Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya (39216 Views)

Beverly Naya's Transparent Arabian Dress To The Wedding Party 2 Premiere [PICS] / Beverly Naya, Stephanie, Toyin Abraham, Juliet: Who Rocked The Aso Ebi Best? / Beverly Naya Was Bullied For Having Bad Eczema, Crooked Teeth, Lightbulb Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Sterope(f): 7:07am On Mar 30, 2019
The documentary us about dark skinned ladies vs light skinned blacks.

mofedamijo:
what is she talking about, the U.K is a better place for black kids to grow cause there are so many black kids there, how about been black in ukraine or russia, germany, abeg, kids get bullied even by black kids on black kids, don't get me wrong, am not saying it shouldn't be discussed, but i don't think we need to do 50hrs wahala on this, wetin you want make black american kids kon do.........

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 30, 2019
The funny thing is that even black guys bully girls that are black. Sometimes you just caution yourself when you remember murder is a sin and crime.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by nurusystem(m): 7:20am On Mar 30, 2019
I like your skin colour
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Judybash93(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2019
Nickijoy:
She is so cute... black is beautiful

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by miketayo(m): 7:34am On Mar 30, 2019
abegi!!she was probably mocked by a person one time.. you know how many times we have been mocked for being too dark

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by jesmond3945: 7:35am On Mar 30, 2019
mofedamijo:
what is she talking about, the U.K is a better place for black kids to grow cause there are so many black kids there, how about been black in ukraine or russia, germany, abeg, kids get bullied even by black kids on black kids, don't get me wrong, am not saying it shouldn't be discussed, but i don't think we need to do 50hrs wahala on this, wetin you want make black american kids kon do.........
guy forget matter o. The system tight for black people here. You must work extra hard, take extra shit and humiliation before you see light. It is only when you experience it first hand then you go know how far

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 7:35am On Mar 30, 2019
Yonce:

True talk. Colorism remains rampant in Africa.

True that. Fair complexioned females are considered more beautiful in Africa. Just check out the army of "beauty queens" being churned out of Nigeria's pageant industry every nano-second and you'll understand.

Bleaching girls make my skin crawl, and for me all light-skinned girls are suspect.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 7:41am On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:
The funny thing is that even black guys bully girls that are black. Sometimes you just caution yourself when you remember murder is a sin and crime.

True. But still not an excuse for girls to bleach their skin.

Sometimes when I see a fine girl transforming from beautiful ebony to an indeterminate colour or becoming "as bright as the sun", I feel like weeping.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by mofedamijo(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2019
jesmond3945:
guy forget matter o. The system tight for black people here. You must work extra hard, take extra shit and humiliation before you see light. It is only when you experience it first hand then you go know how far

yes it is tight, but can you compare it to Russia, Ukraine or China, you will find blacks and even Nigerians in the u.k government, we have over 10 Nigerians in strategic and top government positions in the U.K, you think i don't know about the system its hard everywhere bro.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by jesmond3945: 7:58am On Mar 30, 2019
mofedamijo:

yes it is tight, but can you compare it to Russia, Ukraine or China, you will find blacks and even Nigerians in the u.k government, we have over 10 Nigerians in strategic and top government positions in the U.K, you think i don't know about the system its hard everywhere bro.
you know in uk they speak english and before you climb there are hurdles placed by the system to limit you. Thats why most UK blacks have very strong spirit, they are not fazed by anything because they have seen it all. In china and russia they have direct racism coupled with the fact they practice communism and we dont speak their language. So it is a bit hard than in Uk but the reason why Uk own is deadly is that you wouldnt even know it is there till you start climbing by then you would have laid your guards down and boom they strike .

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by watchindelta(m): 8:02am On Mar 30, 2019
Lie lie lie in Nigeria lol. U black pass some the Nigerian actresses? Lie lie is nigerian na white yeye

3 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Joshuawobo(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2019
So fine

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by nepapole(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2019
Janelle Monae
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by watchindelta(m): 8:07am On Mar 30, 2019
I dey called my friend yellow pawpaw is that mock tooo undecided
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Ghedo99(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2019
Bleaching Is Horrible
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by BrightenC: 8:19am On Mar 30, 2019
My day 1 crush.. Your skin is perfect my darling Beverly, don't listen to all those bleaching body's that open their mouth and say anything they want. I hate bleaching with passion. And please don't feel bullied, I love you for you are who you are and don't change the person you are for anything.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Auxtin85(m): 8:26am On Mar 30, 2019
Nickijoy:

So true the only skin color you can’t buy

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Auxtin85(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2019
Nickijoy:

You know so, why you come bleach 40yrs comot from your life span na. Too bad I hear say people wey dey bleach dey smell na true?
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Kelvinw1se: 8:29am On Mar 30, 2019
oluchisimfred:
Beverly Naya who opened up on her own experience while shooting her new documentary 'Skin', disclosed that she was mocked and bullied for her dark skin. The UK-born Nollywood actress who disclosed that her documentary which premieres on Sunday, March 31 would bring a new dimension to film production in Nollywood, revealed that she’s still in shock from what she gathered from some Nigerians, most especially, controversial cross dresser and bleaching cream merchant, Bobrisky  while researching the documentary. Beverly Naya who recounted how she was mocked and bullied over her dark skin, said she is just contributing her own best to stop it.

