiful just the way you are
F*ck haters

5 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by jeff1607(m): 5:58am On Mar 30, 2019
haba! you too?
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by anochuko01(m): 6:05am On Mar 30, 2019
i love fine black girls

4 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by J4JUVENTUS(m): 6:07am On Mar 30, 2019
All these attention seekers sef.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by martineverest(m): 6:08am On Mar 30, 2019
I love her confidence
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 30, 2019
I just love the girl accent walahi

13 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Olufela30: 6:14am On Mar 30, 2019
I started loving her since her role in the wedding Party !!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Oddsman(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2019
Bullied for your dark skin in Nigeria?

10 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by mofedamijo(m): 6:24am On Mar 30, 2019
what is she talking about, the U.K is a better place for black kids to grow cause there are so many black kids there, how about been black in ukraine or russia, germany, abeg, kids get bullied even by black kids on black kids, don't get me wrong, am not saying it shouldn't be discussed, but i don't think we need to do 50hrs wahala on this, wetin you want make black american kids kon do.........

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 30, 2019
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by chriskosherbal(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2019
Beverly Naya is my crush anyday anytime black is beautiful anyday anytime same with Genevieve.

Go girl

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by namiji2598: 6:32am On Mar 30, 2019
me too but I fucking no care

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:32am On Mar 30, 2019
BLACK IS truly BEAUTIFUL!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ThinkSmarter: 6:35am On Mar 30, 2019
If u re not strong and confident darkskinned individual down here in Africa, u will be forced to bleach ur skin.
#teamblackskin.

10 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Yonce(f): 6:46am On Mar 30, 2019
ThinkSmarter:
If u re not strong and confident darkskinned individual down here in Africa, u will be forced to bleach ur skin.
#teamblackskin.

True talk. Colorism remains rampant in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by bugggg: 6:47am On Mar 30, 2019
Risky just dey bully u cos e wan sell cream.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by kmaster007: 6:50am On Mar 30, 2019
use hypo wash
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by pTomz(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2019
this babe just dey fine anyhow

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by imanray37(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2019
I don't know why I love and cherish black skin ladies very very much attractive and sexy

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by grandstar(m): 6:56am On Mar 30, 2019
beewhy009:
Then fix it Beverley

Fix what? Because of brainless comments come change my follow come skin? Nothing spoil my brother, nothing to fix.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Timekeeper: 6:57am On Mar 30, 2019
Don't mind the imported Jews of our nation.. Our yeast brothers
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Majid1990(m): 7:03am On Mar 30, 2019
Black is beautiful don't you think so too Mr wailer...... Am talking to the wailer........continue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flavour Enjoying Mum's Food. / Caroline Danjuma's Husband Rubbing Her Feet At A Night Club (photos) / Benita Okojie And Olawale Adeyina's Traditional Wedding (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.