The actress said; 

“As an industry, we need to diversify. As a person, I need to impact on people. I grew up in very difficult situation. I was bullied and mocked for my skin. Same problem is trending and I have to contribute my best to stop it.“I interviewed about 30 people, including Bobrisky, for this project and I had the opportunity to travel to my home town, Delta, for the first time. I aim at being Nigeria’s prolific documentary expert.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/30/i-was-mocked-bullied-for-my-dark-skin-beverly-naya/

this sounds like she's talking about racism in a black nation are you serious right now? this topic for the documentary is almost entirely irrelevant in this country

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Triniti(m): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2019
I thought this girl is Kenyan
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by mofedamijo(m): 8:46am On Mar 30, 2019
jesmond3945:
you know in uk they speak english and before you climb there are hurdles placed by the system to limit you. Thats why most UK blacks have very strong spirit, they are not fazed by anything because they have seen it all. In china and russia they have direct racism coupled with the fact they practice communism and we dont speak their language. So it is a bit hard than in Uk but the reason why Uk own is deadly is that you wouldnt even know it is there till you start climbing by then you would have laid your guards down and boom they strike .
I totally understand your point, i am talking about black kids born in russia and china etc, kids who speaks the language even better than some locals, yes its hard climbing the ladder in the U.K, but bro, is'nt it as hard in Nigeria as well with the tribalism, nepotism, favouritism, in the U.K if you merit a position and you're very good, you're moat likely to get the job, or something a little bit lower, in Nigeria will you even get the opportunity to prove your self? is your godfather strong enough? lets be factual, its hard everywhere even to black Americans......i am presently in one African nation trying to get my permit for urgent research, yet its been pending for several months, this is black on black, having submitted all necessary documents........its everywhere bro
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by OyinO: 8:46am On Mar 30, 2019
beewhy009:
Then fix it Beverley
Fix what? You need tl fix your inferiority mental complexity

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by BetShop: 8:48am On Mar 30, 2019
k
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by aalangel(f): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2019
Bloggers just cannot write. How can you start a story with Beverly who opened up" ...and all the sentences are filled with "Beverly who, Beverly Who" Nonsense communication.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by OyinO: 9:22am On Mar 30, 2019
The Black Race is the only original Race. Pls go read about the RH Factor and come back to thank me. Melanin cannot be manufactured. Bye!

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Luvlyna(f): 9:33am On Mar 30, 2019
Nickijoy:

Black is beautiful is only written in words. It is never said in actuality especially in this country. You will be openly abused for being black and encouraged to use cream

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

True. But still not an excuse for girls to bleach their skin.

Sometimes when I see a fine girl transforming from beautiful ebony to an indeterminate colour or becoming "as bright as the sun", I feel like weeping.

It is not an excuse but you need to understand that everyone will not have a thick back, people are made up of different kinds of emotions.

If we were all the same, I bet there would be no fewer than 20 people in Nigeria because the rest would have committed suicide.

We need to tackle this issue from the grassroots which is the educating the perpetrators of colorism. There should be awareness of this problem growing.

The funny thing is when these men marry their preferred light skinned babes they still birth dark skinned girls who will suffer the problems they created.

So we need awareness which Beverly is trying to create and we should support her rather than talking about unnecessary things like being an excuse to bleach.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Yonce(f): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

True that. Fair complexioned females are considered more beautiful in Africa. Just check out the army of "beauty queens" being churned out of Nigeria's pageant industry every nano-second and you'll understand.

Bleaching girls make my skin crawl, and for me all light-skinned girls are suspect.

It's not even an African thing.
It's global.
From Asia to the Americas, fair skin has and will always be associated with geninue beauty.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Starks: 9:53am On Mar 30, 2019
that a big lie, how can u be bullied because of your dark skin? even white men love d very darkest skin because dark complexion is a African charm, that is d beautiness of Africa. discrimination is very where even in Nigeria even in my village. stop all this nonsense of dark skin discrimination, just say u are looking for rating abeg.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Starks: 10:03am On Mar 30, 2019
Yonce:

It's not even an African thing.
It's global.
From Asia to the Americas, fair skin has and will always be associated with geninue beauty.

stop deceiving yourself Asian are confused people... dark skin with long hair so I understand their pain, but in Africa especially in d Nubia n sub Sahara n sahara basin, then africans was ignorant n lack exposure to understand d dark skin beauty. of course u can see those beautiful dark girls u see in Nigerian music video very beautiful and georgous dark skin girls. Nigerians who married foreigners says they are always in d center of attraction because they shine. they call them chocolate girls wow so sweet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9ice, Wife And Daughter Enjoy Their Vacation In Dubai (Photos) / Dj Cuppy Dresses Up As Angel And Witch For Halloween [PICS] / Biodun Okeowo Caught Lying In Her Grass To Grace Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.